Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who's interested in playing a game of Victoria 2 or EU3?

Erzherzog

Magister
If we manage to start a Vic2 game then my order of preference is France, Netherlands, and then Austria.

If we play EU3 my order of preference is Milan, Castille, Aragon

Looks like we're making progress on a Vic 2 game starting. A lot of people are waiting for a distant winds release for EU3, and I am too, kind of.

Pantufla

Novice
uhm i don't know when is this happening, but i rather play a victoria 2 game than eu3 (eu3 is really long)
when is this happening? this sunday?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You should say USA FSM, since you can switch to CSA in the Civil War event. Better arrange for a British intervention though.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It cant be helped then, if no one else wants it I'll take UK (never played it before), second choices are Prussia/France.

Also I think we should focus on Yurop. Playing as Japan or USA makes little sense since interaction between players would be limited...

Vaarna_Aarne

USA can be done fairly well. They are on the same tech level as Europe, and their opportunity to focus on the navy might be pivotal at some point. And of course, they have a border with the British.

Erzherzog

Magister
Well if we focus on Europe (house rule?) then a few heavy hitters a still out of it. Muty and FSM might have to repick but Japan and USA are nothing too ridiculous. In a player game I definitely think they'll get involved in Europe late game but the question is should we do that?

It looks as if Vaarna is guaranteed Austria, Chef_Hathaway gets Spain for sure. There's no way Britain goes without a live player but no one wants it, me and Malakal could flip a coin or some such to determine who plays as Britain or France.

Still leaves Prussia, Russia, The Ottomans, Italian nations, Sweden/Denmark, and Belgium/Netherlands left in Europe as reasonable nations to play.

Vaarna_Aarne

I think we should prioritize Russia, Prussia and the Ottomans first of all, since they have substantial areas and power potential.

Anyway, we should also start faction politics. As said, I have already proposed the Mitteleuropa Alliance as a force of stability in Europe and redistribution of colonial expansion.

Erzherzog

Magister
We still have a couple people that are in to pick a nation so no one go getting to comfortable in their picks though ;)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Glorious Empire of the Neversetting Sun, United Kingdom of England and other, less noteworthy territories, is interested in maintaining the status quo in Europe and seeks fair division of the rest of the world. To bring culture and progress to all those savages.

UK could consider supporting Prussia for German unification provided its interested in long term cooperation and partnership.

UK also seeks a strong continental ally willing to share the glory and goals of the Empire.

In the West the Empire observes closely the situation between Mexico and its rebellious colonies...

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Erzherzog said:
Man, if Mexico didn't get totally gimped in the last patch that would've been a fun one to include.

Its playable I suppose, not as strong as it used to be but a strong contester for Ottoman GP spot I think. and any competent UK player will side with Mexico versus the US of A. If someone is interested and we will have another player for US and major European powers then why not.

I haven't played the Ottoman's before, but I'll do it for the team. I'm a bit worried of a player UK player since they are really powerful to start out, but a grand alliance to crush the brits could be fun.

Vaarna_Aarne

Austria calls all Ancien Regimes and France to join in the Mitteleuropa Alliance for stability of Europe and revisioning of the old colonial claims.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So lets see:
Malakal - UK
Vaarne - Austria
Flying Spaghetti - OE
Reject - Russia
Chef - Spain
Muty - USA
Erzehog - France

That only leaves Prussia from the big boys and Heterostratus coudl play it if he is interested.

Is that correct? Did I miss anyone?

Vaarna_Aarne

Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
I haven't played the Ottoman's before, but I'll do it for the team. I'm a bit worried of a player UK player since they are really powerful to start out, but a grand alliance to crush the brits could be fun.
The achilles heel of the British Empire is that they are forced to master every technology (by my experiences, you can really cap out two to three completely each tech cycle, and one or two partially, but then again that's just Austrian talk)... Which is not possible. A coalition of specialized nations can fight them off succesfully, but decisive victory will be at sea. VICTORY AT SEA!

Erzherzog

Magister
Still though, every nation wishing to challenge Britain at the sea has issues. France needs to keep an edge on land to ward off Prussia/Austria.

Russia has a respectable navy at the start but then has severe industry and tech issues. Prussia and Austria have only clipper fleets.

I can see a rejuvenated Spain or America as having the best chance.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I just had a go at UK in single. Uh-oh, is this shit large or what. Someone wants to trade places?

Erzherzog

Magister
I'll try my hand at Britain in a SP round and if I can manage I'll trade France with you.

Britain is way way way more manageable this go 'round than it was in Vic1. In Vic1 it was...torture.

chzr

Scholar
i recently got vicky 2 but haven't really learned it yet... would you mind me joining with some minor country?

btw, hamachi would make things easier with it's built-in chat and possibility to idle there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom