Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradoxian Strategy Multiplayer - First Session

Should we start a new EU3 game and make a new thread?

• Yes, let's make a new game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, let's continue on this one.

• Let's continue on this one, but make a new topic anyway.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We are playing Sunday because Muty and a few others did not have time until then. I tried to get it to be saturday, but people did not have time.

I don't know what happened to France, but they seem to be doing there own thing.

Now Austria got more or less RUN OVER by some 6 Different AI nations right at the end of the game so all of a sudden he is not as strong.
That is about it.

France has been quiet. Had to break our alliance because of a dumb AI war against someone I had a truce with (which ended shortly after in a white peace, of course). I didn't notice any expansion (including Brittany), so I'd say status quo was maintained, although I'm sure your inflation went even higher.

Edit: and still Catholic

DoubleEdit: Hey, I may have trouble making it to the Sunday game, but it will be a null issue if I can play on my university network. To find out, I would like to perform an experiment tonight shortly after midnight EST and see if I can connect to an online game. Anyone volunteer to help me try tonight?

AND IF YOU WEREN'T THERE LAST TIME, UPDATE TO THE OFFICIAL 5.1 PATCH, NOT THE BETA PATCH. THE CHECKSUM WILL BE BJLT.

You know, upon further examination... It's not like Poland is running away with this. They're still strong, but they're Eastern tech group still, and they don't have as huge of an army as I expected (shitton of manpower though).

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Same thing, westernisation moves you up a tech group, in my case Eastern -> Western. The latest stats say I'm Western tech group, so that's proof.

Ah, I thought there was an extra decision to modernize your military (complete with shitty stab hits and other negative modifiers). Maybe that's just when jumping multiple tech groups, though.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Ah, I thought there was an extra decision to modernize your military (complete with shitty stab hits and other negative modifiers). Maybe that's just when jumping multiple tech groups, though.

Well there's that too, but I don't see what it has to do with your correction above. I was just saying I was Western tech group now, I didn't even mention the military.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My mini AAR: The Rising Glory

This session was short but very eventful, culminating in the biggest war we ever had.

It all started when the Eastern Alliance composed of Poland, Hungary and Venice decided to dismantle the structures of the HRE. As those kinds of wars go it was a long battle against many minors, but we came close with only 2 electors remaining independent. And then it all began.

Using a casus belli for Livland Sweden and Utrecht declared war on Poland. They soon have been joined by France and Aragon, forming the Grand Alliance (together with many minor AI nations). Hungary immediately peaced out of war, not providing any assistance to its ally in need. Fortunately Venice remained steadfast, and Venetian soldiers too had the opportunity to bask in the glory of this victory.

The Grand Alliance started with initiative and its great armies moved into Northern Germany, quickly covering territories up to Brandenburg. Polish troops seemingly couldn't stop them and even one Polish army of 14 000 was completely annihilated. Things started to look bleak, but then reinforcements withdrawn from the HRE started pouring in.

Polish armies single-handedly stopped the advance of Swedish-Utrechtian-French coalition, despite being outnumbered and outgunned. With a quick counter offensive all those armies were killed in battle, Pommerania and Jutland occupied, Sweden and Utrecht effectively neutered.

But then the southern flank opened and required Polish assistance. Venetian troops got swamped by French and Aragonese hordes and beat back into Veneto. I dispatched one army, then aided by another, quickly occupied allied Acquilea and proceeded to destroy French armies, I finally did it after a long chase up to the French border.

War quieted a little with both sides quite exhausted, my manpower dropped down to 30 000 and money reserves were strained. War exhaustion also was growing and dangerous, I completely abandoned any thoughts of further offensive and patiently waited.

There came the second wave of the Grand Alliance attacks. Both in the northern Germany and in the northern Italy, newly rebuilt armies moved in to defeat me. Alas it was not to be. In a few decisive battles I obliterated once again all of the northern armies, my counter attack this time occupied Utrecht knocking it out of war. In the south the Grand Alliance merely suffered a big defeat in a battle of over 50 000 versus 50 000, with 100 000 on both sides, a battle not seen before. This is where the Grand Alliance asked for peace.

I didnt wish to antagonize them any further so my terms have been extremely lenient (compared to what both Sulimo and Erz had to suffer). I got three provinces, Venice was cemented as a ruler of northern Italy, reparations were promised (but not paid as of yet). The war ended.

A glorious victory for me and Venice, defeating stronger, richer and more numerous enemies.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Muty could you upload here our last autosave? I think we can get out of this HRE mess (we cant dismantle it despite occupying every elector and the Emperor) by reverting back to it - it was when I controlled all the capitals but Baden, and Baden was Bavarian vassal.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dose it matter at this point you won.

Bad luck followed me through that entire fight and with Italy still not cored i can't make any army's or do any thing because of how the map is.

Plus with your power gaming the game is more or less over your TECH advantage is going to be to high.

I am the closest one at this point in time and I can't do any thing because of your Manufacturing.

Portugal is to far away.
France economy and stability is in ruins.
Sweden is to weak over all for a prolonged fight
Utrech is to small.
Hungary has nothing

And with Venice Natural advantages (fuckign terrian.)
Nothing i can do matters any more so i SAY GG and let's do something else.

You where allowed to Stay alone and do nothing.
It is over.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Power gaming? Please, I am playing Poland, thats hardly power gaming. Besides the game is far from over, we have a few centuries left, western tech gives you a great advantage, my stability is in ruins too, got rebels all over the place.

And what manufacturing if I may ask? You have more manus than I do.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Malakal said:
Power gaming? Please, I am playing Poland, thats hardly power gaming. Besides the game is far from over, we have a few centuries left, western tech gives you a great advantage, my stability is in ruins too, got rebels all over the place.

And what manufacturing if I may ask? You have more manus than I do.

No you have 6 Manufactures and 3 Weapons makers.
I have 3 that i did not make.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
And venice forced me into a war that cost me a STAB hit of 3 so my Economy was in shatters at the start of the war.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If we are listing things in defence of our poor results then I would like to point out that I already had high war exhaustion at the start of the war, my mp pool was far from full, my armies were in southern Germany trying to dissolve the HRE, I started at -2 stab, and you got a sneak attack opportunity since i didnt see this coming.

Because, quite frankly, I dont see why you are so bothered by Poland. Yes, I am the second biggest military power (after France) and have a quite high tax income (no trade tho) but I am definitely not threatening to anyone, dont mess with other players and am quite content with dissolving the HRE and getting northern Germany.

Of course it was a nice war and a nice sign of things to come, with fun engagements and battles, but seriously, I'm POLAND. One of the weakest medium powers in game!

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Maybe i am over reacting after all the biggest reason i lost was because of retarded path finding.

This was not my War and with the lack of cores i am still to weak to fight proper at this point.
Dont you worry i will get my pound of flesh.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So when are we playing again?

I propose tomorrow at 21 GMT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom