Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If you take all the reactionary manchild 5 votes from jagged alliance and baldur's gate and put them on to Forspoken, then Forspoken is the TRUE REAL winner of the rpgcodex game of the year.
Forspoken winning codex goty and the devs acknowledging the win would've been legit the most hilarious timeline.

Or starfield. :smug:

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
If you take all the reactionary manchild 5 votes from jagged alliance and baldur's gate and put them on to Forspoken, then Forspoken is the TRUE REAL winner of the rpgcodex game of the year.
Forspoken winning codex goty and the devs acknowledging the win would've been legit the most hilarious timeline.

Or starfield. :smug:
Starfield was far too bland in every aspect to deserve any attention in the first place. Most hilarious timeline is either the current one with all the cope by people who were waiting to start trolling with a BG3 GOTY, or truly shit Forspoken like you said

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, the enemies of bear sex managed to stop the seemingly inevitable. Interesting. Seems like downvoting proved to be an effective strategy. Hence we'll see more of this in next year GOTY votings.

Too bad Phantom Liberty (a legitimate expansion that provided a redemption arc to Cyberpunk 2077) dropped below Underrail Heavy Duty, a glorified equipment DLC.

Not too happy about Heads Will Roll: Reforged spot, but I guess it was too obscure for most Codexers.
The real value is the discussion we had along the way
treasure.png
Me on the right. Also, some day I'll provide a rankings list based voting system, that doesn't lose information and is much less prone to manipulation.

Saduj

Arcane
if this award is so prestigious then why don't the winners of the award acknowledge it.
For the same reason you don't see prestigious old money people with stuff that has gaudy designer logos plastered all over it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Very codexian: BG3 obviously won, when you discount the 1s from reactionary manchildren who did not play it. Those same manchildren are cheering for the alternate reality they believe to be real. Everyone who's not a functioning retard, however, knows that BG3 won.
scruffy-futurama.gif

PsihoKekec

Novice
You may not like what was done to the BearSexStimulator, but you must admit that the sheer hilarity of Swen's butthurt meltdown makes it worth it. There are few modern games that trump the entertainment value of post GOTY 2023 drama.

NotSweeper

Educated
Very codexian: BG3 obviously won, when you discount the 1s from reactionary manchildren who did not play it. Those same manchildren are cheering for the alternate reality they believe to be real. Everyone who's not a functioning retard, however, knows that BG3 won.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
You may not like what was done to the BearSexStimulator, but you must admit that the sheer hilarity of Swen's butthurt meltdown makes it worth it. There are few modern games that trump the entertainment value of post GOTY 2023 drama.
ed7f1c960ec942b787576b043b4653b616e67b48.jpeg

Yes bro, the """award""" that doesn't even get acknowledged by the winners is the only thing that matters.

Holy fck at the cope and delusions. Amazing

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yes bro, the """award""" that doesn't even get acknowledged by the winners is the only thing that matters.

I love how Swen is going through stages of grief right before our eyes. He on Bargaining stage now :D

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lord of Riva I see you created a similar topic on the JA3 steam forum. Can't believe the same butthurt BG3 fans are there too lol. "WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS OUTCOME". Anyway, you deserve a few Steam awards for your bravery :)

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

I love how Swen is going through stages of grief right before our eyes. He on Bargaining stage now :D
Let me know when the winners of this "prestigious award" acknowledge it.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Lord of Riva I see you created a similar topic on the JA3 steam forum. Can't believe the same butthurt BG3 fans are there too lol. "WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS OUTCOME". Anyway, you deserve a few Steam awards for your bravery :)

Yeah they are so "not Butthurt" they are following me around on steam, this shit is hilarious. :lol:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1084160

LOL nobody gives a fck about your fake "award" faggots.

Codex delusions destroyed once again, :D

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Funny, how much crying there is for something people supposedly don't care about. Ja3 winning GOTY struck butthurt gold. BG3 wins every other gay reward, but can't take losing out on one specific one - that makes me think this reward is actually much more prestigious than I initially thought.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
LOl, even members of the JA3 steam forums see that our voting was rigged :)
Not rigged. Biased maybe, but not rigged.
Anyway you want to call it, I think next year we should start choosing GOTY like we choose "Best 101 RPGs in history". Everyone gets 25 points and distributes it granting 1-5 points to games from previous year he liked the most.

No downvoting or playing the system = results more acceptable for everyone.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not a free and fair vote unless you allow people to vote unseriously. I'd be delighted to hear what the alternative is. JA3 is also winning the popularity contest vote, by the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom