Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
3A - but proposing to Kalz that he might want to consider sending out scouts to do what Axe suggested seems prudent.

Vernydar

Learned
Winner is 3 (1o votes out of 15)A (11 votes out of 15). I'll consider Smashing axe's proposal partially in mind since it did get 4 votes. But, only partially. After all it did not win. Also, I did add to the mechanics post at the start of the thread what I wrote beforeabout experience gain of skills and attributes

47 – Peaceful days and opportunities

You consider if you should use your free time to try and search for possible dangers. Like, centipedes, traitors, enemy soldiers, or any other kind of problem. But in the end decide against it. You think it unlikely that this place will be at risk of infiltration like Strok was. But, just in case, you talk it over with Kalz, and he agrees to ask the lord to increase the patrols and report anything out of the norm. You will use the extra free time to train more your sword skills instead. Sooner or later, you will need them. As for your books, you decide to start on the eloquence one. You would love to be able to talk smoothly, like Irene did. It is a skill that probably will come in handy quite often.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt 6: Rethoric – Keeping your speeches to the point

... a much under3stimated side of the art of rethoric is the ability to keep your speeches to the point.
While this may seem obvious, it is inevitable that in order to explain better some concepts, or to motivate the bystanders, examples and metaphors are included in many speeches. This is only acceptable if they are short and do not detract from the main argumentation. It's all too easy to linger too much over them, weakening the speech in its entirety.
A good example of this were the diplomatic talks with Dabil in year 537. Eskal's ambassador gave a long, convoluted and ultimately ineffective speech. This resulted in serious attrition for a number of years, for Dabil's people are always direct and do not like losing valuable time that could be better used to gain more money...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten days have passed since you came to Nokos, and the preparations for the caravan are going rather well. As things are, you may even manage to have it ready a few days in advance, at most a week from now. This is surely a good thing, and you are satisfied of your work here up to now. In the free time you started to study the book about eloquence, and trained hard with the sword. In fact, you think you have improved with it to a remarkable degree. The soldiers training you agree. You're still quite a bit below an average soldier, but every improvement is a good thing.
(Your skill has incresed to: Sword 3 (Below average))

There have been no sightings of centipedes or those men, no murders or disappearances, it seems that for the first time in this mission things are going smoothly. But you do have a few.. concerns so to speak.

While working here you had to come in contact with a lot of people, mostly farmers and their families. Which includes, their sons and most specifically, their daughters too. And even to someone as inexperienced as you, it seems obvious that two of those girls are.. interested in you. You think about it, and it is logical after all. You're young, but already on a rather important mission for a Lord of the realm. Well, important in their eyes at least. And you do have a measure of personal charisma.

They are rather overt in their advances, and you think they have a clear goal in mind, one that keeps you awake in the night, thinking. The first one is called Katra, and is more or less your age. She's not particularly attractive, but does have a nice body from what you can see. She comes from a numerous family, and they seem simple, good people, if a bit zealous. She does not seem very... smart to be honest. Nor she seems discreet in her approaches. The other, Jeanne, is a few years older than you, and is the miller's daughter. She's rather pretty and more discreet, but you have heard a few snide comments by people, saying she changes partner rather often... Her father is also infamous for his temper.

As it stands, you have to admit they can't hold a candle to the likes of Irene. But... you are young, and are having a hard time controlling yourself.

What should you do Kyoss?
  1. Endure. You want to set your sights higher than this
  2. Katra seems your best bet. You will try to get intimate with her
  3. Jeanne seems your best bet. You will try to get intimate with her
  4. Why limiting yourself? Try to get intimate with both
  5. Other. Make a proposal, put a number on it
If you decide to try to get intimate with a girl (or two), will you try to keep it discreet?
A) No. No point, word will get out anyway
B) Yes, a bit. If possible, you don't want word to get out about this
C) Yes, or nothing at all. If you can't keep it discreet, you will give up. Better nothing than being discovered.
D) Other. Make a proposal, put a letter on it

Finally, if you do get intimate with one of them, how serious will you keep things?
I) You just want some physical interaction. It matters not at all to you in the long run
II) It's not very important, but you will try to make it a bit romantic. It could be a good experience, and who knows....
III) If you do get intimate with a woman, you will try your best for romance. You are not that interested in an only physical relationship.

Vernydar

Learned
Brornydar, what are the kingdom's laws on polygamy? I mean, can we get a harem?

Not really if you mean a proper harem (multiple wives). You can have one wife. Rich men, and a few nobles, sometimes have lovers and/or concubines who are mostly tolerated. But their sons are bastards. The social stigma of having lovers and/or concubines is rather mild, because Adsal's religion is not really against it. But for a woman, being a lover or a concubine instead of a wife is considered as a somewhat low social status.
You have no idea about how it works in other nations.

If you want you can vote for the other two choices as well, in case 1) does not win in the first choice.

Baltika9

Arcane

And how are playas viewed? Just like medieval Europe?
1- no point in sacrificing our career with Medah just because our cock is itching.
C- same as 1.
I- If it comes to that, pump and dump. Anything else is asking for trouble, sadly.
Edit: Right, I.

Vernydar

Learned
And how are playas viewed? Just like medieval Europe?
Like I said there's not much of a stigma. But a known player might be considered not a very reliable marriage prospect by some. Still, consider that if you change village or city, nobody is likely to know. Communications are... travel by foot and ask, so it will not be known, unless you're very famous and/or have relationships with equally noteworthy people.

III- If it comes to that, pump and dump. Anything else is asking for trouble, sadly.
Did you mean I ?

ScubaV

Prophet
Sexytimes! So let's see, we can risk getting caught with #2 or get STDs with #3. I'd rather hold out for Irene and keep our sword-arm strong.

C
II

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Katyas family may keep livestock. Alternatively, we could insert a couple centipedes into our anus. Maybe even gain insights on their sinister nature.

Monty

Arcane
So, a slag or a hound in a small town where we'd probably be forcibly married after intercourse. No thanks.

Clotstein

Augur
2_ Stupid peasant girl will be easier to handle than slutty miller's daughter(less chance of contracting stds as well). Will be easier to keep quiet and "detach" ourselves. Must plan to bang and leave the day after with the caravan.
C_ I suggest using an alias, lest she manages to track us down after we abandon her.
I

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Indeed, much as marriage at crossbow-point to Miria Jeanne would be amusing, it hardly seems worth it in the long run.

C
I

Endure, in enduring grow strong.

(...and acquire Irene!)

oscar

Arcane
4B2

Might as well get our boy some action. Though in before Jeanne's dad beats us up..

Monty

Arcane
Given that Vernydar tries to take all suggestions into account I look forward to seeing how he includes Hoodoo's!

Vernydar

Learned
Given that Vernydar tries to take all suggestions into account I look forward to seeing how he includes Hoodoo's!

err, I'm kind of... stumped about that :what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom