Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradoxian Strategy Multiplayer - First Session

Should we start a new EU3 game and make a new thread?

• Yes, let's make a new game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, let's continue on this one.

• Let's continue on this one, but make a new topic anyway.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Game time in 1 hour.

Eh, that war where I lost all that territory? If I had waited one month to engage the large armies, I probably would have won. I had a 5 shock general with equal tech and more troops, but I didn't wait for my morale to fill all the way back up. I deserved to lose that war.

Still... I now have a good CB against Brabant, with no major alliances (I think they have Luxembourg or some shit) so next game I'l take it back, and hopefully form the Netherlands too (depending on how long we play). Still like 40 years away from getting the core I need.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My mini AAR: The Rise and Fall of the Polish-Lithuanian-Bohemian Commonwealth

This session began with me in a decent enough position with low stability and almost no money. Soon after that I was hit by my greatest enemy: overextension. This deadly modifier represents having way too many uncored lands compared to the total size of the nation. It gives +3RR, +50% stab cost and some other, minor, annoyances. For me it meant I would have to invest many years of income to get another stab point. Good thing I had that +1 stab huh?

But then came Muty and his brilliant idea/mission to conquer Hinterpommern. So he declared war on Brandenburg and with it on most of German minors. Oh joy. This declaration, in which he called me, costed me also 5 stab points (!!!) due to some reason, probably some peace treaty along the way. And thus I were, at war with HRE and at -3 stab. And at 10 war exhaustion from my previous affairs in the east. I was, of course, overjoyed. Soon enough our armies in the west were defeated by hordes of minors while my forces in the east drowned under rebels. I had no choice but to accept a humiliating peace with Brandenburg and to focus on internal affairs... That means whack-a-rebel for the next few years. Luckily I managed to core most of my Lithuanian lands and got rid of the overextension. For now.

When peace expired I redeclared war on the HRE with goals of vassalization of Bohemia and REVENGE. And I got both, partly due to Austrian support. In the end I won and got some gold and whole of Bohemia (some lands from Austria, some after diploannexation of my vassal Bohemia), also got two provinces from Brandenburg, that set my current western border.

In the east I waged a few completely pointless wars with the Golden Horde over weak and poor provinces nobody cares about at the expense of my troops, patience, and gold. I gained two eastern Crimean provinces but bordering lands with 1 (!!!) base tax stopped my appetite for expansion. Fuck hordes.

I also had a few interplayer wars this session. I fought with Novgorod over Swedish invasion of Denmark and with AI subbed Scotland over Scottish ambitions in Russia (wat? AI really is dumb).

And that would be all. Right now I am in a decent shape once again, but unfortunately STILL most of my income comes from taxation. I am also behind over 20 levels of tech since I can westernise now (if I got a decent monarch that is), probably my next biggest challenge.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mini AAR time. IF the 2 screen shots work then GREAT!.

It is time for the Aragon People to take it's rightful place as the Ruler of the Mediteranian.

qN4C1p.jpg

First the Sicilians had the smart idea to fund Rebels in my Italian holdings and even manged to convince the simple minded plebs to join them, but the retribution was swift and brutal. There land is now under my RULE!.
With Sicily gone and a foot hold gained in the south part of Italy (i got cores in Sicily though a mission YAY me) i now had the Beach Head i needed to take over the other parts of Italy.

I did not have the CB to get what i wanted, but a lucky wind fall of extra gold helped me get the infrastructure so i could wage this war ON the Papal State and Tuscany. IT was as if GOD wanted me to take Italy as so it would not fall into the hand of the Austrian Heretics.

AXGsHc.jpg

IN time i will move my Capital to Rome, but for now there are some lands left i need to take. It will have to wait until i have had time to reinforce my borders, my lands and to help my people.

The bounty of Italy will soon pay off.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Well the AI happened.

Both Algiers and Quan something something attack them supported by a MILLION Minor Muslim nations.

Just got Victoria II so if any one wants a game of that in the future possibly after the one you currently have in progress is finished I'm all for it. Just thought I would mention that most if not all the paradox games are 50% off at gamersgate for the next few days if any one else wants to grab a copy at a price I suppose is decent enough. :advertisement plant:

Brother France... how can you consider turning away from the one true religion? I know this may not mean much, but the Archbishop of Utrecht (soon to be Archbishop of the Netherlands) cannot ally with a heretic. That means my nice "Cleansing of Heresy" CB, as well as numerous HRE CBs would be lost to the mighty French empire.

Destroid

Arcane
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Agreed. I DO need to make up my mind, though. Lots of conversion in France. I don't know which side I am.

RELIGIOUS WARS: WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?
( ) I'm with The Pope
( ) I'm with Luther
( ) I'm with Calvin
( ) I'm with John Huss
( ) I'm with Muhammad

Go for the side that will make the game more interesting - if most of the powerful human players are staying catholic then go protestant, or if it's close go reformed even.

Austria and Sweden already went Protestant, and those are two big ones (especially since Sweden is close to forming Scandanavia).

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Austria and Sweden already went Protestant, and those are two big ones (especially since Sweden is close to forming Scandanavia).

Yes and on the other side you have: France, Scotland, Aragon, Potatoland, Hungary, Portugal and Utrecht. Very balanced indeed.
And btw I'm not close to forming Scandinavia at all. I need 30 years more to get a core on Denmark's capital and more than 50 for Norway's.

With that said we would like to encourage our frog eating brethren to convert to the one true faith. The boost in taxation and production would imensly help their failing economy.

Erzherzog

Magister
Certainly removes headaches for me.

First time I ever converted. I'm a fairly devout Catholic IRL so I'm a bit pained.

Destroid

Arcane
Erzherzog said:
First time I ever converted. I'm a fairly devout Catholic IRL so I'm a bit pained.

That's funny, I'm a leftard liberal irl but in games I enjoy playing exploitative industrialists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom