Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck it, I'm coming out: I actually liked DA2

Bahamut

Arcane
Sure, DA2 had bit better story but still its much worse from its predecessor (that was really medicore and boring in a long run), its just fucking Deep Roads The Game,

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Crispy said:
BTW, just like with DA:O, I went ahead and lowered the difficulty in DA2 to Normal, and I'm considering Casual, because there's just no fucking point in even spending more than 20 seconds or so on each fight.

Some of the "boss" fights are rather amusing, but as everyone here already knows, they still most commonly boil down to running Hawke around in circles while your stupid party members pepper whatever it is that's stupid enough to chase you with spells and missiles.

Now, on Normal, my rogue Hawke can just bouncy-bounce around, with his SUPER MAGIC TELEPORTING, while I LARP ninja killing like in an MMO. I wish BioWare would've written in some dialogue that included the dorf or that red-headed bitch getting mad at you for doing that. I'd have laughed.

:thumbsup: Sounds like a man that values his time

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I too have a painful admission...

I'm not trolling, but Dragon Age 2 is a festering pile of shit that should be left in an unmarked landfill next to Atari's E.T. cartridges.

*sniff* Thanks guys. It feels good to let it out. :oops:

Vagiel

Augur
You have doomed us all Alexandros, this thread will certainly be used by the monetary fund to deny us the next loan instalment.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was so relieved that the DA2 trolling had finally died down.

And then Alexandros had to ruin that.

attackfighter

Magister
I also liked DA2, although I wouldn't consider playing it through twice.

Crispy said:
Some of the "boss" fights are rather amusing, but as everyone here already knows, they still most commonly boil down to running Hawke around in circles while your stupid party members pepper whatever it is that's stupid enough to chase you with spells and missiles.

Ummm, you're playing on normal and yet you still have to resort to kiting?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Bahamut said:
Sure, DA2 had bit better story but still its much worse from its predecessor (that was really medicore and boring in a long run), its just fucking Deep Roads The Game
:lol:

Morkar Left

If you liked DA2 you should definitely play Arcania, too. It's even patched now and as good as DA2. I'm not trolling here.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, DA2 trolling is bound to end when TW2 is released. The codex can only focus on one game at a time.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Did not force the portrayal of homosexuality on its players"

It doesn't.

The civilization that as far as 500 B.C. gave the world epic storytelling like Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, appreciated good games by inventing the Olympics, perfected role playing by giving the world theatre, whose philosophers understood how people express themselves in games (Plato: 'you can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation').

... has just descended to this. wtf????

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Dragon Age 2 was a satisfying experience. Why deny it?

Black

Arcane
Crispy said:
If Dragon Age 2:

- Did not force the portrayal of homosexuality on its players

- Did not blatantly copy-pasta environments all over the place

- Featured turn-based combat

- Presented Hawke in a less totally-faggotty way

- Didn't have ENCHANTMENT but rather had crafting

- Featured some significant C&C

- Featured skills useful in roleplaying and out of combat

- Had an open world design instead of that stupid city map

- Again, had less homo's

- Either cut out the sex completely or went ahead and subcontracted to the developers of 3D Sex Villa 2 for its sex simulation scenes

...it would STILL suck.

After suing BioWare for sexual harrassment I'm suing them again for damaging my brian.

At least the game runs smoother with Forceware 270.51.

So now when I play DA2 I can just go, "HA HA HA HAAA! Look at all the blood! Ooh! Tits! HA HA HA HAAA! Ooh, a shiney! MOAR BLOOD! HA HAAAA!!" All locked at 60fps with 4X antialiasing and all details maxed.

:retarded:

That's cute. And you could've foreseen it, it's not like this was all a big surprise.
So why did you buy it?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
1451 said:
Dragon Age 2 was a satisfying experience. Why deny it?

dragons_quest_origins_gay_sex.jpg

So satisfying.

Black said:
So why did you buy it?

Because, I've already admitted, I'm a sucker. I'm also an eternal optimist. I got SOME enjoyment out of DA:O, for a little while, and I had hoped DA2 might be a little better if different. Its demo left me with a somewhat positive attitude about it, but the actual game has descended into derp depths so far sometimes I don't think I'll ever make it back out.

You know I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, right? ;)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's been said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Black

Arcane
Eternal optimist? Where I come from we have another word for it.
IDIOT

Achilles

Arcane
Ok, all in all the responses were pretty much what I expected them to be, although I have to say I am relieved to see that there were no "you have successfully added Alexandros to your ignore list" :D

ghostdog said:
Alex, sorry , you had it coming. :M

Yeah, I know I did. Sorry for dragging all my greek bros down with me, I'm sure most people here will just consider me a retard instead of the whole country.

Gosling said:
Alexandros said:
I'm not trying to troll or anything.

You sure?

Yup. Look, I don't want to be the type of guy that BLOBERT makes fun of, the guy who enjoys a game and then comes here to bash it because it's cool to do so. I prefer honesty. I can totally see why many people hate DA2, but I don't think it deserved the bad reception it got at all. Another poster said that DA2 is now old news and he's right, so there's not much point in opening that discussion again. If there is an interest in discussing the stuff I liked and the reason I liked them, I'd be happy to oblige.

Bahamut said:
Sure, DA2 had bit better story but still its much worse from its predecessor

I agree, DAO is indeed quite a bit better than DA2.

Jaesun said:
Alexandros said:
- .... DA2's story seemed more personal and I quite enjoyed Hawke's evolution from a lowly immigrant to Kirkwall's champion.

- ... Towards the end of the game I did feel as though my character was fighting for his town.

Can you give us some examples of how they did this in the game?

Certainly. Keep in mind, though, that there is usually a fair amount of subjectivity when discussing the impact of a story. [WARNING: INCOMING STORYFAG STUFF] Now then, for starters the story of Hawke was much more personal than the Warden's in DAO. That was the first thing that made me feel closer to the hero and his plight. You spend a lot of time in Kirkwall, so you get the chance to learn the place inside out, as well as it's people. Every single quest, whether it's part of the main story or not, paints a clear picture of Kirkwall as a place where there is conflict in every part of society. Injustice, fear and corruption are so widespreaded that you can really see the point of the Qunari leader when he wonders how anyone can live here.

Furthermore, DA2 gives a good sense of progression. The social status of Hawke (and some of his companions) changes noticeably as time goes by and, at some point, he gets to be a prominent figure whose opinion is respected by most people. It feels like you made a life there and it's worth protecting it. I hope that answered your question Jaesun, if not let me know.

Karmapowered

Augur
Crispy said:
Black said:
So why did you buy it?
Because, I've already admitted, I'm a sucker. I'm also an eternal optimist. I got SOME enjoyment out of DA:O, for a little while, and I had hoped DA2 might be a little better if different. Its demo left me with a somewhat positive attitude about it, but the actual game has descended into derp depths so far sometimes I don't think I'll ever make it back out.

You know I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, right? ;)

“But I tell you, Do not resist EA. If they slap you on the right cheek, turn to them the other also” David Gaider 5:39

6925_1227362133438_1510600197_30621315_3896772_n.jpg

At this point, even basic common sense seems lost to some people here.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom