Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Consoletard tries his hand at Morrowind

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
There are no essential mods for Morrowind... This isn't Oblivion.

Enjoy the cliffracers.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well it wasn't non-functioning. Local map was fucked up but global map was fine (and yet no quest compass was needed) :M

I didn't even suspect how great of a help local map actually was until I upgraded my videocard. Which was after I was done with the majority of quests.

I actually stumbled my way to Caius Cosades's house by complete accident while exploring Balmora. I didn't even get directions from South Wall first. The maps are logical enough in this game to where I don't see having trouble finding much, even for me.

Not fun bro. Not fun.
You are no consoletard.

Morrowind will be more interesting to read about (and play) than Ultima Underworld 2.

Don't expect it to put up the same challenge as the previous game though. Eventually it will all become exceptionally easy so enjoy any challenge while you can.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I think it's hilarious that OP doesn't realize Morrowind is a consoletard game. :patriot:

Bruticis

I think it's hilarious that OP doesn't realize Morrowind is a consoletard game. :patriot:
I think it's hilarious you didn't realize I've just been editing the game name in the thread title (let me guess, Ultima 7 and Ultima Underworld 2 are console games?). Oh wait, no I don't because you're a dumbfuck.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Yeah, I did notice, but I thought you might get pretty worked up about it anyway.

Anyway, it's cool that you've led your bud all the way to first-person X-Box RPGs.

Bruticis

Yeah, I did notice, but I thought you might get pretty worked up about it anyway.

Anyway, it's cool that you've led your bud all the way to first-person X-Box RPGs.
Stupid people annoy me, news at 11.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
True enough, and that's been the case with every TES game since Daggerfall (Arena I don't recall whether it could be exploit-raped or not).

It's just that Morrowind's Alchemy in particular is the most expedient way to lol-wtf your way through any and all content. It's so obvious and blatant that during my playthroughs I had to consciously avoid it.

Edit: Ah, now that I think about it, that's not even true. Each and every way to exploit the game is pretty much equally ridiculous. I'd say the urge to "cheat" in this one is going to be strong for him, especially at the end. I guess we'll see.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
And I suppose, to be fair, unless one knows exactly which vendors and where they are who supply certain alchemical ingredients, even that isn't too bad. But it doesn't take long to discover the silly stacking that can occur.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
The difference is that abusing spellmaking requires some effort while abusing enchanting requires wagons of money.

Abusing enchanting isn't particularly hard if you sell off your expensive stuff at full price to Creeper. Having over 300k gold in my inventory at any given time wasn't uncommon later in the game.

shendricks221

Educated
shendricks221
There is a 3 year old UW2 LP on the Codex that I did while watching the complete edition of Blackadder DVDs.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...derworld-2-world-6-pits-of-carnage-1-2.34417/

I killed the headlesses and gazers the first time I meet them. ^_^

Wow, I'll have to check that out. It's always fun to see the experiences of others with a game you just played. From the brief peek I already took at your thread, you clearly had a much better idea of what you were doing in that game.

shendricks221

Educated
Stay away from Alchemy, lest you ruin yet another game for yourself.

What I wouldn't give to laugh my way through the combat scenes. I actually want to be a powerful sorcerer that can destroy everything in his path, but as of right now, I'm so pathetically weak it's kind of shameful. Having a lot of trouble leveling up, too.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Stay away from Alchemy, lest you ruin yet another game for yourself.

What I wouldn't give to laugh my way through the combat scenes. I actually want to be a powerful sorcerer that can destroy everything in his path, but as of right now, I'm so pathetically weak it's kind of shameful. Having a lot of trouble leveling up, too.

Protip: Use the spellmaker.

How about we keep the hints and clues to an absolute minimum in this thread. No doubt he will go and look them up on his own at some point but at least we can then berate him for it instead of you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom