Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

Curufinwe

Learned
Alright.
For the first choice, I vote B. I just know it's going to bite Kyoss in the ass carrying it with him, but I don't dare dropping the starting ominous hint where anyone could find it.

Second vote, let's try for 2. We made a character who's quite good at speaking with people, let's exploit it.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
B - Might be something interesting or it might just be complete garbage, who knows.

3 - We have waited long enough and we're impatient to seek the adventures of the road!

Kipeci

Arcane
300px-B-2_Spirit_original.jpg

B) If we ever need it, trudging all the way back here for it wouldn't be the best use of our time.
2) Let's find out if we have other options.

Not sure what option 2's "share opinion" means and why we have to "persuade" others for it (is everyone in the village a misanthropic hermit and has to be persuaded for their opinion?). But if it's the same thing I suggest, I'll change my vote's number to 2.

Edit: Flip-flopped to 2.

newcomer

Learned
For the first choice, B

For the second, 2. Let's see how "way with people" works

Vernydar

Learned
Not sure what option 2's "share opinion" means and why we have to "persuade" others for it (is everyone in the village a misanthropic hermit and has to be persuaded for their opinion?). But if it's the same thing I suggest, I'll change my vote's number to 2.

Well, for now you have talked about your plans with the chief only. Yes, the others do know you plan to leave. But you did not ask them for suggestions or for their opinions. .. Consider that everyone is extremely busy, and they probably do not want to pry too much.

Well, for now you have talked about your plans with the chief only. Yes, the others do know you plan to leave. But you did not ask them for suggestions or for their opinions. .. Consider that everyone is extremely busy, and they probably do not want to pry too much.
Alright, I'm flip-flopping to 2, then - let's see if anyone in the village has better suggestions.

Monty

Arcane
I'll join the B2 bandwagon.

It's pointless discarding the metal lump now, it could have some significance later. While I would be keen to hit the road immediately it makes sense to speak to a few villagers first, even just to learn more about possible dangers on the road.

Vernydar

Learned
Ok, an overwhelming victory for B2.

6 – The village of Tulik: meeting its people

You brought with you the irregular scrap of dark metal, safely wrapped in cloth.
(You have gained item: Irregular scrap of dark metal, covered in a flaky substance)

You decide to ask the other villagers for their opinions, instead of relying only on the words of the village chief.

At first you ask your peers, but to be honest they seem uninformed, and uninterested too. They are content living in this remote village and they see you as.... quite odd, to put it mildly. The only person interested in what you say is a rather young girl, but considering how much she tries to flirt with you, she's likely only listening to you for her own obvious reasons.

Then you start to ask the adults, going from farm to farm and trying use you natural charisma in order to get them to open up. Some of the people are quite taciturn after all. You have a reasonable success, and manage to get a few useful comments out of them.

Firstly, they confirm you that your best bet if you want to reach a bigger settlement is Bitak. The other few small villages along the way will most likely have nothing to offer you, except in case of emergency. Secondly, they do give you an important piece of information that you do not remember ever being mentioned by your parents. They tell you that the yearly caravan from Bitak is not truly... yearly. There have been instances when the caravan simply did not come. There is no real guarantee that they will come this year. Also, a gruff housewife tells you that she remembers the caravan merchants complaining about the safety of the cart path last year.

But the most useful piece of information comes from an old farmer. "Young Kyoss, if I were you I would not wait for the caravan. True, it will come more likely than not, but I was here when your father left for his journey 29 years ago. The village chief is a good person, but he did the very same thing he's doing now. He will help you as much as he can if you decide to leave, but he will try to procrastinate your departure over and over again. You can trust him for anything, but he thinks people should not leave, and so he will wait and hope you change your mind. You should wait for the caravan only if you are not confident of setting out on your own."

These talks with the villagers take a couple of days, but you feel they were well spent. However, thanks to your alert disposition you notice something strange. A rough looking fellow named Jay, who mostly takes care of hunting the wild animals that come to eat in the fields, is behaving strangely. He tries to avoid you as much as he can, he seems uneasy every time you're around, and he throws you worried glances when he thinks you're not looking.

This is most unusual, what are you going to do about it?
1) Confront him privately and in a friendly way about it
2) Confront him in public and in a friendly way about it
3) Confront him privately and aggressively about it
4) Confront him in public and aggressively about it
5) Do not confront him, but keep an eye on him while you're here
6) Let it go, it's probably nothing. He may just be scared about the Green Plague

That said, after dealing (or not) with him, what are you going to do (semi open choice)
A) Heed the warning of the elder and wait four months. Surely you can do something useful in the meanwhile, and you're afraid to set out on your own.
B) Ask for the elder's help now. You want to depart as soon as possible, no sense in staying here and wait till midsummer for a caravan that may not come.
C) Other. If you have anything else you want to do in the village, suggest something.

(GM's note. Of course if your first choice ends up taking another update, the second choice will be postponed. This will always be true from now on.)

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Maybe it's nothing but it won't take much time to check that seemingly odd behavior. Maybe we learn something about our/our parents past.

1B.

Monty

Arcane
1B for me too.

If we're confronting him in private it's worth trying the friendly approach first, there may be a good reason for his behaviour. If we get nothing out of him though, then we can speculate as to whether, for example, he had anything to do with the mysterious plague outbreak - perhaps someone wanted our land? Even if he is hiding something sinister he's probably not the best first battle for a 16yr old with no experience, let's just add him to our hit list and get out of the village without further delay.

Urist McLurker

Learned
1B
I don't see any point in confronting him unless we're staying for longer. But I equally see no reason not to confront him if we're about to leave. Might as well confront. I doubt we'll get buttraped by a choice this early on.
Hopefully.

Curufinwe

Learned
I think I will join the 1B troop. I was tempted to go for 3B personally, to try and shock some truth from him, but we're not that good at fighting, might have had a nasty surprise.
Stopping for who knows how long in the village is stupid, we're going for greatness. Let's confront the elder right now as well (unless new info comes from the hunter, which is possible).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom