Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NMAers think Fallout 3 could be a good game.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Cow said:
This game isn’t Fallout (and that goes without saying). However, it’s NOT Oblivion with guns. Fallout 3 is best described as “An Action RPG Set in a Re-imagined Fallout Universe.” The game is entertaining and I say that proudly. Don’t let the ignorance of executives and press officials who’ve probably never touched Fallout negatively influence your enjoyment of an honestly decent game.

Plissken said:
Is it the Fallout we know? Nope. Is it Oblivion w/guns? No, I don't think so. They changed things in this game in a way that it doesn't totally feel like a post-apoc Oblivion mod. If you don't mind and embrace changes, check it out. My personal feeling that I got from what I played is that it is going to be a fun game in its own right.

Raapys

Arcane
I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll certainly try the game. Let's just hope they keep it moddable, so if it does turn out to be an acceptable game, and not a crappy one, the modders can turn it into a great one.

elander_

Arbiter
I actually enjoyed some of the characters in the demo movies and felt it would be fun to interact with them through dialog just to see their reactions. The combat gameplay and the Karma system is what spoiling it for me. It might be tolerable for a couple hours that lasted the demo but it will probably become annoying after several play sessions.

I never expected this game to be a successor to the Fallout series. That was obvious from the beginning. It's more like a post-apocalyptic mod for Oblivion 2.0, where they recognized some of the mistakes they made with Oblivion and add their own.

When will Bethesda learn that it's better to reuse what already works very well than to try to reinvent the wheel only to invent new ways to screw up their games.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gerrard said:
You forgot the poll: "How much did Hines pay?"

:facepalm:

Y'know, there's cute stupid and there's really stupid. I'm fairly sure Hines did not pay off those two random guys I asked to do an op-ed piece.

I hope you guys at least know what an op-ed is.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Jaime Lannister said:
Cow said:
This game isn’t Fallout (and that goes without saying). However, it’s NOT Oblivion with guns. Fallout 3 is best described as “An Action RPG Set in a Re-imagined Fallout Universe.” The game is entertaining and I say that proudly. Don’t let the ignorance of executives and press officials who’ve probably never touched Fallout negatively influence your enjoyment of an honestly decent game.

Plissken said:
Is it the Fallout we know? Nope. Is it Oblivion w/guns? No, I don't think so. They changed things in this game in a way that it doesn't totally feel like a post-apoc Oblivion mod. If you don't mind and embrace changes, check it out. My personal feeling that I got from what I played is that it is going to be a fun game in its own right.
Heretics! Burn them!

J1M

Arcane
Two exceptions? Well they must represent the whole community.

Helton

Arcane
Maybe you should concentrate on the problems with your own pack, Brother None. Or should I say Brother 101!?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Helton said:
Maybe you should concentrate on the problems with your own pack, Brother None. Or should I say Brother 101!?

I don't have a pack.

Did any of you even bother to check what Jaime was referring to? If not: Op-ed: Fallout 3 PAX Impressions. Hands-on impressions by two users by two users who visited PAX.

Conclusion: doesn't look like Fallout, but could be/looks like a good game in its own right. Which - hey - was exactly the same opinion expressed in NMA's old preview, so nothing shocking there.

I really assume most posts in this thread are in jest, otherwise I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Foamhead

Educated
That's it...

Man these guys said Fallout 3 would be fun? That's it! First i'm gonna tie them to a chair with a hot poker stabbed right between their nuts and their assholes. Then i'm gonna rape their mothers, their fathers, sibling, pets right in front of them until the tears are streaming down their faces. Then I will set their homes ablaze with them tied upside down above so they can hear their families screams of agony. And then I will finally end their suffering by cutting them in half...crotch first with a rusty hacksaw.

Or...

I could just be a fucking adult and let people have their own opinions. I'm undecided which rout to go.

Please make every thread about Fallout 3, Bethesda, and Oblivion in the RPG Discussion forum. I'm tired of hearing about interesting things.

Nael

Arcane
Chork said:
This is going to be Oblivion all over again.

We lost a lot of good fucktards since then. It will be darker days than that. I only pray for a webcomic created by some 700 lbs faggot living in his mother's basement. Only then will the cycle will be complete. You know who you are.

uhjghvt

Scholar
NMA is boring as hell anymore it's just a couple of regulars having endless, directionless and unreadable point-by-point internet arguments with an infinite stream of prepubescent todd howard sycophants

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom