Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

Vernydar

Learned
So, after being a member here for some time, and reading some excellent multiple choices LPs like On the shoulders of Giants by Curufinwe, and The universe beckons you riftwalker by Hellraiser, I decided I wanted to try my hand at it.

This is going to be a multiple choice LP set in a medieval/fantasy setting. With your choices during the various updates, one protagonist shall be created and then we will see his/her life as it unfolds. Let me be clear right now, insignificance and death are very concrete possibilities. Expect no favors from me.

In this game I shall take the role of the GM like in a pen and paper rpg, and all of you together will be the playing character. There will be a character sheet in the second post, and what is written there will influence the game. How the character develops in the game and what choices he/she will have depends heavily on your previous choices. I strongly invite you all to take a look at the character's strengths and weaknesses before making a decision.

I will try to update daily if possible. I will give you multiple choices, and sometimes ask multiple answers. Before making a new update I will count the votes and determine the chosen path. Quite often when I say so, you will have the possibility to vote your own choice instead of the ones I propose. If whatever you propose gets the most votes, that is what our protagonist will do. I only ask that you do not try to metagame with things you cannot possibly know, and that you only propose things significantly different from the choices I provided before.

A few general reminders:
- In this lp you are free to choose your way in the world I am creating. You can be anything you want to be, as long as you manage to. In fact I think it likely you will develop more than one talent in order to succeed. I will not force you down any preordained path.
- The world is a medieval/fantasy. There are fantasy themes in the setting, though I will not specify the amount. Whether you want to delve into them or not is up to you.
- The world is not static. This is most important, no matter what you do, things are happening elsewhere. You are for now just a small part of the world. And rather insignificant :). If you stay five years in some place being a farmer... well, do not expect the world to wait for you.
- And I think I will also add that the world is a dangerous place. Remember I will make you no favors. As the title says, obscurity or death are very possible :) How you plan to face this possibility is up to you

Character Sheet

Information on the setting (geography, politics, culture, and so on)

Some more information on mechanics (reading this is strongly suggested)

Updates list:
1 - Childhood
2 - Adolescence
3 - Preparing for your journey
4 - A sudden departure
5 - The village of Tulik
6 – The village of Tulik: meeting its people
7 – Choosing your first step
8 – On the road at last (Well, on the cart path...)
9 – An investigation on the road
10 – Into the forest
11 – On the riverbank
12 – A crossing, a walk, and...
13 – Arrival at Qoor
14 – The massacre at Qoor
15 – Under a mountain of corpses
16 – Meetings at midnight
17 – Of Bears and Forests
18 – Meeting the Lord of Bitak
19 - Places of Bitak
20 – A morning at the market
21 – Of faraway lands and old booksellers
22 – Histories of the past and buying knowledge
23 – Leather is better than clothes, right?
24 – An afternoon at the tavern
25 – Talking about coins, nobles and richly dressed fellows
26 – A dinner with merchants
27 – A talk with Irene, and important decisions
28 – Declaration of intents
29 – Meeting captain Kalz
30 – On the road again
31 – A merchant and a carpenter
32 – A solution, an enemy and a choice of interest
33 – A proposed meeting....
34 – A last minute quarrel
35 – A disturbing development
36 – Death in the office
37 – A hand in the dark ?
38 – Of poisons and questionings
39 – Poison and blood
40 – A difficult choice
41 – An interrogation and a treasury
42 – A new morning
43 – An investigation, a reunion, and a decision
44 – Crossroads
45 – An acrid smell
46 – The road to Nokos
47 – Peaceful days and opportunities
48 – A dim light
49 – An unexpected sound
50 – Moving flames and shadows
51 – A flight in the dark
52 – On the road again
53 – Fight in the night
54 - Screeches and screams
55 – Bitak, sweet Bitak
56 – Some new information
57 – Conversations
58 – Of weapons, armors, and Bitak
59 – A new choice
60 – A vague assignment
61 – Meet your new commander
62 – Arrival at Nalnys
63 – Multiple tasks
64 – Refining the plan
65 – Burned to a crisp
66 – I'll have my meat well done
67 – A very high wall
68 – Of courtyards, buildings, and wells
69 – The central courtyard
70 – Hot and cold
71 – Death in the night
72 – An overgrown garden
73 – Closed doors and skeletons
74 – A voice in the dark
75 – A majestic inscription
76 – Fallen from the sky
77 – Honor the fallen

Vernydar

Learned
Character sheet:
Herein you will find all the information about your character. These information will change as the character develops. Please be sure to check this sheet before deciding what do, your character's strengths and weaknesses determines how likely he/she is to succeed in a given task. Note that there may be some hidden stats you will uncover later in the game.

Name Kyoss Vackel
Sex Male
Age 16

Attributes
Strength: Average
Your physical prowess. Your brute strength. How much you can lift, how much you can push. Basically, muscular power.

Dexterity: Average
Your agility. your coordination. How well you can move your body.

Intelligence: Above Average
Your wits, your intelligence, your ability to learn and to reason. Not just your IQ, but something more that comprises every aspect of your mental ability.

Constitution: Average
Your endurance, your resistance to injuries, poisons, diseases. How much damage you can take before you succumb to your wounds

Traits
Alert: capable of noticing small things, details and sounds. Hard to take by surprise.
Charismatic: You have a way with people, they often listen to you
Composed: You can keep a level head even in dangerous and/or sudden situations. You rarely act without thinking

Personality
You are rather calm and patient.
You are rather proud.
You can keep your desires under control very often
You are rather ambitious
You are interested in women
You are somewhat afraid of shadows and darkness

Skills
Animal Handling 2 (Basic)
The ability to properly take care of animals, to feed them and see that they stay healthy.

Cooking 2 (Basic)
The ability to cook dishes that are tasty. The ability to treat meat, vegetable and fish in order to make it edible. The ability to preserve food

Dodging 1 (Very Basic)
The ability to avoid incoming hits. Mostly useful if wearing light or no armor.

Etiquette 2 (Basic)
The ability to behave properly in every situation, by using the correct greetings, tone, behavior. Useful to avoid committing offenses and impressing others.

First aid 2 (Basic)
The ability to treat unhealthy people. Works well on injuries, diseases, food poisoning.

Knowledge of herbs 2 (Basic)
A comprehensive knowledge of herbs. Herbs that can be used to treat injuries, poisons, diseases. Herbs that can be used to cook or for tanning and dyeing, and other things as well. (note: this skill is related to where you are. If you move to a different climate, there would be different herbs...)

Knowledge (Legends and Myths) 1 (Very basic)
Mostly knowledge about Eskal right now

Investigation 2 (Basic)
The ability to search for clues, and to put together working hypothesis

Literacy 6 (Competent)
The ability to read and write. How many words you know, and how well you can compose a piece of text.

Mathematics 1 (Very basic)
The ability to work with numbers, from simple addition to complex calculations

Orienteering 3 (Below Average)
The ability to find you way through confusing places with few landmarks, like thick forests. Allows you to know where the north is.

Rethorics 1 (Very basic)
The ability to give speeches, and to try to sway people with your words

Riding (Horse) 1 (Very basic)
The ability to ride a horse

Survival in the woods 5 (Above Average)
The ability to find food, water and shelter in woodlands. Also, some ability in avoiding dangerous animals.

Sword 3 (Below Average)
A good, balanced weapon, capable of dealing good damage and excellent both for defense and for offense. The sword has a decent reach as well.

Trading 1 (Very basic)
The business of buying and selling commodities in order to make a profit. Includes basic notions of transportation and management.

Inventory
Pouch with 15 silver pieces and 93 copper pieces

Weapons:
Good quality sword
Good quality knife
Bow and quiver with 20 arrows

Armor:
Excellent pair of traveling boots
Leather gloves
Studded leather jacket, covering your torso and arms
Studded Leather pants
Leather Cap

Various
Small purse of leather
An irregular scrap of dark metal. It's wrapped in cloth and you keep it in your pocket.

Backpack with inside:
- Blankets, some change of clothes, cooking appliances, small hatchet, rope, rations for 14 days, canteen (4 days of water)
-
- Lantern with 4 flasks of oil
- A common set of villager's clothes
- A nice set of clothes
- A good set of clothes

Books and maps:
Map of the Kingdom of Eskal
Book about the art of healing (Not studied yet)
Book about plants, herbs, and extracting useful substances from them (Not studied yet)
Book about the art of eloquence (Partially studied)
Book with the History of Eskal (Not studied yet)
Book that talks about etiquette (studied already) (In your room at Bitak)
Book of heraldly (Not studied yet) (In your room at Bitak)
Book of old stories, legends and myths (Studying right now)

Assets
Your family's farm

Vernydar

Learned
Setting
This post contains all the information about the game world. Maps, nations, culture, religion. Right now, it's mostly empty because you know nothing :)

Kingdom of Eskal
This is the backwater kingdom where the protagonist is born. A poor, very heavily forested wilderness placed between the inhospitable mountain chains of Wulan and Paxir, with a narrow opening on the Sea of Broken Reefs. A small nation with powerful neighbours, struggling to survive by making all of them happy and giving them no reason to invade.
The terrain is mostly forest, with some high mountain ranges. There are many rivers, brimming with fish of all kinds. On the shore of the sea lies the only cultivated land, which is barely able to provide enough for the sparse population. Given this, most of the food for the kingdom derives from tamed animals and fishing.
As for non-food resources, the mountains are probably rich in metals, but the kingdom is so untamed and sparsely populated that few mines exist, due to the dangers and the logistical problems of transporting metal. There is of course plently of leather, and leatherworking is one of the main industries of the Kingdom, along with weaving.

Cities:
Eskal: The capital is the only city truly worth this name, rounding at about 50 thousand people. It lies on the coast where the river Volay reaches the see. A city surrounded by high walls, it also sports the second biggest port of the kingdom.
Vegam: A very big village, it lies on the coast near the western border of the kingdom. Surrounded by high walls, Vegam is the biggest port of the kingdom, destination of most of the foreign ships that come to do business in Eskal. It is obvious then that it is the place where one is most likely to find people and merchandise of other nations in the entire Eskal.
Palek: Almost a small city, Palek is the second settlement of Eskal as far as population goes. It is also the most important city for blacksmithing and stoneworking, lying between the mountain range of Paxir and a mighty river.
Bikat: Bikat is just a big village holding about 2000 people, but it is the biggest settlement in the north-western part of the kingdom. Mostly concerned of being self-sufficient, Bikat is still quite active in the industry of leatherworking. The closest large settlement to our character's place of origin.
Tulik: the village closest to where our Kyoss was born. Just about 20 small households in the middle of nowhere, in the northwestern part of the kingdom.

Religion:
The "state" religion is the Church of Adsal, God of the Forest. It does not have much power, and mostly concerns itself with the well-being of its faithful. A poor, well meaning and frugal church indeed, but well loved by the people here. Its popularity is due to the fact that over 90% of the kingdom of Eskal is heavily forested. Though this is the official religion, there is no prohibition against other religions. There are some small temples to other gods in both Eskal and Vegam, and everyone is free to worship his or her divinity. But the vast majority of the population worships Adsal.

Places of interest
Ruins of Avarlos: The mighty city of Avarlos, placed in what now is northern Eskal, once reigned over every land a man on a fast horse could reach in six months. that was more than a thousand years before the founding of the Kingdom of Eskal. Then Avarlos fell suddenly, and has since been a ruin deep in the forests of Eskal. Legends says Avarlos fell in a single night, some even going as far as to say it fell in a single minute at the stroke of midnight. What really happened though is unclear. Nowadays, no sane person ventures there. Not even the king's army braves the streets of what once was mighty Avarlos.

Map:
SKv7s.jpg

Vernydar

Learned
Some more information on mechanics

This post explain a little better how mechanics work. This game will be mostly narrated, but you will have attributes, traits, personality, skills.

Skills
Mostly I will decide the outcome of your actions based on a skill + its relevant attribute, sometimes modified by traits
If you are of average dexterity and with a very basic ability in climbing, do not expect to be able to climb barehanded a smooth tower.
If you are intelligent, have a way with people, and are skilled in bargaining, expect to be able to sell that particular item at a fair price.
If you do not have a skill do not expect to succeed in using it unless the task is truly easy, and even then it's up to me.
If you attack a company of trained warriors while having no armor and with a sword you are not capable of using in your hand... well, if you don't like my LP, please don't suicide the main character.

Experience
Each skill has a... "experience gauge" so to speak, and when you use it in a choice, study it, practice it, or use it "offscreen" in some prolonged way (like for example walking through the woods for week with the Survival in the Woods skill, like you did in the fist updates), you gain "experience points" in that skill. When you reach a certain amount of experience points, your skill level increases. For example, 0 is unskilled, if you reach 100 experience points in a skill, you gain skill level 1 (very basic competence).

Each skill starts at skill level 0 (Unskilled), and skill level 10 is master level. Each skill level is harder to get (read: requires more experience points than the one before). 10 is not the maximum actually, your skill level can go above it, but each level after 10 is a HUGE accomplishment. You're basically hitting the limits of human capabilities. For example, I can tell you that going from skill level 10 to skill level 11 requires MORE skill points than from level 0 to level 10.

That said, just about EVERYTHING you do in the LP gains some experience points towards a skill or another, especially if the skill has a low skill level. Be it merchant, reading, diplomacy, interrogation, investigation, heck, even running. But you will not see every experience point gain mentioned, just when a skill level increases. Rest assured though, I track everything you do, and every experience point you gain

Attributes also have an "experience gauge" that slowly fills up as time passes and you use them, and train related skills. It takes a lot more to increase them compared to skills though

Just a few examples here.
You practice swimming a lot? Know that apart from increasing the skill itself, you're also gaining a few experience points in constitution and strength.
All that walking you did in the first updates, when you went on foot from your home to Bitak, did give you a few experience points in constitution already.
Working on your sword skills? That increases strength and dexterity a bit.
What if you read many books and improve your reading, history, and mathematics skills? That would give you a few experience points in intelligence.

Now for how many experience points are needed.
Skill level - Xp total
0 ------ 0
1 ------ 100
2 ------ 300
3 ------ 500
4 ------ 900
5 ------ 1500
6 ------ 2500
7 ------ 4100
8 ------ 6700
9 ------ 10900
10 ------ 17700
11 ------ 39500
12 ------ 74900
etc
but attributes only gain a fraction of the points a skill does

Personality
Regarding personality, your choices during the LP will change that a great deal. You might become merciful or cruel. You might become greedy or generous. And just about every other possible personality trait. Your personality might influence how other see you, once they have a reason to know who you actually are of course.
Also most important, if you gain a strong personality trait, like very greedy for example, you will automatically pick some choices. So think of what you want to be.
If you are very greedy, you WILL accept the shady, generous offer of the hooded stranger. At first, at least
If you are a paragon of mercy, you will not slaughter the pauper who tried to rob you. At first, at least

Uncertain tasks
There will be cases where, depending on your skills and/or personality, the result is truly uncertain. In these cases, I will roll a virtual die and see what happens.
I will never kill you in a case like this no matter how bad this roll is. You will only die based on your sequence of choices, not on a die roll. Though of course, you may suffer some misfortune.
At the same time, I will never grandly reward you for a success that had to be rolled. Even if you do succeed in such an uncertain choice, it will be a partial success, not something to be proud of, and you might not be unscathed.

Combat
The first this I have to say here is: combat is REALISTIC. Forget the D&D classic rules of hit points and levels. No matter how good you are with skills, a sword will kill you in one hit if the placement is good.

For defense:
- if you have medium/heavy armor sword+shield gives you the best defense. But, both shield and armor require a skill (shield to use it, armor to avoid being a sitting duck. Historically, it took a lot of practice for people to move around while armored!). You also need some strength for this! Definitely above average strength, the more the better. Armor and shield are HEAVY. The focus is blocking incoming hits or letting the armor defend you. You want the shield because you're strong anyway and can't dodge.
- if you have light/no armor, sword + dodge skill give you the best defense. Light armor does not require a skill because it's no more encumbering than heavy clothes. The focus is avoiding being hit (dodge + parry), armor is a last resort. Dexterity is king here, the higher the better. Shield can be used, but is always useful only against ranged weapons like arrows or thrown weapons. Against melee, shield is only useful if you have good strength and higher shield skill than sword skill. You might as well go without shield to be able to dodge better unless you think you'll face ranged weapons.

Please note that both have things they are best at, and things they are ill-suited at. In a large battle, medium/heavy armor can defend you from stray hits and arrows, but lowers your mobility. So it is somewhat better, unless you need to move fast often.
But for example against large monsters, light armor + dodge without shield is much better. If you think you can block the charge of a twenty tons centipede, think again! Dodge the charge instead and you will live. Same would be true for many other "classic" large monsters, if they exist (I won't tell you now, no :p). Suppose dragons exist, forget D&D "bite me 10 times to kill me". A dragon would realistically cut you in two with a bite, no matter the armor you have. Dodge it instead. Consider that a crocodile has a bite pressure of 250 kg/square centimeter. Multiply that by ten or more, and you know metal armor won't protect.

For attack:
Two handed weapons do the most damage but require the most strength and often mean having low defense. As such it is often used with heavy armor (might as well since you're not dodging and can hardly parry)
- Two-handed sword is the most balanced. High damage, can parry sometimes
- Two handed axe/mace are all about killing before being killed as you can't really parry at all. Blunt or cutting damage.
- Long poleaxes are all about killing before someone gets in range

One-handed weapons do less damage but can either be used with a shield, or with dodge. A quick list of the most common:
- Sword is the most balanced, decent attack power, good defense
- Axe/mace is all about attack and rather unbalanced, often used with a shield. Good damage though not as good as two handed weapons. Blunt or cutting damage.
- Spear is more a weapon for quick attacks and retreat, or fighting in tight formations (think of the phalanx for example)

Vernydar

Learned
Update 1 - Childhood

You were born in a farm, out in the woods, about a day's march from the village of Tulik. Nothing much happens here, and you have grown seeing mostly your father and mother, in the middle of the forest.

You are a (choose one)
Boy
Girl

You father, Peter, was born here and in his youth he left for the capital of the kingdom. He lived there as a mercenary and soldier, and fought in wars both in Eskal and in faraway kingdoms. There, he met your mother Larine, a healer for the army he was part of, and after marrying her he retired and moved back here, in the farm of his ancestors.

The farm is a wonderful place for a child like you, with lots of animals, a garden, and a couple of loving, doting parents. But ever since you could talk and understand, you have yearned for something else. You have listened raptly to the stories of your parents, and decided you too would leave this remote place and go to see the wide world. Your parents are not really happy about this, but think you will outgrow this childish impulse. However, you are determined, and want to be ready when the time comes.

While living in the farm, you learned how to take care of animals, and you picked up some knowledge of survival in woodlands. Also, your mother insisted that you learn to read and write.
(You have gained Animal handling 2 (Basic). You have gained Survival in the woods 2 (Basic). You have gained Literacy 2 (Basic)

Since you were a child, you noticed you have some traits that are your defining points

Choose 3 of the following traits.
1) You are beautiful (or handsome), with looks that are pleasing to the eye. The few times you went to the village, the other children of the opposite sex would look at you in a strange way
2) You have a way with people, other listen to you when you ask a question or say something. Yes, sometimes even adults do!
3) You are alert. You are capable of noticing things, movements, sounds other people do not normally notice. You are difficult to take by surprise.
4) You are meticulous. You can finish tasks with precision and commitment, and rarely make mistakes due to inattention
5) You have a good memory. You can often remember things other people do not. You can generally remember knowledge and events even from quite some times before
6) You are ambidextrous. You can use either hand for any task.
7) You are flexible, able to move your body in ways people normally do not. You can squeeze through small passages, and are nimble.
8) You are composed, able to keep your head in most situations. You hardly ever act on impulse.
9) You are fit. It takes a long time to tire you out, and you recover quickly
10) You are quick. You can move fast, you can run fast (for a small while anyway). Normal people are much slower than you.

Also, as soon as your dream was born, you decided you needed training! Not that you told anything to your parents anyway. How did you train for the great journey that is waiting for you once you are of age?

Choose one
A) You helped your father in the farm, volunteering for the heaviest duties he would let you. You are going to need strength for your journey after all.
B) You passed most of your time climbing, exploring the farm, hiding, and sneaking up to animals. Or trying to. You will need an agile and coordinated body to succeed on the road!
C) You studied over and over the books your mother took home with her. You want to be learned, to be able to use your mind. Surely a sharp mind will be the most beneficial thing you can have in civilized lands.
D) You took long treks in the safe zones your father pointed to you. You trained yourself in being resilient, reasoning an unhealthy and poorly trained individual is not going to accomplish anything

Well, that's it, update tomorrow (hoping someone actually votes :) ) Sorry if it's a bit long, but I have to set down a lot of things to start.

Urist McLurker

Learned
Isn't there already four of these going on already?
:hmmm:

I'll play ball, not sure if it's incline or not, but it's surely better than nothing, right?

Boy, this is a medieval setting afterall, it's like mount and blade, you don't play as a chick unless you want things even harder than normal.

C
Come on Medieval Sherlock Holmes.

Curufinwe

Learned
Yet another challenger for my cavemen appears! Sounds very interesting, will follow this one. Premises about obscurity and death are somewhat scary though. :p
Now, to vote...
I vote Boy for sex; For traits I think I'll pick 2) Way with people, 5) Good memory and 8) Composed. Nothing beats keeping a cool head, remembering what people said to you and turning it against them. Of course, since it's fantasy, fat lot of good it would do against an orc, but whatever...
As for training, I'll go for D). For the traits I picked C might seem the most reasonable choice, but I don't want our Vackel to end up as a complete wimp. So he will need some brawn too, in his own way.

Good luck with the thread!

ScubaV

Prophet
If you want to read some more multiple choice LPs, here are some epic and completed ones:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-codexian-saga-lp.43820/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-wh42k-epilogue-completed.52762/

As for your LP, I'll help you kick it off. Hopefully, you have the stamina to see it through.

Let's see. I'm envisioning a character that uses wit, charm, and intelligence to get others to do the dirty work. Therefore my picks are:
Female
2) Has a way with people
4) Meticulous
5) Good Memory
C) Studied books

We shall take over this world of cretins using our superior Codexian brainpower, but without the accompanying social deficits!

Renegen

Arcane
Let's make him a boy. For the traits, I'll go with 2) Way with people since we're a friendly chap, 4) meticulous, a rare quality for children and 6) ambidextrous, something we're born with. Some of those talents were gained doing A) farm work.

newcomer

Learned
Another interesting game :D

I envision a temptress that will control the king from behind, or even seize the throne for herself!
Thus,

FEMALE
TRAITS: 1, 3, 4
TRAINING: C

Boy
Has a way with people
Composed (not necessarily Deadly Serious)
Fit
C) Intelligence

I'd take Dexterity, as well, but Intelligence takes precedence.

This looks promising. Hope it won't turn EPIC too soon (ever, preferably).

Vernydar

Learned
This looks promising. Hope it won't turn EPIC too soon (ever, preferably).

Rest assured, if people are interested I plan this to be a quite LONG commitment. I do not really set up endings in things like this (or in my pen and paper rpg games for that matter). We will see how this young chap or lass will turn out. You will have almost total control on his/her life after all.

The only way this can turn EPIC soon is if you do something EPICALLY stupid and earn an EPICALLY moronic death. Something that will truly go down the ages as EPIC FAIL :p

Charlie_Brown

Novice
You are a: BOY (not that I'd be able to successfully RP a girl)

*rolls dice*

B) You passed most of your time climbing, exploring the farm, hiding, and sneaking up to animals. Or trying to. You will need an agile and coordinated body to succeed on the road!

Well then:

3) You are alert. You are capable of noticing things, movements, sounds other people do not normally notice. You are difficult to take by surprise.
5) You have a good memory. You can often remember things other people do not. You can generally remember knowledge and events even from quite some times before
7) You are flexible, able to move your body in ways people normally do not. You can squeeze through small passages, and are nimble.

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
2) You have a way with people, other listen to you when you ask a question or say something. Yes, sometimes even adults do!
8) You are composed, able to keep your head in most situations. You hardly ever act on impulse.
10) You are quick. You can move fast, you can run fast (for a small while anyway). Normal people are much slower than you.

C) You studied over and over the books your mother took home with her. You want to be learned, to be able to use your mind. Surely a sharp mind will be the most beneficial thing you can have in civilized lands.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Girl.
3)Alert.
7)Flexible.
8)Composed.
B

Perfect assassin traits.

Vernydar

Learned
Thanks a lot to you all, I did not expect this many people interested. I hope I'll write something that will keep being entertaining to you all.
For the results:
Sex - Boy 8, Girl 3 (someone forgot to vote)
Traits - 2), 3) and 8) got 6 votes, 4) and 5) got 5 votes, other choices were voted much less
Self-Training - C had 6 votes, every other choice had 2.

2 - Adolescence

You are a boy. Your name is Kyoss Vackel.
While growing up, it became apparent that you have a way with people, and are capable of having them listen to you. You are also a very alert person, capable of noticing small details, movements and sounds that other usually don't notice. And lastly, you are most often capable of keeping a level head, even when faced with sudden or troublesome problems.
(You have gained Trait: Charismatic, Trait: Alert, Trait: Composed)
In order to train for your journey, you studied over and over the books your mother took home with her. You want to be learned, to be able to use your mind well.
(Your intelligence has increased to Intelligence: Above average. You have improved a skill: Literacy 4 (Average))

A couple of years have passed in the small farm that is for now your entire world. You are twelve now, at the start of adolescence. Seeing the outside world is still a bright dream that defines your days. But your parents are more or less convinced that you will outgrow this desire. And you are smart enough not to press the issue too much.

Yet, as you start to mature, your personality is developing. You do not have many chances to interact with your peers, because you mostly talk with your parents. After all, it's only about three times a year that you go to the village with them. But still, some characteristics are starting to become apparent

What are your personality traits? Choose 3
1) You are interested in the tenets of the Church of Adsal. You do not really care much for riches, and are more interested in the well-being of others.
2) You are fascinated by money. You always have to put a price on things, and ask frequent questions to your parents about the value of things at the farm.
3) You are active, never able to stay put for a long time. You pass most of your time flitting around the farm. You feel uneasy when you have to stay still for a long time.
4) You are calm, capable of completing tasks without getting impatient. You try to complete one job at a time, and to do it well if possible
5) You are proud of your accomplishments and abilities. You get annoyed by people doubting you.
6) You do not like when you see someone better than you at something. This makes you strive to become better than them so you can put them in their place
7) You are mindful of others. You care about what they think, and how they feel about you
8) You are capable of keeping your desires under control. You rarely act based only on them.
9) You are just, always trying to see the world for what it is. You try to avoid being prejudiced.

Also, you are now only four years away from being of age. In the harsh wilderness near the Wulan mountains, one is considered of age at sixteen. As such, your father insists that you learn to defend yourself. After all, the wild forest is inhabited by many animals, and some of them are not friendly. You are secretly happy about this chance to learn, you are sure it will serve you well in your journey in a few years.

Your father asks what weapon you want to learn. What is your answer? Choose 1
A) The sword. A good, balanced weapon, capable of dealing good damage and excellent both for defense and for offense. The sword has a decent reach as well. Your father owns the only sword in the entire village though... It is also not good for combat in close quarters, and usually regulated in cities.
B) The knife. A compact weapon, usable in close quarters, easily hidden, easily obtained. But not as good as the sword in a straight fight in the open, or against armored enemies. Sometimes it can be thrown...
C) The bow. A strictly ranged weapon, most often used outdoor. Strike from afar before enemies get close to you. If they do get close to you, you have a serious problem. Also, the bow is very good for hunting...

That's it, update in about a day. I know there are some long lists of choices, but we're still creating our character after all.. :)

Curufinwe

Learned
Traits: 4-5-8
Weapon: Sword

Hmm... let's see.... Traits, I'll go for 4-5-8. I'm gunning for a very composed, controlled character. A bit of pride won't hurt, even if he must not show it.

Weapon-wise, the tongue cuts sharper than the sword but having a sword alongside always help. Not the most subtle of weapons, true, but it's just too damn versatile.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think we are on the way to creating a cunning character. I want someone cool-headed, ambitious, charismatic, and intelligent. Possibly ruthless on his rise to power as well.

4) It's all about results
5) Doubters will only fuel our desire to rise up against them.
6) Ambition will make us great.

I'm taking the Sword for its versatility. We won't be using it much though - we'll have people doing our dirty work for us.

Urist McLurker

Learned
Traits: 4-5-8
Weapon: Sword

Hmm... let's see.... Traits, I'll go for 4-5-8. I'm gunning for a very composed, controlled character. A bit of pride won't hurt, even if he must not show it.

Weapon-wise, the tongue cuts sharper than the sword but having a sword alongside always help. Not the most subtle of weapons, true, but it's just too damn versatile.
4-5-8
Sword
Same reasons as Curufinwe basically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom