Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Actually, the poll is meant to be for RPGs only, but I'm okay with felipe including games with "RPG elements" in it.

Well i stand corrected and now add my voice to the indignation: Age of Wonders 4 made the cut but Robocop didn't?

The flip side of that: I'm also okay with felipe not including certain games with RPG elements. It's a gray area.
The codex fears the robo.

robo-wants-an-oreo-v0-nhztcvy5ss0c1.jpeg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The reason the haters don't get RoboCop: Rogue City is because they expected the game to just emulate the film which would have been an utter travesty. The devs understood this, so they took the appoach of "a regular day where RoboCop does casual police work". It's brilliant because you get to roleplay as a legit cop doing mundane police work, but it has the sections that let you live the power fantasy of being fucking RoboCop. It strikes a perfect balance. If the game was nothing but blowing limbs off and punching MFers through walls from beginning to end it would have gotten stale after a couple hours. They did a wonderful job of mixing different elements and keeping the game fresh with role playing, investigating, and the ruthless dismembering of thugs. It is the best possible RoboCop game we could ever hope for and a masterpiece in my eyes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The reason the haters don't get RoboCop: Rogue City is because they expected the game to just emulate the film which would have been an utter travesty. The devs understood this, so they took the appoach of "a regular day where RoboCop does casual police work". It's brilliant because you get to roleplay as a legit cop doing mundane police work, but it has the sections that let you live the power fantasy of being fucking RoboCop. It strikes a perfect balance. If the game was nothing but blowing limbs off and punching MFers through walls from beginning to end it would have gotten stale after a couple hours. They did a wonderful job of mixing different elements and keeping the game fresh with role playing, investigating, and the ruthless dismembering of thugs. It is the best possible RoboCop game we could ever hope for and a masterpiece in my eyes.
I do not know if it is RPG but from what I watched I seemed more faithful to original than #1 and #2 game on GOTY list.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I do not know if it is RPG but from what I watched I seemed more faithful to original than #1 and #2 game on GOTY list.
If it won GOTY here I believe this place would have been taken more seriously, like back in the old days. It not even getting nominated is a clown show and the drama with JA3 and BG3 is embarassing. If people here were slightly less skeptical and cynical and gave games like RoboCop a chance we could avert such drama and look prestigious at the same time. This was a missed opportunity and now Swen is going to perish in a mental hospital.

MerchantKing

Learned
I don't like robocop. It doesn't run on my 15 year old graphics card and it's still working fine so I don't want to get a new one.

MerchantKing

Learned
I don't like robocop. It doesn't run on my 15 year old graphics card and it's still working fine so I don't want to get a new one.
Be less Jewish.
But if I spend money on a new graphics card, I'll have to get a new PSU. That's a lot of money! I could be putting money like that in an investment portfolio or save up for some more property instead.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
If you're that impoverished you can always steal a bootleg copy of the movie from your local flea market. Just make sure it's not part 3 and you'll have a good time.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Never heard of this, downloading it now. Good recommendation looks fun! :hug:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Be less Jewish.
But if I spend money on a new graphics card, I'll have to get a new PSU. That's a lot of money! I could be putting money like that in an investment portfolio or save up for some more property instead.
Invest in a high end GPU. Seeing bitcoing gaining worth again it's only natural you can sell it for profit later :M

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Yeah, I was interested before but you made it sound even better.
I can't blame people for being skeptical. Robo has a horrendous track record in the gaming medium. Actually he's been terrible in everything except the first two movies and Rogue City. That's alot of suck for one franchise.

Harthwain

Magister
I think I will buy Robocop later. I have a lot of stuff to play at the moment, otherwise I'd probably buy it now. And since I am not buying it now, I might as well wait for -60% down the line.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Be less Jewish.
Charge your tenants more. Be more Jewish.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If it won GOTY here I believe this place would have been taken more seriously, like back in the old days. It not even getting nominated is a clown show and the drama with JA3 and BG3 is embarassing. If people here were slightly less skeptical and cynical and gave games like RoboCop a chance we could avert such drama and look prestigious at the same time. This was a missed opportunity and now Swen is going to perish in a mental hospital.
Maybe we can get it nominated for 2024 GOTY along with release version of Rogue Trader.

MerchantKing

Learned
Be less Jewish.
Charge your tenants more. Be more Jewish.
You're right... I'm not going to buy anything at all any more. I'm just going to see if any of my cousin's Italian clients found a new Nvidia 4090 and 2000w psu lying on the side of the road for free.

MerchantKing

Learned

krathax

Educated
I had no idea about this game...wish listed...thanks

Mortmal

Arcane
Larian should never forgot:

View attachment 47195

:martini:

2013 Codex is different from the 2024 one, which has gone full retardation. I backed Larian too back then, and they delivered what was expected and more. They even gave two CD keys instead of one. They dont owe me, nor us, anything; they fulfilled the contract. It's sad they no longer want to post here, but that's fully understandable. Back then, Larian was risking bankruptcy, and they almost did because of some tax issues. Now they finally have worldwide success. To attract investors, you need to show good numbers, ROI, organic growth, etc which Larian shows and scores points with the dominant ideology, which they obviously do, as everyone knows. They still deliver excellent RPGs, the best ever in my opinion. Why would they sully their company name to speak with demented retards? Someday, Swen will retire, sell the company, and cash in like a billion or more, and it will be well-deserved. No one here is worth the risk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom