Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradoxian Strategy Multiplayer - First Session

Should we start a new EU3 game and make a new thread?

• Yes, let's make a new game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, let's continue on this one.

• Let's continue on this one, but make a new topic anyway.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I'm up for starting a new game, since I concede the match to Poland as well. Tomorrow at usual time is fine by me.

Erzherzog

Magister
You guys, the writing was clearly on the wall, y'all got nothing but yourselves to blame.

Congrats Malakal. Crafty player. Was my staunchest ally for a century. In truth the grand Polish-Austrian alliance had its sands running out as I was in negotiations for the dismantling, but there was timidity amongst the other participants. (Guys, you attack when your enemy is at his weakest and do not wait for your country to be at its strongest!)

Malakal seemed to have similar designs on me however. He did join in on the HRE gangrape of Austria.

Playing as an HRE member has taught me much. I can tell it taught Sulimo much also.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Looking back, this would't have happened if we didn't gangbang Bavaria. Sulimo could've kept him in check.

QFMFT. Germany always stood between potato and the civilized parts of Europe, and then you ruined my power base. Now Bavaria supports Potato's bid for world domination!

Also, I'm up for a new game as well, but wouldn't mind continuing this one. Not all is lost, but I can imagine some people have had enough with the situation in Europe and their countries in particular. It's up to you guys.

At least we now know the other players and the noobs will have managed to get some Codex-approved skill level. I'd guess a new game would be more enjoyable.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well given some 50 years i think i can outpace Poland.

But to do that i would have to cut a BIG FAT chunk out of Germany and subjugate Venice/Portugal.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, some mistakes have been made, people have learned their lessons, I think starting a new game could be a good idea. IF we agree that this time we are playing till the end - no sense in ending each game after 150 years when one player gains a small advantage. And we must set up some rules as to prevent butthurt.

Time for a new thread?

anus_pounder

Arcane
Potato kicking some ass and starting a new game. :salute: Malakal is here to negotiate the annexation of western europe and eat potato and hes all out of potato. :salute:

I'm up for a new game or continuing... I wouldn't mind starting a game from scratch (believe it or not, Utrecht would never be my first choice for a nation to play). I wouldn't be able to make 2100... it would be 2200... would that be okay? And if we are doing a new game, maybe we should discuss who gets what before the game starts.

Krash

Arcane
Man, reading about Codexia's conquests and setbacks is almost as fun as playing the game. I might just join the next game and show you how it's done. ;)

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am fine with playing this or any thing else i was having a bad session where every thing when wrong.

From the back stab by Venice, to losing 30000 soldiers to retarded pathing and Stab hit after stab hit in my Events.

Every thing went to shit, but don't worry i will make some 20 more ships and up my army to 60-70 thousand this session that should be enough to do what i need to.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Some simple rules that would, in my opinion, make this game more enjoyable (some similar to TBS ones):

General rules:
1. We play for fun not for victory - avoid being an asshole, dont ruin other players nations, dont cheat and exploit.
2. Post at least once every session in the game thread, to let us know if you are going to be there.
3. Player that is going to be absent and posted in the thread about it should not be attacked by other players during the first session he is absent, the second and further are fair game.
War and peace rules:
4. You cant refuse a stab hitting offer when at -3 stab.
5. You cant take or offer more than 100% score in peace UNLESS its gold that carries it over.
6. Stab hitting offers are acceptable but tricky offers are not.
7. If you cant reach the enemy and he cant reach you accept a white peace after the 5 year war time, this includes situations where blockading is the only war action taking place.
8. When negotiating for land take adjacent territories formed in a continuous way, neighbouring each other.
9. Dont annex other players unless it has been previously discussed and agreed on.
Other rules:
10. Dont bully players that have just started and are late in developing their nations.
11. Player is more or less bound by his agreements with other players - that includes alliances, guarantees and warnings. Dont enter an alliance you wont honour unless the other side is informed.
12. Always state a reason for the war with another player.

And finally BE ON TIME or write you are going to be late.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Malakal's rules seem pretty decent. I would like to add just one more.

A surrender is a surrender. If the losing party surrenders they are obliged to accept the peace offered to them. Not drag their feet and whine that's not fair.

On the alliance matters. I think that creating huge mega alliance blobs hurts the game a lot. I've seen a rule in multilayer games before stating that people should form alliances for the given occasion(war) and break them afterwards. I'm not sure if we needs to be official as it seems to be common sense for me and backstabbing your ex-allies is one of the best parts in game :).

I'm in for new game. Most of the European nations are completely wrecked, France has like 40 inflation :salute:

With that said, watch your inflation guys. Its going to rape you in the long run.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
The General rule is try to keep it below 10% every thing above that is more or less a Game killer in the long run.

So are you going to play today? I might show up, just had to buy the damn expansion because I couldn't update the pirate and I couldn't leave my Persia for the ravages of AI again.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, I think we were scheduled for today. You can hang out with us and see around 21 GMT.

Yeah, new games... and fuck friendly alliances, that's the nature of the game, in my opinion. Just don't be surprised when it bites you in the ass later on.

The other thing is peace... I disagree with Muty, peace is a complicated thing, and should require negotiation. There's a certain point where one side can walk away from the table and continue hostilities (such as France still being somewhat of a power).

Anyway, like I said, 2200 GMT will be when I can show up. I'd like to call England if we're starting a new game, but if someone that is there on time wants it (or Scotland), I guess I can't do anything but whine. If you wouldn't mind rehosting at that point, that'd be great.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
The other thing is peace... I disagree with Muty, peace is a complicated thing, and should require negotiation. There's a certain point where one side can walk away from the table and continue hostilities (such as France still being somewhat of a power).

Peace is, surrender is not. You either surrender or you don't and then you negotiate. What I meant is that if the defeated party surrenders, the winners have to send out a peace deal, not continue occupying provinces and etc.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys I'm here but my hamachi is being buggy annoying piece of shit. Tell me when you start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom