Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck it, I'm coming out: I actually liked DA2

Achilles

Arcane
Yes, I'm serious, I'm not trying to troll or anything. I played the game to completion two times, once with a warrior and another with a rogue, and I found it to be a quite enjoyable (if limited in scope) game. So, here's a list of the things I enjoyed and the things where I would like some improvement in DA3:

Pros:

- I found the lack of an 'epic' storyline refreshing. DA2's story seemed more personal and I quite enjoyed Hawke's evolution from a lowly immigrant to Kirkwall's champion.

- Kirkwall was a fascinating place with an interesting backstory and various conflicting factions. Towards the end of the game I did feel as though my character was fighting for his town.

- I had no problem with the increased combat pace. If anything it helped in shortening the amount of time spent in filler combat, which was the main thing discouraging multiple playthroughs in DAO. That's a good thing for me, since I am a storyfag.

- The skill trees were better than the ones in DAO.

Cons:

- Recycled environments. Nothing more needs to be said.

- Lack of non-combat skills. It would have bothered me a lot more if the non-combat skills from DAO weren't practically useless.

All in all, DAO was the better game but DA2 is (in my opinion) nowhere near the abomination everyone seems to think it is.

Karmapowered

Augur
Nothing personal, but could we please, uh, talk about something else than (shitty) games ?

It is not like there is suddenly a shortage of other (better) games.

DA2 is so yesterday by now, even bashing it.

Captain Shrek

Did you tell your parents?

Inb4 'Son I am disappoint'.'

flushfire

Augur
3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Alexandros said:
- .... DA2's story seemed more personal and I quite enjoyed Hawke's evolution from a lowly immigrant to Kirkwall's champion.

- ... Towards the end of the game I did feel as though my character was fighting for his town.

Can you give us some examples of how they did this in the game?

Alexandros said:
Towards the end of the game I did feel as though my character was fighting for his town.

Wow.

For me, Act 3 increased the shit factor by several orders of magnitude. It would have been a better game had they stopped after Act 2, which still isn't saying much.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Fuck you all, you retarded faggots ! We may be bankrupt here in Greece but we have relatively good taste in games. Nobody I know liked that piece of shit.

:x

Alex, sorry , you had it coming. :M

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If Dragon Age 2:

- Did not force the portrayal of homosexuality on its players

- Did not blatantly copy-pasta environments all over the place

- Featured turn-based combat

- Presented Hawke in a less totally-faggotty way

- Didn't have ENCHANTMENT but rather had crafting

- Featured some significant C&C

- Featured skills useful in roleplaying and out of combat

- Had an open world design instead of that stupid city map

- Again, had less homo's

- Either cut out the sex completely or went ahead and subcontracted to the developers of 3D Sex Villa 2 for its sex simulation scenes

...it would STILL suck.

After suing BioWare for sexual harrassment I'm suing them again for damaging my brian.

At least the game runs smoother with Forceware 270.51.

So now when I play DA2 I can just go, "HA HA HA HAAA! Look at all the blood! Ooh! Tits! HA HA HA HAAA! Ooh, a shiney! MOAR BLOOD! HA HAAAA!!" All locked at 60fps with 4X antialiasing and all details maxed.

:retarded:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
BTW, just like with DA:O, I went ahead and lowered the difficulty in DA2 to Normal, and I'm considering Casual, because there's just no fucking point in even spending more than 20 seconds or so on each fight.

Some of the "boss" fights are rather amusing, but as everyone here already knows, they still most commonly boil down to running Hawke around in circles while your stupid party members pepper whatever it is that's stupid enough to chase you with spells and missiles.

Now, on Normal, my rogue Hawke can just bouncy-bounce around, with his SUPER MAGIC TELEPORTING, while I LARP ninja killing like in an MMO. I wish BioWare would've written in some dialogue that included the dorf or that red-headed bitch getting mad at you for doing that. I'd have laughed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom