Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who's interested in playing a game of Victoria 2 or EU3?

Erzherzog

Magister
Since those seem to be the two most on the 'Dex would play.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Victoria 2 preferably, but at first I'd like to get my 1.2 to work and see if it still needs the Rebel Fix.

Topher

Cipher
I'd probably be up for playing some EU3 because I'm still having problems with the Vicky 1.2 patch.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I could be interested in EU3 or MMU multiplayer game as my PC is unfortunately too old to properly run Vic 2. HTTT prefereably.

I'd be up for some MM ultimate some time, when I'm not busy. I managed to break my EU3 disk due to clumsiness, so i have a version not removed from an inventory at the moment. Hamachi should work for it.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Well we have 8 players so far. Now we just need to decide on a game. I'd rather play Victoria2, but I'll install EU3 if need be.

Vaarna_Aarne

You game for this little alliance of status quo in Europe I was drafting?

Austria, Russia and France, together 4eva neva apart.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, that depends on the Prussia's compliancy to stability in Europe, but I think it's safe to say we need a fairer distribution of colonies across the world :smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As I said I prefer EUIII and there I would like either France or Austria.

If we have to play Vic 2 and You are willing to let it play on lower speed settings to match my abysmal PC performance I could play Prussia or France or even UK if no one else is interested.

What speed does one play EU multiplayer on?

I'm pretty n00b at the game but multiplayer sounds fun.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
herostratus said:
What speed does one play EU multiplayer on?

I'm pretty n00b at the game but multiplayer sounds fun.

Slow speed, normal is... normal IIRC. Pausing is very limited on the other hand. One session of 3-4 hours gets You through 20-30 years on average. So it consumes a lot of time but is very rewarding if done properly.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I imagine you'd need a few minutes on pause to set things up, then you could go very quickly on speed 4 or 5 and each player can pause when needed. During wars, down to speed 2.

You also need lower speeds if the game runs slowly on some players' comps or if the host has a slow connection.

Erzherzog

Magister
Hmm, right now we've got 3 people willing to play either, 2 preferring Vic2 and 3 preferring EU3.

So by that count it's EU3 by a smidgen. All expansions released sound good? I'm not to sure I want to mess with MM but a few people in this topic mentioned it.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Erzherzog said:
Hmm, right now we've got 3 people willing to play either, 2 preferring Vic2 and 3 preferring EU3.

So by that count it's EU3 by a smidgen. All expansions released sound good? I'm not to sure I want to mess with MM but a few people in this topic mentioned it.

MM is great and a must-have if you want to avoid excessive map-painting.

Destroid said:
I imagine having 2 monitors is a blessing when playing games like this multiplayer.

Having a big one and playing the game in windowed mode is what I always do. Playing HoI3 in multiplayer when it first came out meant that the performance was shit for most people, so you had to play at speed 1 and 2. Playing as the Soviets from 1936 to 1939 at that speed takes ten hours of doing nothing after the initial 20-minute setting up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom