Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who's interested in playing a game of Victoria 2 or EU3?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Erzherzog said:
I'll try my hand at Britain in a SP round and if I can manage I'll trade France with you.

Britain is way way way more manageable this go 'round than it was in Vic1. In Vic1 it was...torture.

Thanks, France from what I remember is way more manageable (havent played it, since I mainly play underdogs, but on map its not as spread as I recall). But if You find UK to be unacceptable I'll bear that cross...

@Chzr

Sure, why not. Sweden? Mexico? Or minor minor like Sardinia-Piedmont?

chzr

Scholar
will study manual a bit first but so far i like belgium, maybe switz./sweden.

out of curiosity - is texas 'playable' or is it simply eaten by bigger mex/usa/uk? looks also quite interesting (don't really like playing the big players)

So what reasonable nations are left? Seeing as the game is over a much longer time span than HoI 3 I don't suppose uniting Italy or such would be a possibility? If so I could go for an Italian state. That or Denmark/Sweden. Considering ordering a copy, which would hopefully arrive before the weekend, Sunday was the preliminary date for a game right?

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Sweden, Belgium, Two Sicilies and the Netherlands are all good options. If you try and go for the reunification of Italy, it won't be easy because the other human players will try and stop you.

Erzherzog

Magister
Reject_666_6 said:
Sweden, Belgium, Two Sicilies and the Netherlands are all good options. If you try and go for the reunification of Italy, it won't be easy because the other human players will try and stop you.

Or help him. Alliance promises are useful and if you think you can be stronger than Italy peacefully than it's good to help them to reduce their neighbor's power.

I played Britain a bit in SP. I think with a slow enough game speed I'll do fine and I know my diplomatic and strategic goals so Malakal will get France, I'll take UK and we will see how this goes.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played France a bit. Seems really powerful and has incredible potential - excellent techs, good literacy, populous. But somehow it didnt speak to me. Well I dislike playing great powers but I am sure that they are way more interesting in MP since challenge is actually present.

Erzerzog if You prefer France I can take UK, if You are happy with UK I am happy with France. Pick one.

@Reject_666
I can see many player nations supporting the underdogs. UK for Prussia is quite obvious, Russia and Spain/France for Sardinia-Piedmont too. USA could be interested in more potential wars in Europe too. Smart players will side with weaker nations against the stronger ones...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
While I can't really say for Mitteleuropa, Austria will support Two Sicilies' expansion across the Italian peninsula, as long as they leave Venice and Lombardia under Habsburg rule. If you insist on giving up the sweet flag of Sicily, we'll have a mock war to trade the states back to me.

EDIT: A third alliance in Asia or Americas would also be interesting. If that happened in Europe, it'd be an utter clusterfuck though.

chzr

Scholar
well played a bit, count me in as Belgium.

also, i hope we all can agree that pathetic netherlands and luxemburg were always meant to be part of glorious Belgium. :smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I PMed Heterostratus and it seems ge doesnt have Vic 2 thus isnt interested in playing and HOSTING our game. That means that we lack a dedicated host and players for UK, France and Prussia.

Who wants to host? Who wants to change his nation?

Erzherzog

Magister
Well you and I end up with one of those last 3 right? I'm comfortable with any of them but prefer UK and then France. UK is actually pretty easy to manage. I just had to do a chronological focus but even then, other nations will derail my plans but that's the nature of this game.

As for hosting... :(

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So who's going to host, and at what time (in GMT plz)? And we are going to use direct connect, right? I mean, we got told that Hamachi causes problems with Vicky 2.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Vaarna_Aarne said:
So who's going to host, and at what time (in GMT plz)? And we are going to use direct connect, right? I mean, we got told that Hamachi causes problems with Vicky 2.

I PMed Reject for test hosting we'll see how that goes.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Any luck?

Nope, my net just crawled to a halt today and we didnt even try. Loading a page took up to one minute for me so... Must be my provider.

Anyway Reject wrote me in a PM that he doesnt really have a very good connection so I doubt he would be able to host anyway. We need someone else with high UL and good DL.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
GarfunkeL said:
Stupid O2 and their 20gig/month limit :( Any idea how much data MP-games send? I'm not used to traffic limitations since they don't exist in Finland.

Not much at all. I would say, not more than 100mb for a 3-4 hour session.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom