Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

nothing

Nelka

Educated
just posting some turtle pictures for fun

3386298772_d63220293a_b.jpg

cantor1.jpg

reptile_alligator-snapping-turtle_600x300.ashx

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The thing is, I don't actually like chat rooms or really want to go to a place and chat with people. I don't want any internet friend or really even to establish any kind of casual relationship with other people online.

The shoutbox was a nice convenient place I could kind of think out loud in and get immediate feedback on those thoughts. Sort of like posting in the forum, but with more immediate feedback. Also it was a place to pass time in if I was bored and didn't feel like doing something that required more effort.

Discord and other shit like that doesn't provide that.
Sounds like what I used it for too, since I rarely use Discord or IRC, but the kind of drama it was birthing reminds me of the stuff that's taken other sites down.

When you have some guy or guys buddying up to mods and targeting other users to report and ban, it's a really bad precedent. The weird way DU and co defended it all was especially disturbing. That sort of person usually becomes a mod eventually (as Theo did, of Shoutbox) and then they create even more problems. Eventually, they invite their friends and they bring their friends and they all behave the same way until the site is completely transformed.

So, yeah, the way things were going, I would rather just go to the Codex Discord and drop my thoughts in there if I have to.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Set it up so shoutbox works only for 5 minutes a day at a random time, then it becomes read only for all to see but not able to respond.

Trust me, results will be worth it.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
went to kfc yesterday for the first time in probably five years or something. eaten just two pieces of chicken the smallest item on the menu they had since i was feeling a bit peckish while running errands. now my tummy hurts.
why is this racket allowed to continue in the european union? even sketchy vietnamese bars don't do me like that

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
went to kfc yesterday for the first time in probably five years or something. eaten just two pieces of chicken the smallest item on the menu they had since i was feeling a bit peckish while running errands. now my tummy hurts.
why is this racket allowed to continue in the european union? even sketchy vietnamese bars don't do me like that

You wanna go to one of those shifty street-side fried chicken shops, they'll give you 5x the portions and it'll probably taste better.

Disclaimer: might contain traces of human meat.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

You wanna go to one of those shifty street-side fried chicken shops, they'll give you 5x the portions and it'll probably taste better.

they used to exist when i was a child, then foreign companies stepped in and undercut them. curse you, westerners.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

they used to exist when i was a child, then foreign companies stepped in and undercut them. curse you, westerners.

Still have a lot of those in the UK, mostly run by turks and arabs.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Still have a lot of those in the UK, mostly run by turks and arabs.
bully for you then

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Should posting someone's bank account information and social security number be considered 'doxxing'? Rusty reached out to me via pm and wanted to know. He's still not quite sure what can be considered 'doxxing'.
No. It should public information for the good of the people.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I
Offsite rooms and Discords can just ban the affected users without involving Codex mods themselves. The problem with Shoutbox is that it's all here, and therefore anything that happens on it is an issue for Codex moderators and admins. That's how people get banned.
That's what makes it an authentic Codex experience. Splinter groups are boring.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Should posting someone's bank account information and social security number be considered 'doxxing'? Rusty reached out to me via pm and wanted to know. He's still not quite sure what can be considered 'doxxing'.

Can you please not try to derail this thread like that. You should start a new thread if you want to talk about Rusty and his forum. Thank you.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's actually a lot worse in America.

European versions of Burger King, McDonald's, KFC and Pizza Hut are easily 3x as good as their American counterparts in everything from food to dining experience.

I've never gotten food poisoning at one over there. Maybe it's luck of the draw. But it's still fast food, so buyer beware.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom