Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

We are already moving? I thought we might get a chance to inspect the corpses do some looting.

Oh well.

2B.

What's the worst that could happen?

Baltika9

Arcane
nooooooooooo our Sadist Sherlock!
Fuckin' weeaboos, man.
3B. Read something. Like hoodoo said, if he's tired, he can always put the book down. Besides, I'm pretty damned sure Medah will be goddamn impressed(he really should be), so no need to overburden ourselves.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I would really like to see Medah's reaction to our heroism. We've done pretty much everything (besides investigating the carpenter when we had the opportunity) right so far. He better offer awesome training to us as a reward.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Im still butthurt about not becoming ruthless in that last encounter. For what weve done so far, were pretty hum-de-dum. :rpgcodex:

Vernydar

Learned
I would really like to see Medah's reaction to our heroism. We've done pretty much everything (besides investigating the carpenter when we had the opportunity) right so far. He better offer awesome training to us as a reward.

Hrrrmmm so hard for me to keep my mouth shut :mad: You did well indeed, as far as your orders went . And you were rather enterprising. But you also missed a few things... Some important, some not :D

One thing I can remember you all though, you never knew who was that wanted to meet you at Strok, to talk to you about the carpenter

As for what you will be told by Medah and Jacob, you'll see

Vernydar

Learned
Im still butthurt about not becoming ruthless in that last encounter. For what weve done so far, were pretty hum-de-dum.

Let me reiterate that personality changes are rather slow, you will not go ruthless in ONE update, unless you do something truly extreme

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Let me reiterate that personality changes are rather slow, you will not go ruthless in ONE update, unless you do something truly extreme

ye, ye. Im just complaining nobodys taking the character in the direction I want him to go :(

also, id like you to know this is one of my favourite LP's on the 'dex and if im a bit too vocal about stuff, its only cuz I like it so much.

:love:

Arpad

Educated
2C

He still has time to have a humiliating rejection from Irene and drunkenly fall into the comforting embrace of an older gentlemanly bookseller..

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, I just thought of something. We've already established that Kyoss is a rather intelligent young man, he's got potential, doesn't loose his head on the battlefield, can come up with a decent plan on the go. Plus, he's got balls, rather big ones, too. He's learning the sword, getting his agility up there, and is a promising fighter. What say we turn him into a medieval Delta Force spec-ops commando, with magic. Yeah.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
:thumbsup:

We can be the leader of our own fantasy world A-Team. Except it will have a girl in it and we will bang her.

Bloodshifter

Educated
1264267119114.jpg

Let them try their centipedes we will snap them like twigs!

Also bear bring much needed female companionship to our journey because who doesn't like a trained bear?

Vernydar

Learned
Ok, for second choice B won by a large margin

First choice instead
1 - 6 votes
2 - 6 votes
3 - 6 votes

Triple tie! First ones that post after this, either flipping or casting a new vote, breaks the tie :P

Please, no cheating XD

Vernydar

Learned
So after a harsh battle, the end result is 2b

55 – Bitak, sweet Bitak

You decide to take a look at your wound, without tampering with it. You carefully lift the bandage, and give a sigh of relief. It is deep but judging from the position it missed tendons, bones and major blood vessels. It's mostly a cut in the muscle. With good treatment and some time it should heal perfectly.

You decide that you should use the time to try to help some of the seriously injured. You have some skills with first aid, and you're not doing anything else, might as well help others. You inform Kalz and get to work, trying your best to ensure that these men reach Bitak alive. To be honest, there is not that much you can do on a cart, and being injured and weak does not help at all. But you manage to do something at least, and that is keeping their fever down for the rest of the journey. You are not entirely sure they would have survived without your help.

Finally the morning of the third day you reach Bitak. You see with great relief the walls of the big village getting closer as the cart trudges on the road. Soon you are brought inside and you notice immediately the construction work for the stone wall. It is being constructed just inside the wooden wall. This way, the work can proceed entirely within the safety provided by the wooden wall. The caravan is welcomed with joy . They villagers feel reassured by the arrival of external help and goods.

Kalz sends you along with the seriously injured men to see the healers, while he goes to report to Lord Medah and Jacob. He tells you to come along once the healers clear you. You are brought with the other injured to a rather large room in the barracks, and the healers get to work in earnest. After about three hours an experienced healer tells you that you will be fine. After dabbing your wound with some ointment he bandages you tightly, and assures you the wound will heal perfectly. But you need to rest in bed for a week or so, coming here once a day so that the ointment can be reapplied. Afterwards you will need to avoid using the arm for another two weeks, and then slowly start rehabilitation exercises. You should heal perfectly in about 5-6 weeks. Considering the situation, you think you payed a low price for killing that tattooed man.

A soldier helps you to Lord Medah's manor, and after a few minutes you are ushered inside. Lord Medah greets you with a wide smile, and even Jacob gives you a firm nod.

"I have been told you performed admirably, Kyoss. Good job, Kalz was full of praise for your work and told me quite a bit. Lord Tilash also mentioned your excellent work in his letters. I am rather impressed, you are certainly showing a lot of promise. Now though, I'd like to hear your report. Please tell me your version of the events that transpired during this mission."

So, it is time to give your report. You know that Kalz, Lord Tilash and probably others already told him everything they knew, but you wonder what you should say.

First, how much details will you put in your report?
  1. Tell him every detail, it will take time but maybe Lord Medah or Jacob could glean information from your report about things you do not know.
  2. Give him a rather essential summary. He probably does not want to hear all the details, just stress all the important facts. If he wants to know more he can always ask.
  3. A happy medium is the best course of action. Tell him much, but avoid the most trivial details in order to keep the report manageable.
And how will you describe your part in the various events?
A) Try to emphasize what you did in order to impress him even more.
B) Keep to the cold facts.
C) Emphasize other people's contributions more than yours.

Also, will you tell him about the metal artifact, and the blue and purple flame?
I) Yes
II) No

Do you want to tell him some theory? If so, write it down, if a theory gets enough consensus you will tell him.

Also as suggested by hoodoo, do you want to ask what he knows about tattooed men, centipedes and dark magic?
- Yes
- No

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
1. We got nothin to do and hopefully what we have learned in our books will keep us fairly succinct.
B.
II.

Not sure about a theory, but I think we are owed some answers. Maybe we can ask what he knows about tatooed men, centipedes and dark magic.

Baltika9

Arcane
1BI Yes for Medah. I'll think of a theory and write it down.

For now, though. Most likely an invasion force, although it could also be an extremely powerful and advanced cult under a powerful wizard or two. The centipedes are now, obviously, usaed as weapons, and the tatooed men are most likely using magic to control them and the soldiers at their command. I need some input here, bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom