Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NMAers think Fallout 3 could be a good game.

Helton

Arcane
I don't think it will be a good game in any regard. Just to make it clear we have not all fallen from grace.

kris

Arcane
My impressions have been that the game is entirerly about blowing stuff up... and shooting at stuff so it blows up.

MetalCraze

Arcane
No it can't be a fun game.
Dialogues suck, mini-games suck and combat sucks.
Blowing stuff up? Huh? The combat is boring and slow - and your enemies just stand in one place, waiting for you to blow them with fatman - that's some fun combat there.
The game also entirely lacks atmosphere. Everything is grey, sand shines, the sky is just grey+yellow without clouds, a street that consists of 3 copy-pasta houses in the middle of the desert - and I even didn't start counting the retarded stuff with teddy-bear guns, healing toilets and anti-nuclear phone booths.

I totally fail to see how this can be a good game. Besides we already have Postal series for this shit.

Micmu

Magister
*choo* *choo* here comes the railgun!

Yeah, I think it COULD be a good shooter with quests.

Mareus

Magister
There is already too much stupidity involved in FO3 so I completely understand people who spit shit on it, however it is too early to say how the game will turn out. Some things look awful when you watch them, but when you play them they turn out to be fun. I am not saying FO3 will be such a game, but I will restrain myself from insulting a game I have not yet played.

On the other hand let us just remind ourselves what we already know about FO3:
1. Shooting teddy bears from rocket launcher and other retarded weapons like choo choo gun :facepalm:
2. Teddy bear in the chest can make your head, legs and hands fall off :facepalm:
3. Retarded gore which becomes even more retarded if you use bloody mess :facepalm:
4. Exploding car wrecks :facepalm:
5. Screwing up the lore :facepalm:
6. Retarded combat and VATS :facepalm:
7. The ability to make new weapons from completely noncompatible junk :facepalm:
8. FATMAN :facepalm:
9. A city built around atomic bomb :facepalm:
10. Easy quest solving, hand guiding, red doors which let you know your karma will drop if you open them :facepalm:
11. Merging of perks and traits :facepalm:
12. Retarded leveling up sound when you level up :facepalm:
13. Getting a perk every level :facepalm:
14. SUPER DUPER UBER BEHEMOT ORC MUTANT :facepalm:
15. Making orcs out of super mutants :facepalm:
16. Making zombies out of ghouls
17. Retarded humor :facepalm:
18. Dialog options like:
Your father is dead, Malcolm.
Malcolm, your dad is dead.
Your father is ant food, Malcolm. :facepalm:
19. MOAR MUDCRABS LOL :facepalm:
20. Bad writing :facepalm:
21. Removal of the ability to aim in hand to hand and melee combat :facepalm:
22. Radioactive water that heals :facepalm:
23. Making a bad shooter out of TB game :facepalm:
24. Retarded slowmotion VATS camera :facepalm:
25. Removal of some very important skills :facepalm:
26. Now you can heal everything with stimpacks :facepalm:
27. There won't be any mod tool in the (at least not in the beginning) :facepalm:
28. Afro-American? :facepalm:
29. Retarded AI :facepalm:
30. Vault that no one ever enters and no one ever leaves? :facepalm:

And bunch of other stuff I have no time mentioning. So, based on what we already know, and considering Bethseda probably scripted some of the things for the sake of presentation like last time with Oblivion, will FO3 suck? .... Probably it will, but let us wait a bit longer before making the final judgment.

xuerebx

Erudite
Just as I thought, a good game I'll spend hundreds of hours on, even more with mods, but not that much of a Fallout game. Either way, doesn't matter, I just want to play a game.

Thanks for the previews.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
a good game I'll spend hundreds of hours on, even more with mods, but not that much of a Fallout game
If you enjoy it so much that you spend hundreds of hours on it, then yeah, you found it to be a good Fallout game.

People saying it will be a good game but not a good Fallout game is retarded. I've lost count of the amount of people that say this. The game is either good or bad, can't be both. Pretending it doesn't have the Fallout name won't change that.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fat Dragon said:
a good game I'll spend hundreds of hours on, even more with mods, but not that much of a Fallout game
If you enjoy it so much that you spend hundreds of hours on it, then yeah, you found it to be a good Fallout game.

People saying it will be a good game but not a good Fallout game is retarded. I've lost count of the amount of people that say this.

+1 Retardation.

Wtf?
If a game is fun, it is fun. I'd even play Arcanum if it was named "One Huge Pile of Steam & Magic 2000 X aka Vietnam Wars 3". Though it would make me less likely to buy the game...
Seriously, the title of a game doesn't influence how good it is.

The game is either good or bad, can't be both. Pretending it doesn't have the Fallout name won't change that

Yes, because there can only be good or bad. No layers between, no opinions, no subjectivity. :roll:
Republican, right?

Nael

Arcane
thesheeep said:
Fat Dragon said:

People saying it will be a good game but not a good Fallout game is retarded. I've lost count of the amount of people that say this.

+1 Retardation.

Wtf?
If a game is fun, it is fun. I'd even play Arcanum if it was named "One Huge Pile of Steam & Magic 2000 X aka Vietnam Wars 3". Though it would make me less likely to buy the game...

Two words: Divine Divinity.

dragonfk

Erudite
skyway said:
thesheeep said:
Right. So what is so good about Fallout 3? As a game?
Everything I saw was shit.

Maybe you should wait with damning the game until you play it?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
dragonfk said:
skyway said:
thesheeep said:
Right. So what is so good about Fallout 3? As a game?
Everything I saw was shit.

Maybe you should wait with damning the game until you play it?
Why should we?

dragonfk

Erudite
Because games are not about seeing them, but playing them?

Though I was more excited with Oblivion than I am with Fallout 3. After Oblivion my naive side of personality was shreded to pieces. So as far as I am concerned you can even say that F3 will be a godsent.

Deleted member 7219

I'm looking forward to Fallout 3. I accepted long ago this was not going to be a true Fallout game, in the style of F1 and F2. Rather this will be a shooter, with some RPG elements, set in a post-apoc universe loosely based on the Fallout universe.

Once you understand that you can look at the game objectively.

elander_

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:

We accepted that and looked at it objectively. Thanks for your concern.

Blowing stuff up can be fun and dismembering npcs can be fun too. Not the case with Fallout 3 where it's just retarded and repetitive.

Deleted member 7219

elander_ said:
Matt7895 said:

Blowing stuff up can be fun and dismembering npcs can be fun too. Not the case with Fallout 3 where it's just retarded and repetitive.

Have you played it?

xuerebx

Erudite
People saying it will be a good game but not a good Fallout game is retarded.

I'm retarded because I may enjoy a game as a game on its own, but not as a sequel? I played oblivion using tons of mods as I was disappointed, but I still played it for quite some time, even if it shamed the TES series, a series which I happen to like. As an adventure game I thought it was fun, as an RPG and the next game in the TES series I did not like.

That's what I meant with my post. I think I will still enjoy Fallout 3 as a different game from the previous fallouts. What made fallout for me was the gameplay, the turn based combat and ISO, and the setting. Having the first 2 differently will not make this game a fallout for ME. But still, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game.

Monocause

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
Have you played it?

Many games allow the player to go into a room and boom boom boom the bad guys. Fallout 3 just allows the crazy angles stuff with VATS, and VATS from what I've seen will get fucking boring the fifth time you'll do your boom boom in the room. That fact alone will make the game plain tedious.

elander_

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:
Have you played it?

The video demos maybe deceiving or Todd just made a very bad exposition of the game but we will know pretty soon in a few days. Right now it looks boring like shit.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Matt7895 said:
elander_ said:
Matt7895 said:

Have you played it?
Fanboy-defence #1 (no, I'm not saying you are a fanboy).

Deleted member 7219

WhiskeyWolf said:
Matt7895 said:
elander_ said:
Matt7895 said:

Have you played it?
Fanboy-defence #1 (no, I'm not saying you are a fanboy).

I actually was somewhat of a fanboy back before Oblivion came out. Now I'm anything but.

I just think Fallout 3 might be a good game, it probably won't. But let's hold back the judgment until we've actually played it.

Looks like a generic Bethesda time-sink "game"...not something I'm interested in and not something anyone with taste or a limited amount of time would be either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom