Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No downvoting or playing the system = results more acceptable for everyone.
Nix, as long as people's votes aren't hacked it's a legit vote, whether you like it or not.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not a free and fair vote unless you allow people to vote unseriously. I'd be delighted to hear what the alternative is.
I just proposed an alternative one post above yours. We use this system every few years for the 'greatest 101' lists.
And what's to stop people from giving 5 points to BG3's closest competitors? There is no such thing as a voting system that can't be gamed.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Funny, how much crying there is for something people supposedly don't care about. Ja3 winning GOTY struck butthurt gold. BG3 wins every other gay reward, but can't take losing out on one specific one - that makes me think this reward is actually much more prestigious than I initially thought.
I even won second place in this rigged edgelord poll, even the haters couldn't push me out of the top 3. Another Codex L

PsihoKekec

Novice
You may not like what was done to the BearSexStimulator, but you must admit that the sheer hilarity of Swen's butthurt meltdown makes it worth it. There are few modern games that trump the entertainment value of post GOTY 2023 drama.
ed7f1c960ec942b787576b043b4653b616e67b48.jpeg

Yes bro, the """award""" that doesn't even get acknowledged by the winners is the only thing that matters.

Holy fck at the cope and delusions. Amazing

Such butthurt, it's like I sneaked into your place and coated your favourite dildo in tabasco sauce. Which I didn't.

Might want to change the lube though.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
You may not like what was done to the BearSexStimulator, but you must admit that the sheer hilarity of Swen's butthurt meltdown makes it worth it. There are few modern games that trump the entertainment value of post GOTY 2023 drama.
ed7f1c960ec942b787576b043b4653b616e67b48.jpeg

Yes bro, the """award""" that doesn't even get acknowledged by the winners is the only thing that matters.

Holy fck at the cope and delusions. Amazing

Such butthurt, it's like I sneaked into your place and coated your favourite dildo in tabasco sauce. Which I didn't.

Might want to change the lube though.
The only dildo is my dick that your mom uses faggot.

Ladonna

Arcane
Funny, how much crying there is for something people supposedly don't care about. Ja3 winning GOTY struck butthurt gold. BG3 wins every other gay reward, but can't take losing out on one specific one - that makes me think this reward is actually much more prestigious than I initially thought.
I even won second place in this rigged edgelord poll, even the haters couldn't push me out of the top 3. Another Codex L

"I"? "me"?

Do you have an identity that isn't tied to Baldur's Gate 3?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's not a free and fair vote unless you allow people to vote unseriously. I'd be delighted to hear what the alternative is.
I just proposed an alternative one post above yours. We use this system every few years for the 'greatest 101' lists.
And what's to stop people from giving 5 points to BG3's closest competitors? There is no such thing as a voting system that can't be gamed.
Nothing. But such a system makes downvoting impossible.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nothing. But such a system makes downvoting impossible.
Inflating the score of every other game is effectively the same thing.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
The only real "poll" that matter are from people who are confirmed to have played it aka Steam user reviews.

This codex "award" is on par with unconfirmed user reviews from metacritic, complete and utter joke. But somehow the losers here are deluding themselves this "award" matters because BG3 is such a big success and has mind broken them for life.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only real "poll" that matter are from people who are confirmed to have played it aka Steam user reviews.

This codex "award" is on par with unconfirmed user reviews from metacritic, complete and utter joke. But somehow the losers here are deluding themselves this "award" matters because BG3 is such a big success and has mind broken them for life.
If it's such a humbug, why are you referring to it so much?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

If it's such a humbug, why are you referring to it so much?
Because some retards here actually believe this is some kind of presitigious award when it's a joke. It's literal pure cope by losers with pent up anger of BG3 being so successful.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
You may laugh but name me RPG awards more prestigious than RPGCODEX GOTY in 2024

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Console exclusive games that get ported to PC a year or later down the road should be eligible for GOTY in the year they were ported over. Also console games that can be emulated should count. My hot take.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
LOl, even members of the JA3 steam forums see that our voting was rigged :)

That was a mod not a developer. Doesn't help that he does not understand how our polls work.
Lord of Riva I see you created a similar topic on the JA3 steam forum. Can't believe the same butthurt BG3 fans are there too lol. "WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS OUTCOME". Anyway, you deserve a few Steam awards for your bravery :)

Yeah they are so "not Butthurt" they are following me around on steam, this shit is hilarious. :lol:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1084160

LOL nobody gives a fck about your fake "award" faggots.

Codex delusions destroyed once again, :D

I like how an award by the actual target audience is less valid than an award specifically created to award games with gay inclusion. That makes total sense.

There are no other stores than steam around, a very reasonable proposition.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Console exclusive games that get ported to PC a year or later down the road should be eligible for GOTY in the year they were ported over. Also console games that can be emulated should count. My hot take.

I have no opinion on the first, I fail to see why it is problematic to have ports in. However games that are able to be emulated would be bound by emulator development, which is incredibly odd. Especially since a lot of games are "playable" but not well emulated at all, some even for decades.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
afbeelding.png

The seething continues. Good, good
someone asked before for a qualifier on how the ja3/bg3 shills voted on each others gayme... well... .. .
are you ready!?

so, our hypotheses will be that bg3 cucks were butthurt and voted ja3 down
how do we prove this? well, the simplest methodology will be taking users who have both games rated and
calculate the difference between the ratings and then average that delta out, no weighing
eg: shill rating bg 5 and ja 1 has a delta of 4 and avr of 4 cause he is alone

AND THE RESULTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!

BG3 BUTTHURT COEFFICIENT OF ONLY 1.37 !
QWsUPZD.png

JA3 BUTTHURT HYPERPARAMETER OF 2.17 !!!
ZvPp5iK.png
So, there are more JA3 cucks that downvoted BG3 than vice versa?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

The seething continues. Good, good
someone asked before for a qualifier on how the ja3/bg3 shills voted on each others gayme... well... .. .
are you ready!?

so, our hypotheses will be that bg3 cucks were butthurt and voted ja3 down
how do we prove this? well, the simplest methodology will be taking users who have both games rated and
calculate the difference between the ratings and then average that delta out, no weighing
eg: shill rating bg 5 and ja 1 has a delta of 4 and avr of 4 cause he is alone

AND THE RESULTS AAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!

BG3 BUTTHURT COEFFICIENT OF ONLY 1.37 !
QWsUPZD.png

JA3 BUTTHURT HYPERPARAMETER OF 2.17 !!!
ZvPp5iK.png
So, there are more JA3 cucks that downvoted BG3 than vice versa?
Of course, it's all rigged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom