Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I checked an interview at NWVault.

Valine only made this module for her own play. She did not expect to have anyone else play it.

She used play it secretly, but her roommate, another NWN fan, spotted her playing it and asked her to give another copy to play. Then the roommate kept recommending, until she just published the whole thing online.

Lindblum

Augur
Thanks for suffering for us RK47 and Erebus for playing through the second module.

Did Valine forget all the money from the vault!?

The whole argument was over people starving since the guild has no gold, all Aisha had to do was throw the Half-million gold on the ground and say its Nathans emergency stash for the Family!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Lindblum said:
Thanks for suffering for us RK47 and Erebus for playing through the second module.

The whole argument was over people starving since the guild has no gold, all Aisha had to do was throw the Half-million gold on the ground and say its Nathans emergency stash for the Family!

The moneyz were left behind with her clothes, duh.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Right. So. Hum.

Thanks for the LP, RK47. I assume you won't be doing the next seeing where this one devolved to.

I did get a good laugh out of the ham-fisted last-minute attempts to make Vico sympathetic. That whole conflict might've been interesting if it had actual, y'know, player input and stuff, but who cares, fight fight fight!

Erebus

Arcane
The number of times the princess loses all or at least an important part of her equipment is rather staggering. It's not pointless (at least not in the first module) : it emphasizes the fact that brute force is seldom the solution to your problems and that, despite your level gaining, you can still be easily killed by common guards. However, it ends up a bit silly because of how repetitive it is.

In the last part of the second module, you technically don't lose your equipment, but
all of your magical items lose their powers permanently.

I'm wondering if choosing different builds can make playing the first module a different experience. Rogue abilities are so essential that I don't think you can succeed if you don't level as a rogue (or shadowdancer or assassin...) at least half of the time. While invisibility can replace sneaking abilities, I don't think you can have enough spells to deal with all the traps and locked doors/chests you'll find (which, incidentally, are the source of most of the XP you'll receive throughout the module). Also, picking pockets can sometimes be very useful.

My princess was 2/3 rogue 1/3 ranger. She had no trouble sneaking around, picking locks and what not, but she wasn't very good in a fight unless she had a companion that would draw the attacks of the enemies and allow her to sneak attack. Even then, heavily armored opponents were a real problem. I sometimes had to use Pick Pocket to steal an opponent's weapon in order to have a chance to defeat him ! Sonic traps could also be a great help.

Brother None said:
I did get a good laugh out of the ham-fisted last-minute attempts to make Vico sympathetic.

While I didn't enjoy the role played by Vico throughout the module, I don't think his siding with you is an attempt to make him suddenly look nice. He's clearly (and creepily) obsessed with the princess, so it's not illogical for him to do that.

Admiral jimbob said:
Please do the sequel module so everyone can see the depths of horror it really reaches. Don't let some poor, misguided curiosity hunters suffer for your neglect.

Now, you're just being cruel to RK47. :P
If people want to have an idea of what the second module's like, they can simply re-read the heist mission ten times in a row, the result will be pretty much the same.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
10 minutes into the second part and the companions are already captured while the princess is literally sleeping.

:retarded: Not gonna LP it. Fuck that shit. You'd think having full set of bard, blackguard and ranger would at least round off the group competency somewhat, but instead they're just extra baggage waiting to be rescued.

Oh, party banter. HOW CAN I MISS THEM?!

Vico & Pia: Anden you suck Lololollol
Vico: HEY BIRDIE *SMACKS ASS*
Pia: AISHA! *HUGS HUGS* HELP I'M CAPTURED, RESCUE ME..OH ITS SO SCARY
Anden: I VOW MY LIFE TO YOU, OH PRINCESS *INCLINES HIS HEAD*

Black Cat

Magister
Erebus said:
I'm wondering if choosing different builds can make playing the first module a different experience. Rogue abilities are so essential that I don't think you can succeed if you don't level as a rogue (or shadowdancer or assassin...) at least half of the time.

They aren't. I have gone through the mod as a pure Wizardess with a ChibiBeholder familiar once, which was by far the most interesting one as you have to face all situations as puzzles instead, and thus you need your spell collection to be as wide as possible, and thus you need to be very careful with how you spend your money.

However that's not so much Valine's design as NWN design, as most of my fun with NWN and NWN2 has come from playing rogue modules, dungeon crawling modules, etc, with just a wizard and her familiar.

That aside, you guys have no taste. Vico's awesome.

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
Oh, party banter. HOW CAN I MISS THEM?!

Just before leaving the city, you can be joined by two barbarian siblings who I found to be more pleasant company, but they don't remain with you very long (unless you romance the brother, apparently). There's also a dwarf, but he's boring.

Vico: HEY BIRDIE *SMACKS ASS*

Guess what happens just after you rescue him from his cell...
(And you can't decide to answer that by killing him, even though he's weaponless and this would be the perfect time to do it.)

Black Cat said:

If you have a taste for dominant men, I think you're better off with the dark elf you meet halfway through the second module.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Erebus

Rizzen Do' something or another? Yeah, he's awesome too. Pretty badass, too.

Now I have to decide who's, like, more awesome. That's a tough one.

I never did the romance thingie with him, though. I believe you need to get pretty far into the second part without an active romance thingie for it to trigger.

Erebus

Arcane
Black Cat said:
I never did the romance thingie with him, though. I believe you need to get pretty far into the second part without an active romance thingie for it to trigger.

Apparently, it triggers slightly before you reach the temple with the aphrodisiac and the demonic dogs (two great tastes that taste great together !), as long as no other romance is active. I got the initial conversation, but nothing more (the princess is alone most of the time after that point, so I'm kind of puzzled as to when the romance could happen).

Sacculina

Educated
Erebus said:
Apparently, it triggers slightly before you reach the temple with the aphrodisiac and the demonic dogs (two great tastes that taste great together!), as long as no other romance is active. I got the initial conversation, but nothing more (the princess is alone most of the time after that point, so I'm kind of puzzled as to when the romance could happen).
:retarded:

My criticism of the masturbation dialogue tree now looks quite petty in retrospect.

Black Cat said:

:? Fucking humans. I'll never understand them.

Erebus

Arcane
Keeper Deven said:
My criticism of the masturbation dialogue tree now looks quite petty in retrospect.

The scene's actually more tasteful than what can later happen with some orcs.

Lindblum

Augur
Mrowak said:
Lindblum said:

The moneyz were left behind with her clothes, duh.

Which she got back from the Agents.

RK47

Patron
Eh...no the gold didn't get return. But it's moot. Aisha herself is carrying 50,000 of gold in her purse and not once did she offer a bribe to defuse the situation.

I'm all done. Hey, SB, thanks for the link. That's a good movie. Rewatching it now!

RK47

Patron
volly.gif

PrinceShiva

Novice
I made an account just to say this has been incredibly fun and interesting to read. Thank you, RK47.

Is there a LP for the second part of the module?

Erebus

Arcane
The second module isn't very fun or interesting. It doesn't have a highly-detailed urban environment like the first one, it has way too many fights and the plot is very weak.

baturinsky

Arcane
I usually end playing after returning from Save Pia expedition, because there is really nothing to look forward to from that moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom