Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
C>B>E

but if we get the chance, split off from the maingroup and rifle through one of the bodies out of sight.

Vernydar

Learned
Very well, by vast majority C->B->E. And try to snipe a body without anyone seeing it if the occasion presents itself.

72 – An overgrown garden

You and Irene quickly convene that the grove should be next. It is the thing least likely to be problematic, or so you think. You walk across the courtyard once again, and reach the thick grove on the east side. Your men look a bit up and down around the edge of the grove, and one of them calls you. You reach him and see that there's a paved path going inside, almost completely overrun by vegetation. Still it seems as good a place as any to enter this thick grove.

You leave the horsemen behind, and start to wade through the thick foliage. You are a bit worried at first, but this... forest seems to be harmless. It's just that the vegetation is incredibly thick, you've never seen a wood so thick even in your journey in the forest earlier this year. And this place does seem an overgrown garden by the way, as hidden amongst the vegetation you find other paved paths, stone benches and at one point even a small pond. You often have to retrace your steps, as most paved paths end up abruptly between the trees. Maybe once upon a time these places were clearings, but right now there is nothing but trees. The forest is abuzz with many small noises, birds and other critters you think. It is a wonder why this place is so vibrant, so full of life considering that it is behind such high walls. But you hear many bird calls and see many small rodents darting through the branches.

And the deeper you go into the forest, the calmer you are. Once again you realize how strange this is, you feel at ease, you feel comfortable, you feel... safe. You look around and notice the other people with you also seem to be calm this time. You meet Irene's eyes, and she pointedly raises an eyebrow and nods minutely. It seems she too felt something strange, her face has a speculative expression. Why do you feel so safe?

She comes near you and starts talking, asking you with a low voice if you think turning back would be more prudent. But you are distracted all of a sudden. As you advance through the thick vegetation you feel a strange sensation. You feel.... not alone. As if there was someone else here, together with you.... Irene is talking but you do not... feel... alone...

Suddenly you enter a large clearing and stop abruptly. Before you is a large mansion of exquisite craftsmanship. It is rather large, it's design is convoluted, and there are many decorations along its walls, in wood, stone and precious metals. The window glasses are pure crystal, and from where you are seems mirrors. It is in perfect condition, beautiful, graceful and functional all in one. A small palace in this overgrown garden, untouched by the passing of time.

Along its walls are etched patterns, similar to the ones you saw on the floor outside and to those that were on your metal artifact. They are cramped in every single place not occupied by a decoration. But they are not shedding light or flames right now. They are... dormant maybe? Or not working anymore. Still for all the beauty of this place, the sheer amount of them is unsettling.

Everyone is rather taken aback by this. Especially the less... cultured people of your group are awestruck. You must admit it's not a common sight. And you still feel... not alone.

What do you think you should do Kyoss? Open update of course!

Baltika9

Arcane
Hell yes we're going.

Take Kalz, if possible, some of his men from that ambush and the loremaster. Don't want Irene around, she'll rat us out as soon as she finds out we've been keeping secrets. Kalz and his bros are the only ones I halfway trust with this.

GameOver

Educated
YES, go in. Let the loremaster look at the designs and see if he can spot anything of note. Then let the spy check for traps before we enter. I suggest everyone goes with us. Irene would never just allow us to go in without her, I think.

newcomer

Learned
GO IN. Touch the stone inside & see what temperature it is. Also +1 for the loremaster.
If proven safe, this place is obviously a good place for dating :troll:

Anabanana

Augur
YES, go in. Let the loremaster look at the designs and see if he can spot anything of note. Then let the spy check for traps before we enter. I suggest everyone goes with us. Irene would never just allow us to go in without her, I think.

But before we go in, Vernydar, can Kyoss feel up the shard in his pocket? I just want to know if it's freezing or if it's reacting to these dormant patterns in any way. (i.e. this is a question, not a action suggestion)

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Lez go in. But tell Irene that if it is dangerous, we are better off risking only one person at first. Then bravely volunteer yourself :smug:
Dont even bring Kalz. If it is dangerous just high-tail it out of the as fast as we can, if it isnt, then we get huge props from the army, Irene and a chance to maybe rifle through some arcane stuff. +1 to loremaster/spy though, we dont wanna look naive.

edit: mysterious presence is disconcerting although..

Curufinwe

Learned

But before we go in, Vernydar, can Kyoss feel up the shard in his pocket? I just want to know if it's freezing or if it's reacting to these dormant patterns in any way. (i.e. this is a question, not a action suggestion)

This. And do a circuit all around the mansion before attempting to get in, just in case.

Baltika9

Arcane
Alright, +1 to hoodoo's suggestion of being an hero. Gotta get them panties wet. But take the loremaster, and check for traps.

Vernydar

Learned

This I can indeed tell you immediately, the shard is neither particularly hot nor cold right now

Baltika9

Arcane
We're either getting eaten by an eldritch abomination, revealing a terrible secret or learning magic from said abomination. Either way, :incline:.

Anabanana

Augur
And do a circuit all around the mansion before attempting to get in, just in case.

This. But let's do it as part of the spymaster's checking for traps routine. Safer to have the spy with us than just going around the mansion alone.

Anabanana

Augur
Also, Vernydar, can you confirm that the strange feeling we're feeling this time feels the same as the strange feeling we felt at the white/yellow/red flames?

Vernydar

Learned
Now, I cannot tell you if it IS the same, but I can tell you if it FEELS the same (which means it could be something different, but that something gives you the same feeling).

As for the feeling of calmness, yes you feel the same thing you felt when first entering the courtyard and when standing before the yellow/orange/red flames.

As for the times you felt not alone, it is very similar but you cannot be sure. You were sleeping back then, but you are awake now.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I'm a little worried about the calming and relaxing feeling. How ready are those soldiers to fight should that be necessary?

-Quit for the day. Everyone has seen strange lights and beuatiful mansions they can't explain. Rest is needed.
-Sneak back later to experiment with the lights and our metal shard. Those symbols and their effect are the key to understanding this place. The mansion is covered with them and who knows how they might react if we enter the place with our metal shard. Besides, the mansion has been there like 5000 years and it is not going anywhere. We have plenty of time to explore it later.
-Send someone to report back to the general, immediately. Who knows what we might encounter next. Symbols that make everyone feel angry and we start fighting amongst ourselves? The general should get a report of our findings just in case.

Baltika9

Arcane
P.S: if we have any torches, hand them out to the group, and as soon as the lights fall again, like they did in the village, light 'em up. Take some with us too, if there will be any left. Tell Kalz to post guards around the house's perimeter, three per group.

Anabanana

Augur
I'm a little worried about the calming and relaxing feeling. How ready are those soldiers to fight should that be necessary?

-Quit for the day. Everyone has seen strange lights and beuatiful mansions they can't explain. Rest is needed.
-Sneak back later to experiment with the lights and our metal shard. Those symbols and their effect are the key to understanding this place. The mansion is covered with them and who knows how they might react if we enter the place with our metal shard. Besides, the mansion has been there like 5000 years and it is not going anywhere. We have plenty of time to explore it later.
-Send someone to report back to the general, immediately. Who knows what we might encounter next. Symbols that make everyone feel angry and we start fighting amongst ourselves? The general should get a report of our findings just in case.

I change my previous vote to this.

Bloodshifter

Educated

I change my previous vote to this.
Aye we did good so far and it'll give us time to go back and check for any shards or artifacts off the bodies

Baltika9

Arcane
Good luck getting the girl and learning magic with that attitude, bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom