Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Consoletard tries his hand at Morrowind

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I suddenly remember when Brucitis raged at me for calling his friend/relative/whatever an idiot, two or so years ago.

:smug:

(granted, the rage boiled down to "I'm allowed to call him an idiot because I'm his friend/relative and you're not")

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
he shd play I have no mouth and I must scream next.

ColCol

Arcane
I suddenly remember when Brucitis raged at me for calling his friend/relative/whatever an idiot, two or so years ago.

(granted, the rage boiled down to "I'm allowed to call him an idiot because I'm his friend/relative and you're not")

Well, In his defense, there's only so much retardation you can take before it brings you down.

Bruticis

Yes, the gloves are off... the idiot/retard title is becoming well deserved!

ColCol

Arcane
as a side note, I hope your friend is writing down notes and places on the automap.

Bruticis

as a side note, I hope your friend is writing down notes and places on the automap.
I thought he was but based on his newest entry, it doesn't seem like it. He got lost for hours trying to backtrack...how is that even possible?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh, it's possible if you need to go to somewhere in another level you did long ago.

Still, it's U2 - where there's no real dungeon. U1 was much worse about that IIRC.

Actually, i think that's the main reason i prefer U1... the dungeon was layered in depth... it was possible to go down/up very fast if you knew the layout and secret doors from multiple points, but it was also possible to explore and waste hours.
U2 is larger but the worlds shards are much shallower.

Bruticis

But the map marks the stairs, granted you can't really tell the direction but if you go up/down a level on the automap you can see where they mostly mesh up from the previous floor.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
uw2_021map.jpg

Yeah label your map.
Also spoilers lololz.

You seem to be enjoying this game more than the previous one but it sure isn't as interesting to read about.

shendricks221

Educated
You seem to be enjoying this game more than the previous one but it sure isn't as interesting to read about.

Exactly what I was afraid of. It is somehow drawing me in more than Ultima 7, but I don't know how to make a dungeon crawl experience an interesting read. It's fun for me, but I feel like I'm just boring the shit out of everyone who's still showing up.

Bruticis

Guess the thread is too old for me to change the title but the tard has completed UW2 and moved on to Morrowind (I wanted to change it up a bit). His final post and summary on UW2 is here.

Kukulkan

Learned
Guess the thread is too old for me to change the title but the tard has completed UW2 and moved on to Morrowind (I wanted to change it up a bit). His final post and summary on UW2 is here.
Wouldn't it have made more sense to make him do Serpent Isle or the first Underworld game?

Bruticis

Wouldn't it have made more sense to make him do Serpent Isle or the first Underworld game?
The project was getting too focused on just Ultima when the goal was to get him to try a variety of RPGs. I wanted to switch gears and he also mentioned he would probably play SI on his own.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Morrowind is the game that turned me from a consoletard to an RPG fanatic. Will be interesting to watch his progress. Hopefully he's able to find the Dwemer puzzle box without using a walkthrough. :smug:

ColCol

Arcane
I haven't it read it yet, I'm sure he will have difficulty finding that guy from the first town.

shendricks221

Educated
I actually stumbled my way to Caius Cosades's house by complete accident while exploring Balmora. I didn't even get directions from South Wall first. The maps are logical enough in this game to where I don't see having trouble finding much, even for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom