Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

nothing

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's never too late for post-natal abortion.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's intelligence since TacSimp was talking to me directly. He then continues on with the conversation. It doesn't take a Mensa member to figure out that he's actually talking to me. But do go on you diseased ridden whore and tell us who has intelligence when you can't even type English correctly with a browser that has built in spellcheck.
What buck breaking does to a boy...
:troll:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I am against forced thread apartheid, let the conversations flow naturally even if gets chaotic and results in waves of repetitive comments whenever a game/dev commits a sin.

At least 25% of my posts is me reacting negatively upon finding out something i don't like in a game i was following, a good % of those will be considered political by some even if wasn't actually my intention because such is the state of modern gaming where a lot of dumb decisions are partially or entirely caused by the great decline.

So autists like me who are just frothing at the mouth to vent their visceral reaction will post in the main thread without putting much thought if our vitriol trips upon a social justicey political landmine, and i guarantee i won't be the only one being careless.
Thus trying to enforce this segregation will be a logistical burden and there will be friendly fire incidents where a tired (or malicious!) mod just moves things according to how they view a statement as being political or not which might be disagreed with by others, thus causing more drama/butthurt if people feel they are being led away to a smaller or inactive thread unjustly.

Also against wokeness ratings. If you really must, a sticky that gets updated with a game/dev's crimes against gamer kind could work i guess but i don't feel it is needed.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I am against forced thread apartheid, let the conversations flow naturally even if gets chaotic and results in waves of repetitive comments whenever a game/dev commits a sin.

At least 25% of my posts is me reacting negatively upon finding out something i don't like in a game i was following, a good % of those will be considered political by some even if wasn't actually my intention because such is the state of modern gaming where a lot of dumb decisions are partially or entirely caused by the great decline.

So autists like me who are just frothing at the mouth to vent their visceral reaction will post in the main thread without putting much thought if our vitriol trips upon a social justicey political landmine, and i guarantee i won't be the only one being careless.
Thus trying to enforce this segregation will be a logistical burden and there will be friendly fire incidents where a tired (or malicious!) mod just moves things according to how they view a statement as being political or not which might be disagreed with by others, thus causing more drama/butthurt if people feel they are being led away to a smaller or inactive thread unjustly.

Also against wokeness ratings. If you really must, a sticky that gets updated with a game/dev's crimes against gamer kind could work i guess but i don't feel it is needed.
There is already friendly fire. There is in the codex who is actually interested in talk about games and more often when the politiscreeching takes over people flood the threads repeating the same things over and over again.

Also some of those do that in purpose is like a crusade for them. As result the people that were actually discuss about the game get silenced and the thread goes off the trails.

I think keep things separated is a necessary evil at this point.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

There is already friendly fire. There is in the codex who is actually interested in talk about games and more often when the politiscreeching takes over people flood the threads repeating the same things over and over again.

Also some of those do that in purpose is like a crusade for them. As result the people that were actually discuss about the game get silenced and the thread goes off the trails.

If you wouldn't defend gay bear sex, it would stop after the first few complaints.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

If you wouldn't defend gay bear sex, it would stop after the first few complaints.
Is not my fault if you react outraged by comedy.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Is not my fault if you react outraged by comedy.
See, you can't resist, yet other people are the problem? You just want to talk about gameplay? Bullshit. It's a culture war and you want to silence the other side or have their posts moved to gaming drama where only long time members can see it. Simple as.
Darling. When you said how you think is ok one gets it. If you repeat it iver and over and over again post after post is not.

We get it you disliked that funny scene.
*Outrage continues*
Ok we get it you dislike it.
*Screeches continues*
Ok we get it you dislike the game why you even keep posting?
*Screeches continues and so on so forth*

See what is the problem here? People went there on the thread to have a discussion but instead people did Virtue signaling.

And sorry who is interested in the game doesnt care about your believe your morality your politic inclination etc etc.

I mean the codex hates sjws and woke people for the same reason so why doing the same things they do to start with?

Come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
The result isn't organic or natural or whatever though, it's certain people trying to make the topic of the thread specifically about whatever they perceive to be the 'crimes' of the developer, and it makes it near impossible to actually talk about the game, to the point that people feel the need to start whole new threads simply to be able to discuss the actual game and not whatever the outrage of the week is.

Game threads being warped like this is also liable to push away people that actually want to talk about games, and therefore bad for the long term health of the site unless one wants it to become a specific flavour of echochamber.

(Also, assuming this isn't the SF thread you meant to post this in.)

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Is not my fault
It is not my fault

When you said how you think is ok one gets it.
When you said that you think it is ok, people get it.

If you repeat it iver and over and over again post after post is not.
If you repeat it over and over and over again, post after post, it is not okay.

And sorry who is interested in the game doesnt care about your believe your morality your politic inclination etc etc.
And sorry, those who are interested in the game don't care about your beliefs, your morality, your political inclination, etc. etc.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Is not my fault
It is not my fault

When you said how you think is ok one gets it.
When you said that you think it is ok, people get it.

If you repeat it iver and over and over again post after post is not.
If you repeat it over and over and over again, post after post, it is not okay.

And sorry, those who are interested in the game don't care about your beliefs, your morality, your political inclination, etc. etc.

Screenshot_2023-07-24_144120.png

You clearly have not an agenda clown.

How many posts you have in the gaming thread? :D

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
What does this have to do with your inability to write coherent sentences?

"Is not my fault one does not understand me gibberish"?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

What does this have to do with your inability to write coherent sentences?

"Is not my fault one does not understand me gibberish"?
Oh is alright! I can write in different languages. Beside come back to me when you will have at least 100 posts in the gaming threads.
The site is called RPGCODEX you know?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I can write in different languaged.
Many people here can write in different "languaged". Yet somehow almost everyone manages to write coherent sentences.

Beside come back to me when you will have at least 100 posts in the gaming threads.
Still butthurt that I pointed out that Site Feedback is your most active place on the forum?

Oh I see, you hid your profile now, so nobody can check your stats anymore?:lol:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I can write in different languaged.
Many people here can write in different "languaged". Yet somehow almost everyone manages to write coherent sentences.

Beside come back to me when you will have at least 100 posts in the gaming threads.
Still butthurt that I pointed out that Site Feedback is your most active place on the forum?

Oh I see, you hid your profile now, so nobody can check your stats anymore?:lol:
Is rather simple i am not the one that wants "Visibility" because screeching in gaming drama is not enough. Also whatever you may say is useless you are not a poster worth of attention to me. I post about games in a gaming site you on the other hand... And with that our conversation is closed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom