Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I assume you won't be able to kill Vico yet, even though he's still a flat one-dimensional asshole that Aisha has no reason to keep alive. Can you abandon him in combat? That'd be cool.

01.jpg

Rocks fell? Where from?

kazgar

Arcane
Rocks fell? Where from?

I think the rocks are just simulating the floor collapse.

I was thinking on that northern adventure yesterday, considering how much latitude you have generally in the module, it seemed rather railroaded. The baron was a arsehole, could you have left him dead and worked with the conspirators?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
kazgar said:
Rocks fell? Where from?

I think the rocks are just simulating the floor collapse.

I was thinking on that northern adventure yesterday, considering how much latitude you have generally in the module, it seemed rather railroaded. The baron was a arsehole, could you have left him dead and worked with the conspirators?

Nope the whole Northern Adventure sucked dick. That was an extremely railroaded bullshit you have to travel through. There's no other way to return except to find that magical rod because the crypt doors won't unlock without the Baron being alive.

Erebus

Arcane
I've finished the module ! Yayification and stuffies ! And my sanity's still intact... or is it ?
The thingie that's supposed to export my characters to the second module doesn't seem to work, but I probably need a rest from Valine's prose anyway. For roleplaying's sake, I can stomach conversation options that exist only for flavor's sake and have no real consequences ; but if I read one more list of such options that consists mainly of "Blush", "Smile", "Shrug", "Grin", "Sob" and "Giggle" (not to mention "Moan", "Gasp", "Sigh" and "Shiver"), I'm going to have a mental breakdown.

What you could reasonably expect the last part of the module to be like and what it actually is have almost nothing in common. I found the quest you get stuck with less than satisfying : it comes out of fucking nowhere, barely has anything to do with the main plot and is much too long. Even the silly excuse for having the heroine naked during most of the quest felt too repetitive to be amusing.

On the other hand, the final confrontation is rather well-done. But it's a pity Valine didn't decide to expand on it instead of wasting so much time on what shouldn't have been more than a subquest.

Erebus

Arcane
Weird detail : Vico was a rogue 4/ fighter 4/blackguard 2 when you were sent to kill the gladiators, but he's now a rogue 2/fighter 6/blackguard 4. I'd become used to companions with decent sneaking abilities and it took me some time to realize that Vico was now about as inconspicuous as a gelatinous cube.

In the end, however, his shitty Hide and Move Silently scores didn't matter at all.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

No point in being subtle, let's take some Dhorns down with us as we break through to the western district.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

That's Tald's tavern, now, to find that secret entrance...

04.jpg

05.jpg

Ha. Too easy.

06.jpg

With a rasping sound, the back wall of the fireplace gives way, revealing a black corridor behind it. Thick layers of dust cover the ground. It doesn't look like this passage has been used recently.

pia.jpg
What's that smell?
an.jpg
Bat dung, I would say.
pia.jpg
I see. Or, actually, I don't. Phew, that stinks!
an.jpg
Stop complaining, the smell isn't that bad. And most caverns that are below the earth are dark, Milady bard.
pia.jpg
You don't say? How about I put my boot in your dark, stinky cavern?
vico.jpg
Hehehe.
an.jpg
Tsk.

LP Comment: I don't get it. The urgency of the situation demands that these guys start acting serious, like...Nathan and Co. are probably being tortured and you're complaining the secret passage smells of shit? Hello?

Proceeding deeper into the caverns, we encounter noxious fumes. We need to speed things up a bit.

07.jpg

A pack of bats greet us as we rush through to the end of the passage. They went hostile immediately.

08.jpg

I climb up the ladder until I reach a think, stony lid above me, which easily gives way. Emerging into the open, I find myself in a tight, rectangular, earthen pit of sorts, about five feet wide and deep. Thin rain drops are falling down on me in a steady beat. I take a deep breath and start climbing out.

vico.jpg
Birdie, could you move your ass a little so I can get out of here, too?

Vico, still standing on the ladder, slaps my bottom!

ai.jpg
Hey, ouch!
vico.jpg
That's better.

He joins me in the pit, taking in the surroundings.

ai.jpg
Asshole.

He returns a mean smile.

vico.jpg
Okay, let's get out of here before we drown.
pia.jpg
Are we far enough from the city walls?
vico.jpg
We should be safe, yes.

The grass on the pit's rim is somewhat slippery from all the rain, but with the help of a couple of gnarly roots that are close by, we manage to climb out of the pit without too much trouble.

an.jpg
Ah, it's good to be out in the countryside again.
pia.jpg
Speak for yourself.

Pia brushes some dirt off her clothes.

vico.jpg
A grave. Go figure.

Vico points down into the pit. A weathered sarcophagus covers most of the bottom.

ai.jpg
Looks pretty old.
pia.jpg
At least nobody would suspect that there's this tunnel below it.
vico.jpg
Whatever. The road should only be a few hundred feet to the east from here. We'll follow it to the north, into the King's Forest. Let's be off.

We travel a short distance in the rain, making sure we're not spotted by the Dhorn at the walls.

pia.jpg
I think I'm wet to the bone. Oh...Ah..Ahchoo!
ai.jpg
The rain's not any different from Betancuria.
pia.jpg
So true. I hope we'll reach the trees soon so we have a little shelter, at least. Perhaps we can stop at a tavern or inn when we're a bit farther away from the city?

LP Comment: Urgency. HELLO? Fucking Airhead.

vico.jpg
Not yet. We don't have time to fool around with serving wenches.
pia.jpg
That's not what I meant.
an.jpg
I think Sir Vico is right, for a change. We've only just started our venture into the King's Forest, after all.

Pia glances at Anden.

pia.jpg
You and Vico agreeing on something? May the Gods save us.
ai.jpg
Indeed.

I let out a slight smile. This traveling companions may have some jagged personalities, but they're quite capable, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

vico.jpg
I've truly missed your humor, Pia darling.

We move closer to the forest.

09.jpg

an.jpg
We need to follow the road to the north and east of here, M'lady. It will lead us deeper into the King's Forest.
ai.jpg
Okay, thank you, Anden.
vico.jpg
They should find a new name for the forest now. Perhaps Aisha's Bush. Sparse as that may be.

LP Comment: I look forward to killing you..

ai.jpg
Go die.
pia.jpg
Not everyone's got a jungle like you, Vico.

Vico smirks. Anden shakes his head in disgust.

an.jpg
I will start looking out for Dhorn tracks once we've entered the forest.

We follow the road for several hours. The light rain that started when we left the gray walls of Betancuria behind soon turns into a steady downpour, making the road all muddy and slushy. Only once do we encounter someone, a lone merchant sitting on a plain wagon led by two donkeys, slowly making his way south, stoically ignoring the seeping wet from above, his hat drawn deeply into his face. Although the trees provide at least some sort of shelter from the rain, it doesn't take long until my clothes are soaked wet, and all dirty.

pia.jpg
Ah, the joys of traveling. How I've missed this.

Pia pulls her clothes tightly about herself.

ai.jpg
This stupid rain must stop sometime, mustn't it?
pia.jpg
I hope it does.
an.jpg
We should reach a roadhouse soon, if my memory serves me right.
pia.jpg
I pray it does.

Indeed. Not long later, I spot two buildings alongside the road ahead of me. The bigger house has two stories and seems to be a tavern or an inn, though its shutters are closed. The smaller building could be a barn, perhaps.

10.jpg

an.jpg
This is the Sleeping Troll Inn, M'lady. It is often used as a roadhouse by people traveling to and from Betancuria. I've made acmp once or twice at the Troll, too.
ai.jpg
I just hope they're still open.
pia.jpg
For a ranger, you spend a lot of time in taverns and inns.
an.jpg
I said I was here once or twice, Mlady bard.
pia.jpg
They all say that.
vico.jpg
Didn't you claim you only ever did it once or twice before when I picked you up, Pia darling

LP Comment: What? Pia x Vico slashfic? Holy sheet!

Pia makes a kissy face at Vico.

vico.jpg
Or was that not counting the horses on your farm?
pia.jpg
Bite me.
an.jpg
Uhm...In any case, it would be prudent if we approach the inn carefully. It's entirely possible that the Dhorn we are after have decided to stop over at the inn, too.
ai.jpg
We'll be careful, yes.
pia.jpg
Fine with me.
an.jpg
Though I don't see any horses. Hm...

The inn's door opens with a loud creak, but there's no noise from within. No warmth of the fireplace, or the smell of cooking. There's nary a soul.

11.jpg

The inside of the inn looks deserted. Everything's a mess, and a thick layer of dust covers everything.

ai.jpg
Empty.
vico.jpg
Guess we can count ourselves lucky that this place hasn't attracted a goblin tribe or anything.

Vico looks about.

pia.jpg
I don't think this place has seen a living being during the last couple of months.
ai.jpg
They've probably abandoned the inn when the Dhorn invaded Betancuria.
an.jpg
So we rest outside, in the forest?

LP Comment: :Facepalm:

vico.jpg
I've had enough of that rain, thanks. Let's check out the other rooms, maybe there's a dry bed somewhere.
ai.jpg
Yes, let's.
vico.jpg
But have your weapons ready.

The second floor is as deathly quiet as the first. Only the occasional sound of the water leaking from the ceiling breaks the silence.

vico.jpg
I guess it's too much to ask for a dry bed out here.

Vico eyes the holes in the ceiling.

pia.jpg
Too bad there's nobody here you could complain to.
vico.jpg
I'd never complain, Pia darling. I'd just burn down the house, slay the innkeeper and screw his daughter. If she's comely.

Pia rolls her eyes. I ignore his comment and investigate each room, looking for a clean bed.

12.jpg

Unlike the rest of the inn, this room seems to be in good shape. The floor and the bed are dry and clean, just as if everything had been prepared for us.

vico.jpg
This looks good. Let's stay here.
pia.jpg
Fine with me.

I put my belongings on the floor, wondering how this place must have been before the Dhorn came. And what happened to the innkeeper. The Sleeping Troll is a strange name for an inn. I've never heard of trolls roaming in my father's kingdom. They're supposed to live in the wilds, and while the King's Forest might be vast and sparsely populated it certainly still belongs to the civilized lands.

LP Comment: At this point, I was expecting a Troll ambush in the middle of night...or something. The lack of meaningful encounters so far has been rather shit to be honest. I can't stand the Biowarian party banters much longer.

I feel Vico's hand on my bottom.

LP Comment: Fuck.

vico.jpg
Birdie? Are you dreaming?
ai.jpg
Take your hand away.
vico.jpg
And if I don't.

I make a slapping motion towards his face. He swiftly ducks his head, avoiding my hand.

LP Comment; At least give me an AC check, goddamit!

vico.jpg
Tsk tsk tsk. Is that what a nice young lady should do? Slapping people? Be glad that I'm too tired to spank you.

Anden clears his throat.

an.jpg
Perhaps it would be better if we leave the room to the ladies. We should just sleep outside, in the corridor.

LP Comment: Male Chauvinist Pig.

vico.jpg
You know, ranger, sharing your bed with women is the reason why most guys bear with them at all. But if the idea of birdie's ass rubbing against you bothers you too much, fine. Make yourself comfortable on the floor.

Anden gives Vico an incredulous look.

pia.jpg
I for one like the idea of you guys sleeping outside.

I eye the bed warily. Sigh, what are we even talking about? It's just a resting place. For fuck's sake...

vico.jpg
Too bad I didn't ask you.

Vico sits down on the bed and pulls off his boots. Pia sighs.

vico.jpg
Seriously, I'm just fucking tired and want to get some rest. If you want to sleep on the floor, fine. If you want to sleep on the bed, fine, too. There's more than enough space. Just fucking make up your mind.
pia.jpg
Well, okay...But no touching, no groping, no fondling, okay?

LP Comment: What is this I don't even.

vico.jpg
I said I'm tired.

Pia nods reluctantly, then takes off her shoes and lies down on the bed, as far away from Vico as possible. I sigh and make myself comfortable on the floor.

vico.jpg
Night everyone.

I do not respond. Ouch. My back's going to kill me tomorrow.

LP Comment: My quest momentum is gone at this point.

Morning comes..

13.jpg

Asshole.

14.jpg

vico.jpg
Hey, you, get up!

Vico pulls away my blanket.

ai.jpg
Stay away from me.
vico.jpg
A little sleepy-headed, eh?

He swiftly pulls my clothes aside, baring my bottom, and his hand lands on my buttocks with a loud, but fortunately not too hard smack!

ai.jpg
Hey! Asshole!

:x

pia.jpg
It's still dim outside. You really could've allowed us one or two more hours of sleep.
vico.jpg
It's dim outside because it's raining again, Pia dear.
pia.jpg
Ah, great...

She yawns and stretches.

pia.jpg
What's today's plan, anyway?
vico.jpg
We'll follow the road until we find that Dhorn hunting lodge.
pia.jpg
And then?
vico.jpg
We'll improvise. Now get ready.

15.jpg

No arguments from me. Follow the road, then.

Hours later...

16.jpg

vico.jpg
Hm. Looks like the Dhorn have settled into this castle, or whatever that structure down there is.

I know this place! There's an ancient hunting lodge on the island several hundred feet to the east. I even visited it once, though that must have been ten years ago or so, when I was still a little girl. I believe my father gave the castle to one of his generals as a present. I tell the party what I know about the castle.

vico.jpg
Interesting. So it looks like we've found our hunting lodge.
ai.jpg
But I don't remember so much about the inner castle.

Anden stands on his tiptoes and peers at the lake.

pia.jpg
Far too many Dhorn, if you ask me.
ai.jpg
We're going to change that.
vico.jpg
I'd bet my last gold coin that Nathan and the others can be found inside that castle.
ai.jpg
Getting in won't be easy. As I said, the main complex is on an island. What we see down there is the gatehouse. There's only a narrow bridge leading across to the island, with a drawbridge on the far side.
vico.jpg
There's no other way? Are you sure?
ai.jpg
At least none I know.
vico.jpg
Damn.

He kicks a rock in frustration.

vico.jpg
Okay, let's search the shore. And don't let the guards on top of that gatehouse see you.

LP Comment: More railroading. Gotta love it.

Minutes of searching later...

17.jpg

Looks like this rowboat has been here for ages. The bottom's completely rotted away. And the rest doesn't look much more stable, either.

vico.jpg
A boat without bottom. Just what we need.
an.jpg
That boat truly has seen better days...But, the island with the castle is not too far away from here. A skillful swimmer might be able to reach it, perhaps.
vico.jpg
Hm. And how would you get the rest of us over?

Anden shrugs. Vico looks at the rest of us.

vico.jpg
Who here knows how to swim, anyway?

Pia shakes her head.

an.jpg
Uh...
vico.jpg
Great. So that's not going to work.
ai.jpg
Well, I do know how to swim. They taught me when I was little.

LP Comment: Sigh.

vico.jpg
You, birdie?
ai.jpg
I think I might be able to swim across to that island. It's not that far.
vico.jpg
We've got no idea how deep the water is.
ai.jpg
It doesn't matter how deep it is when you swim.

Pia chuckles.

vico.jpg
Very funny. And even if you reach the island, don't tell me you'll just walk up the walls.
ai.jpg
I'll improvise. Perhaps I'll find a spot where I can climb up.
vico.jpg
And if not you'll end up as fish food.
ai.jpg
Hardly.
vico.jpg
Alas, I have no better idea at the moment.
ai.jpg
Then let's try this.
vico.jpg
Okay, but all you'll do is explore. You got it? Try to find a way to get the rest of us over.
ai.jpg
If we're lucky, I'll find us a boat or something.

Here goes..

18.jpg

I quickly take off my clothes then walk over to the shore and dip my toes into the water. Brrr! Chilly! Anden blushes slightly and is careful not to look at me.

vico.jpg
Now I'm beginning to like your plan, birdie.

Vico smirks, his eyes fixed on my bottom. I ignore him.

pia.jpg
Please be careful!
ai.jpg
And you as well!

Hm the water's rather deep right away. No walking in slowly. Taking a deep breath, I plunge into the lake. For a moment my head submerges under the water. I open my eyes, but the water is all murky, making it impossible to see the ground or any plants or fishes in the lake, so I quickly resurface.

vico.jpg
Still alive, birdie?

I splash some water at him.

vico.jpg
Hey!

He quickly backs off.

an.jpg
There are quite a lot of fishes in the water.
vico.jpg
Don't distract our little mermaid with your dirty jokes, ranger.
an.jpg
Huh?
vico.jpg
Okay, as I said, be careful, okay? And come back as soon as you've found a way in!

I don't respond and make my way to the island. I move slowly so I don't make too many ripples in the water. As I approach the island, I notice a couple of guards with bows on the walls. I do my best to keep a safe distance from them, so it takes me a while until I find a spot that looks safe enough to swim ashore. Carefully, I climb out of the water and up on the island.

19.jpg

Gotta find a way up..hmm..those vegetation might help. Thick, green weeds are growing from cracks in the stony wall. I think I might be able to climb it up, to the window above me. Thought it's admitted quite a stretch. I take a deep breath and start making my way up. It's not difficult to find holes between the stones where I can put my hands and feet, but many of the stones are loose. This wall has seen better days, to be sure. Trying to be as quiet as possible, I keep on climbing. Sweat runs from my brow, into my eyes, and I swab it away with my upper arm. I'm almost there now, the windowsill is almost in reach!

Uh, I better not fall now. This is rather high.

LP Comment: No skills checks...I guess.

Ack! The stone I'm clinging to suddenly slips out from its bed! I tumble backwards, my hands only grasping air.

LP Comment: FUUUUUUUUUUU-

I land with a crack, and there's only darkness.....

20.jpg

Ugh..where am I? My weapons are missing! Damn! Everything else is there, except for my weapons! No time to waste, let's break out!

21.jpg

A nearby weapon rack provides me with a simple dagger.

22.jpg

Shit, it's the Dhorn. They must've found me when I fell unconscious after falling from the walls. I don't like the odds, I sneak past them to the upper floor.

23.jpg

Upstairs, I found a locked door and begin to pick it...when suddenly...

24.jpg

I feel a sharp, pointy object pointing into my back.

alan.jpg
Okay, hands up, and hold it right there.

I reluctantly put my hands up, turning my head slightly so I can steal a quick glance at the speaker behind me. Oh damn! A Dhorn!

alan.jpg
Open the door and walk into the room. And no hasty movements.

25.jpg

I'm brought to stand before a group of Dhorn. Nobles, judging by their attire.
Hey, wait. They look- I know these! The one with the blond hair is Simon! The young noble Jacia sent me to kill. I thought I killed him!

jero.jpg
Surprised to see us, little coo?

Oh, fuck.

kazgar

Arcane
muhahahaha!

railroad galore.

then again, party based combat is boring, you're destroying most things...might as well get rid of the rest of the group.

incoming sex scene to round out the module?

Lindblum

Augur
I hope Valine isn't going to make us bear another Rape scene.

I mean Aisha destroyed Dragons, raised the dead, Summoned the god of a Rapist cult and is pretty much unstoppable, only to get raped as a reminder that you're still vulnarable?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
At this point I'm half expecting the princess to wake up and realizing it was all a bad dream.

lightbane

Arcane
Goddamit!!! :x :x :x

Even now Aisha is in danger to be raped!! Just when I thought you were done with this crap, this happens. This game is truly what Dragon Age wanted to be...

Erebus

Arcane
Lindblum said:
I mean Aisha destroyed Dragons, raised the dead, Summoned the god of a Rapist cult and is pretty much unstoppable, only to get raped as a reminder that you're still vulnarable?

It probably has to do with Valine's fetishes, but she loves making the heroine powerless (even though she's reached level 11, she's just been captured twice in less than 5 minutes) or at least very vulnerable (by taking away her weapons, her clothes, etc.). That's why Vico gets away with harassing the princess even though her level is almost as high as his. I would be surprised if he didn't give her an actual spanking somewhere in the second module.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

01.jpg

Jero Fetton. The man I used in order to get closer to Simon...Good. At least they won't kill me straight away.

jero.jpg
You didn't exactly say goodbye to me. At leats not in a way I would have liked.
ai.jpg
Well, that's what I'm here for.

Heh. Let's play along for the moment.

jero.jpg
Yeah, no doubt! But don't worry. I don't bear a grudge. Especially not against pretty things like you.

Yeah, right.

jero.jpg
You're fortunate it was Simon's double you've killed at Betancuria. Otherwise you'd be chained to one of those nifty racks in the basement with Alen poking at you.

Oh..a double?

alan.jpg
She didn't have too much trouble getting out of her cell and past the guards. Just as the bloke said.

The bearded Dhorn glances at a young man with straw-blond hair who stands between two guards. I think I know him. He's one of the two workers from the warehouse at Southern Betancuria. The warehouse Drago used for import and export business at the harbor.

simon.jpg
For a noblewoman, and a princess at that, you have a couple of quite remarkable talents, Milady.
jero.jpg
Hehe. You can say that again!
ai.jpg
I think you're mistaking me for someone else.
simon.jpg
You'd already be dead if I believed that. Alen spotted you when you fell from the tower. At first we thought you were just another thief, but then your friend recognized you and told me everything about you, Princess Aisha. You're here in order to find out where our soldiers have taken that old barkeeper and his comrades to?
ai.jpg
And?
simon.jpg
I'm afraid those people aren't here anymore. Lord Commander Mortenson ordered them to be taken to a more secure place. He's a careful man. If he knew who you are, you'd most likely joined those criminals already.
ai.jpg
Why are you telling me this?
alan.jpg
I've spotted her friends on the shore. They're making camp about a mile to the north and east.

Shit.

alan.jpg
If I didn't know better, I'd say no way she's the Princess. She acts and moves like she's lived in the streets for her whole life.
jero.jpg
Coming from Alen, that's quite the compliment. There's nobody who's better at tracking and stealth than Alen.

Looks like another ranger, like Anden.

simon.jpg
You're probably asking yourself why we're telling you all this. The reason's actually quite simple. I'd like to temporarily employ you.
ai.jpg
You can't be serious.
simon.jpg
I am. Due to some unforeseen happenings, one of my associates is dead, and you might be the right one to replace him. If you do what I want, I'll give you the whereabouts of those prisoners and I'll let you go.
ai.jpg
Why should I trust you?
simon.jpg
My interests lie elsewhere, not at Betancuria. I don't care what you'll do once we've done this job as I'll be back in Dhorn.
jero.jpg
Don't worry, little coo. Simon's not asking you to do anything indecent.
simon.jpg
There's a certain building at Betancuria I'd like to get into. Unseen. Inside, we'll also have to deal with a couple of locked doors and traps.
ai.jpg
Sounds like burglary.
simon.jpg
I'll give you the details once we're there. Your comrades on the shore will be safe until we return. If all goes well, we'll be back by tomorrow evening..
ai.jpg
And if I refuse?
simon.jpg
In that case, we'll kill you and your friends on the shore.

There's no choice, is there?

ai.jpg
You swear to me that you won't hand me over to anybody, that you won't try to kill me, and that you'll let me go afterward?

Simon raises his right hand and places his left hand over his heart.

simon.jpg
I swear it.
ai.jpg
Fine.
simon.jpg
Very good.
ai.jpg
As if I ever had a choice.
jero.jpg
I'm very glad to have you with us, sweetie.

Jero smiles and steps closer to me, his fingers trailing down my arm.

ai.jpg
Don't touch me.
simon.jpg
We'll be off in two hours.
alan.jpg
I've still got the girl's weapons.
simon.jpg
We'll return it to her, but not here.
jero.jpg
I think I'm going to have some fun with her in the meantime. As a form of compensation for what she did at your house.

Jero places his hand on my bottom, rubbing it.

ai.jpg
Take your filthy hands off me!
jero.jpg
I think we'll just chain you to a pole, little coo.
ai.jpg
This is your idea of employing someone?
jero.jpg
Simon, you know that we can't afford to lose her now. Chaining her up should also take care of any plans she might have about running off. there's that whipping post we might use.
ai.jpg
Chaining me is one thing, but what you're talking about is forcing rape upon me.
simon.jpg
She's right. Leave her be. It's not exactly a good way to start this if you rape her.

LP Comment: Not expecting that....and that wasn't even a Persuade check. Maybe Simon is gay?

jero.jpg
Aww, you're not fun tonight.
simon.jpg
You'll have plenty of fun soon enough.

Jero mutters something under his breath.

alan.jpg
We ought to be careful with the girl anyway. She's good. And Jero's right. Don't have to tell you what might happen if she managed to run.
simon.jpg
I have faith in you that you won't let her run off.
jero.jpg
We'll also need to get her past the guards.
alan.jpg
I'll tie her up and wrap her into a blanket. Then we'll tell them that the bundle contains a couple of carcasses from our hunting trip.
simon.jpg
Alright, let's do it.

It happens just like Alen has proposed. He carefully ties me up and gags me. Once Simon is done with his preparations, they wrap me into a large blanket, then carry me out of the building. Even though I can't see anything, I notice it's still raining outside. They throw me on a horse, fastening me with a couple more cords, and off we go. I'm beginning to feel more and more uneasy, I mean, who knows where they're going to take me. Wrapped in this blanket, and all tied up, I doubt I could defend myself.

Finally, the house is brought to a halt, and I'm lifted down. One man throws me over his shoulder and carries me. Jero, I assume, for whoever it is keeps fondling my bottom through the blankets. Eventually, they put me down and unwrap me.

02.jpg

simon.jpg
Okay, that will be all, Roman.
man.jpg
Of course, M'lord.
simon.jpg
I imagine all hell's going to break loose in a couple of hours, so you'd best start evacuating the house right away. The ship at the harbor should be ready for you. Get everyone safely out of the city.
man.jpg
I shall, Milord.
simon.jpg
Thanks for everything. You've been a loyal servant.

That's odd. What could possibly be so hazardous that Simon needs to evacuate his whole estate out of Betancuria? I'm beginning to have serious misgivings about this mission.

Simon turns towards the guard next to him.

simon.jpg
The codeword for getting us back up is Swan. If I say anything else, or it's not me coming back up the hole, something went wrong. In that case, lock the grate, and leave the city immediately.
guard.jpg
Yes, Sir!
alan.jpg
Ah, Simon, you old croaker. Nothing's going to go wrong.
jero.jpg
Yeah, we've got a little lucky charm with us, after all!
simon.jpg
Okay, let's do this, gentlemen!

03.jpg

One of Simon's guards wraps the end of a cord around my waist and slowly lowers me down into the shaft. It's about forty feet deep, I would guess, before I feel the ground under my feet again. Alen comes next, then Jero, and finally, Simon. Once Simon's down with the rest of us, Alen hands me back me weapons, and the guards pull the rope back up and close the grate above. Looks like it's going to only the four of us. And there's no way out if something happens to Simon.

jero.jpg
Nervous, little coo?

Which means it's okay if this idiot dies.

ai.jpg
Don't you think it's about time you tell me what exactly we're doing down here?
jero.jpg
We're going to rob the bank, little coo!
ai.jpg
What bank?
jero.jpg
Metaphorically speaking.

Wow, big words for a small brain.

alan.jpg
It's like this. After our army had stormed Castle Betancuria, the soldiers found a huge treasure locked up in the castle's basement. However, it was unclear whose property that treasure was going to be. The Emperor claimed it, of course, but he had also declared everything our troops would find within the city's limits would be open for plunder. That little technical problem was solved by stating that the treasure had not been found within the city proper, but below the castle, which was not a part of the city. Nevertheless, a lot of discussion among the nobility and the leading generals followed, with the result that the treasure is still here, in Betancuria.
jero.jpg
And we're going to get us that treasure tonight, little coo.
ai.jpg
How much money are we talking about?
simon.jpg
About twenty five million gold coins.

I blinked.

ai.jpg
That's...
jero.jpg
Your father was a rich man.
ai.jpg
So you're actually stealing MY gold.
jero.jpg
We'll put that money to good use.
ai.jpg
So how much for me?
alan.jpg
As far as I remember, your reward was getting out of this alive. And that information about those scamps that have been locked up a couple of days ago.
ai.jpg
Perhaps, but as it's ME who's going to take care of all those locks and traps that are surely in the way, and also seeing that your treasure actually belongs to ME, as it was my father's, I'd say I deserve a little more.
simon.jpg
How much more?
ai.jpg
Whatever sounds fair to you.
simon.jpg
You'll get half a million. Plus your freedom, and the information.
ai.jpg
Okay, that sounds good. You swear it?
simon.jpg
I do, yes.

Simon holds up his hand.

ai.jpg
I hope you keep your word.

Alen snorts.

simon.jpg
Was there anything else we need to discuss? Or could we get started?
ai.jpg
How about you tell me about Master Nathan and the others right now? I mean, it's probably going to be a dangerous undertaking. And I won't have a chance to run off, anyway.
simon.jpg
They're on a ship, heading for Westwood. They'll be brought to the Isle of Prisoners, in Dhorn.
ai.jpg
That's a prison complex?
simon.jpg
Yes. Now let's go. The tunnel's going to bring us to the cellars below the Dhorn HQ. I'll tell you more once we're there.

04.jpg

LP Comment: I can never understand why Valine made corridors ....straight shot like that devoid of content. Giving the players a sense of scale perhaps?

Minutes later, we found ourselves at the end of the tunnel.

05.jpg

simon.jpg
We've got to break through the wall ahead of us. It's not very thick, but try not to make too much noise. If any of the guards on the other side spot us, we need to silence them as quickly as possible. Our first target is the stairs leading up to the ground floor. We're going to block the door so nobody's going to be able to come down while we're here.
ai.jpg
Alright.
simon.jpg
Alright, let's do this.

06.jpg

The wall crumbles easily under our combined assault.

07.jpg

Looks like we made it into the cellars. Time to lock that door.

08.jpg

A few guards spotted our party as I pick the lock shut before any reinforcements can arrive from above.

09.jpg

We make short work of the guards on this level without too much trouble.

simon.jpg
Good. We move into Castle Betancuria now. The tunnel starts behind the door north of our stairs. It's necessary that you watch for traps from now on.
ai.jpg
Alright.

10.jpg

No kidding, the first door is trapped. The passage leads further into an underground tunnel of some sort.

11.jpg

A variety of living ooze greets us. Slowing down our progress.

12.jpg

LP Comment: Valine peppers the passage with a bunch of hard to kill monsters that pose no threat to the party. I really have no idea why she does this. It gives 1 XP per kill, yet due to the high damage resistance it can take a long time to wipe them all out.

13.jpg

The jellies pose no threat. And we make our way through the passage with haste. Looks like we're heading deeper underground.

14.jpg

simon.jpg
As far as I know, they're the only connection between Castle Betancuria and the city. Apart from the castle gates, of course. There've been a lot of debates about whether your father had known these tunnels, and why he hadn't tried to escape through them, if so...
ai.jpg
I don't think he knew about these tunnels.
alan.jpg
The walls aren't really in good shape.
simon.jpg
It's not really a single tunnel but a whole net of corridors, though most have collapsed. There's only one passage left. It'll get us right into the castle's basement.
ai.jpg
You've been here before?
simon.jpg
Yes. Let's go. We don't have much time.

LP Comment: Many corridors, yet one one passage left. Ha. Ha . Ha. Awesome way to explain rail roaded passage, Valine. The choices...have collapsed! Also, read the retard friendly directions Simon gives us throughout the corridor journey. It's cringe-worthy.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Oh, these are...my father's soldiers. We're below my castle!

19.jpg

20.jpg

Hmm. What is that glowing door?

simon.jpg
The treasure's in the adjacent room. Behind the red-glowing door.
ai.jpg
I didn't know we had a torture chamber in the castle.
jero.jpg
Creepy. Or did we install this?
simon.jpg
No. These chambers were just like this when we found them.
jero.jpg
Guess there's a torture chamber under every castle. Our little coo has done a splendid job dealing with all the locks and traps. I'm sure that door won't give her any trouble.

Jero grins and rubs my bottom.

LP Comment: What's up with this asshole?!

ai.jpg
Take your hand away, Jero.
jero.jpg
Hehehe.
simon.jpg
You can't pick the lock of that door. It's magically sealed. But I know the password.

21.jpg

Simon moves closer to the vault door and whispers the code phrase. I couldn't catch what he said. The vault opens...

22.jpg

Holy...

simon.jpg
Did I promise you too much?

23.jpg

It only takes us a couple of minutes to shovel all the piles of gold and store them away in the bags of holding the men have brought with them. Once we're done, Simon glances around one last time.

24.jpg

simon.jpg
We got everything?
ai.jpg
Yes, I think so.
jero.jpg
Fuck! Do you have an idea how much gold I have in my bags? Damn you, Simon!

He grins widely.

alan.jpg
This money would probably buy the entire city. And most of the lands around, too.
simon.jpg
Twenty five million coins go a long way.
jero.jpg
Yeah...I'm going to get my own island. And you're gonna buy your own private forest, with plenty of trees to molest, huh, Alen?
alan.jpg
Hehe, I'll see about that.
simon.jpg
Let's discuss this once we're out of here. Come. Hurry!

We rush out of the vault.

25.jpg

ai.jpg
Hey, what about my share?

26.jpg

"Cease your actions!" A voice shouted in the dark. I scan the surrounding, it's all dark...until a dozen torches are lit simultaneously, revealing a full group of Dhorn soldiers surrounding us!

Music: Vode An

27.jpg

simon.jpg
Peron.
jero.jpg
Fuck!

I scan the troopers in dismay. Damn! I might be able to slip out...but if Simon dies...I won't be able to escape through the grate...maybe if I...

arto.jpg
Oh, look. What a pleasant surprise.
ai.jpg
You!

To be continued....

Erebus

Arcane
So you can avoid the sex scene, huh ? My slightly deranged princess didn't bother, as she was eager to try post-necrophilia. And, in case you have any doubt, it doesn't take long for the evil ranger dude to join in.

It turns out that Jerro's alive because Simon had him resurrected by a high-level cleric. I rather liked the fact that, during most of the module, death was final and not something that could be reversed by a simple spell or magical object. But Valine obviously stopped caring about that when she gave us that Rod of Resurrection.

RK47 said:
LP Comment: I can never understand why Valine made corridors ....straight shot like that devoid of content. Giving the players a sense of scale perhaps?

Realism, I guess. While it's not illogical that Simon would be highly prepared for his heist, it does make the first part of the mission rather boring. The few traps aren't much trouble and the guards are easily defeated since Simon and the ranger are level 14 and Jero's level 10.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
LP Comment: Not expecting that....and that wasn't even a Persuade check. Maybe Simon is gay?

His introduction didn't feature him leering at Aisha's breasts either, which Valine seems to believe all men do all the time.

So probably gay.

Anyway. Wow the quality of this mod is collapsing. Scripted, railroaded, boring and banal sequences while having the company of that noxious shit Vico forced upon you. Wasn't someone defending him as shades of gray earlier in this thread? He's clearly just a chauvinist rapist asshole, why would you ever care to let him live?

RK47

Patron
Yeah, I get the feeling it isn't going to get any better anytime soon. That's the problem when you want tight scripting, I guess.

I still can't believe that all I got from the party of 4 was just shitty banters. It's like bringing Lynx and Buzz along in JA2 and only got rewarded with them bitching at each for 5 minutes until a stun grenade hits them and the guards captures them both.

If Valine had cut down on that Ravenstower and perhaps Hyath content (TBH, Hyath was bloated with traps and locks for the sake of leveling up princess) perhaps the effort on the finale wouldn't feel so forced. I slog through all that shit only to have a goddamn fall ruining my ninja climb...holleeee shiyyttt.

BTW I'm ending this module on the 47th Update! Until Then, True Believers!

:salute:

Erebus

Arcane
Brother None said:
His introduction didn't feature him leering at Aisha's breasts either, which Valine seems to believe all men do all the time.

Unless Pia's here, in which case men stare at her breasts and ignore ours. Rivalry +50 !

Simon isn't really gay. Jero says he's a "romantic", which is Valine's way of describing a man who might enjoy sleeping with our princess but wouldn't consider raping her (that wouldn't be a long list).

RK47 said:
I still can't believe that all I got from the party of 4 was just shitty banters.

That felt really stupid, much like the fact that you can't interrupt Alfons bitching about Anden by yelling at him "There's been a raid at the inn, Nathan and the others have been captured and we have to evacuate this place anyway so who cares if I brought the fucking ranger ?!?!". Pia's weak jokes and Vico's sexual harassment really hurt the sense of urgency. Then again, there's also the fact that you won't be able to rescue Nathan and the others in this module anyway...

Norfleet

Actually, I found the seemingly inane banter in the middle of a seemingly urgent quest to be rather realistic. People really do talk about the most inane stuff in real life, even when, and often especially if, the matter seems urgent. When people are not physically able to perform the urgent task RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT, they tend to talk about the most inane stuff, because most of their brainpower is preoccupied with this urgent matter, leaving the inane parts of them to babble mindlessly since they can't actually do the urgent thing. Horribly lame jokes in an attempt to defuse the tension is, in fact, more the norm than the exception.

Granted, they usually aren't spending it sexually harassing the rest of the squad, but it can't be ruled out.

Erebus

Arcane
I've started playing the second module to see what it was like. So far, it seems less promising : I enjoyed the highly developed urban setting of the first module and I'm not sure there's going to be something similar in this one. It seems we're going to be travelling a lot, but it's still too early to have a clear idea.

The beginning is nothing really special. The most noteworthy event is a long game of strip poker... with dices. Horrifyingly enough, I couldn't find a single sex scene !

Right now, I have no less than six companions, so there's more fighting and less sneaking around than usual. It's not unpleasant, though I hope it won't last for too long.

As I suspected, the princess still can't prevent Vico from slapping her ass, despite her level and her dexterity.

However, Vico's not the only murderous bastard who happens to be creepily obsessed with our heroine : colonel Benthur (who fortunately remains an antagonist) somehow manages to be even worse. Meanwhile, Anden's pretty much there only to be ridiculed, since Valine obviously doesn't care much for good boys.

That makes Pia the least annoying companion among these three, though I wish she'd die a bit less often...

RK47

Patron
I think I may just go for a long break after Part I if that's the case. Battlefield 3 here I come !

lightbane

Arcane
:decline: of RK. I hope at least you will not buy that turd, EA's jewlords don't deserve your money...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom