Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck it, I'm coming out: I actually liked DA2

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
SoupNazi said:
Screw you Alexandros. I always liked you because you liked AP too like me, but now I can't take you seriously anymore. My ally is gone.
Don't worry bro, I'm still your ally. I like Alpha Protocol THIS MUCH and I haven't even played DA2 :bro:

spekkio said:
Do you remember this "japanese games are worse than michael angello" thread?
I thought it was 1eyeking who brought up Michaelangelo in that thread? Been a while so I could be wrong.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Liking DA2 is fine, just don't tell people that it's an improvement and flawless.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its very similar to a final fantasy game, could be named final fantasy: kirkwall, you dont create any character and its very railroaded , oh you have a few skills to pick but everything is so easy in normal mode you may as well put it on autolevel. Playing it on hardcore isnt harder its just more tedious with enemies spawning out of thin air.
You maybe have an illusion of liberty but its just a few quests hubs linked together unlike new vegas and first fallouts, its extremely streamlined , extreme handholding big arrows flashing about quests objectives "secret" entrances etc, all in all really pathetic.
I can understand you enjoy that, but then i think youll have a better experience trying the real thing like final fantasy 12 theres more content .
If there was any other rpg or action rpg recently released we would not even speak of it, its just not worth it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L Railroaded.. L0L How is it any different than any other BIO game?

DA1; Forced to become a grey warden NO MATTER WHAT and forced to see the story of the archdemon

DA2: The story is all about Hawke - the PC.

DA2 is no more or elss railroaded than other BIO games.

R00fles!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Volourn said:
L0L Railroaded.. L0L How is it any different than any other BIO game?

Which speaks volumes about how shitty all their games are starting from the worst of them all (NWN) to the second worst (DA2).

Mortmal

Arcane
Never said other bio games were not railroaded , computer games usually are anyway.. But it seems they fail to give us an illusion of freedom, unlike AP, completely railroaded but it succeed in making you believe your actions have consequences.
Streamlining is extreme even more than usual too. It sounds like the guys developing it were told ,dragon age license is nothing special its like the sims or our NBA shit sport games, you have one year to shove out the next one, and it better get a 7 digits sale or youll find your things packed in a box outside the building.
Its an hamburger main market rpg, tasteless shallow and rushed. Far gone are the days of big project like neverwinter or dragon age, i was preordering biowares game before that, now seeing what it has become , i will no longer buy .
The next step is probably a multiplayer mass effect shooter with arenas ,a few perks for your characters, then facebook games.They will go full call of duty for next mass effect trust me.

Vibalist

Arcane
Stop arguing with Volourn. Please.

Also, Alexandros, stop apologising left and right just because you like DA2. Who in their right mind cares?

Needles

Scholar
Crispy said:
MOAR BLOOD!

blood.jpg

*edit

x2qrv5.jpg

It shouldn't go unnoticed how Caleb's hands (and everything else actually) look better than the fucking elf.

Achilles

Arcane
commie said:
Lay off Alexandros! He's an AP lovin' bro! Everyone's entitled to piss into the wind from time to time!

Thanks commie :love:

Vibalist said:
Also, Alexandros, stop apologising left and right just because you like DA2. Who in their right mind cares?

Will do :salute:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Each day the codex becomes more like the shit eaters that they bitch about. Little by little. Why don't you all just drop the act and finally go join your brothers over at the GameFAQs forums. You know it's what you secretly desire.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is still the best forum on the web for discussing the kinds of RPGs I like. Considering that a really good 2D RPG is incredibly rare these days, it's not surprising people's tastes are changing and newer members consider DAO a good game. Change is inevitable and no matter how much we resist it the golden age is gone. That won't stop me from wanting it back, though.

Achilles

Arcane
Hobo Elf said:
Each day the codex becomes more like the shit eaters that they bitch about. Little by little. Why don't you all just drop the act and finally go join your brothers over at the GameFAQs forums. You know it's what you secretly desire.

Liking one game doesn't automatically make you a Gamefaq dweller, you know, nor does it mean that all of a sudden you love this type of game in general. I liked DA2 but I would much rather have a game in the style of DAO. I also liked DAO but I wanted it to be more like BG2. I hope you can understand the difference. Blind hate and fishing for Kodex Kool Kredits is really not my style.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA@ Someone likes a game I hate!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Someone hates a game I like!

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" - Internet crying since its creation

Smiffy

Novice
I haven't played DA2 but I have seen some of the cutscenes. And I find them terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible. They seem to serve only one purpose and one purpose only: To inspire awe in the viewer. They look as if an utterly talentless director with delusions of grandeur read a book "Moviemaking for Dummies" and hence set forth to envision his tale of at least shakespearian dimensions, only to fail completely in every single aspect.
The often cited word "awesome" seems to be yelled at the viewer in every single scene:"THIS IS AWESOME! AWESOME!!!! GET IT??? SOOO BLOODY AWESOME!!! CAN'T YOU SEE HOW AWESOME THIS IS??? CAN'T YOU???". Watching the cutscenes I get the feeling the devs were forced to listen to Carmina Burana at maximum volume 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As if they were constantly fed cocaine and whisky and had naked ladies sitting at their feet telling them how awesome they are. As if Chuck Norris was camping outside their office waiting to get an autograph.

So my question @ Alexandros: Are they really that bad? Or is it just that I have not watched them within the context of the story that makes me feel that way? Although I must say I seriously cannot imagine any scenes that could possbly make up for all this awfulness...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hobo Elf said:
Hi Skyway.

Achilles

Arcane
Smiffy said:
So my question @ Alexandros: Are they really that bad? Or is it just that I have not watched them within the context of the story that makes me feel that way? Although I must say I seriously cannot imagine any scenes that could possbly make up for all this awfulness...

Most of the cutscenes in the game are dialogue-based or set up a quest. I can't remember many cutscenes with battles and "awesome" stuff other than the finishing moves after a boss battle (the finishing moves of DAO are now placed in a cutscene). I had no problem with them. I will say this though: the prologue is definitely the weakest part of the game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Hobo Elf said:
Hi Skyway.

I am the primordial desire in the back of your mind that you try to suppress.

Ulminati said:
I'd say the entire game is the weakest part of the game :/

Prologue - Bad shit

Act 1 - Not quite as bad shit

Act 2 - The best of the shit

Act 3 - Flying monkey feces

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom