Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
00.jpg

I awake in the morning and focused my spell to identify the golden armor I found in the tombs.

01.jpg

...it's powerful to be sure, but I doubt I will be able to wear it any time soon. Too cumbersome for my style. I stuff it back into the pack, and leave the Bear's Pit. I have to find out more about that Wizard who sold me to the Dhorn...but Pia's still missing. What to do?

02.jpg

I step into the jeweler's shop and pick the best anti magic protection I could afford.

03.jpg

This expensive amulet cost me over 40,000 gold. But it'll have to do.

04.jpg

I also pick up a protective charm, just in case I need an extra dodge in combat. I also acquire an amulet of blessings, this should keep me safer in combat.

05.jpg

LP Comment: Total cost, around 60,000 gold. But the Blessing necklace gives that extra +1 to hit all the time. 26 AC is coming close to 30...I still laugh at the Destroyer Title.

06.jpg

I guess I'll start with finding Pia...

07.jpg

The guards are no help. I decide to shop a bit.

08.jpg

This should be useful.

LP Comment: It's a steal at 3500 gold.

09.jpg

The guards refuse to let me look for Pia and bar me from going to the upper floors. Looks like it's time to stealth in.

10.jpg

The locks are no match, my new Amulet of the Master giving me supreme confidence.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Finally! Stairs up.

14.jpg

The door to the third floor is locked. And so is the door to the library. I'm not giving up that easily. I search for clues in the students' quarters, taking extra care to avoid detection by the guards.

15.jpg

Hmm. Whoever this Dan is, he knows how to get upstairs. Wonder where he lives in the city.

16.jpg

Aha!

LP Comment: This module doesn't update your journal. It just gives these two clues to find Dan. Also, this is the only way to solve this mandatory quest. Yes, finding Pia is mandatory to advance the plot.

I leave the Academy, heading to the southern district of Betancuria to find Dan's apartment.

17.jpg

wiz.jpg
And so we meet again. I am glad to see you are well, my dear.

It's him. I draw my short sword and get ready to attack. The man raises his hand.

wiz.jpg
Let's keep this civilized, shall we? I'm not here to hurt you. Actually, I have a proposition for you.
ai.jpg
After getting a friend of mine killed, and nearly me as well? Yeah, right.
wiz.jpg
I do understand that you are somewhat upset about our last encounter, but be assured that delivering you to the Dhorn was nothing personal. A man has got to make his money somehow, and these are difficult times.

Money? He's in this for money? Scum.

ai.jpg
You could always offer yourself to the sailors at the harbor. I hear some of them like guys with beards.
wiz.jpg
*He smiles* I'm afraid I'm not blessed with a body as fine as yours, my dear. The Dhorn pay well enough for captives, but I think this time I'll give you a chance to outbid them, so to speak. Fifty thousand gold coins, delivered to a location of my choice within the next twenty four hours.

My blood froze. So be it. It's time for my amulet to earn its keep.

wiz.jpg
Otherwise you go back to the Dhorn. And believe me, I WILL catch you again.
ai.jpg
You can shove your proposition up your..!

The man drops a key to the ground.

wiz.jpg
That will get you inside the ruined house next to the Flagon Tavern, across from the Academy, in the northern part of the city. Inside, you'll find a chest. That's where you'll put the money. I'll watch the house, and once I see that you've delivered the coins and are gone, I'll get the money and you'll never see me again.
ai.jpg
You're going to watch the house for a long time then.
wiz.jpg
Twenty four hours, actually. Then you'll go back to jail. So don't be late.
ai.jpg
I'll escape again, and kill you!

He straightens his coat and disappears! Damn him!

18.jpg

patrol.jpg
You there! Sheathe your weapon at once!

I sheathe my short sword and cursed aloud. Damn that wizard. What should I do? I return to the Bear's Pit with dire news.

19.jpg

ai.jpg
We've got a big problem. The wizard who delivered me to the Dhorn approached me again. He wants fifty thousand gold or he'll do it again.
nat.jpg
What? Where did you meet that man?
ai.jpg
Somewhere in the southern part of the city.

Master Nathan listens closely, then frowns when I'm finished.

nat.jpg
Not good at all.

I nod grimly. We're dealing with a crafty wizard this time. It's not going to be that simple.

nat.jpg
Fifty thousand gold coins..*He shakes his head*
ai.jpg
You're not going to pay him, are you?
nat.jpg
We've got nowhere near as much in our coffers. Five thousand at most.
ai.jpg
Look, Master Nathan, there's no need to..
nat.jpg
We'll have to make do with what we have. First, we need to find out who that man is and where he lives. I want you to go to that house and deposit the money we've got. Our people will watch the house and follow that wizard once he shows himself.
ai.jpg
I'll follow him, too.
nat.jpg
You're NOT going to interfere, understood? All you'll do is deposit the money. Come back to me afterwards.
ai.jpg
Why? Don't you trust me?

I can't believe this! I'm the one he's hunting! Why can't I tail him?

nat.jpg
I do. But tihs man does sound like trouble. We're not going to take any chances. Now hold on.

Master Nathan turns to one of his bodyguards and orders the man to fetch five thousand gold coins from the Family Vault. Once the guard's back, he counts the money, then hands it to me.

nat.jpg
Here you go. Five thousand gold.
ai.jpg
We'll get that bastard!
nat.jpg
Yes, we will. Go now. The sooner we catch him, the better.

I check my purse and found I'm carrying at least 40,000 gold. Short of the 50,000 needed. I return to my quarters behind the kitchen and sit on my bed to think. Why? Why are we paying him off? And what sort of guarantee he won't go after me again after I give him the gold? Where do wizards live? I lay back on my bed and think.

Suddenly, a realization dawns on me! Of course! It's not a coincidence! So THAT's the connection! I snap my fingers and went to bed, waking as the sun rises.

20.jpg

Igor's shop. It's been a while since I visit him. He said he could do some upgrades on my weapons and armors if needed.

21.jpg

Amazingly, he could infuse regeneration effect on my leather armor. For just 10,000 gold. I thanked him and make my way to the Southern district. It's time to find that Academy student.

LP Comment: The more powerful an artifact is, the costlier it is to add additional effects. A +1 on my short sword would cost me 75,000 gold. I don't have enough.

22.jpg

A voice yells, 'Yes? What do you want? We're not buying anything!

ai.jpg
I'm looking for Dan Addams.

'What do you want from Dan?'

ai.jpg
(Persuade) I'd like to speak to him. I mean no harm.

The door opens, an old lady greets me.

23.jpg

mom.jpg
Dan's in his room.

24.jpg

A young man of about my age, clad in the typical robes of a scholar, curiously looks me up and down when he spots me.

dan.jpg
Hey there! Wow...

He grins widely as he studies me.

ai.jpg
You're Dan Addams, a student of the academy?
dan.jpg
Yeah, that's me! And who are you?
ai.jpg
Doesn't matter. We need to talk.
dan.jpg
Oh?
ai.jpg
How did you get into Lecturer Kathy's room in the academy?
dan.jpg
Huh? I've got no idea what you're talking about.
ai.jpg
(Persuade) I won't tell anybody that you told me, Dan. But I need to find a way to the upper floors.
dan.jpg
*He shifts uncomfortably* But the Academy has been closed by the Dhorn weeks ago...
ai.jpg
I know that.
dan.jpg
Well, you could just walk up the stairs in order to reach the teacher's rooms.
ai.jpg
Can't do that. The door is closed and barred from the other side.

He shrugs, shifting uncomfortably.

ai.jpg
There's another way up, right?
dan.jpg
Uh, no idea...Could be.
ai.jpg
(Persuade) You can tell me, Dan. I won't mention your name to anybody.
dan.jpg
Well, maybe you won't. But I don't think it would be good to have you running loose in there. Besides, some of the stuff in the teacher's room is rather dangerous.
ai.jpg
I can take care of myself.
dan.jpg
You might break something. Some of the teacher's stuff is very expensive, you know.
ai.jpg
I'm pretty good at avoiding that.
dan.jpg
That's what you say.

25.jpg

Dan's mother walks over to us, smiling at her son.

mom.jpg
Ah, Dan. There you are. *She looks at me curiously* You didn't introduce your new friend to your father and me. Do you two know each other from school?
dan.jpg
Uh...

Dan's mother turns to me, smiling.

mom.jpg
I'm so glad that Dan's finally being visited by a girl.

I smile back at her. Dan blushes deeply.

mom.jpg
His usual friends have nothing but nonsense in their heads! And what's your name, dear?
ai.jpg
Tina.
mom.jpg
How lovely. Will you be staying for lunch?
dan.jpg
Uh, I don't think she will, Mom. She told me she's busy studying tonight. She just came over because she had a question about one of our exercise.
mom.jpg
Oh well, it's a good thing you ask Dan for help, my dear. My Dan's such a smart young man.
ai.jpg
I'm sure he'll be able to help me.

Dan studies the floor, still looking very embarrassed.

mom.jpg
Well, I'll leave you two to your studies. It was very nice to meet you, my dear.

She gently squeezes my hand.

ai.jpg
It was very nice to meet you, too, Mrs Addams.

She smiles and nods, then leaves the room.

dan.jpg
Parents...*Groans*
ai.jpg
Be glad that you still have your parents, Dan.
dan.jpg
Huh? But I don't know why Mom made such a fuss over you. I've had lots of girl friends at the academy.

He gives me a challenging look.

ai.jpg
Look, I'm not interested in you or your girl friends, Dan. Tell me about that way upstairs.
dan.jpg
Okay. Two thousand gold coins.
ai.jpg
I think not. That's too much.

He shrugs.

ai.jpg
I'll be back then...

Screw this. I could just kill him right here, and fade to the shadows, but his parents don't deserve that. I shall give him my gentlest touch...I slip behind him momentarily and dip into his pocket. And found a key. I'm betting it lets me in to the upper floor...or perhaps the library. Time to head back to the Academy. That's where real wizards live!

27.jpg

Back at the Academy, the key unlocks the library,a pair of imps guard it. No problem.

28.jpg

A ha! A secret passage!

29.jpg

More imps guarding their master's belongings. I kill them and steal what I could.

30.jpg

All this breaking in is starting to give me enough experience to deepen my craft, I think it's time to refine my divine arts.

31.jpg

32.jpg

I can now cast additional spells per day. I move on and silently pick the Chancellor's desk under the watchful eyes of his golem.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

I can't use this book. I guess I'm just not qualified to do so.

LP Comment: According to a FAQ it gives 7000 EXP. And Use Magic Device wouldn't help. :(

I continue on the secret passages, finding back doors into each teacher's quarters...until finally,...

36.jpg

There's Pia! I walk over to the cage to check on her.

37.jpg

pia.jpg
Please, get me out of this cage, Aisha!

No problem. I take out my lock picks and get to work.

38.jpg

pia.jpg
Oh, whew! I was already afraid I'd have to spend the rest of my life in that cage. It's so good to see you here!
ai.jpg
I'm glad to see you in one piece. I was getting worried.

She smiles, looking me up and down.

pia.jpg
What are you doing here, of all places?
ai.jpg
Alfons sent me to look for you.
pia.jpg
I see. Well, I've been trying to locate a bounty hunter named Andrik who's working for the Dhorn. He has caused the Family a lot of trouble, giving some of us away to the Dhorn, and blackmailing others.

Looks like my hunch is right.

pia.jpg
Vico, Alfons and Cata have tried to catch him for like weeks, but the guy has always managed to vanish on us! So I figured this guy's a wizard. And where did wizards used to live before the Dhorn came?

She motions to the surroundings, grinning.

ai.jpg
Yeah, I've met that bounty hunter, too...
pia.jpg
I stumbled right into him when I was passing through that hidden door in the back of the room. You should have seen his face.
ai.jpg
Go figure.
pia.jpg
He's fast. I didn't even get a chance to counter-spell. He stunned me with his magic and put me into that cage. Certainly not one of my brightest moments.
ai.jpg
Well, that wizard is smart and capable, from what I gather.
pia.jpg
Yes, very much so. Perhaps we should get out of here while we can. I'm not sure where he is at the moment, but he'll be back, and I don't know if the two of us could take him down.
ai.jpg
Alright, let's tell Alfons about this.
pia.jpg
Sounds good to me.

39.jpg

LP Comment: Pia is a Rogue / Bard and can be further multiclassed as a Fighter if you choose. Just speak to her and level her up accordingly. I chose two levels of fighters because I can't figure out how to make her use her songs before battles. And henchmen AI can be so very bad when trying to survive a fight.

I ransack the wizard's room before heading towards the hidden door with Pia, when suddenly...

40.jpg

It's him! This time, he's also caught by surprise! I swing my weapons at him.

41.jpg

He let loose a spell, this time it's not the paralyzing one. A cold air rushes from his palms, Pia's body grew stiff and she cried out, wracking in pain. I spun around, and took the opportunity to stab the wizard's chest. Critical hit. The wizard drops the ground as a fountain of blood sprays from his wounds.

42.jpg

wiz.jpg
May you rot in hell, bitch!
pia.jpg
Oh, wow, we've got him! Ha! Take that, scumbag!

She sticks her tongue out at the dead man's body.

ai.jpg
May he rot in hell.
pia.jpg
*She nods* I don't enjoy hurting people, but this guy deserved what he got. It was good that we caught him by surprise.
ai.jpg
That's right.
pia.jpg
So I guess we're done here?
ai.jpg
I'd like to check out a few things before we're off..

I kneel over the wizard and search his pockets for anything of value.

43.jpg

His purse is kinda heavy, his staff seems magical...I took his necklace and belt as well. Plus a case containing three magical scrolls. I shove the items into my pack, satisfied. I begin to stand up when suddenly his hand grabbed me, glowing with magical energies!

44.jpg

wiz.jpg
You are SO gonna feel some wrath!
pia.jpg
Ack!

Pia buried her short sword into the wizard's chest, but not before he finishes his spell. I tried to utter a curse, but before I could finish...

45.jpg

An explosion of magical energies engulfed us...the academy walls spin around us, faster and faster!

LP Comment: :rage:

Lindblum

Augur
The Wizard will find that hell is actually a pretty safe place for Aisha to be in, compared to well anywhere with dudes.

Drakron

Arcane
RK47 said:
Oh, the anime mascot? Some gal called Ignis, I really admire her plastic figure, but never really felt I need to shell out the cash to buy it. I really dig redheads, yo. ;)

Ignis is from Jingai Makyou, Nitro+ Game.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I was just about to compliment the mod for recovering from stupid scripted paralysis events to really engage you in hunting down the bounty hunter, and then... FFFFFFFFF :x

Also I'm starting to get a little suspicious of how helpful the Family is to the princess. Just toss in 5000 gold, no questions asked? That's investing a lot in a fairly junior member. Either they're really nice people, or they're going to use her for their own nefarious purposes.

RK47

Patron
Oh, I think I might be upgrading my system tower to Win7 ..I hope NWN works well in the new OS, fingers crossed. I got two PC towers though, so if things go wrong with Win7...I'll just unplug and switch back. Wish me luck bros!

:salute:

Breaking Axe

Educated
The game's modular, you should be able to just copy and paste the game folder without any issue. Just be aware that it might periodically crash under win 7, which averages out around every 2 hours.

Erebus

Arcane
Finally managed to start playing the module. Turns out the solution was using a computer that did not have Windows Vista...

I decided that her traumatic experiences had left my princess rather unhinged, which means I don't have to feel bad for having behave like a nympho (and possibly a psychopath, once she's gained enough levels to be dangerous).

Even though the LP had given me a clear idea of what the module was like, I was still impressed by the many things to be found and the general attention to detail. In fact, for a moment, I began to think that I'd been unfair to the module and it wasn't as silly as I thought it was.

Then came the excessively long sex scene with Pia. Well, okay, I can deal with that once in a while.

Then I decided to hook my princess up with Tony and spent the next 10 minutes watching her trying on dresses... And after that, I spent at least 15 more minutes reading a succession of sex scenes...

And now, I'm really questioning Valine's sanity.

RK47

Patron
Erebus said:

I think girls enjoy this module more. Seriously.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

For a couple of heartbeats I feel disoriented. All I see around me is a mass of swirling lights and colors. Then I'm suddenly falling! I hit something, and there's a loud bang!

01.jpg

Ouch! I blink and look around. I'm sitting on the floor, amongst a pile of wooden debris that seems to have been a desk a couple of moments ago, before it crashed under the impact of Pia and me.

pia.jpg
Youch! Uh..

Pia rubs her bottom, glancing about with a confused look on her face.

ter.jpg
What the..?

A man clad in a long, black robe disbelievingly looks back and forth between Pia and me and the remains of his desk.

ai.jpg
Uh, greetings.

I stand up and brush off the debris.

ter.jpg
Look at what you done! My desk!

The man moves over to me, grabs my arm and drags me off my feet.

ter.jpg
Who the hell are you?!
ai.jpg
My name is Aisha, and I'm really sorry about this little incident..
ter.jpg
Little incident? Look at it! All I can do with it now is turn it into firewood!
ai.jpg
I said I was sorry...
pia.jpg
It's not like we killed your precious desk on purpose, you know.

Pia staggers to her feet, brushing the debris off her clothes. The man glares at her.

ter.jpg
I think I'll turn you two into frogs right now!
ai.jpg
I don't think you can do that.

Figures, another wizard to beat.

pia.jpg
Look, we're really sorry. We didn't mean to do this. Promise.
ter.jpg
That's what you say!

The man glares at us both.

ai.jpg
She speaks the truth!

Pia puts her halter top back in place, then glances at the man again.

pia.jpg
We'll get you a new desk, okay? But, for a start, could you tell us where we are?

The man briefly eyes Pia's breasts.

ter.jpg
In my study, apparently. I don't think I've ever seen you around before. How the hell did you two get here?
ai.jpg
A wizard cast a spell on us.

He shakes his head.

ter.jpg
I'm taking you to Baron Ravenstower. Follow me.
pia.jpg
Ravenstower! That cannot be true! It would mean that we're more than a thousand miles from home!
ai.jpg
But we were just...damn!
ter.jpg
You'll explain yourselves to the Baron. Come.

LP Comment: Oh joy. More detours. This is excellent storytelling. It allows us to delve deeper into a relationship with Pia...surviving hardships together, allowing it to crystallize into something more pure. Fuck.

pia.jpg
Are we under arrest?
ter.jpg
No, though you can be damn sure I'll demand compensation for my desk. Now come.

We walk down a set of stairs and a few twisted corridors, finally reaching a large hall crowded with people. Everybody goes quiet when we enter, curious glances follow us while the wizard leads us to an older man sitting on a big, wooden throne. Baron Ravenstower, I would guess.

02.jpg

The older man eyes Pia and me closely as we approach him. Some of the court attendants follow us, forming a circle around the Baron, Pia, me, and the wizard. The Baron frowns at his wizard.

baron.jpg
What is this, Terek? Why do you bring these two...wenches to me?
ter.jpg
Forgive me, my liege. *He bows* But these women suddenly appeared in my room. Destroying my desk when they did, as I'd like to add.
baron.jpg
Is that so? *The Baron glances at my chest, laughing* Well, I certainly know what I'd have done with this one, had she appeared on MY desk.

He's a perv. What a surprise.

ai.jpg
M'lord.

I curtsy at him.

cap.jpg
I hope you have searched them for weapons before bringing them here?

The man raises an eyebrow at the wizard.

cas.jpg
Search them for weapon! Dear Gods, Captain!

The young man next to the Baron shakes his head in disbelief.

cas.jpg
These two are women! One of the barely old enough to be called an adult!

He points at me.

dana.jpg
So what if they are women?

The blond woman clad in armor gives the young man a disapproving look.

cas.jpg
You know what I mean.
dana.jpg
I'm afraid I do. But looks can be deceiving. I say the Captain is right for being suspicious.

The young woman turns to the Baron and clears his throat.

cas.jpg
Uncle, is that how we welcome visitors from afar to our halls...?
baron.jpg
These are MY halls still, Castias!

The Baron flushes in anger, banging his fist on his throne.

baron.jpg
And I shall welcome these wenches as I see fit.
cas.jpg
I meant no offense, Uncle. But if I'm not mistaken, this young lady here is of noble birth.

I raise an eyebrow at him. He knows? The Baron gives me a casual glance.

baron.jpg
She looks arrogant enough to be one of those noble bitches from the city, that much I give you.

The woman standing a little in the back, wearing a bright dress, whispers something to the man in purple standing next to her.

pia.jpg
M'lord...

Pia drops a deep curtsy, almost sliding her breasts free.

baron.jpg
Ah, this one knows her manners, at least.

The Baron gazes at Pia's charms.

baron.jpg
Well, speak up.
pia.jpg
M'lord, my name is Pia, and she's Aisha. We're from Betancuria, and we have no idea how we got here. Ten minutes ago we were at the Betancuria's Academy, fighting an evil wizard who threatened our lives. With his dying breath, he cast a final spell, which engulfed Aisha and me, sending us into your wizard's room as it seems.
baron.jpg
Hear that, Terek? They fought a wizard. Don't tell me you two are crusaders or wizard hunters.
pia.jpg
I'm a bard, M'lord.
baron.jpg
A bard, indeed? You two look more like those wenches from the Ice Princess who fuck people for money.
ai.jpg
We're no whores.

The Baron sneers at me.

cap.jpg
A wizard sending them here, all the way from Betancuria? With a single spell? I don't buy that, your Lordship.

The blond woman gives us a doubtful look as well. Terek, the wizard, addresses Pia, stroking his chin.

ter.jpg
That spell that has been cast. Describe it to me.
pia.jpg
Well, it all happened very fast, but it looked like a vortex spinning around us. It was yellow in color, as far as I could see.

Terek nods slowly.

ter.jpg
Sounds like an implosion spell. One that went wrong, apparently. I've never heard of an implosion spell behaving like that, but taking into account that teleportation magic include an implosion magic component, it might be possible that the spell that brought you here indeed...
dana.jpg
Wouldn't an implosion spell have killed them, rather?
ter.jpg
It should have, yes. But as I said, this one obviously didn't work like it was intended.
cas.jpg
Fortunately.

The young man smiles at me. I ignore him.

baron.jpg
Whatever. A bard, hm? How about you sing us a song, in that case?
pia.jpg
I'm afraid I do not have my lute with me, M'lord.
baron.jpg
That shouldn't be a problem.

The Baron motions at one of the guards, who leaves the room and returns shortly with a collection of musical instruments.

baron.jpg
There, I'm sure you'll be able to work with one of these.

He sits back on his throne, watching Pia with interest. Pia picks up a lute, nodding slowly.

pia.jpg
This one will do, yes.
baron.jpg
So sing me the bawdiest song you know, bard. I trust you do know bawdy songs?

He smirks.

pia.jpg
Why, yes, I do. Let me think...

She idly plucks the strings of her lute. I listen.

03.jpg

The Baron laughs, applauding.

baron.jpg
Milking and catching birds, eh? Yeah, right! But I enjoyed that song, bard.

He smiles at Pia appreciatively.

pia.jpg
I'm glad you did, M'lord.
baron.jpg
Though I'm sure you can be more bawdy than that. Sing me another! And someone bring me a flagon of wine! What about you? *He points at me* Do you know any bawdy songs as well.
ai.jpg
I'm afraid not, M'lord.
baron.jpg
Bah! *He turns his attention back to Pia* Sing me another one, bard! *He empties his flagon, wiping his mouth* And someone get me more wine!

For the next couple of hours, Pia keeps singing bawdy songs for the Baron, in the end, he's so drunk that he doesn't notice Pia only repeats the last song over and over again. Finally the Baron's head sinks on his chest and his hands fall from his armrests, dangling limply while he begins to snore. The blond woman clears her throat.

dana.jpg
I think it's best if we take my uncle to his rooms. *She looks at the wizard* Terek, would you show our visitors to one of the guestrooms, please?
ter.jpg
Of course, Lady Dana.

Lady Dana nods at us briefly, then picks up her uncle, dragging him from the room with the help of a guard.

ter.jpg
Well, alright. *He motions at Pia and me* Follow me. I'll take you to a room for the night.

The wizard leads us out of the hall, downs a set of stairs and through some corridors. Finally we reach a small, windowless room.

04.jpg

ter.jpg
Okay, you'll here for the night.
pia.jpg
Here? *She looks about* How about a room with two beds?
ter.jpg
You should be glad you get a room with a bed at all.
ai.jpg
Fine, we won't impose on your hospitality. We'll be on our way to Betancuria as soon as possible.
ter.jpg
That may take a while. Snow has begun to fall heavily. It is already about ten feet deep outside, making all the mountain passes impassable. I suppose we'll have to endure your presence until spring.
ai.jpg
Oh that's just great!
pia.jpg
Surely there must be some way to travel south.
ter.jpg
*He shakes his head* I'm afraid no. Ravenstower's like an enclave, surrounded by vast mountains on all its sides. The only ways in and out are the mountain passes to the north and south, and as I said, it's not possible to use them during the winter.
pia.jpg
Blast! But we can't stay here.
ter.jpg
Most likely you don't have any other choice. But it's getting late, and I need to rest. I'm sure everything will be explained to you tomorrow. For now, you'll be two proper ladies and stay in this room until the Baron sends for you. You hear me?

I nod in agreement.

ter.jpg
Good.

He turns around and leaves the room, but I hear him locking the door from the other side.

pia.jpg
Oh darn, trapped in the castle of a lewd Baron a thousand miles from home, and no way out. This is really great.

Pia sighs, sitting down on the bed.

ai.jpg
I don't like that Baron a lot.
pia.jpg
Yes, me neither. Ugly old drunkard. Have you heard of Ravenstower before? Are they perhaps allies to Betancuria?

She gives me a hopeful look. I try my best to recall anything...Hm. Ravenstower. I don't think I've heard of that barony. Which is somewhat disconcerting. My parents made sure that I learned all the names of the lands and nobles of the civilized world. And I don't think that there was a Ravenstower Baron or King or anything amongst them.

So either this Baron just recently came into power, which seems unlikely as I didn't see the signs of a recent battle anywhere in the castle. Or his lands are so tiny that my teachers decided they were negligible. Of course there's also the possibility that we're so far away from Betancuria that my teachers deemed it unnecessary to mention Ravenstower. Maybe they didn't even known it existed! In any case, I'm rather sure Baron Ravenstower was no vassal of my father, King Hussein. I just hope he isn't one of the Dhorn, either..

LP Comment: What is this shit? Why, Valine? Why send us here?!

pia.jpg
Aisha? Is everything alright?

Pia glances at me with a worried expression.

ai.jpg
Oh, yes. Sorry. Just thinking.
pia.jpg
And? Do you know Ravenstower?
ai.jpg
No...
pia.jpg
I only knew the name because it's mentioned in a book I was reading a while ago. It was the story of a group of adventurers seeking the treasures of a giant, white dragon. They apparently passed through Ravenstower, though they only mentioned it was an inhospitable place. There was a map in the book, too. If it's the same Ravenstower we're at right now, we're way up to the north. Even beyond the northern Dhorn border.
ai.jpg
That's not good.
pia.jpg
*She sighs* No, not at all. Besides, I don't think the Baron would let us go. He probably thinks we're the perfect diversion for his long winter evenings.
ai.jpg
We'll have to sneak off in that case.
pia.jpg
I've been thinking about that, too. But not tonight. *She stifles a yawn* Sorry. It's been a long day.
ai.jpg
Let's get some rest.
pia.jpg
*She nods* I'm too tired to come up with a good plan right now. *She makes herself comfortable on the floor*
ai.jpg
Why are you sitting on the floor?
pia.jpg
Well, there's only one bed.
ai.jpg
Don't be silly. There's enough room for two in it.
pia.jpg
*She gives the bed a doubtful look* It's really small, and there's only a single blanket.
ai.jpg
We're not that big.
pia.jpg
Well, okay...

I keep my clothes on and lie down, trying to make myself comfortable. Pia eyes the bed dubiously once more, then takes off her shoes and stretches herself out next to me. The bed is really tiny and not exactly comfortable, but at least it feels clean, and the blanket covers us both.

pia.jpg
Well, good night then, Aisha...

She blows out the candle light.

ai.jpg
Good night, Pia.

I feel her shifting, probably trying to find a comfortable position, then she lies still. The room is all silent but for her soft breathing, and my own.

LP Comment: We're not pursuing a lesbian romance. No. No. No.

05.jpg

I wake when somebody opens the door to our room and walks in. It's Terek, the wizard. Pia blinks sleepily and yawns.

ter.jpg
Good morning, ladies.
ai.jpg
You could've knocked.
ter.jpg
Baron Ravenstower wishes to speak to you. Come.

Terek leads us up to the Baron's room. The Baron sits behind a huge wooden desk, a wet cloth draped across his forehead.

06.jpg

ter.jpg
Here I bring the two girls, M'lord. *He bows*

The Baron nods, putting the wet cloth away, then gazes at Pia's chest, his expression brightening visibly.

pia.jpg
Good morning, M'lord.

Pia drops a quick curtsy. I do the same as well. The Baron addresses the wizard.

baron.jpg
Well, Terek? Did you find out anything new?
ter.jpg
I did some research, M'lord. And it only affirms me in my belief that it is an accident that the two girls are here.
baron.jpg
Hm. That accident has provided us with some pretty women, at the very least. *He glances at Pia* Nevertheless, I'd like to hear the whole story again, Pia.
pia.jpg
Of course, M'lord.

She gives him a summary of the events at the academy, our fight with the wizard, and the spell that was cast on us with his dying breath. The Baron props his chin on his hand, listening with interest.

baron.jpg
And why had that wizard put you in that cage, bard?
pia.jpg
He was a pervert, notorious for snatching people off the street, in most cases never to be seen again. I had been looking for him, but when I found his hideout, he managed to take me by surprise.

The Baron raises his eyebrow.

baron.jpg
Did he violate you?

LP Comment: Does the pope shit in the woods?

pia.jpg
Uh, no, he didn't.
baron.jpg
So your young friend here rescued you just in time, hm?

The Baron smiles at me.

pia.jpg
Yes, she did.
baron.jpg
Interesting. Especially as she doesn't exactly look like a guard or something.

I remain silent.

baron.jpg
You're not going to tell me it was pure chance that you found the bard in the wizard's cage, I hope?
ai.jpg
A friend of Pia's and mine suspected she was in the Academy, so I went to look.
baron.jpg
This all rings hollow. A wizard holding people captive in a cage, perhaps even torturing them, and nobody at your Academy would have heard their cries and pleas?
pia.jpg
Betancuria's Academy has been closed down a few months ago, M'lord. The building stands, empty, more or less.

The Baron leans back on his chair.

baron.jpg
And what are you planning to do now?
pia.jpg
We were hoping to travel back to Betancuria as soon as possible, M'lord.
baron.jpg
On foot? Do you know that it is a journey of over a thousand miles?
pia.jpg
We do, yes.
ter.jpg
I already told them that the passes will be inaccessible for months yet, M'lord.

The Baron nods, glancing at Pia.

baron.jpg
You're not going anywhere, for the moment. It looks like you'll be my guests for a while.
ai.jpg
M'lord, we'll of course gladly pay for our safe return to Betancuria, if necessary.
baron.jpg
It's not the question of money.
pia.jpg
We've each got a family at Betancuria which relies on us, M'lord. We can't stay.
baron.jpg
Are you married, bard? I don't see a ring on your finger. And neither one on hers.
pia.jpg
I'm not married, no.
baron.jpg
Well, I cannot force you to stay at my castle, of course. However, it seems unlikely that my people are going to help you out if they hear that you refused to be my guests. And as there's currently no way out of my Barony, I'd say you would be wise to stay on my good side.
pia.jpg
We of course wouldn't wish to anger you, M'lord.
baron.jpg
Good. *He folds his hands over his belly* I offer you this, I'll assign one of my rangers to you, who'll help you cross one of the passes as soon as the weather allows it. In return, you'll stay with me and entertain me with your singing and your other...talents that I'm sure I'll find most satisfying.

That pig! He smiles, glancing pointedly at Pia's breasts. Pia blushes, then gives me an unsure look.

ai.jpg
You have no right to ask that!
baron.jpg
The same goes for you as well, of course.
ai.jpg
No way.
baron.jpg
*He flushes with anger* You DARE saying that to my face? I'll have your tongue removed for that!
pia.jpg
No, M'lord, please! I agree, but please do not hurt Aisha. She has been raped not so long ago. Please do not ask this of her.
baron.jpg
Raped, huh? *He eyes me coldly* Serves her right, big mouth she has.
ai.jpg
Fuck you.
pia.jpg
Shh! *Pia interrupts me, whispering* Don't anger him, Aisha. He'll never let us go if we-

The Baron bangs his fist on the table.

baron.jpg
You wenches will NOT speak under your breath in my presence!
pia.jpg
I'm sorry, Milord.
baron.jpg
I tire of this. Play me a couple of songs now, bard.
pia.jpg
Yes, M'lord.
baron.jpg
Not here. Come.

He motions for her to follow him. I watch helplessly as that pig take Pia into his room. No doubt he wish to ravish her.

07.jpg

The wizard leaves. As soon as the door closes behind him, the guards approach me with hungry looks on their faces.

08.jpg

guard.jpg
Well, looks like the Baron and the bard are going to busy for a while. So, what do you think we should do in the meantime, little girl...?

The man smirks, glancing at my chest.

ai.jpg
I am NOT going to do anything with you, that's for sure.
guard.jpg
The North is such a cold place...*He sheathes his weapon, then runs his fingers along my arm* How about you warm us a bit...?
ai.jpg
Forget it. Leave me alone.
guard.jpg
And if we don't? I don't think calling the guards will work for you, little slut. *He laughs*
ai.jpg
Maybe not, but I'll cut off your prick.
guard.jpg
Tsk tsk. What kind of behavior is that? Threatening the guard? You WILL spend the next couple of weeks on your back, and you're not going to have a say in it. What you CAN choose is whether you'll give it to us willingly or whether you'll be tired to the stocks.
ai.jpg
Fuck you.
guard.jpg
A little hot headed, huh? I'm so going to enjoy making you squirm. We're going to wait and see if the Baron wants you first, but as soon as he's done with you...

Suddenly, Pia bursts into the room, naked!

09.jpg

pia.jpg
The Baron! He...he's dead!

The guards quickly enter the Baron's chambers to investigate. I tell Pia to dress up before they return.

10.jpg

The guards return, pointing their swords at us.

guard.jpg
What did you do to the Baron?
pia.jpg
He...he asked me to undress, and then I was supposed to play a song for him...But when I picked up my lute, I suddenly heard a choking noise from behind me, and when I turned around to look, the Baron was on the floor, thrashing about wildly. And then he was dead.
ai.jpg
Oh, shit. Are you sure he's dead?
pia.jpg
Yes..his heart didn't beat and ...he soiled himself.
guard.jpg
We don't believe a word of that bullshit! Baron Ravenstower is...was ...a healthy man in his prime! And the last we've seen of him was when you went into his bedroom together!

The man points his sword at Pia.

pia.jpg
Please, I didn't do anything! You have to believe me!
ai.jpg
Too late, Pia. Here they come!

10a.jpg

The guards swings his sword at Pia, I quickly parried his blow away and strikes at his chest. Pia recovered from her shock and joined the fight.

11.jpg

It's over. The two guards lay dead on the carpet. We're in trouble now...

pia.jpg
I cannot believe this.

She glances about and shakes her head while she wipes some blood off her arm.

ai.jpg
Don't say you're sorry that this pig is dead.
pia.jpg
No, not exactly, but ...I don't know what to think. Damn, damn it!
ai.jpg
We'd better clean this up and get out of here as quickly as possible...
pia.jpg
Yes...the others will discover what's happened, and they'll blame us. We've also killed two guardsmen...I..I cannot say how sorry I am.

She gives me a miserable look.

ai.jpg
It wasn't your fault...
pia.jpg
It was. This all only happened because I let that stupid wizard catch me...
ai.jpg
No, please, don't blame yourself. Let's just get out of here in one piece, and back home, okay?

She calms down and nod. I grab a tower shield from the dead guard and pass it to Pia.

12.jpg

The enter the Baron's chamber to examine his body. Finding no wounds on him. He's really dead. I snag his gold necklace and ring before leaving his body alone.

13.jpg

As we turn to leave, we found a secret door.

pia.jpg
A secret door, in the back of the Baron's private quarters? How strange.
ai.jpg
Maybe it's a secret route of escape?
pia.jpg
Perhaps, I wonder where it leads to.

14.jpg

Unfortunately the door hides no escape. Only treasures to be head.

15.jpg

I pick the first chest and eye the gold within.

pia.jpg
You want to take that money?
ai.jpg
You bet.
pia.jpg
Well, I suppose the Baron won't need those coins anymore.

We cleaned the secret vault and found some magic items within.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Sastisfied, we make our way down.

17.jpg

Rushing down the stairs, I almost bump into the young man named Castias, who is accompanied by three guards!

cas.jpg
Oops, sorry. Uhm, is everything alright? I heard shouts, and something breaking.
ai.jpg
Shit!

I reach for my weapons.

pia.jpg
The Baron is dead! But we didn't do anything to him, you have to believe us. Please!

LP Comment: What the fuck, you stupid cow!

cas.jpg
What?! Dead? But how...? You must be kidding!
pia.jpg
See for yourself, he's upstairs...in his...bedroom.

Castias nods briefly and runs up the stairs. The guards point their weapon at us, willing us to follow after Castias.

LP Comment: Cutscene paralysis. Bull fucking shit.

18.jpg

cas.jpg
Oh, dear Gods, no...

Castias kneels beside the Baron, carefully running his hand over the Baron's chest. Suddenly the rest of the royal court rushes into the bedroom!

19.jpg

cap.jpg
What in the nine hells is going on here?!
dana.jpg
Noooo!!!!!

The blond woman runs up to the Baron, kneeling next to him as well.

cas.jpg
I'm not sure what happened. I heard shouts...
tim.jpg
Oh my God! Is he hurt?
claire.jpg
I'm sure he's just lying there for your entertainment, dear.

The man sniffs at the woman. Terek bends over the baron's body, examining him briefly, then shakes his head.

ter.jpg
He's dead. His heart isn't beating. But I see no wounds that may have caused his death.
dana.jpg
Okay, will somebody explain to me what is going on here?
cas.jpg
As I said, I heard shouts, and when I was about to see what they were about I bumped into the two girls...
ai.jpg
We didn't do anything to the Baron.

Lady Dana slowly stands up, turning an icy glare at Pia and me.

dana.jpg
I think it is about time you two explain yourselves.
pia.jpg
I already explained...Baron Ravenstower wanted me to join him in his bedroom. I was told to sing him a song, but when I picked up my lute I heard a choking sound behind me. He was on the floor, thrashing and kicking. Then he lay still. I have no idea why he died.
cap.jpg
Why would you turn your back on his Lordship, bard?
pia.jpg
He, uhm...He had asked me to undress myself, and he wanted to see my butt...
tim.jpg
That's outrageous! His Lordship would never do such a thing!
dana.jpg
Actually, that sounds exactly like what he would do, Timin. And where were you when that happened.
ai.jpg
I was in the Baron's office.
dana.jpg
Doing what?
ai.jpg
Just waiting, I wasn't invited into his bedroom.
cap.jpg
And how do you explain that my men who were guarding the Baron are dead?
pia.jpg
We tried to explain that we didn't harm him...We'd have gladly surrendered but they didn't listen! They tried to kill us!
dana.jpg
Take them to their room. And guard them well.

20.jpg

pia.jpg
Well, that didn't go so bad. At least they didn't outright kill us.
ai.jpg
I wish I share your optimism.
pia.jpg
Lady Dana makes a rather sensible impression. I just wish we hadn't taken the Baron's stuff from his secret room. That's going to make the whole thing look bad.
ai.jpg
I don't think it's going to matter much if they decide that we're responsible for his death.
pia.jpg
Probably not. Oh well. Guess all we can do at the moment is sit and wait.

I lie down on the bed to rest. This is a disaster! We should've escaped! Stupid wizard spell!

The guards wake us in the morning and after a brief breakfast of dry bread and cheese, we are escorted to the castle's main hall. All the nobles are already there, their faces serious.

21.jpg

Lady Dana gazes at us for a few moments before she speaks.

dana.jpg
Baron Ravenstower remains dead. All our efforts to reanimate him were in vain.
pia.jpg
We are very sorry for your loss M'lady.
dana.jpg
We still do not know what caused his demise. Terek has examined the body, but there are no wounds. No clues. Nothing.
ai.jpg
Nothing at all?
dana.jpg
We cannot prove that it was you two who killed the Baron. On the other hand it is a strange coincidence that you show up right at this time. Even more so as you were the last ones to be with the Baron before he died.
ai.jpg
But we didn't kill him!

She raises her hand.

dana.jpg
That is not up to us to decide. We have also found evidence that you broke into Baron Ravenstower's private rooms and stole some of his belongings.
pia.jpg
We panicked and didn't know what we did....

LP Comment: Right...

tim.jpg
Liars!
dana.jpg
It is custom to burn the murderer of a nobleman together with his victim. However, as nobody actually has seen you commit the deed, your fate will be put into the hands of the Gods.
pia.jpg
*She whispers* Somehow I don't like the sound of that...
ai.jpg
Me neither.
dana.jpg
Two weeks ago, our soldiers have caught a giant ice wyrm that was preying upon our cattle. You will enter the beast's pit and battle it.

LP Comment: What God? It's a fucking wyrm fight!

dana.jpg
Should you prevail, we will take that as a sign of the Gods that you are innocent, indeed. If not, we shall consider your deaths a just punishment.

What kind of trial is this? Pia gives me an unsure look.

dana.jpg
Will you accept this verdict?
ai.jpg
Do we have a choice?
dana.jpg
The alternative would be to be burnt at the stake.

Fucking zealots.

ai.jpg
That's not really an alternative.
dana.jpg
So be it. You will be taken to the beast's pit right away.

They take us out of the castle and into the castle yard where a couple of horses are already waiting. Pia and I are put on two separate horses, wit ha guard mounted behind each of us, and off we go.

22.jpg

There's an icy wind blowing firmly, and by the time we reach our destination, my fingers and toes are numb with cold. We dismount, and the guards lead Pia and me to a pit with a huge reptilian creature in it.

24.jpg

Lady Dana points at the creature.

dana.jpg
This is the ice wyrm I had spoken of. It will determine your fate.

LP Comment: A persuade check to declare myself Princess of Betancuria and is therefore immune from this trial...or silently go into battle...Hmmmmmm.

I remain silent.

dana.jpg
Any last words?
ai.jpg
We are innocent. No matter how this battle ends.
dana.jpg
You are getting a fair chance to prove your innocence. It is more than most people who find themselves in your position get.
pia.jpg
*She glances at the ice wyrm* Yeah, thanks sooo much.
dana.jpg
Cast them down.

23.jpg

Looks like this is it...

23a.jpg

Norfleet

Should be easy, however you do it. You've got full loadout. Just cloak, deploy mines, and then let them do their thing. Unless you've already managed to piss it off.

shia luck

Novice
Erebus said:
Fucking version 1.69 won't work with fucking Windows Vista, grumble grumble grumble...

Breaking Axe said:
The game's modular, you should be able to just copy and paste the game folder without any issue. Just be aware that it might periodically crash under win 7, which averages out around every 2 hours.

RK47 said:
Oh, I think I might be upgrading my system tower to Win7 ..I hope NWN works well in the new OS, fingers crossed. I got two PC towers though, so if things go wrong with Win7...I'll just unplug and switch back. Wish me luck bros!

:salute:

install guide for win7 and vista

Have fun :)

lightbane

Arcane
So, do these guys keep a dragon here on purpose to "judge" the suspects? What happens if the suspect wins? Do they buy another wyrm from somewhere else?

RK47

Patron
They should use this kind of judgment for MMORPG bannings..toss that guy into an endless 30 minute spawn of monsters that inflict 5% exp loss upon death.

Survive...and you return to the game.

Fail...and enjoy your ban.

Norfleet

lightbane said:
So, do these guys keep a dragon here on purpose to "judge" the suspects? What happens if the suspect wins? Do they buy another wyrm from somewhere else?
I don't think they actually thought that far ahead. The normally, realistic expectation is that the suspect is eaten.

Lindblum

Augur
RK47 said:
They should use this kind of judgment for MMORPG bannings..toss that guy into an endless 30 minute spawn of monsters that inflict 5% exp loss upon death.

Survive...and you return to the game.

Fail...and enjoy your ban.

Hit level cap> Drop down to Lv1 > Kill new players in PvP awesome!

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

I hold my breath and gesture at Pia to follow me.

25.jpg

A frontal attack would be suicidal.

26.jpg

Pia will wait for my signal to attack, while I move ahead to lay some traps.

27.jpg

As I bend over to lay a second trap, I realize I've dropped out of stealth, and the ice wyrm launches itself at me!

28.jpg

The wyrm let loose its icy breath and I roll out out of harm, just barely.

29.jpg

Can't run from this...It'll spot Pia if I run south. Time to make a stand. I clasp my hand and cast a blessing, ready for battle.

30.jpg

The wyrm triggers two of the fire traps and howls in pain. From the corner of my eye, I spot Pia rushing onward, ignoring my instruction completely!

LP Comment: Fucking AI doesn't know how to retreat.

31.jpg

She bought me some time and held her Tower Shield to repel the wyrm's mighty claws.

32.jpg

The ice wyrm ignores her and swipes at me, tearing another wound on my back. Wincing in pain, I slip on Hyath's ring and activates it blessing to gain some ground before stopping.

33.jpg

Been saving this...

34.jpg

Take this!

35.jpg

And this! The ice wyrm howls in pain and turns its attention to Pia. Not good. She won't last. I lower the rod and step in close, weapons drawn.

36.jpg

Multiple stabs on its back, and still it wouldn't turn on me. Pia chugs another restorative potion, barely surviving.

37.jpg

Just die already!

38.jpg

The final pillar of flame dissipates, and the wyrm collapse...slightly toasted.

39.jpg

I slash at the drake's torso and let the blood run down from my blade. I quickly collect it with a vial as a momento. This wyrm has no treasure to speak of.

40.jpg

pia.jpg
Oh dear Gods, we've managed to slay the beast! Hoooray for us!

I take a couple of deep breaths. That was too close...

LP Comment: Indeed. Pia could've been dead, we can still move on without her, but...it hurts the narrative a bit.

pia.jpg
I've got to admit I almost wet my panties when I saw that thing charging at us.
ai.jpg
Oops. Did you?
pia.jpg
I said *almost*

She giggles.

pia.jpg
In any case, I'll have to write a song about this battle!
ai.jpg
What's the title?
pia.jpg
Two girls and an Ice Wyrm? Ah, no, that's too boring. Hm. Perhaps 'Pia's Dance with the Ice Wyrm.' A little self promotion can't hurt.
ai.jpg
I can't wait to hear it.
pia.jpg
Flatterer!

The tension dissipates and I slowly make my way back to the ladder.

41.jpg

I gaze at the crowd atop the ledge. Lady Dana nods and beckon me to come up.

42.jpg

dana.jpg
The Gods have spoken. You have defeated the wyrm, thus you are free.
ai.jpg
Thank you, Lady Dana.
dana.jpg
From now on, you will be on your own. You may not have killed the Baron, but you have brought great grief to the barony. We will have nothing to do with you.

LP Comment: I thought we're innocent after killing the wyrm?

ai.jpg
You're not going to help us get home?
dana.jpg
No. As I said, you are of no concern to us anymore. *She looks at Captain Ashald* Let us ride home, Captain.

The attending crowd mount their horses and slowly ride off. We get a few doubtful glances, but nobody questions Lady Dana's orders.

pia.jpg
So far so good. The question is, how do we get home now?
ai.jpg
They're not going to help us.
pia.jpg
Yes. I say we check out those mountain passes the Baron spoke of, see if they are indeed impassable.
ai.jpg
That thought occurred to me as well.
pia.jpg
But first, we need directions. And perhaps warmer clothes. Brr, this is freezing cold.

She pulls her clothes tightly around herself. I shiver slightly and follow the path back to Ravenstower.

01.jpg

pia.jpg
Oh, I'm freezing cold and would die for a warm fire!
ai.jpg
Yeah, a warm fire wouldn't be so bad.
pia.jpg
And some people willingly spend their days between all these trees and rocks and snow and what else there is in the wilderness? I don't get it.
ai.jpg
Me neither.
pia.jpg
Look...a village.

She points at the collection of houses that can be spotted in the fog.

ai.jpg
Thank goodness.
pia.jpg
The guards sports the colors of Castle Ravenstower.
ai.jpg
You think they'll stop us?
pia.jpg
Could be. In that case let's hope Lady Dana has informed them that we're innocent.
ai.jpg
Keep your weapons ready, just in case.

Pia nods and follow my steps closely to Ravenstower's gates.

02.jpg

guard.jpg
Greetings. State your business.
ai.jpg
We'd like to enter the city, please.
guard.jpg
For what purpose?
ai.jpg
We're looking for an inn to stay at.
guard.jpg
The only inn in town is the Ice Princess. Down the street and to the right. But it's not exactly a place for the ladies.

Now what does he mean by that? Ah well, I don't care. As long it has a warm fire...

03.jpg

The guard opens the gate and lets us in before closing it again.

LP Comment: This part of the module scripting is pretty messed up, accidental click on the gates? Guards go hostile. And the loading part of this module is very, very long. The area is badly split up. If Ravenstower is a DLC, it's very poor compared to Hyath's Temple, not to mention the linear solution. You'll see.

04.jpg

The guards patrol the streets, but they don't seem to mind us wielding our weapons. Unlike the Dhorn. A short walk into the city, we find the Ice Princess. That heart shaped signage outside is peculiar.

05.jpg

We step inside, glad for the warming fire within.

pia.jpg
Aisha, did you see the sign outside? I believe this tavern is actually a brothel.
ai.jpg
I saw it, yes.
pia.jpg
This seems to be the only tavern in town however. I'm just not sure if I want to rent a bed here.
ai.jpg
I'll think about it.
pia.jpg
Well, let's see. I hope they've got food in here at least. I'd die for a bowl of warm soup.

I step closer to the bar counter.

06.jpg

The innkeeper is a middle-aged man. His eyes are deep-set, and a thick beard covers his square jaw. He looks at me with a friendly, curious expression when I approach him.

bar.jpg
Hey there, you pretty girls! Don' think I've seen you around before! *He smiles brightly, his gaze lingering on Pia's breasts*
pia.jpg
That's right, we're not from here. You run this establishment?
bar.jpg
Yeah, Dandy's my name, and I own the Ice Princess.
pia.jpg
That's an interesting painting you've got there.

Pia nods at the painting adorning the wall behind the innkeeper.

bar.jpg
Yeah, present from one of my former girlfriends. Shows her best feature. Like it?
pia.jpg
So this is her way of saying 'kiss my ass'?
bar.jpg
Hehehe, I don't really care. *He studies Pia briefly* Say, you aren't by chance the bard who gave that magnificent performance at the castle two days ago? Singing bawdy songs and all?
pia.jpg
I guess, yes.
bar.jpg
Wanna give another performance at the Ice Princess? He points at the stage at the center of the room* I'll pay you fifty gold coins per evening. A hundred if you take off your blouse.
pia.jpg
I think not. Thanks for the offer.
bar.jpg
Pity... But if you change your mind... *He smiles at Pia* So what can I do for you two lovely young ladies?
ai.jpg
Is it true that there's no way to leave the Barony at the moment?
bar.jpg
Aye, I'd say so, and for a good while to come yet. Lots of snow already, and it's still early in the season. Why do you ask? Where are you from?
ai.jpg
Betancuria.
bar.jpg
I see. You're quite a long way from home, huh?
ai.jpg
Yes, and we'd really like to get home as soon as possible.
bar.jpg
Yeah, I bet. You chose an odd time to visit. Most travelers don't stay for the winter. The winds and the cold are too rough for their fragile bones, I guess.
ai.jpg
So we'll have to wait until spring in order to make the way south?
bar.jpg
'Fraid so. None of the local folks venture up into the mountain anymore. Although. *He scratches his ear* There's them treasure hunters over there. *He points at three men sitting around a table in the back of the bar* They're still going up from time to time. Dwarf lost two toes to the cold a week ago, though, so I can't say if they've changed their mind now. But if you're looking for a guide, those guys are probably your best bet right now.
ai.jpg
I'll talk to them. Thank you.
bar.jpg
Sure thing, lass. But be careful. They're a rough bunch.

Just three? We've faced a wyrm before. They look rather bored, but when I approach them, their faces brighten up.

07.jpg

dwarf.jpg
Ah, now that's a lovely sight!

The dwarf grins widely.

don.jpg
Don't get your hopes up, Lef. I doubt these chicks will spread their legs for you.
pia.jpg
Yuck, the very thought of is...
ai.jpg
We're no harlots!

I slam the table.

dwarf.jpg
Ha! A girl who hasn't been mounted dwarven style doesn't know what she's missing!
rogue.jpg
I'd say she'd know exactly that, my small friend.
dwarf.jpg
Do you want to insult me, you pitiful excuse of a porridge eating pussy?
rogue.jpg
Far from it. I only want to save you the girl's pitiful glances.
dwarf.jpg
Ha! I'll wager she'll look quite differently when I put my big mean dong into her!
rogue.jpg
Like that?

The man sniffs and wrinkles his nose.

dwarf.jpg
You don't smell any better, you stinking mucus-oozing puke-for-brains!

The man who seems to be the leader of the group glances at me apologetically.

don.jpg
Forgive their manners. Lefur's lost two toes to the cold last week, and he's been in a bad mood ever since.
ai.jpg
Understandable.
rogue.jpg
You'd think he lost his cock, the way he fusses over his toes. I understand dwarves cocks and toes are of the same size, but still...
dwarf.jpg
Shut up, you witless lice-ridden snotling-fondler!
don.jpg
So what do you want, girl?
ai.jpg
The innkeeper told me that you were treasure hunters, and that you still venture up into the mountains every now and then...
dwarf.jpg
Yep! Treasure hunters, we be!

The dwarf grins widely, glancing at my groin.

ai.jpg
Don't look at me like that, dwarf.
don.jpg
Gee, Lef, could you stop thinking with your cock for just a second? Sorry, why are you interested in what we do?
ai.jpg
We're looking for a way to leave the Barony before spring.
don.jpg
Really. *He gives me a suspicious look* Why? You've got trouble with the local authorities?
ai.jpg
No. We just want to return home.
rogue.jpg
We should turn them over to the guards, Don. Might be worth something.
don.jpg
Hm. *He strokes his chin*
dwarf.jpg
Ah come on, guys, how cheap would that be? *He turns to me, grinning* Fear not, pretty one. You're totally safe with uncle Lef. *He pinches my bottom!*
ai.jpg
Hey!

I slap his arm away.

dwarf.jpg
Hehehe. I like them fiery ones!

Don leans back in his chain, crossing his arm behinds his head.

don.jpg
We do know the barony pretty well by now. There might be a way, bu it's dangerous, and really hard to find. If you want us to be your guide, it's gonna cost you a quite lot of money.
ai.jpg
How much?
don.jpg
Twenty thousand, and we'll take you across the mountains.
ai.jpg
You've got to be kidding!
don.jpg
As I've said, it's a long and dangerous trip. We might each lose more than two toes if we accompany you through the storms.

Sigh, it's a steep price, but I doubt the guards or anyone else would help us in this barony.

ai.jpg
Okay, I agree.
don.jpg
You've got the money?
ai.jpg
Yes, I do.
don.jpg
Show me.

I open my pouch and let the man have a look. He gives me a satisfied nod.

don.jpg
Okay, that's good.
ai.jpg
I'll pay you once we've crossed the mountains.
don.jpg
Okay, sure. But we should leave right away. I heard the innkeeper saying there was a storm about to come up in a few hours. We should be sheltered in the woods when it hits the plains.
ai.jpg
Another storm? Is that really wise?
don.jpg
Yes, trust me. Come on guys, we'll set off immediately.

The three joins and walks out of the Ice Princess with us.

08.jpg

don.jpg
Okay, we'll leave the village and follow the road north until we reach a bridge.

09.jpg

We set forth northwards out of the town.

10.jpg

don.jpg
Okay. see the path that leads north? We'll follow it deeper into the woods now.

11.jpg

The group moves steadily into the northern woods. More snow greets us, I'm starting to get worried about the coming storm when suddenly...

12.jpg

pia.jpg
Aisha, it's an ambush!

Damn!

13.jpg

I dodge Don's longsword and rush towards Pia's side. She's being attacked from both directions by the dwarf and the rogue.

14.jpg

I plunge my two weapons at the rogue's back, he screams in agony as Pia fends off both the dwarf and the leader at once. I pull out my weapons and kick away the dead rogue's corpse.

15.jpg

The leader's next. His knees bent, as blood flow onto the white snow.

16.jpg

The lone dwarf never stand a chance.

pia.jpg
They probably never intended to help us, just wanted to murder us and take our money. Gods, I should have seen that coming.
ai.jpg
Well, they're dead now. Help me search their bodies for anything valuable.
pia.jpg
Well, they paid the price. But we're not a single step closer to getting home.
ai.jpg
Perhaps this road leads across the mountain after all...
pia.jpg
I doubt it, but let's see.

17.jpg

Pia's right. To my frustration, there's no path through. We return to the original path and try following another trail.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Looks like there's another passage up the mountains...

20.jpg

As we follow the trail upwards, a breath of cold air caught us both. I fear another wyrm, instead a pack of winter wolves greet us.

21.jpg

Pests.

pia.jpg
Wolves roaming the roads, this truly is a wild land. A cold, wild land, to be specific.
ai.jpg
Can't say I like all this snow.
pia.jpg
So true.

We continue the climb up and spot a cabin at a distance.

22.jpg

Seeking shelter, I push the door and go inside. A middle-aged man clad in studded leather armor points his sword at me as soon as I step through the door.

23.jpg

man.jpg
Okay. Hold it right there.
ai.jpg
We mean no harm..
pia.jpg
Is that how you welcome travelers into your house?
man.jpg
Just being careful. Who are you? And what do you want from me?
ai.jpg
We're headed for the Pass of the Raven. Is this the right way?
man.jpg
Yeah, I guess. But you won't get anywhere. Snow's over fifteen feet deep already. And it's dragon season.
ai.jpg
What? Dragons?
man.jpg
Yeah. They come out once the mountains are deserted by mankind. Usually stay away from humans, but who's to say what a hungry one might think should it spot such a delicious little bite like you two.

He gives us a mean smile.

ai.jpg
Perhaps it would be nice and fly us home.
man.jpg
Don't believe me, eh? Well, see for yourselves.
ai.jpg
Could we rest here for tonight?
man.jpg
No.
ai.jpg
Never mind then.

He points at the door.

man.jpg
There's the way out.

We exit the cabin without any reservation. What an asshole.

pia.jpg
Now that was a sterling example of a helpful citizen.
ai.jpg
Stupid ugly dog-fucker.
pia.jpg
Problem is, what do we do if that man was right and there ARE dragons up in those mountains?
ai.jpg
You don't truly believe his story about dragons, do you?
pia.jpg
Well...I've heard all sorts of stories in my life. Could be that he was just saying that just to scare us. Could also be that he spoke the truth.
ai.jpg
What can you tell me about dragons?
pia.jpg
They're legendary creatures, usually depicted as huge, fire-breathing, scaly and horned beings, with leathery wings, four legs and a long, muscular tail. Most stories portray them as evil, though a few claim there are also good-natured dragons. Sometimes they're intelligent creatures who can talk, sometimes they're just dangerous predators. Oh, and a dragon's blood is often to have magical properties.Typically, a dragon protects a cavern or castle filled with gold and treasure.
ai.jpg
I wouldn't mind finding some treasure.
pia.jpg
Me neither. But the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that the people who've made up those stories have seen creatures like the ice wyrm we've fought, and turned them into dragons. I mean, an ice wyrm is a dangerous thing, but in the end it's just a giant serpent. And nothing magical about it.
ai.jpg
And we've killed one of those before. We should be fine.
pia.jpg
Ice wyrms or not, I won't allow anyone to lay hands on you. I'd rather die, if necessary.
ai.jpg
Nobody's going to die, Pia.
pia.jpg
So, on we go?
ai.jpg
Yes..I just wish we had a place to rest nearby.
pia.jpg
Right. What a jerk.

24.jpg

No reason to stop. We head to higher grounds until...

25.jpg

Err...is that what I think it is? The large form spots us, and abandon its meal as it takes to the skies. Pia stares up at the skies in shock.

pia.jpg
Oh. Dear. Gods.
ai.jpg
That's...no ice wyrm.

She nods slowly.

ai.jpg
Let's hope it had enough meat and doesn't come back.
pia.jpg
Yes...but it's probably best if we try to stay under the trees while we're up here. That way we cannot be attacked from above.
ai.jpg
Right...

26.jpg

I eye the stag's corpse warily. A living dragon, here? Just our luck! We continue the climb, eager to avoid the dragon.

27.jpg

This seems to be as far up the pass as one might get at the moment. Huge drifts of snow cover the surroundings, making it impossible to follow the way any further.

pia.jpg
Dead end. But I suppose that was to be expected.

Pia glances about critically, brushing some snow off her shoulder.

ai.jpg
I won't give up that easily, Pia.
pia.jpg
Right, let's look around a bit. There ight be some way around these piles of snow.
ai.jpg
Yes, let's.

28.jpg

Oh, look! A cave! We quickly search for a path to get to the entrance.

29.jpg

pia.jpg
Hm, looks like this has been a mine or something. Though this place cannot have seen any workers for years. Look how thick the trees are growing around the entrance.
ai.jpg
Seems abandoned.
pia.jpg
Should we check it out anyway?
ai.jpg
Yes, let's I'm curious what we'll find there.

30.jpg

A hostile crag cat bares its fang at us as we enter. We dispatch it easily.

31.jpg

I raid the mine storehouse and found a few bottles of explosives.

32.jpg

The mine is completely abandoned...let's see what's down this well...

33.jpg

Empty, except for...these tracks..

34.jpg

A secret passage! I search the corpse, ignoring his rusty weapon and armor. Only his journal seem to survive the ages.

35.jpg

pia.jpg
Looks like that man was a member of a dragon hunting part. One with a lot of bad luck, at that. Hm. You know what that means?
ai.jpg
That we're about to enter the lair of a dragon?
pia.jpg
We might want to be extra careful if we decide to move on...

36.jpg

Looks like the adventurers were trapped by this cave in. I could see several corpses underneath the rubble. I tell Pia to step back as I place an explosive charge.

37.jpg

38.jpg

The explosion clears the rubble, I examine the bodies underneath.

39.jpg

What's this rod?

pia.jpg
Oh wow, now that's a one powerful rod we've just found! If I'm not mistaken, it can be used to bring people back from the dead! Well, if they're not too badly damaged, anyway. It won't work on a skeleton or some person who's been burnt.
ai.jpg
Really?
pia.jpg
Yes! That's an amazing item! Its former owner must have been a very powerful person. Maybe a high-ranking priest or priestess.
ai.jpg
And now it belongs to us!
pia.jpg
Right. We should take great care of this rod. Imagine what we could do with it!

I nod at her. Placing it carefully into my pack. With this...I can save those killed during the struggle...but some may be beyond help...Tarleth...Caron...

40.jpg

One of the corpse carry a mithril chainmail, Pia gets it.

41.jpg

The ominous cavern ahead is carved into the likeness of a dragon. We crept forward carefully.

42.jpg

It's....dead? I sigh in relief. Pia lets off a nervous chuckle.

pia.jpg
Looks like the dragon is long dead...
ai.jpg
Yes...
pia.jpg
I know I should be glad that it's not a danger to us anymore, but, somehow, I can't help but feel disappointed. I mean, this is just a huge pile of bones.
ai.jpg
Let's not forget there's another dragon out there, and that one seemed pretty much alive.
pia.jpg
Right. But obviously, this isn't its lair. *She look about* No treasure either. Nothing.
ai.jpg
Maybe it's hidden somewhere...
pia.jpg
Let's have a look, but afterward I'd like to go back to the city. It's getting a bit cold...a warm bath and bed would be nice.
ai.jpg
You don't want to keep searching for a mountain pass?
pia.jpg
I doubt there's anything out there but snow.

Pia shrugs. I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope as well. No point forcing searching further. Maybe we're stuck in Ravenstower for a long time. We finished searching the cave and came up empty-handed. We make our way back to Ravenstower, cold and miserable.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Erebus said:
Then came the excessively long sex scene with Pia. Well, okay, I can deal with that once in a while.

Then I decided to hook my princess up with Tony and spent the next 10 minutes watching her trying on dresses... And after that, I spent at least 15 more minutes reading a succession of sex scenes...

Wait for part 2, with the thrilling 10-minute uninteractive cutscene featuring your character standing in a cage and someone delivering one irrelevant line of filler dialogue every two minutes. Edge of the seat stuff.

Cassidy

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Erebus said:

Wait for part 2, with the thrilling 10-minute uninteractive cutscene featuring your character standing in a cage and someone delivering one irrelevant line of filler dialogue every two minutes. Edge of the seat stuff.

That is a subtle hint of the author intentionally giving a time off for the player to ALT-TAB to favorite porn folder/website and masturbate while the cutscene is going on.

:M

Drakron

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:

She should work for BioWare.

Erebus

Arcane
It's a fairly strange subplot. Everything doesn't have to be linked to the main scenario, but transporting the heroine 1000 miles to the north with a magical accident ? Weird.

As for me, I'm just finished with the Tony subplot. It includes another scene in which you're left for dead in a burning house. Valine really has some strange fetishes...

Mind you, this module is full of very good things ! I just can't decide whether they're more or less numerous than the silly elements.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Erebus said:

I know that these sort of situations really make many people in this thread wonder, "How do such modules become so popular?"

Then one remembers all the innovative things they have that OCs don't have, and one realizes that these are distinguished modules precisely because they break the mold like this.

When you go searching for NWN/NWN2 modules, you really dig at the bottom of the barrel, until you find modules like Conan Chronicles or Dances With Rogues - great, but with clunky, awkward situations that only make sense to the person who made them.

One very famous, popular, and beloved NWN2 module was a "coming of age" story, with a situation where your character starts playing with dolls frantically and wildly until she loses her mind and comes to the understanding that her childhood is gone. What kind of people make this stuff?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Drakron said:
Admiral jimbob said:

She should work for BioWare.

I think that would still be a major :incline: for Bioware.

Anyway, I finally reinstalled NWN - which I honestly thought would never happen again in this incarnation. Have been playing with the module for almost whole night. Damn - shit is addictive

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

01.jpg

We reach the gates of Ravenstower past midnight, and book a room at the Ice Princess. Fifty gold pieces got us a night. Pia scoffs at the price, but there's really not much choice, like it or not, the Ice Princess is the only accommodation in the whole town. And we could really use some rest and a warm room for the night. We climb up to the second floor, room key in hand.

02.jpg

pia.jpg
Oh my. Look at those paintings!

LP Comment: Can't see shit from this angle...however....

03.jpg

LP Comment: Wow.

04.jpg

LP Comment: Okay. That's...

05.jpg

LP Comment: :retarded:

I have no words. I jam the key into our room, and that's when I notice the passionate echoes throughout the level. Grunts and moans, the squeaking of the mattress. Something to warm up the night, I guess. I shrug, turn the key and enter our room.

06.jpg

pia.jpg
Finally, some rest...

Pia sighs deeply, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I sit down as well. Pia takes off her shoes, then lies down on her back, closing her eyes for a moment. I prepare to rest as well.

pia.jpg
You know, I've been thinking...I think it's possible that we might indeed be stuck up here in the north for a while...I mean, it's not like we're going to starve or anything, but Alfons and the others are going to be very worried about us. They might even think we're dead.
ai.jpg
At least there's no Dhorn around here.
pia.jpg
That's true, of course. But...Isn't there someone at Betancuria who you're going to miss? Or who's going to miss you?

Who could it be? My family's gone....Caron's dead. Master Nathan?

pia.jpg
I..I'm sorry, Aisha. It must be very hard.
ai.jpg
I'm alive. That's something, at least.
pia.jpg
Well. Perhaps we could explore the mountains surrounding the village a bit more tomorrow.
ai.jpg
Let's talk about it tomorrow. I'm tired...

She nods in agreement and slips under the sheets. I lie down, trying to find a comfortable position. The room is silent, Pia's soft and regular breathing and my own the only sounds I hear.

LP Comment: You can make a move on Pia at this point. But no...I don't want that.

Maybe it's the thought of sleeping in a brothel's bed, maybe the happenings of the last couple of days, but sleep doesn't come to me for a while. I keep staring at the ceiling, all kinds of thoughts filling my head.

What if we can't find our way back? Are we doomed to stay here for months? I have enough gold, but still...The Family must be looking for us...but at least that bounty hunter is taken care of. Another blow to the Dhorn's cause.

Finally, after lying awake for what must have been hours, I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

07.jpg

Morning comes, I walk over to the stove to make a warm drink and notice a crumbled note lying near the wood pile.

08.jpg

Huh...looks like someone's having an affair.

LP Comment: This is a very, very blatant clue on what to do next. Here's the issue with this whole Ravenstower adventure: it's very narrow in scope, yet it wastes resources with huge maps that takes up loading time and rewards the player poorly for exploration. I know, you'll say 'what about the Rod of Resurrection?' Sorry to disappoint you, that's not a reward. It's Deus Ex Machina. It's THE ONLY way to progress.

09.jpg

Let's check out the tailor shop. Looks like it's closed, no problem, I pick the lock and help myself in.

10.jpg

The first floor is empty, but the grunts on the second floor confirms the letter's intent. Except the participants look VERY familiar.

ter.jpg
Yeah. And soon, we won't have to hide anymore. Never again.
claire.jpg
I can hardly wait, dear. I need your cock inside me.

LP Comment: Deep.

ter.jpg
Hehehe. Don't worry. You'll get plenty of it.

It's that wizard! And that snobby noblewoman from the court! So she's having an affair!

LP Comment: You'd think ....I could blackmail the wizard to send us back home? No..we won't. The game won't let us. We're forced to watch it. Probably pull down our pants and get to work in real life.

claire.jpg
Truth be told, I'm still worried because of Lady Dana.
ter.jpg
You need not be. I spoke with Castias this morning. He'll take care of her. Soon.

Oh...that sounds ominous.

claire.jpg
All this waiting is driving me insane.
ter.jpg
I know. But we must be careful. People might get suspicious if Dana and your husband have accidents just after the old Baron died.
claire.jpg
Yes, I know. Still, I wish it all would be over already.

Oh my goodness! They're the ones behind it?! No wonder investigation yielded nothing! He must've used magic on the Baron!

ter.jpg
Things go exactly as we have planned. You're already the Baroness.
claire.jpg
Only in name, for as long as my husband remains alive.
ter.jpg
I'll take care of him. Trust me. I already got the old Baron for you, didn't I?

That snake!

LP Comment: I should've been given the chance to rush in, daggers drawn and blackmail the fuck out of these two, but Valine thought that isn't an option.

claire.jpg
Yes, you did
ter.jpg
I thought we might invite that bard and her young snatch into the castle again. Ask them to sing and dance, play songs for your husband...So when he dies, the two girls will take the blame. And this time...there will be no loose ends.
claire.jpg
Do you even know where they are?
ter.jpg
No. But I'll have my guards looking for them.
claire.jpg
Alright.
ter.jpg
Let's go back to the castle.
claire.jpg
Yes...I wish there was another way but the one through the crypt. All those coffins give me the creeps.
ter.jpg
I know. Soon, love...

They kiss again, get dressed and leave through a secret passage on the back wall.

pia.jpg
Why do I get a feeling that we were not supposed to witness this?
ai.jpg
Too bad for them.
pia.jpg
Do you know what this means, Aisha? He killed the Baron! And he's got an affair with that woman, Claire!
ai.jpg
And her husband is next in line to the old Baron, and now she plans to rise to throne herself by offing her husband!

LP Comment: Gotta spell out the facts to the herp-derp crowds. Thanks, Valine.

pia.jpg
Yes. And they wish to blame that death on us. What a nice bunch of people.
ai.jpg
I'm not going to allow that!
pia.jpg
Trouble is, we cannot prove any of this. But we should probably try to speak to anyone at the castle...

Looks like we have to find that secret entrance through the crypts. I check the walls and found a hidden latch to open the passage.

11.jpg

Time to expose these bastards.

12.jpg

The passage leads to a small field outside the tailor shop. So this is how they get in without being seen. No time to waste, we head to the crypt immediately.

13.jpg

The guard raises an eyebrow when he spots Pia and me.

guard.jpg
Hold it! State your business!
ai.jpg
Why are you guarding this building?
guard.jpg
So no thieves may disturb the dead.
ai.jpg
Would it be possible if I enter the crypt?
guard.jpg
Huh? Why would you want to? You're not a thief, are you?

LP Comment: Wow. Quality dialog. What gave me away? The sparkling daggers or ninja clothes?

ai.jpg
No, of course not.
guard.jpg
Then why do you want to enter the crypt?
ai.jpg
(Persuade) I consider it my duty to pay my respects to the dead whenever I come to a foreign city.
guard.jpg
I see...alright. But don't touch anything, okay?

The guard steps aside, unlock the door and lets us enter.

14.jpg

Doesn't take long for us to locate the hidden panel inside...

15.jpg

A long winding cavern passage leads to more ornate tomb...it looks new.

pia.jpg
Hm, seems like we've found the Ravenstower Family crypt.

Pia looks around and glances at the sarcophagus in front of us. I disable the trap and move the lid away, inside is the body of the Baron, preserved in coldness. I ignore him and loot the rest of the tombs.

16.jpg

The door out of the tomb prove uncooperative. I ponder my options, we need someone from the Ravenstower court to know of this plot, but how do I get inside without the key?

LP Comment: Oh gee whiz, what shall we do?! What possible solution.......help us quest marker! Help~!!

I return to the Baron's sarcophagus and pull out the magical rod from my pack. Let's hope this works.

17.jpg

Success! The Baron looks about wildly, I'm not sure if he recognizes me, or takes note of me at all.

ai.jpg
Hey, are you okay?
pia.jpg
Careful, Aisha. Maybe he doesn't understand where he is ,or who we are.

She eyes the Baron with a wary expression.

baron.jpg
You! I know you. You..

He studies me, his eyes seem to have trouble focusing.

baron.jpg
You're the bard's friend!
pia.jpg
I'm here, too.
baron.jpg
Where am I? What happened?
ai.jpg
You were killed when you and Pia spent time together in your bedroom.

Pia clears her throat.

baron.jpg
That..can't be.
ai.jpg
Obviously not.

The Baron regards the sarcophagus he was in, shaking his head slowly.

baron.jpg
It's all such a blur. I remember dying, yet I live...How did you? Are you a cleric?

Pia steps closing to me, whispering.

pia.jpg
Careful. It might not be such a good idea to mention our magic rod. He might try to take it away from us..
ai.jpg
(Persuade) You weren't completely dead. There was still a spark of life left in you. All I had to do was ignite it again.
baron.jpg
Did Terek hire you to heal me?
ai.jpg
There are a couple of things you should know about Terek. It was him who killed you in your bedroom, probably by means of a nasty spell.
baron.jpg
What?

He blinks, disbelieving.

ai.jpg
Terek's got a love affair with Claire. They plan to kill her husband so she becomes the ruler of the Barony.
baron.jpg
What?! You must be joking! Dana would never allow that!
ai.jpg
I think they intend to kill Dana as well. With the help of Castias.
baron.jpg
That's impossible! I refuse to believe that!
ai.jpg
We saw them together. At the Tailor's house in Ravenstower.
baron.jpg
I must hear what they have to say about this. Right away. And you're coming with me.
ai.jpg
With pleasure, but we'd best be prepared for a fight.

18.jpg

The baron leads us out of his tomb...and produces a key from his pocket to open the door.

LP Comment: The same key we couldn't find when examining his dead body. :roll:

19.jpg

baron.jpg
Dana! Oh no!

The Baron quickly moves over to the body lying in pools of blood on the floor. Kneeling next to her, he carefully examines Lady Dana.

baron.jpg
She..she's dead! But how?
pia.jpg
It must have happened not long ago. Her blood has just begun to clot.

The Baron looks at me, his eyebrows knitted in fury.

baron.jpg
We MUST revive her! I don't care how you do i, and I don't want to know. Just bring her back to life!
ai.jpg
It might take a while..
baron.jpg
Just do it!

LP Comment: We sit down. Rest. Wait for the Deus Ex Machina to recharge before using it. :facepalm:

Hours later...

20.jpg

dana.jpg
Oh..what?

Dana blinks, glancing about with a confused expression, then looks up at me.

dana.jpg
You?
ai.jpg
Welcome back to the living, Lady Dana.
baron.jpg
Are you alright, Dana?

She glances at the Baron and nods, then slowly gets up from the floor.

baron.jpg
What in the name of the Gods happened here?
dana.jpg
It was Castias...he said he had important news about your death, and that he wanted to show me something. Then, he attacked me from behind...

She gasps at the Baron.

dana.jpg
M'lord. You're alive?!
baron.jpg
Thanks to them, we both are.

Lady Dana eyes us for a moment, then bows her head.

dana.jpg
We are in your debt.
pia.jpg
There's something you should know, M'lady. The wizard Terek caused the death of his Lordship. We heard him speaking to Lady Claire. They've having a love affair. And they plan to kill her husband so she becomes the lone ruler.
dana.jpg
Oh dear Gods...
baron.jpg
We have every reason to believe them, Dana. After what's happened....
dana.jpg
So that's why Castias..

Lady Dana shakes her head.

baron.jpg
We will confront them at once!

21.jpg

The baron leads us out to the castle courtyard, he shouts at the nearby guards who quiver at the presence of his recently deceased liege.

22.jpg

guard.jpg
Oh dear Gods!

He and three other guards kneel before the baron.

baron.jpg
Get up. You'll come with me.
guard.jpg
Yes, Milord!

They salute and join ranks behind us. I cast a small blessing before stepping into the castle's halls..

23.jpg

Looks like we're heading into a big one...

24.jpg

The Baron kicks the doors open and his thunderous voice blasts through the halls.

baron.jpg
Terek! You bloody TRAITOR! You'll pay for this!
tim.jpg
You're alive, Brother?
baron.jpg
As you see.

Terek recovers from his shock, and waves his staff about with a smirk.

ter.jpg
He's but a puppet, M'lord Timin! A false Baron. These traitors are planning to place an impostor on your throne!
tim.jpg
Oh...
baron.jpg
Bloody nonsense! I'll have your heads for this!

The seductive lady Claire rushes up to her husband and clutches his right hand tightly as she speaks.

claire.jpg
You must not listen to this man's lies, my beloved! Arrest them, so they can be put to question. Then we may learn the truth behind their evil words.
tim.jpg
Yes...
baron.jpg
Your poisonous words won't save you this time, Claire!
claire.jpg
You see, my husband? This man threatens our lives! You must order the guards to arrest him. Please!
tim.jpg
Yes! You, impostor, do not threaten my wife!
baron.jpg
You truly wish to fight me, Timin?
claire.jpg
He leaves us no choice, dear!
dana.jpg
Castias. Why?
cas.jpg
Oh, shut up. As if my reasons ever were of interest to you, Sister.
baron.jpg
You are all hereby declared traitors. Anyone helping them will die by my own hand!
ter.jpg
I tire of this! Guards! Kill these traitors!

Suddenly, Lady Dana is engulfed in a blinding flash of white light.

25.jpg

When my vision clears, in place of here...stands a White Dragon!

26.jpg

Everyone stand in awe. Unsure how to act. Except for Castias.

cas.jpg
I'm not afraid of you, Sister!

27.jpg

He too, transform into a dragon. A black one.

baron.jpg
Kill them all!

The clash of steel and arrows flight echo through the halls. Both sides determine to stake their claim to the throne.

28.jpg

I quickly invoke Hyath's ring, and make a stab for Terek. He cries in pain, his spell disrupted.

29.jpg

A roar burst from behind us, it's Lady Dana with her icy breath. I could see Terek falling in the midst of snow and cold. I drag Pia with me as I step away from the melee.

30.jpg

I turn around to witness a greenish ooze flowing from Castias' dragon form.

31.jpg

The guards cry as acid melt their flesh and armor. That was too close. I circle around and make a run for the archers.

32.jpg

33.jpg

Another volley of the acid breath, just behind us. We didn't get hit by it, thankfully.

34.jpg

We finish off the last archers and turn our attention to Castias.

35.jpg

It's going to be hard to flank this bastard...and we need him outed now! The Baron is down! I grip the wands of heaven and let loose divine fury on Castias.

36.jpg

The white dragon swipe its claw one more time as the flames engulf Castias, knocking him down. This time, it didn't get up.

37.jpg

We've won!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom