Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

ScubaV

Prophet
2 seems reasonable and I don't see any competing plans.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Leave for Bitak, but not before setting fire to the Hunters house with our lantern.

Hunter was actually my first thought. We're leaving for a long time - it may not be wise to leave the hunter convinced we'd killed our parents: his argument may be good enough to eventually convince the others. And with us keeping the farm, it may not be there should we ever come back... and met with pitchforks.

I suggest we convince the hunter of his error, first, and then go with Curu's plan (which sounds like it'll get us into all kinds of trouble = fun (or death)).

Kipeci

Arcane
Go with Curufinwe, but we must also go for the woman and impregnate her for the future.

m4davis

Scholar
Leave for Bitak, but not before setting fire to the Hunters house with our lantern.
And what confirm his suspicion's that were a merciless killer.

You cant confirm anything when your dead. Also +1 for leaving behind a baby.
True enough but it also doesn't match with our characters traits right now I'am pretty sure you don't just go from normal person to murder because someone suspects you of something instantly also we may accidentally leave something behind or have unknown witnesses.Also plus one for trying to leave a baby

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Yes, but hopefully by that time we will be the leader of a renowned outfit of mercenaries or something equal and nobody will fuck with us. Greatness, obscurity or death!
Guy accused us of killing our parents. If we leave him alive this belief will only spread and since it seems he is unwilling to talk to us, theres 2 options. Ignore him and the slight against our honour or burn his house down and start this adventure off with a bang.

m4davis

Scholar
Yes, but hopefully by that time we will be the leader of a renowned outfit of mercenaries or something equal and nobody will fuck with us. Greatness, obscurity or death!
Guy accused us of killing our parents. If we leave him alive this belief will only spread and since it seems he is unwilling to talk to us, theres 2 options. Ignore him and the slight against our honour or burn his house down and start this adventure off with a bang.
Do you expect us to have a great band of mercenaries or something equal by the time they find out someone has been killed on the exact same day we left the best way to dispel this rumor is to make it seem more preposterous then it already is by showing becoming famous for great deeds besides it doesn't seem like it would flourish given how sympathetic the other townspeople are.

On second thought... Our protagonist is an intelligent, composed goody-two-shoes and been raised by a decent family in a peaceful village. It'd be implausible for him to murder the hunter as a matter of convenience or in a fit of panic/rage. We either convince him or ignore - these only options are the CONSEQUENCES of voting the character into what he is.

Esquilax

Arcane
This hunter has already told us he won't rat us out and he seems to be the type that just wants to be left alone to mind his own business. The dude is just a simple hunter and he doesn't want trouble. I believe that he isn't going to do anything - why? Well, if he believes that we really did kill our parents, if we ever come back we're going to know that he ratted us out and that we're going to kill him for not keeping his fucking mouth shut. Going after him and trying to get him killed will backfire immensely if it fails, it'll only embolden him. Let's just leave this problem be for now. If we return to find out that the townsfolk believe his crazy stories, we can use our great charisma to sway people in our favour.

As far as where to go? Fuck, having a good memory would have really come in handy to remember the map. Oh well.

Another vote of confidence for Curufinwe's plan. We have good wilderness survival skills, plus we can cook. If we run into any bandits, I'm hoping we can talk our way out of trouble. If not, we can survive long enough in the wilderness to circumvent any obstacles.

ScubaV

Prophet
pedobear-01.jpg

Just say no.

Curufinwe

Learned
Didn't expect mine to be the only plan proposed tbh :eek:
Flattered for all the faith in me, but if we die next update it's not really my fault, okay? :D

And, please let's drop that impregnating a 10 year old child nonsense... pretty please. Really, it's creepy.

Esquilax

Arcane
Didn't expect mine to be the only plan proposed tbh :eek:
Flattered for all the faith in me, but if we die next update it's not really my fault, okay? :D

And, please let's drop that impregnating a 10 year old child nonsense... pretty please. Really, it's creepy.

Well, it just makes sense. We are more of the social type rather than the direct combat type, but our protagonist also has some skill as a woodsman. It just makes more sense to go through the forest and avoid highwaymen who might rob us. Personally, I was more eager to play a a handsome, impulsive, and supremely arrogant warrior of great skill, but since we're playing the cunning type, we should try and avoid getting the shit kicked out of us on the road.

Oh yeah, another vote against impregnating peasants who haven't even gone through puberty.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
woah shes 10
flipflopping

I still think we should be asserting ourselves a bit more though.

Vernydar

Learned
Uhm, I did say that
1) you are an adult at 16 and
2) it was a rather young girl

So, if at 16 she's a woman, and she's a rather young girl right now then she's... around 12- 13 :p Sorry, maybe I should have made it clearer about the age. Anyway, I'll keep in mind the results, you'll see. I will consider all the votes when writing an update if I can, not just the choice that won.

At any rate, Curufinwe's proposal had 10 votes I can count, while the "leave a child behind" had 8. I think we have a sufficient consensus here. Closing the votes now, I'm writing the update.

To esquilax: Starting as a warrior of great skill was impossible. But you can still become that if the updates go that way. You can become anything, in fact. Apart from the fact you're not handsome :)

Esquilax

Arcane
Ah, I meant starting as a bro with the physical predispositions of a warrior - fast, strong, really athletic, that sort of thing. Bad wording on my part.

Vernydar

Learned
Ah, I meant starting as a bro with the physical predispositions of a warrior - fast, strong, really athletic, that sort of thing. Bad wording on my part.

All those things can still be achieved. Even attributes can improve, though it will take time :)

Just another 15 minutes or so before the update, sorry, the earthquake is proving a .. distraction.

Vernydar

Learned
8 – On the road at last (Well, on the cart path...)

After your talk with the chief, you begin to prepare the final details for your journey. You are however distracted at by two different issues.

The first one is your discussion with Jay. You think hard about what to do, even considering for a moment the possibility of shutting him up, either through threats or violence. But soon you decide to do nothing, it seems he will not talk anyway. And, you do not think he really deserves it, he seems more frightened than anything else.

The second is more... distracting. That rather young girl keeps flirting with you, and you find yourself... interested. After all, you never had the chance to have many girls around you. You even kiss her once, and you like it a lot. Really, a LOT. But, as you are about to go further, you manage to restrain yourself. She's really too young, and you have decided to leave this place behind. And also, you have a good idea of what the villagers would do to you if you had sex with a girl of that age. But, the thoughts of women are still in your head...
(You have gained personality trait: Interested in women.)

After finally clearing your head of these distractions, you decide to follow the cart path until you're straight north of the nearest ruins. Then cut through the forest to there, hoping to find some supplies or valuables. From there, head straight to the ruins to the southwest, cross the river to Qoor and then take the cart path from there to Bitak.

You leave the next morning at a very early hour. You already said your goodbyes last evening, no point in losing more time. You take the cart path and start walking south. You do not have enough food for the entire journey, but you won't need it. You are comfortable in the woodlands, and can easily find small game and edible plants with just a couple of hours every day. You plan to keep your rations for emergencies, and bringing more without a beast of burden would have slowed you down. Water will likewise be not a problem, the are many small brooks and torrents in the woods ahead. It's a very fertile land, if untamed.

For about three days nothing much happens. You travel at a steady pace, in a beautiful forest. You enjoy being on the road, and have no trouble keeping your food and water provisions intact. But, around mid-afternoon of the fourth day you encounter something that stops you dead in you track.

On the cart path you find the bodies of eight people, and the remnants of some carts. The bodies are almost completely decomposed, only bones remain. They seem to have been killed by weapons. One body is missing its head, another is cut vertically almost in two. A third body has the skull crushed by some heavy weapon, maybe a mace. The carts appear to have been looted. This was clearly done by a few people at least.

You remember the villagers talking of the worries of the caravan last year. Apparently they were right, you think this is that caravan. Most likely ambushed on its way back to Bitak. The road was indeed not safe at all...

You consider your options. You have traveled south for about four days. You are on the cart path, about halfway between Tulik and the ruins south of it. Refer to the map if needed

zBInn.jpg

What are you going to do? (semi-open choice)
1) Take a day or so to inspect carefully this ambushed caravan. You may find some information or something useful
2) Go back to Tulik, warn the village of what you saw.
3) Keep following the plan, travel south on the path another day or two, then go to the small ruin
4) Immediately cut west through the forest, then go to the ruins and follow the original plan. Avoid this cart path for now
5) Other. As it's a semi-open choice, make a proposal and put a number on it.

Sorry for not updating the setting info, was busy, will do it now.

m4davis

Scholar
4. but before that check the remains of the caravan for anything the looters missed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom