Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Occupy RPG Codex

Coyote

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
Coyote said:
Seriously, though, can someone explain the bro-list meme to me? I don't get why people keep pretending to doubt its existence when you can plainly see the icon at the bottom of every post. At first I thought it was a joke at the expense of the "I can't find Caius Cosades" types, but it keeps popping up in unrelated contexts. Is it something like the report function, where you can only use it if you've been around for a certain amount of time? Or did I just miss a thread where someone couldn't find it, hilarity ensued, and it turned into a meme like the tolling of a great bell beneath your fists?
I don't see it.

Yeah, I realized after posting that that it can't be based (solely) on join date or post count, since some of the people who claim not to see it registered before me and/or have more posts. Assuming they're not trolling - and I realize that's probably not a safe assumption around here - the only other thing I can think of is that it might have to do with the percentage of posts in GD, since most/all of the people I've seen saying that (you, Crispy, commie, Liberal in a previous thread, etc.) are at least somewhat prominent GD posters, with 30+ percent of their posts in GD. But that's a pretty small sample, so it's hard to say for sure.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Dicksmoker said:
Coyote said:
Seriously, though, can someone explain the bro-list meme to me? I don't get why people keep pretending to doubt its existence when you can plainly see the icon at the bottom of every post. At first I thought it was a joke at the expense of the "I can't find Caius Cosades" types, but it keeps popping up in unrelated contexts. Is it something like the report function, where you can only use it if you've been around for a certain amount of time? Or did I just miss a thread where someone couldn't find it, hilarity ensued, and it turned into a meme like the tolling of a great bell beneath your fists?
I don't see it.
2ppynnb.png

If you don't have it there it means you don't have access to the BRO List.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I perpetuated the BRO list Myth/Fact to try and troll Liberal off the forums (and It ALMOST worked):

Fuck you, and fuck your autistic hobbies. Fuck your creepy personal inquiries, fuck your laughable pretence of elitism, fuck your homosexual cicle-jerk gratifications, fuck your racism. Fuck the fact you keep calling me "Liberal" months if not years after I admitted the name was deliberately inaccurate, and switched for something else. Fuck your senile histrionics, like starting out with "Hey, wanna be buddies, I find you pretty intelligent and interesting" and abruptly going from that to "Ban Glyphwright, he's worse than Andhaira, I've hated him since the moment I was born". Fuck your incongruous inability to differentiate between mock-fights and personal insults. Fuck your infantile manner of taking a random misspelled word and laughing over it for ten hours. Fuck you for assuming that, for some reason, any one of you is anywhere above the alternatively developed level of intelligence. Fuck you for driving all the actually colourful and unusual personalities out of the Codex, and keeping the bland shitty sycophants who wouldn't know originality if it bit them on their balls. Fuck your spontaneous bursts of empathy, where a nickname I never before saw in my life on here, and couldn't give two shits about, suddenly starts pming me condolence/friendship letters, trying to oblige me to respond. Fuck your shitty dumbfuck admin who has no idea how to manage and develop a forum (a routine search engine update causes irreconcilable bugs that hang it indefinitely, don't get me started on the eye-sore background/design, the same colour as dried up shit, illogical and unstructured placements of subsections, a pathetic clusterfuck in the avatar section, poorly planned-out control panel/buttons, and wasteful allocation of moderator resources). Fuck the borderline-illiterate shitsucking Trash admin, who graces the forum with his royal majesty in every sacred post he leaves, yet is able neither to reason, nor to joke in a way that doesn't give you chronic cringe. Fuck your infatuation with primitive screaming monkeys like Cleve, Andhaira and CF, entertaining the dimwit "public" by throwing variously coloured pieces of shit. Fuck your sheep-like taste in games, movies and music (If an ancient piece of shit that fals apart as you watch/play/listen to it, makes zero sense, and is simply vulgar and tasteless, it must be the greatest thing ever release, please think I'm smart too please).

I've had the "report post"button inexplicably turned off for me alone, I've had a thread asking the admins to ban me for daring to post here, and now it turns out there's another new function which, by the way, is useless, that I am for no good reason kept away from, with no indication of error or apology. I spit in the face of the incompetent admin who decided to turn it on for everyone except for me, I spit on the more than slightly mentally ill cast of moderators, and I couldn't care less about the sheeple which jerk each other off on these atrocious pages. And fuck me If I post so much as a single letter here after this post again.

FUCK YOU. And let me be unyieldingly clear about this: fuck you Cloaked Figure, fuck you DragoFireheart, fuck you Trash, fuck you DarkUnderlord, fuck you Jaesun, fuck you DraQ, fuck you Kzero, and fuck you Sceptic. I seriously and sincerely consider you to be horrible people and examples of what children should never grow into. Fuck you all.

P.S. No, I don't give a shit about the actual buttons, they are uninteresting and functionally useless, it's the sheer notion of having to suck up hard enough to the admin in order to get them is what angers me.

Sadly he did not leave and well, more shit posts from Liberal. :/

I think the link were I trolled him is in the great codex drama list.

Apparently the Myth/Truth of a Bro list can also piss of Dicksmoker.

Updated my Dicksmoker.txt

You have removed Dicksmoker from your BRO list.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So I was on at least one person's BRO list. That ends the theory that you have to just be BRO'd by someone in order to have access. I was just assuming that no one liked me. Unless Jaesun was lying and never had me on his BRO list.

Alright, someone said you have to roll a 21 and then play the adventure game in order to have access. I did that a while ago (and I just did it now) but I had already beaten the game and so I just kept randomly getting Kodex Kool Kreds. I got tired of that and having no access to BRO I re-rolled to get rid of it. Maybe it is like coyote said and it's related to percentage of posts in GD or something.

ortucis

Prophet
Dicksmoker said:
So I was on at least one person's BRO list. That ends the theory that you have to just be BRO'd by someone in order to have access. I was just assuming that no one liked me. Unless Jaesun was lying and never had me on his BRO list.

Alright, someone said you have to roll a 21 and then play the adventure game in order to have access. I did that a while ago (and I just did it now) but I had already beaten the game and so I just kept randomly getting Kodex Kool Kreds. I got tired of that and having no access to BRO I re-rolled to get rid of it. Maybe it is like coyote said and it's related to percentage of posts in GD or something.

It's just random. All forums unlock for you randomly one day and disappear the other..

zIbF1.jpg

:M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jack said:
Dicksmoker said:
Coyote said:
I don't see it.
2ppynnb.png

If you don't have it there it means you don't have access to the BRO List.

Shit. Now I don't know what to think. On the one hand it's ridiculous enough that it could actually be true but then Jaesun now mentions that it's just a troll. UNLESS that's what he wants people to think! Hmm a conundrum more perplexing than a Dragon Age plothole.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I said it was a troll? Read what I said again hon.

You have removed commie from your BRO list.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jaesun is not a troll. He's clearly a snake. Cobra to be specific.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Wow, I clicked on a DroopFireFart post and it was actually funny...
Dicksmoker wondering how he could end up on a fag's bro-list...
Old stories of a Liberal meltdown...
This thread delivers.
:thumbsup:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
commie said:
So you'd better put me back onto your BRO list since it clearly says that you perpetuated this thing as a means to troll.

Your new "persona" is fucking gay and lame and boring.

When the old commie I used to like and admire comes back, I'll put him back on my BRO list.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
DragoFireheart said:
And Jaesun ruins the smoke and mirrors.

:(

From the Illuminati handbook 'Hidden agendas and you':

First step in order to cover up a conspiracy: deny that it exists to begin with.
When in doubt, stultify.

You have to keep on digging guys! Stick it to the man. Prove them that you were right all along and have the last laugh. Help uncover one of the most shameful secrets in Codex history for all the world to see.
At first newfags from all over the globe may laugh at you, but in the end they will celebrate your victory over the oppressive regime. Generations to come will sing songs about your epic struggle and your fight for the right cause. But only if you keep faith. Believe the hype.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is like a social experiment. It's fascinating how far some people will go to gain access to a feature that really doesn't do anything.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:
Sadly he did not leave and well, more shit posts from Liberal. :/
Credit where credit's due please :smug:

(actually the real reason he came back was that RPGWatch mocked him for complaining about Codex on their forum)

commie said:
I like Dragon Age!
Stop being a faggot and go back to MM1 :rpgcodex:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Xor said:
This is like a social experiment. It's fascinating how far some people will go to gain access to a feature that really doesn't do anything.

People want to feel important. People want to be recognized. People want to feel needed. It's a basic human instinct to want to be part of the most perceived group of importance.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
All this talk about the BRO list. I don't care about the BRO list, even if it were real (which it's not, even though that was an excellent 'Shoop)

No, I'm talking about bigger things here, people. There are secrets being harbored that DU and Co. will NOT reveal unless we rise up as one and DEMAND that he lower the veil. These are ancient secrets, full of hidden knowledge such as whether St. Proverbius really did die, who Andhaira actually is, etc. These are contained within hidden 'vaults' that are kept under strict lock and key and that only a VERY SELECT FEW have access to. These people are essentually the Illuminati of the Codex. I'm tellng you, the truth is out there!

Open your eyes. Think larger. We can and should have access to all things in the Codex, for we ARE the Codex. Without us, each and every one of us, the concept of the Codex is meaningless.

The hivemind demands access! Discordance is unacceptable! FREEDOM!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
BTW, I'm thinking about producing an infomercial about this. I think I'll call it "Lose Your Chains". Anyone that wants to contribute financially PM me your PayPal info.

Oh and some of you still owe me for eDiagnosis fees.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Crispy said:
All this talk about the BRO list. I don't care about the BRO list, even if it were real (which it's not, even though that was an excellent 'Shoop)

Nope. The first image was quite correct. The second one was an obvious photoshop.

Sceptic said:
Credit where credit's due please :smug:

(actually the real reason he came back was that RPGWatch mocked him for complaining about Codex on their forum)

Indeed.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dicksmoker said:
Those descriptions fit in too well with DU's unique sense of humor to be anything but authentic.

The crispy forum isn't even in the same font.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom