Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria II impressions.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Better yet use a mod. I doubt that 1.2 will fix all the promotion and economy problems.

Erzherzog

Magister
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Do I have to fight Erzherzog to the death over who gets Austria?

Probably. Austria has shit tech but the swarms of troops and factories...good luck taking that down. I might be satisfied with being relegated to the Dutcherlands.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Erzherzog said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Probably. Austria has shit tech but the swarms of troops and factories...good luck taking that down. I might be satisfied with being relegated to the Dutcherlands.
Do that and take Belgium back.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Erzherzog said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Rumor has it that Austria will be nerfed a lot in 1.2 :M

Vaarna_Aarne

Going to try it tomorrow or on Friday.

Also, calling Austria for the inevitable MP match, and I immediately propse a clique between France, Austria and Russia.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
- Assert Hegemony wargoal changed into removing the all nations within the same culture group from being either in the sphere or being vassals. It also sets the relation back to neutral.

This will make things in central Europe a bit more interesting.

Vaarna_Aarne

Alternatively an alliance between Prussia, Austria and France or Russia. The British colonial dominance must be stopped and new fairer maps sketched. PEACE IN OUR TIME (in Europe)

Erzherzog

Magister
I guess anyone that thinks they are the hot shit at Victoria should play as the UK, everyone will be gunning for you.

I'll let you play as Austria...they're my favorite but I guess it's not to be.

I'd really like to see if anyone will ever be able to form Italy/Germany/Scandinavia, considering that no other players want to see it.

If I play as the Dutcherlands...I support anti-British nations.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
I'll play as Prussia if no one else wants to, I'll be any country, though.

Edit: Nvm, I'm gonna be Greece and reestablish the Roman Empire.

Vaarna_Aarne

Erzherzog said:
I'd really like to see if anyone will ever be able to form Italy/Germany/Scandinavia, considering that no other players want to see it.
This is where extensive player-player politics come in.

As Austria, my personal interest is stability in Europe for economic growth, and I believe many others want to see a peaceful larger Europe and divide the rest of the world among compatriots. Whether my loyal allies are Germans, Russians, French or any other non-British European power, I guarantee utmost support to the best of my ability. But I would like to have the security of friendly dynasties to further propagate our power and clout with which to sway the political landscape.

It'd be really great if we got player control for all the Great Powers and then some.

I would like to be the CSA, if possible. It'll take some doing, but I'm pretty sure I can bring the stars and bars to glory. The only downside is I would be a bit out of the fun European politics...

Vaarna_Aarne

Hey, I'm pretty sure a lot of us would love to take a few pieces out of the American Pie.

Though I think it's only fair the CSA player also controls pre-ACW USA as well, since it's probably still a squash match otherwise.

Destroid

Arcane
Does it run smoothly in MP? Obviosly in HOI you need to be changing the game speed an awful lot to look after battles and the like, but can you keep things fairly consistant in Vic since it seems to be more about economics and policy management than conquest and warfare.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, and if our politics are interesting at all, wars that actually require effort (not just crushing brownies into submission) and have lasting consequences beyond colonial interests will probably involve everyone.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
If you guys need another player, I'd be willing to join. I don't have any Victoria experience, though, but I've played HoI2, HoI3 and EU3 to death over the years so I think I can get the hang of things.

Eh, me either, really. My Paradox experience as a whole began about two-three months ago, so I'm going to get run over.

Topher

Cipher
I'd play but I don't have Vicky 2. I suppose I could go download it but maybe not... now I wan't to play some EU3 MP.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Yes, and while they are balanced in tech, IC, and manpower, some countries, mostly fascist ones, have no chance of surviving past the first few years due to the placement of opposing countries around them.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Been playing more with 1.2 and it seems they've fixed quite a bit of stuff from my observations.

Laissez Faire isn't a death sentence to your economy anymore, as capitalists actually build profitable factories and factories, as a whole, make better profits now. They actually built several steel, cement, and armament factories before I even saw one paper mill or fertilizer factory go up.

Rebels don't seem to blow countries apart now and it seems they have more trouble organizing.

Austria doesn't seem as powerful in my game as Prussia. I beat them quite handily in a war of Hegemony and managed to liberate Venice and take Bohemia as well. Also, they are not nearly as powerful economically, as they only had an industrial score of 50 while Prussia, France and Russia were breaking into the 300's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom