Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News [Unconfirmed] The Elder Scrolls V in the Works

Achilles

Arcane
Well not only that. Boring quests with no alternative solutions ("I had no choice but to kill them"), copy-paste locations and dungeons, below-average writing and bad characters, bad engine with sever limitations (the army of Cyrodiil, comprising of a couple of soldiers, getting ready to face the onslaught of a daedric invasion - a couple of monsters) and a rather meh main quest.

deuxhero

Arcane
Well one good thing I've seen. Even a place as console idiot dominated as Kotaku has been begging for the use of a new engine (such as the Haze one) and wanting it to be more Morrowind than Oblivion. :incline: ?

Dantus12

Educated
deuxhero said:

Here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... -the-works
excerpt:

"This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles. "

DraQ

Arcane
Relay said:
Am I the only one who feels sad that the TES setting died with Morrowind ? Oblivion felt like a huge slap to the face to anyone who played and liked both Daggerfall and Morrowind.
Definitely not the only one and yes it did.
:salute:

Andyman Messiah said:
Morrowind was shit and Daggerfall was mediocre with only a few glimmering moments of awesome.
horse_cock.jpg

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Ausir said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
there's no hint it will be a MMO
TES Online is a separate project being made by ZeniMax Online Studios.
And no one will buy it because it being an MMO makes it unlikely to have proper modding support, and likely to be PC exclusive.

That's all people buy Bethesda games for nowadays anyway, right? Mods?

By the way, swords are blunt weapons in TES5.

orao

Novice
If it uses gamebryo it will most likely suck very hard.
Given that it's betesda, add -10 to any roll to decide the goodness of the game.
They say it's in the future, I've always wanted an rpg in a jacobean or post-elizebethan setting, past the medieval times in WHICH EVERY RPG EVER SEEMS TO BE SET but before major industrialisation (won't happen).
Anyway, let's predict what score IGN will give it... 10/10? :decline:

denizsi

Arcane
Bleh. TES series is like that girl you loved madly but then she got gang raped, became a junkie and now you only have the memories from before. Who gives a fuck?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
orao said:
Given that it's betesda, add -10 to any roll to decide the goodness of the game.
They say it's in the future, I've always wanted an rpg in a jacobean or post-elizebethan setting, past the medieval times in WHICH EVERY RPG EVER SEEMS TO BE SET but before major industrialisation (won't happen).
The only reason they're setting it in the "future" is so they can have an excuse to put in early guns and shit, so they can attract more of the Fallout 3 newcomers to it with more lore-rape.

.Sigurd

Educated
Dragon Lord? wtf!? I want cool names like Dagoth Ur, Hircine, Vivec, Mehrunes Dagon or Akatosh and not some shit coming straight from D&D.

AndhairaX said:
A huge open world rpg in the vein of Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind by the same people who made those games.

Hahaha no. Most of the guys who made the name of The Elder Scrolls got fired (or fired themselves) during the development or after of Morrowind thanks Todd and his friends.

And forget a huge open world. Better graphics = more time of development and more money invested on more employees.

DraQ

Arcane
.Sigurd said:
Dragon Lord? wtf!? I want cool names like Dagoth Ur, Hircine, Vivec, Mehrunes Dagon or Akatosh and not some shit coming straight from D&D.

AndhairaX said:
A huge open world rpg in the vein of Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind by the same people who made those games.

Hahaha no. Most of the guys who made the name of The Elder Scrolls got fired (or fired themselves) during the development or after of Morrowind thanks Todd and his friends.
Give me a time machine, a coathanger and the address of Todd's mom, and I'm fixing this issue.
:smug:

Ruprekt

Scholar
Assuming it's destined for the current gen consoles then... what's the point.

The current consoles are stretched to the limit trying to host an open world the size of oblivion/fallout 3/nv... so we aren't going to see any more there.

What's left except further dumbing down?

Another thing that is full of lulz is the number of pages, how many? 2 , 3 ? Definitely not more than 5. Their "design documents" are probably written with the fontsize 32 to make it look like they have given the whole thing deep thoughts. And in their game designer meetings they all ask themself the same question: "How can we dumb this game even further down?" and then Todd comes in the office with his alien glasses on and plays the alpha build on his 60 inch monitor.

.Sigurd

Educated
Even after Oblivion I still have some hope. You see, like I said before after Morrowind Bethesda become a shell without the talent who made Daggerfall and Morrowind inside. But if you analyse the development of Oblivion -> Fallout 3 you can see certain level of incline. It's like they are learning to make games again.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
orao said:

Venetica. :smug:

Dantus12

Educated
Oblivion was a graphical highlight on PC when it came up,gameplay was dumbed down,but consoles had completely different gameplay,even more dumbed down.
So it`s more catching the young casuals,the game had initially a T rating,than the inability of Gamebryo to look decent on PC,despite being ancient.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
.Sigurd said:
Even after Oblivion I still have some hope. You see, like I said before after Morrowind Bethesda become a shell without the talent who made Daggerfall and Morrowind inside. But if you analyse the development of Oblivion -> Fallout 3 you can see certain level of incline. It's like they are learning to make games again.
You count franchise rape as incline?

Because hyping up bloody mess being an explosion of body parts, the Fatman, other retarded shit and having immortal children, dumbfuck mutants and humans alike, lore rape, making the BoS moralfags, dumbass [Intelligence] checks, shitty imbalanced VATS and essentially making "Fallout 3" a sequel to Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel means incline, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom