Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who's interested in playing a game of Victoria 2 or EU3?

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Four players is ok, but there are a shitload of countries in Europe, so a couple more would be welcomed.

JOIN VICTORIA 2 CODEX GAME NOW

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hamachi has never worked for me for some reason. But are you sure you can't play it online as usual? I don't see anything that might prevent that.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Well I tried my HoI3 account and password and I can't join the metaserver.

I have managed to play EU3 and HoI3 over Tunngle in the past, and Hamachi's basically the same thing, so it should work that way.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So no progress here? Seems we are too split over playing EU3/Vic2.

I propose we start with EU3 even if we only get about 6 people. With some house rules (like picking only nations in central Europe or something) it should be fun anyway. Just to get this going.

So this sunday, who is in?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Hey I'm up for a vicky 2 game too.

I can host it if needed, I'm hosting a game on the vicky 2 forums with 15 people in it and it seems to run fine. Be warned that using hamachi for vicky 2 is a really bad idea, it causes lots of out of symc issues with bigger countries. PMing the ip of the host would work fine.

I'm really not in the mood for more eu3 atm. Going to wait for the next expansion or even better the magna mundi game before getting in another mp.

Destroid

Arcane
15 people, that must be tough to get everyone together at the same time. Or do you have a rule where the AI plays if you miss a session?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Destroid said:
15 people, that must be tough to get everyone together at the same time. Or do you have a rule where the AI plays if you miss a session?

Rules of this kind are necessary. Its also considered bad manners to attack nations currently under AI control unless for valid reasons stemming from previous sessions. It is indeed impossible to always collect 15 or more people.

Muty that game seems really fun, who is playing who there? You have an AAR on the Paradox forums? How is it going? Tell us more.

Vaarna_Aarne

So who's who for Vicky?

Also, who will join the Mitteleuropa Alliance alongside the Kaiser of Austria? First to receive the invitation will be France (or Prussia) and Russia. We need some factions going on here, so the British crown will be having a serious challenge.

Will Britain end the American Revolution btw?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Malakal said:
Destroid said:

Rules of this kind are necessary. Its also considered bad manners to attack nations currently under AI control unless for valid reasons stemming from previous sessions. It is indeed impossible to always collect 15 or more people.

Muty that game seems really fun, who is playing who there? You have an AAR on the Paradox forums? How is it going? Tell us more.

You are quite correct about the rules, also if someone knows that they will be absent from a session, they will usually try to find a substitute player by asking around on the forum.

Getting 15 people to play together is tough yeah, but its tougher to keep all the crybabies from fucking up their country and ragequiting every time they get their ass kicked in a war. Last session we started out with 16 people, but 2 guys decided to leave because they had problems with their net.

The game name is Pax Britannica, we first started with 1.1, but we dropped that game and started a new one with 1.2 last Saturday. Currently there is a huge shit storm in Europe as the Prussians allied with the Russians and jumped on Austria to assert hegemony, France joined the war to help the Austrians and we finished the session in a stalemate. The war will continue next session. AAR thread coming later today after we sort out some arguments with the UK.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
We can't play anything until we settle on how we host/join and what mods to use and what checksum we need.

BTW, sorry Vaarna, I forgot to click post reply yesterday. You can see the version and checksum in the main menu in the lower-left corner.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Herostratus offered to host with his huge connection. So its time to act more... actively and gather our party before venturing forth.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
On a second thought, I may join an EU3 game with you for the lulz, but no mmp please, it is really buggy in MP when using the HTTT version(at least it was a few months ago when we tried it with a friend).

Vaarna_Aarne

Reject_666_6 said:
We can't play anything until we settle on how we host/join and what mods to use and what checksum we need.

BTW, sorry Vaarna, I forgot to click post reply yesterday. You can see the version and checksum in the main menu in the lower-left corner.
(TKUO) for me.

Vaarna_Aarne

So anyway, let's get down to politics. I believe that it is in the best interest of continental Europeans to establish stability and peace in the region, after which colonial privileges can be rearranged in just lines.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Well I've got dibs on Russia, so I suppose we could form a little entente.

PS - I've got the right TKUO too, so we should try hosting a short game and running it for a few minutes to test stability and everything.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've never played anything online apart from Half Life for 5 minutes back in 1998. I'd love to give this a go, but don't even know where to start. Biggest problem is opportunity for me. If it's meant to be on Sunday then maybe I can swing it, justify it to my wife that I'm doing historical research or something ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom