Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News [Unconfirmed] The Elder Scrolls V in the Works

DraQ

Arcane
SirHouse4.jpg
How origional.

It would be kinda cool to play the game as a futuristic soldier, shooting and power-armoring your way through the furries. I'll search for a Halo mod later. I remember I once had a Morrowind mod that added a small crashed spaceship near the boring peaceful Hla Oad, but I never figured out who it belonged to (I think it was supposed to be a mystery for you to solve). There was a weird snake-woman walking around, but she was part of another quest/house mod from Emma, I think.

As someone once said, you gotta love how in those screenshots there's always an apathetic guard on the background, ignoring whatever kind of sin is going on.

Also, why the fuck is Sir House a Warrior and not a Healer

Dantus12

Educated
The really impressive thing about the game was the fact that it worked for me out of the box, without any problems.
That should be a bog-standard thing rather than something impressive, and, in any case, it's just blatantly false.

Here's why.

I was late to the party, patch was available.
The bog-standard somehow didn't work in FO3 to.
Example : Lots of people with sound problems when using Realtek Audio.
Lurking the Bethesda forums is not fun.

Morrowind had it's share of bugs, but I haven't seen any that would be this damaging.

The traumatic memories of Morrowind and the frequent sleeping for 3 days to reset the dead Cliff Racer`s, to actually continue playing the game without CTD probably added to that impression.
You can always remove bodies manually. While Morrowind is very crash-prone, it wasn't really much of a problem for me. Actually, I was pretty impressed when I played vanilla, when the game discovered it was about to crash, and automatically created separate save file before dumping me to desktop.

It was beyond repair for me, I gave up at 1.0 and never played the expansions.:(

I don't think it's hard to describe. The game just doesn't provide meaningful distinctions between characters in terms of what they can do. While the problem also existed in Morrowind, it was much less prevalent, as the only practical way to overcome class limitations was buying training, while in oblivious not only you couldn't fail, which meant extremely rapid and safer developement of misc skills, but you were encouraged to work around your class by aggresive level scaling. Plus, there were no stat requirements anywhere, while in Morrowind you had guild requirements, and even rare dialogue stat checks. Finally, Oblivion had serious viability problems for many builds thanks to complete uselessness of many skills combined with aggressive scaling. In Morrowind I could make a peaceful diplomatic character and have little problem playing the game, even though character interaction was less than rewarding. In oblivious it would be a suicide.

Finally, oblivion just raped the setting, magic system, material lore and had barely any content when compared to TES2 or 3.

If it was titled Arena 2 I would probably be more accepting, but as a proper TES game or an attempt at proper RPG it was just vile.

I'm not that eloquent Mam/ Sir.
:salute:

You don't need to dissect game to notice all that. It's just obvious when you're playing it, especially if the game is supposed to be an open world game, rather than a rail shooter which, as it was demonstrated in another thread, can have most of its gameplay replaced with a cutscene.
What I tried and failed to say is that I do notice that. It`s very obvious in all genres. Even the console crowd complains about the "dumbing" down of important game mechanics, at least some of them are aware of it.
The dissecting thing was about the fact that if I admit it I will stop playing the game.

-

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The Wizard said:
Clockwork Knight said:
It would be kinda cool to play the game as a futuristic soldier, shooting and power-armoring your way through the furries elves.
Kotn_Armor.jpg

?

Is that from a mod? First time i've seen an Oblivion character that didn't look retarded.

The Wizard

Educated
knights of the nine dlc.

it was pretty much the only thing bethesda released for oblivion that is not completely unsalvageable shit.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Michael needs to be dressed in Roman Catholic priest outfit with a bunch of 12-year-old Roman pikemen guarding him! 12 of them, I'd say...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom