Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Erebus

Arcane
I'm giving up on the second module, not quite halfway through. It's not really bad, but it's clearly not as entertaining as the first one. The setting is much less interesting, the general scenario (cross hundreds of miles in order to rescue Nathan and the others !) gets old fast and quests aren't as involving in general.

The fetishy elements are really much rarer here. While there's still a lot of gratuitous nudity, I couldn't find a single sex scene ! (Apparently, there are a few if you get involved in a romance, but I didn't bother.)

One thing I enjoyed in the first module was the fact that pure violence was seldom enough to get you through : you had to use stealth, cunning, etc. Even the common guards were a deadly threat to you. It's not so much the case now the heroine has reached higher levels. You often have several companions with you and fighting is a much more common solution. It takes away from what made the first module original.

I decided to stop playing shortly after I finally was able to kill Vico. That way, I'm sure he doesn't get resurrected. :)

The most WTF moment I've seen is when you decide to throw yourself down a subterranean waterfall because it's the only way you can find to cross a range of mountains. It's exactly as absurd as it sounds.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
00.jpg

01.jpg

Arto Benthur, he must be the one behind the assault! If I'm going down, I'm taking him with me!

arto.jpg
Well, it is apparent that these criminals are trying to steal the treasure. And I'm afraid Lord Lyonson is involved, as well.
gov.jpg
Simon! Is this really true?
simon.jpg
I certainly haven't come because I like the scenery so much.
gov.jpg
But why...?
simon.jpg
I'd rather secure this gold before it falls into the hands of someone like Benthur.

Hmm. What is Simon's angle in all this? Is it simply out of greed? I didn't know the Dhorn has conflict between internal factions.

gov.jpg
You've committed a severe crime against the Empire, Simon! Not even I will be able to get you out of this!
jero.jpg
Damn, damn, damn!
simon.jpg
Stand aside and let us pass, Peron.
gov.jpg
You know that I can't do that.
simon.jpg
I'd hate having to step over your corpse.

LP Comment: For fuck sake, GIVE ME A CHOICE TO FIGHT, DON'T PARALYZE ME. I'M A FUCKING SHADOWDANCER, I AM THE NIGHT! I AM THE GODDAMN BATGIRL!

gov.jpg
And I'd hate having to order my archers to fill you with their arrows.
simon.jpg
Your troopers were never any good with their bows.
gov.jpg
Simon. Please.

Looks like this is it, I better meld into the shadows and guide Simon to safety, Jero and the rest are expendable. A sound burst here and there....with Hyath's blessing should do it.

simon.jpg
Let's cut this short. I'm sure your men tire of the endless talk, too.

02.jpg

arto.jpg
Archers! Aim, and loose at my command!

I grit my teeth, bracing for impact.

alan.jpg
You're not going to get us that easily!

I turn towards Alen, who pulls out a magic scroll for his bag.

LP Comment: Fucking shit, who's the main character here? ME OR THEM? LET ME DO SOMETHING!

gov.jpg
What th-

03.jpg

Simon hurls a fireball at the group in front of us, knocking some of them down.

alan.jpg
BACK INTO THE VAULT!

04.jpg

Jero, Simon and I scrambles away.

arto.jpg
GET THEM!

05.jpg

I can hear the sound of several arrows taking flight at once. I turn around and caught site of Alen's form lying on the floor like pin cushion.

06.jpg

Simon quickly utter the phrase and pushes us inside. More arrows flew at us. I can hear Jero falling behind. Good riddance. Simon and I run down the stairs, the angry yells of the Dhorn soldiers right behind us all along. Arrows hiss past me me, but fortunately none of them hits. Once we reach the lower level, we dive into the vault room, and Simon slams the door shut. We both gaze at the door, ready to move, but it seems to hold. Everything's quiet, the thick metal and stone blocking all noises from the other side.

07.jpg

simon.jpg
I always told Peron that his men sucked at shooting.
ai.jpg
Where did they come from?
simon.jpg
They must have followed us somehow, though I've absolutely no idea how they got wind of this. Alen got Mortenson with his fireball, and I doubt the others know the password, so we should be safe for the moment.
ai.jpg
But...we're trapped here!
simon.jpg
Better there than the other side of this door. Benthur would poke at you with his glowing sticks. Let me think...

He studies the room.

simon.jpg
The grate.

He peers down into the shaft below.

simon.jpg
You don't know where that shaft's going, by chance?

How would I know that? I shake my head. Simon peers down the shaft some more.

ai.jpg
I really don't know. It's just a pit, if you ask me.
simon.jpg
There seem to be a hole at the bottom.

He lowers his torch so it illuminates the black hole. I move over to him, kneel down and look into the pit. He's right, there's a small opening at the bottom. Wide enough to put an arm in, perhaps.

ai.jpg
We won't fit in there.

He rummages through his pockets, producing a yellowed parchment after a few moments.

ai.jpg
Another scroll?

LP Comment: ARGH!

simon.jpg
Polymorph Self. We might be able to turn ourselves into something small enough to crawl through that hole.

LP Comment: Why not invisible scrolls and just sneak out, AUGH!!!

ai.jpg
How many more scrolls do you have with you, anyway?
simon.jpg
Only this one. I'll do this: the spell inscribed on the scroll is going to turn both you and me into mice for a couple of minutes.
ai.jpg
Okay.

Simon unfolds the scroll and begins to cast the spell. We use our newly gained form and jump down the pit. Minutes later, we revert back to our original forms.

08.jpg

With some unintended consequences...

09.jpg

simon.jpg
Much better. Felt rather cramped to be in a mouse's body.

Simon flexes and stretches, apparently not minding the fact that he's naked. I avert my gaze.

simon.jpg
Shy, all of the sudden? Don't say you've never seen a naked man before?
ai.jpg
I have.
simon.jpg
I'll gladly introduce you to all the things men and women do together, my dear. Although the stony ground might be a little uncomfortable.
ai.jpg
We don't have time for that.
simon.jpg
Yes...let's get dressed. Fuck.
ai.jpg
What's wrong?

He frantically searches through his belongings on the floor.

simon.jpg
My armor's gone! And weapons, too!

LP Comment: Oh, Valine.

I check my equipment as well and found similar items missing. We must've left our equipment behind in the vault!

simon.jpg
This is just great.
ai.jpg
This is not good.
simon.jpg
They're probably still in the vault room. I'll refund you once we're out of here.
ai.jpg
With what? Your gold seems to be missing, too.
simon.jpg
First, we need to get out of here. Then I'll see about Alen and Jero. Then comes the gold.
ai.jpg
Fine.

We walk further into the caverns.

10.jpg

simon.jpg
At least we're not gonna starve, with all these mushrooms around.
ai.jpg
You think we can eat them?
simon.jpg
We sure can. The question is, are they poisonous or not. And would we survive the experience if they are.
ai.jpg
Very funny.
simon.jpg
Alen would probably know which of these are edible. Damn fool, sacrificing himself like that.

11.jpg

Uh oh, company!

12.jpg

We might be barehanded and naked, but at least I still have my summoning magic!

13.jpg

Got em.

simon.jpg
Good thing those lizards weren't around when we were mice. I'm sure they'd have appreciated a little meat.

14.jpg

Yeah, this looks like a way up! This wooden platform seems like a hoist of sorts. The wood is in a bad shape and rather brittle, but the rope leading up still looks like it would hold my weight.

simon.jpg
Looks secure enough to me.
ai.jpg
Up we go?
simon.jpg
Yeah, let's. Perhaps this leads back into the castle.

I tug on the rope, just in case, then start climbing. The rope is a bit slippery but otherwise in good shape, and I gain height without any problem. Simon follows right on my heels, gazing up as he climbs. And probably straight up at my charms.

LP Comment: More sexploitation? Why not?

Still feeling Simon's eyes on me, I climb up further, until I reach the ceiling. There's a round hole in it, the rope dangling down from the darkness above. I pause for a moment and listen, but nothing can be heard, or seen. Simon nods at me, then gives me a signal to go on. I carefully climb up the remaining couple of feet, holding my breath, and peering into the darkness. But it's all quiet.

15.jpg

simon.jpg
You probably don't know these chambers either?
ai.jpg
I don't think so. It's difficult for me to tell. When I lived here, the corridors were always lit, and crowded with people.

My father's castle lies in ruins. Debris and dust covers most of its surface. I doubt the Dhorn would rebuild it any time soon.

simon.jpg
Looks like we've just climbed out of the garbage pit. Which would explain the presence of those lizards down below.
ai.jpg
Could be so, yes.
simon.jpg
I just wish I had some sort of weapon.
ai.jpg
Some clothes won't be bad either...

He doesn't respond and studies me for a couple of moments.

LP Comment: OK. Incoming Rape...3,2,1

simon.jpg
I find it difficult to picture you clad in silk gowns, strolling through this castle with your ladies-in-waiting trailing after you.
ai.jpg
Then don't.
simon.jpg
You never let any of your servant boys under your skirt?
ai.jpg
Huh?
simon.jpg
Would that you had. Then you might know your way around here.
ai.jpg
Sorry to disappoint you.
simon.jpg
Hmph. Okay, let's see whether some of these passages are still intact.

16.jpg

Shit. Looks like we're in some kind of storerooms full of giant spiders. Luckily the wolf did a good work of taking them out. Simon is pretty handy with his solid punches as well.

17.jpg

A lone crate holds a bundle of rope. I take it.

18.jpg

Finally, some weapons. I wield the shortbow and pass the rusty dagger to Simon. More bodies yield rusty weapons. Eventually Simon replaced the dagger with a rusty longsword.

19.jpg

I pause for a moment, looking about. Yes...Unlike the rest of the cellars, this room looks familiar. I've been here before. This is where Vico took me to, that night, when the castle fell.

ai.jpg
This place brings back bad memories.
simon.jpg
Looks like they did their laundry here.

I remain silent and push that horrible memory aside. I've got more important things to do at the moment.

simon.jpg
The whole castle's a ruin. But then, soldiers usually don't care about the furnishings when they beat each other up.
ai.jpg
Thanks to you Dhorn, the castle is in ruins.
simon.jpg
You must miss your parents and former life a lot.
ai.jpg
Yes, I do.
simon.jpg
I once met your father when he was visiting Dhorn. There was a great banquet in his honor.
ai.jpg
When was that?
simon.jpg
Many years ago. You were there, too, though you were very small. A shy little girl, barely able to walk.
ai.jpg
I only dimly recall Dhorn. I was about three years old, I think.
simon.jpg
That year, Dhorn and your father went to war against Sargoza, annexing half of their territory and all of their colonies. It was a powerful alliance. The Emperor proposed it should be sealed with a marriage, but your father refused because you were too young. He said he would consider it once you came of age, though.
ai.jpg
He never told me that.
simon.jpg
Ten years ago, Betancuria seized the Summer Islands. Six years ago, your father sent his troops to conquer the independent baronies that lie in the borderlands between Dhorn and Betancuria. Two years ago, Betancuria launched an attack on the eastern lands, way past Westwood. Needless to say, Betancuria's hunger for territory was a cause for concern within Dhorn court.
ai.jpg
I thought he was your ally?
simon.jpg
That was what he wanted us to believe. But then we learned that your father meant to marry you to Prince Darryl of Min-Toras.
ai.jpg
Min-Toras...isn't it under Dhorn occupation for decades?

LP Comment: Hey, Valine, I appreciate the lore. But can we do it when we're less naked or something? And don't forget about Nathan, too.

simon.jpg
Your father planned to use the prince to rouse the populace against Dhorn. We'd be busy fighting royalists in Min-Toras. And your father's troops would just walk into Dhorn.
ai.jpg
Do you have proof of that?
simon.jpg
We have Darryl's confession. The Emperor was furious when he heard that your father had betrayed us. And we knew that if we didn't act at once, Betancuria might become too powerful to stop. Your soldiers put up quite a fight, I grant you that.
ai.jpg
Were you amongst the Dhorn who stormed the castle?
simon.jpg
No, I only arrived a couple of weeks later. Though I admit a part of me would have liked nothing better than being in the front like when they launched the attack.
ai.jpg
Why is that?
simon.jpg
It's the stuff legends are made of.
ai.jpg
And dead men.
simon.jpg
That cannot be argued. I wish there had been a different outcome of this all. It will take years to restore peace in Betancuria. And we've lost a lot of soldiers, too.
ai.jpg
You're going to lose a lot more.
simon.jpg
Are you really planning to sneak into Dhorn and free those friends of yours?
ai.jpg
That's none of your business.
simon.jpg
There are easier ways to get yourself killed, you know.
ai.jpg
I owe them. These people have given me shelter when your soldiers butchered my family.
simon.jpg
And therefore you throw your life away. Sounds like a lot of trouble for naught.

LP Comment: You're right, I should just play Battlefield 3. Sorry for feeling apathetic, this whole railroaded narrative sucked away my motivation.

ai.jpg
I don't plan to throw my life away.
simon.jpg
I might take you with me, should you change your mind. You've got a couple of very useful qualities?
ai.jpg
Huh? Are you serious?
simon.jpg
Yes, I am.
ai.jpg
No. I don't think that's such a good idea.
simon.jpg
We can talk about this once we've found a way out of these halls.

LP Comment: No, I insist! We should talk for another half a day, never mind the Dhorn is probably sailing away with Master Nathan and company to Westwood.

20.jpg

A crate in the laundry contains a spade, and a light hammer in good condition.

21.jpg

The rubble blocking this corridor appears to be relatively frail. I might be able to dig my way through with the right tool. I pull out the spade and start digging to clear a path.

simon.jpg
Let me do that.

Simon reaches out for the spade.

LP Comment: All choice lets him do it for you. WONDERFUL!

He turns his back to me and starts digging. Time passes. It's getting cold, I shiver and wrap my arms around myself. Finally Simon has dug a way through. He wipes his brow and takes a couple of deep breath.

22.jpg

23.jpg

Deeper into the cellars, we encounter more spiders. Simon makes short work of them with his blazing long sword which I enchanted. While I pick several choice targets with my composite bow from the back.

24.jpg

Hmm. A pair of pegs?

25.jpg

It's chilly down here. As in, really chilly. I shiver and hug myself.

simon.jpg
An ice cellar, or what remains of it. But the cold seems to keep the spiders away.

Hm. I think this is where the servants kept our food and drinks iced when it's warm outside. The servants had to collect ice during the winter, and it was then brought to the castle. This brings back memories...I very much liked iced plum syrup when I was little.

26.jpg

Deeper inside the cold caverns we found a natural pool. Studying the pool, I notice an opening in the wall to the south, just below the waterline. It looks like the stat of a tunnel and it seems to be wide enough for me to fit in.

ai.jpg
There's a tunnel over there.
simon.jpg
You're right. Okay, let's have a look.

I yelp when I plunge into the water, it's icy cold. Simon dives into the pool, too.

simon.jpg
I just hope your tunnel is wide enough.
ai.jpg
I hope so, too.

Swimming with quick strokes, we reach the opening. Simon takes a couple of deep breaths, then starts diving, disappearing into the black tunnel. He moves pretty deftly in the water. Looks like he's quite an experienced swimmer. I follow not too far behind. The water is totally black inside the tunnel, but I can see a dim light ahead. Praying that the tunnel does indeed stay wide enough, I keep on swimming until the light is right above me. Panting, I break through the surface.

27.jpg

Glancing around, I find myself in another cavern, a little smaller than the first one, but also flooded with water.

simon.jpg
This isn't good. We go further and further down, instead of up.
ai.jpg
We must be pretty far below the castle by now.

He studies the walls.

simon.jpg
These are all wet. This tunnel must get flooded after a heavy rainfall. Let's see if this passage gets us anywhere.

28.jpg

Seems like there's light at the end of the tunnel...the stony walls around me looks wet an slippery but there are also many ledges and holes within them.

simon.jpg
These are covered with algae, and more than a little slippery. We're going to need some sort of climbing equipment.
ai.jpg
It might be possible to climb up using the pegs I've found...together with the hammer and rope.

Simon nods and move over to the wall. I drive the first peg in with the hammer. Simon tugs at the peg to make sure.

simon.jpg
That seems to hold. Good. We should also tie one end of the rope around us, then fasten the other around the pegs as we climb. Just in case one of us slips.
ai.jpg
Sounds good.
simon.jpg
Go. I'll follow.

Firmly grasping the peg, I start climbing, driving the next peg in about two feet above the first. The walls are indeed very slippery, and I don't think I'd be able to get anywhere without the help of the pegs. My arms and legs are beginning to hurt. This wall is higher than I thought.

LP Comment: And this update is longer than I thought!

Simon follows right behind me, panting with effort.

ai.jpg
Are you okay?
simon.jpg
Yes...just keep moving.

I continue making me way up further, and finally reach the top.

29.jpg

simon.jpg
Thank goodness. I think I am getting old after all.

Simon wipes the sweat from his brow. I catch my breath...that was a crazy-ass climb we just made. And looks like we're inside the castle's courtyard.

simon.jpg
This seems to be a yard of sorts. You know where we are?
ai.jpg
Yes. We are near the castle's south wing. We should sneak through the castle through the door over there.
simon.jpg
Okay, let's do that.
ai.jpg
Are there any guards in the castle?
simon.jpg
Could be. Might want to be careful.

Yeah, as soon as we enter the castle, we were accosted by two guards. Oh, joy..

30.jpg

guard.jpg
Sir, Milord. We've got orders to arrest you.
simon.jpg
Is that so. And who gave you that order?
guard.jpg
Colonel Benthur, Milord.
simon.jpg
And if I order you to arrest the good Colonel instead?
guard.jpg
I'm sorry, Milord, but the Colonel was very specific in his orders. Actually, we're not even supposed to speak with you.

Simon turns to me.

simon.jpg
I fear these two men will put up a fight, Milady. Although it does not seem to be all that chivalrous to battle against somebody who's not even wearing loin cloth.

The two Dhorn shift uncomfortably. One of them briefly glancing at my sex.

ai.jpg
No, they don't seem to be very gallant at all, Simon.

Simon turns to face the two Dhorn again.

simon.jpg
Alright, let's see if they've taught you how to fight.
ai.jpg
(Bluff) Ouch, I think something just bit me!

I open my legs and examine my slit.

guard.jpg
Uh...

One of the Dhorn clears his throat. The other blushes and looks away. Simon takes advantage and drives his elbow into the throat of the soldier standing close to him. The Dhorn makes a gurgling sound and goes down heavily. The other soldiers cries out in rage and attacks!

31.jpg

Too bad it's now 3 v 1 :smug:

simon.jpg
Those were actually Mortenson's men. Looks like Benthur's commanding them now. Not good. The whole castle's probably swarming with them.
ai.jpg
Fortunately it was only two of them.
simon.jpg
It was probably the first time they've faced a naked girl in combat.
ai.jpg
Stupid Dhorn.
simon.jpg
Do you know those rooms?
ai.jpg
Yes, these are the kitchens. There used to be a set of stairs leading down into the basement and up into the living rooms, and a couple of corridors connecting the kitchens to the castle's main wings.
simon.jpg
I doubt the basement is still accessible from here, but let's see. It would be good to get to Alen and Jero. And our missing stuff.

Simon kneels down and puts on the Dhorn guard's chain mail. Too bad it's too large for me to wear.
We make our way to the basement, only to find it has collapsed.

31a.jpg

simon.jpg
Go figure...

No way down to retrieve our gear. Damn. This castle's falling apart.

RK47

Patron
Erebus said:
I'm giving up on the second module, not quite halfway through. It's not really bad, but it's clearly not as entertaining as the first one. The setting is much less interesting, the general scenario (cross hundreds of miles in order to rescue Nathan and the others !) gets old fast and quests aren't as involving in general.

As expected. This whole module is crashing out near the end of the finish line.
:rpgcodex:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You know what?... Out of the sudden the urge to finish this module I had simply vanished. It's magic, I'm tellin' ya!

RK47

Patron
I'm so close...one final update and I'm out of this shit. You can have my char export if you want. :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
Certainly, this module could pass as a Bioware game: It starts with a good premise but falls apart at the end.

Erebus

Arcane
The final confrontation really is a nice way to conclude the module, but it's much too short to make the player forget about the long, boring and irrelevant quest that comes just before.

Interestingly, it seems that Simon didn't have such a large role in earlier versions of the module. Could this quest be a late addition ? If so, it's a real pity Valine choose to insert it just before the end ; it wouldn't work so poorly if you didn't have the feeling that you should really be doing something else.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well it really is a shame, even feels tedious reading the LP - and the forst half was so great. Hey finish it up for us, and maybe someone could write up the plot of module 2 and then we'd be done with it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
RK47 said:
Erebus said:

As expected. This whole module is crashing out near the end of the finish line.

I'm on the same boat.

I eagerly finished the first module and was quite motivated for the second, but it has now been over a week since I last played it and I don't really have any motivation to endure any extra minute of it. All there's to do is travel and travel and travel and fight hordes of stupid creatures. At one point, I didn't even remember what I was supposed to be doing regarding the main quest.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
The second part is terrible through and through, s/he should have stayed with the city.
Throw in some changes to the city, three or so different endings and c&c up the ass and we'd have something quite good.

Instead it is all about making biowarean fake-choices and walking trough corridors filled with trash mobs.
:(

RK47

Patron
Yeah, I'll conclude it tomorrow. I just finished the first module.

Valine really blew it. Cut away Ravenstower and Bank robbing, and I might have enough motivation to push to part 2. But at the moment, my tank is running empty. It's just so painful to watch this great module quality decline. Even the tense closing act could not redeem it.

I'm feeling very depressed at the moment :(

Mrowak

Arcane
So, does anyone know any good NWN modules (preferably for a spell caster or rogue)? The less pointless combat and more interesting quests the better.

lightbane

Arcane
I've read a little about the second module, apparently you at least can kill Vico later, so that's something (it's not a spoiler, because you know it was about to happen sooner or later).

Erebus

Arcane
lightbane said:
apparently you at least can kill Vico later

Twice, actually, and it's likely that Valine would find the way to bring him back again if she ever actually made a third module. After the second time, the princess herself notes in her diary that she's not sure she's seen the last of him.

I've kept playing the second module, partly out of curiosity, partly because peeking at the walkthrough made me believe it was going to get better, and partly because I couldn't believe I hadn't seen a single sex scene yet ! (There definitely are more sex scenes in the second half and you may be surprised to learn that a bestiality scene involving four demonic dogs is by no means the most tasteless of them.)

I'm more than 75 % done (though I've missed some optional quests), but I'm really giving up now, after another peek at the walkthrough informed me that the best ending required defeating 200 orcs in a row (and not the kind of orcs that have 10 hit points on average). That information actually managed to make me realize that maybe I had some better things to do with my time.

My hopes that the module would get better were unfounded. The settings remain lame and underdeveloped. Valine made even the Underdark boring : it's barely more than an endless succession of tunnels, with unimaginative hostile encounters. The two cities you get to visit are very limited and the comparison with the first module makes them especially frustrating. Speaking of frustration, there's a dungeon with levers to pull and objects to find that would have made me jump out of the window if I hadn't used the walkthrough most of the time. You later visit a castle under siege, but it's not exactly as exciting as it sounds (that's when I gave up for good).

It's a real pity Valine didn't decide to have this module happen mostly in a single city, which gave very good results in the first module. It didn't have to be the same city, just to be the same kind of highly detailed urban setting.

I think the main problem of the second module is the lack of cohesion. The story is all over the place and the goal of rescuing your friends (which is pretty easy to forget about considering how slow your progress is) is but a flimsy pretext to put you through all the things that crossed the author's mind.

There's more combat than in the first module and I often found it unfairly difficult. For instance, there are some duels against fairly strong warriors, which isn't fun when your PC is mainly a thief. In the Underdark, there's also an unavoidable fight against a large team of drow. With a single companion, I had to face half-a-dozen wizards and priestesses that were about the same level as us, plus half-a-dozen assassins who could sneak attack us into oblivion despite their lower level. Even setting the difficulty on Easy didn't change the outcome ; in the end, I had to use the old trick of moving to a different area, killing the 1 or 2 opponents who'd followed me, then coming back and repeating the process.

Mind you, I should have had two companions to deal with the drows. But, after Pia had been captured for the third time of the module, I couldn't immediately come to her help ; when I got the chance, I had forgotten about it ; and when I realized what I should have done to rescue her, it was too late to do so. So I guess she spent the rest of her life as the sex slave of a duergar, which is not as unfair as it might seem because you freaking bitch, how many times do you expect me to save you exactly ?!?!

Coyote

Arcane
Mrowak said:
So, does anyone know any good NWN modules (preferably for a spell caster or rogue)? The less pointless combat and more interesting quests the better.

It's been a long time since I played NWN, and I can't even remember the names of most of the modules I played, but I've heard a lot of good things about The HeX Coda (or however it's capitalized) and was planning to play it if I ever get the urge to reinstall the game.

Edit: I don't think I've posted in this thread before, so let me just add a :salute: to RK47 for his hard work on the LP.

RK47

Patron
00.jpg

Since the way down has collapsed, I decide to explore the upper floors.

32.jpg

simon.jpg
I am surprised that the upper floors haven't come down completely. Our men are always very accurate when it comes to destroying things.
ai.jpg
I hope the floor won't collapse while we're here.
simon.jpg
Unlikely. But one day you may be glad that the castle's still standing. It's a lot cheaper to repair a structure of this size than building one from scratch.
ai.jpg
To be honest, I'm glad that the castle's still here. It's my last connection to my past, so to say.
simon.jpg
You do not strive to become Queen of Betancuria?
ai.jpg
I WILL be, one day.
simon.jpg
It isn't that unrealistic. *He gives me a thoughtful look.* You'd have to marry the right man. Mortenson would have made a proper match, for example. That way he could justify his reign over Betancuria. And you wouldn't have to hide anymore.
ai.jpg
I'd rather die than marry a Dhorn.
simon.jpg
Poor Mortenson, doesn't know what he's missing.
ai.jpg
Bite me.
simon.jpg
You really haven't given this much thought, have you? I mean, marrying?
ai.jpg
Is that a proposition?
simon.jpg
It's a question.
ai.jpg
No, I haven't.

Marriage? Not while I'm still stabbing Dhorn on their backs. Perhaps one days, when all of this is settled...

simon.jpg
You are certainly old enough to marry.

He studies me.

ai.jpg
I don't feel like, anyway.
simon.jpg
Fine, let's move on.

Several Dhorn patrol the upper floors. We dispatch a small group before moving on.

33.jpg

34.jpg

A locked wardrobe. This looks promising...finally, a dress! This looks familiar...

35.jpg

I put it on.

simon.jpg
That is an interesting cut.

Simon studies me.

ai.jpg
I got this dress last year. It was a present from the Sargozian Ambassador.
simon.jpg
It's truly yours?
ai.jpg
Yes, though my father wasn't too happy about the look, so I didn't wear it very often.
simon.jpg
Most noblewomen at court would freak out if they saw you wearing this.

He studies my legs.

ai.jpg
You're probably right.
simon.jpg
That slit in the back's probably there for better comfort?
ai.jpg
I think so.

He smiles. Strange man, at least he's polite for a Dhorn.

36.jpg

Alas, the castle halls serve as a reminder of my past and the cruelty of the Dhorn. The corpses of guards remain. As well as familiar ones..

simon.jpg
This corridor's familiar to you, right?
ai.jpg
These were my rooms, yes.
simon.jpg
I thought so. There was a certain look in your eyes.
ai.jpg
Poor Shira's still there...
simon.jpg
She was a friend of yours?
ai.jpg
She was my maid.
simon.jpg
I suppose it's some form of equality to kill men, women and children all the same. Though it's strange that the bards never praise us for that in their songs.
ai.jpg
She was always gentle and kind. And you just come and kill her.

Simon doesn't respond. The mood grew quiet as we sneak our way out of the castle. The rain greeted us once more.

37.jpg

38.jpg

A few guards patrol with their dogs outside, but it's easy enough to avoid them in this open plains. We make our way to the walls, hoping to find a way to climb it and escape unnoticed.

39.jpg

A group of men clad in dark suits of chainmail suddenly steps out of the shadows of the trees.

I drew back my bow string.

agent.jpg
Hold on. We mean no harm.

An older man with grey hair and sharp features seems to be in charge of the three. He calmly keeps an eye on Simon and me, studying us briefly.

agent.jpg
M'lord Lyonson. I'm glad that we have finally found you.

He salutes Simon.

simon.jpg
Commander Klennard, if I'm not mistaken?
agent.jpg
Indeed. I am glad to see you here, Your Lordship. And alive and in one piece, at that.
simon.jpg
I am glad that you feel that way, Commander.
agent.jpg
We have secured your equipment, Your Lordship. One of my men has already taken it back to the hunting lodge.

The grey haired man turns to me.

agent.jpg
I assume these items belong to you?

He motions at one of the other men, who hands me the things I had left behind in the vault room.

ai.jpg
Yes, thank you.
simon.jpg
You've been to the vault, Commander?
agent.jpg
Yes, we have. Your Lordship, I do not have to tell you of the consequences, should your involvement in the affair at the treasury become public. His Grace has explicitly stated that he wishes all the necessary actions are taken in order to keep the situation under control.
simon.jpg
You mean my father's afraid that his enemies might use this little theft against him.
agent.jpg
I only serve the Emperor, Your Lordship. It is not my place to question His orders.
simon.jpg
I suppose that's true.
ai.jpg
You're the Emperor's son?
simon.jpg
His fourth-born, yes.

No wonder Jacia wanted him dead...

agent.jpg
My men are going to erase all evidence that you've been here. We are going to guide you back to your estates in Dhorn, making sure nobody in Betancuria spots you.
simon.jpg
Does this mean you'll kill Mortenson's men?

The man nods.

agent.jpg
With the exception of Colonel Benthur.

What!? Why?

agent.jpg
By your father's wish, he's going to take Lord Commander's Mortenson's place in the city. The Lord Commander's body has already been burnt.

Must be that old geezer that got burned my Alen's fireball..

simon.jpg
That's one way to keep a man quiet. Actually, that's two.
agent.jpg
Colonel Benthur will state that a grup of local thieves tried to steal the treasure from Castle Betancuria's vault, and begin a thorough investigation.
simon.jpg
What about Alen and Jero?
agent.jpg
Your brother, the High Cleric says they can still be revived. We shall take them with us, to Dhorn.

Fuck, what a waste. Jero should've stayed dead this time.

simon.jpg
Okay, good.

The man glances at me.

agent.jpg
Colonel Benthur insisted that the Princess be bought to him, however.

I silently ready my weapons.

simon.jpg
He insists? Is that so?
agent.jpg
He means to marry the Princess. His Grace has given His consent already. The marriage might help restore order and peace in Betancuria.

LP Comment: There is no choice to accept. We've been liberated of them. Totally. *lowers head in disgust*

simon.jpg
That is assuming you actually catch the Princess.
agent.jpg
Well, His Grace only charged us to bring you home. If Your Lordship haven't seen the Princess, I certainly haven't either.

Simon nods slowly.

agent.jpg
Your companion may climb over the outer wall with us, but then she'll be on her own.

The man points at the ladder leaning against the northern wall.

agent.jpg
She'll have to swim through the moat and sneak past the Colonel's me, but I assume that's not a problem.
ai.jpg
Of course not.
simon.jpg
Very well. Let's do it.

Simon turns to me.

simon.jpg
So I guess that's it.
ai.jpg
Don't be so sure about that. You'll hear from me. I haven't forgotten what Dhorn has done to me and my family.

He nods slowly.

simon.jpg
Be well, Aisha Hussein of Betancuria.

Without waiting for a response, Simon turns around and starts climbing up the ladder, the other men following close behind.

Music: Binary Sunset

40.jpg

Soon, I am alone again. I quickly climb up the ladder and look around once I'm on the wall, but everything's quiet. Nobody seems to have noticed me. I take a deep breath, then dive into the moat.

02.jpg

A short swim later, and I made it to the shore outside the castle. Time to find Vico and the rest.

03.jpg

A group of familiar figures are coming up the road, one of them being Alfons. When he spots me, he gives a huge sigh of relief.

pia.jpg
Aisha!

Pia rushes up to me and gives me a fierce hug. I hug her tightly, feeling relieved that Simon honored his promise.

pia.jpg
We were so worried..
vico.jpg
Hey there, birdie. You're looking good.
ai.jpg
I was hoping you get lost in the woods..
vico.jpg
Hehe, sorry to disappoint you.
an.jpg
We are most glad to have found you, Lady Aisha!
ai.jpg
Anden! It's so good to see you!
alf.jpg
We've been looking for you for days, gal! The whole city's buzzing with Dhorn searching for you!
ai.jpg
Damn you, Arto Benthur...
alf.jpg
Did you find out anything about Nathan's whereabouts?
ai.jpg
Yes. He's currently on a ship heading for Westwood. They want to take him and the others to a place called the Isle of Prisoners.
alf.jpg
I see...Okay, come. We need to get going.
ai.jpg
Where to?
alf.jpg
Those of us who're left have decided to leave the city for the moment. We're all meeting at the ruined house to the west.

Alfons leads me to a run down building not far away which may once have been a roadhouse. It is buzzing with various members of the Family. Looks like pretty much everyone who's left has come.

04.jpg

I frown. Is it such a good idea to meet at one single place? What if the Dhorn attack us now?

LP Comment: Oh, quit teasing us already!

Alfons walks into the middle of the room. The others are falling silent one by one when they spot him.

alf.jpg
Okay, is everyone here?

Alfons glances about.

alf.jpg
Very good. Aisha managed to find out where Nathan and the others are. They're on a ship heading for Westwood. The Dhorn are planning to take them to a dungeon called the Isle of Prisoners. In Dhorn.

Everyone starts talking when Alfons mentioned the island. There are shouts and voices of horror and disbelief. Alfons raises his hand.

alf.jpg
Please, be quiet. I know this all sounds bad, but perhaps we can free them before they reach Dhorn. We'll just have to plan-
len.jpg
Plan what? Attacking Dhorn? You cannot be serious, Alfons!
alf.jpg
I'm very serious, Lenton. We cannot leave Nathan and the rest in custody. We have to -
len.jpg
That's suicide! We could just as well invite the Dhorn to kill us all on the spot!

Again, everybody starts talking, until Alfons finally hushes them.

alf.jpg
I know that it won't be an easy thing to do, but what's the alternative? Do you all wish to stay in Betancuria until the Dhorn find you?
dal.jpg
We could leave the city and go somewhere else. Sargoza, for example.
yan.jpg
Yeah, right. I'm sure they are just waiting for another group of smugglers and thieves.
dra.jpg
Definitely not...
cyn.jpg
Our coffers are empty. I can't earn my money anymore. Do you know when I last had a warm meal?

LP Comment: Do you even need to eat in this game?!

cat.jpg
Rough times for an ugly mugger harlot, huh?
cyn.jpg
I imagine your business isn't any better, Cat.
cat.jpg
I'm not the one who's fucking sailors for breadcrumbs.
cyn.jpg
You bitch!
alf.jpg
Quiet! Both of you!
yan.jpg
But Cynn's got a point. If we stay at Betancuria, we're all going to starve sooner or later.
vico.jpg
Starve. Pshaw.
cat.jpg
We don't have to starve.

Cata points at me.

cat.jpg
All we have to do is hand that whore over to the Dhorn.

What? I blinked.

dra.jpg
What the fuck are you talking about, Cat?
cat.jpg
The Dhorn offer to pay one hundred thousand gold to anybody who'll bring them the girl. And a pardon. No questions asked.

Shit. That must've been a hard offer to refuse...

dra.jpg
Harr! One hundred thousand for Aisha? You must be kidding!
cat.jpg
I'm not. The girl's Princess Aisha Hussein of Betancuria. King Hussein's daughter.

Oh, she's really done it now...everyone starts talking. Some give me uncertain looks, some stare at me in disbelief, but most are just taken aback.

alf.jpg
PLEASE! SILENCE!! EVERYONE!!!

Alfon's voice thunders through the room.

len.jpg
The Princess? You, Aisha?

Lenton looks at me in astonishment.

alf.jpg
Cata's right. I AM the Princess.
cyn.jpg
How the fuck did you know that, Cat?!
cat.jpg
Nathan told Alfons and me. The night when Vico brought the girl in. Chella knew it, too. And Benny, who used to be a groom at the castle recognized her.
ken.jpg
Vico knew who she is?
vico.jpg
I brought her in, you bloody twit.

Alfons clears his throat.

alf.jpg
Nathan decided Aisha's true identity was best kept secret. For reasons like this.

He glares at Cata.

yan.jpg
And now you propose we give her to the Dhorn, Cat? And we'll get a pardon in exchange, plus gold?
vico.jpg
You'll get to feel my steel in your bowels. And that's it.

I look around the room, feeling uncomfortable. This gathering is turning out to be a bad idea...

cat.jpg
That little slut's not worth it, Vico.
pia.jpg
You can't be serious! The Dhorn would torture and kill her!
cat.jpg
You'll find another bitch to lick your cunt.
pia.jpg
You!
cat.jpg
No, not me.

LP Comment: LOL. Ice burn.

cat.jpg
The Dhorn really want the bitch. I spoke to them right after you sent her into the King's Forest.

Oh, so you're coming clean now, traitor?

vico.jpg
You fucking cunt!

Vico backhands Cata across the face. Cata glares back at Vico.

cat.jpg
Don't you all see? All we have to do is give Aisha to the Dhorn! Then we'll all be free, free to do whatever we want!
ai.jpg
Yes, right. Free.

I laugh sarcastically. Who is she fooling? What do they have to gain in letting a bunch of thieves and smugglers loose in the city after they have me?

alf.jpg
Aisha's right. Don't tell me you really trust the Dhorn to pardon you, Cat! They'll never pardon you! For them, you're just a group of thugs and thieves they want to squash! And even if. Do you think they'll just let you go back to your stealing ways? You've all seen what they do to people like us!
cat.jpg
The gold would allow those of us who wish to leave Betancuria to pay for their passage. And those of us who want to stay can start another career with the money.
dra.jpg
Well, I hear the weather be much better at Min Toras this season...
vico.jpg
Assuming you live to see it...
cyn.jpg
Vico, please...

Cynn puts her hand on Vico's arm.

cyn.jpg
We're your family. She's a noble! What have they ever done for us?

LP Comment: Aside from blowing up a tower, stealing the guard's list of names, rescuing one of your own, and slaying three prominent officers? Hmmmm.....

cyn.jpg
You surely won't turn against your family because of her?
vico.jpg
Save your spittle for your clients, Cynn.

Cynn sighs, withdrawing her hand.

pia.jpg
I'm going to defend Aisha with my life, if necessary.

LP Comment: Oh fuck you, I just have to stick a rod of your ass to rez you prolly.

alf.jpg
You're all fools if you trust the Dhorn!
ken.jpg
No! You're a fool if you want to free Nathan from that prison island!
cat.jpg
Nathan is as good as dead. You know that.
alf.jpg
Stop talking like that! Most of us wouldn't be here, wouldn't even be alive, I dare say, if not for him! The least we can do is try and free him!
cat.jpg
I say we hand the princess bitch over. Then we can decide what to do about Nathan.
alf.jpg
The Dhorn will just kill you.
cat.jpg
I've spoken with them on numerous occasions. And here I am, still.

LP Comment: So...you're behind all this? I mean, it doesn't take a lot of common sense to pin point the leak to Cata at this point, right? But there's no way we can use our Persuasion skills to convince the sheep. It's all auto pilot at this point.

pia.jpg
Traitor!
alf.jpg
I won't let you lead our people to their graves, Cata.

Alfons draws his weapons.

cat.jpg
You are doing that, Alfons. Not me.

Kenny walks over to Cata's side.

ken.jpg
Okay, who's with us?

He looks at the others.

alf.jpg
This is crazy!
dara.jpg
No, Cata's right.

Dara moves over to Cata.

dal.jpg
Sorry, lass.
ai.jpg
You're going to be very sorry indeed.
alf.jpg
Drago?

Drago gives me a long, pondering look.

dra.jpg
Sorry, Cat. But I don't be trusting them Dhorn either.

Vico nods at Drago. Cynn glances at Vico and shudders, then moves over to Alfon's and my side.

vico.jpg
Good choice, Cynn.

Lenton shakes his head.

len.jpg
I still bleive that your plan of breaking into a Dhorn prison island isn't too bright, Alfons. But I'll be damned if I ever put more trust in a Dhorn than in my family. Besides...I've always had a soft spot for pretty princesses in peril.

Smiling, he moves to my side.

yan.jpg
Lenton's right.
per.jpg
Yeah...

Yance, Perto and Pett move to my side. Cata turns to Anden.

cat.jpg
What about you, Ranger? Do you really want to upset the Dhorn authorities? Don't forget that your guild is on friendly terms with the Dhorn.
an.jpg
My place is with Lady Aisha. She has saved my life. It shall be hers, forever.
ai.jpg
Thank you, Anden. I'll make it up, somehow.

Kenny shakes his head, addressing the people by my side.

ken.jpg
You must be blind that you don't see how she bewitches you all! Oh sure, she has those sweet oh-so-innocent-looks about her, but all she really cares for is herself! She'll bring you to your doom! Just like her father did!
alf.jpg
Aisha, is a member of the Family, Kenny. And we care for our own. No matter who they are.
dara.jpg
If you cared for the Family, you'd stand on our side! The bitch never was a member of the Family, and never will be! She's bewitched Nathan, made him believe she was his adopted daughter. She probably fucked him again and again until he finally gave in! And now he's paid the price!

LP Comment: Running out of ideas, Valine?

ai.jpg
Fuck you.
alf.jpg
So what's it going to be, Cat? Do you truly wish to start a fight amongst us? Is that why you've brought those endearing gentlemen with you?

Alfons points at the group of men standing behind Cata.

cat.jpg
I won't let the princess bitch slips through my fingers. You can be sure of that. The rest of you can get out of here.

No one made a move.

cat.jpg
Alright, then die with the cunt!

05.jpg

Not good. We're surrounded.

06.jpg

Let's find a little bit of space while the fight breaks out.

07.jpg

And blast them with Sonic Burst!

08.jpg

I slip on Hyath's ring and bestow the blessing on Vico! That should keep the front line going.

09.jpg

Another sonic burst won't hurt.

10.jpg

And a Dire Wolf summon!

11.jpg

And a casting from the Wand of Heavens!

12.jpg

I silently bless my allies and dash into the fight...

13.jpg

Getting behind Cata!

14.jpg

Take THIS!

15.jpg

Finally, Cata and her supporters fell. Her knees bent, and she hissed a final curse before falling lifelessly onto the floor.

16.jpg

pia.jpg
That stupid evil bitch! Look what she's done!
ai.jpg
I know...
pia.jpg
I still can't believe it...

Pia shakes her head,

an.jpg
Is everything okay, Lady Aisha?
ai.jpg
I'm fine. What about you?

Anden smiles.

an.jpg
I'm good. That was a rough fight. I thank the Gods that they were on our side this day.
ai.jpg
We're alive, in any case.
an.jpg
Yes, indeed. We should tend the wounded now, M'lady.
vico.jpg
I wonder where Cata picked up those dickheads who fought for her. Probably promised them her cunt for their help. Too bad the fucking cunt is dead now.
ai.jpg
So many dead, all because of me.
vico.jpg
Don't let it get in your head, birdie. Most have fought against Cata because they don't trust the Dhorn.
ai.jpg
So, what do we do now?
alf.jpg
I still can't believe Cat would do this....

Alfons glances around, shaking his head.

vico.jpg
Want Aisha to revive Cat and the guys on her side for a little extra discussion?
alf.jpg
No. Let the rats feast on them. We've got more important things to do.
pia.jpg
Freeing Master Nathan, you mean?
alf.jpg
*He nods* We need to work it out how we can free Nathan and the rest of the gang. At least we know where they are, now.
vico.jpg
What do you propose?
alf.jpg
The Isle of Prisoners is an island in the Lake of Sorrow, deep in the Kingdom of Dhorn. It will take the Dhorn a while to get Nathan and the others to that dungeon. Our best chance is probably to intercept them on the way. Hold on.

He produces a rather large map from one of his pockets which shows Dhorn and my father's Kingdom. Unfolding the map on the floor, we bend over to study it.

alf.jpg
We're here. And there's Westwood.

Alfons points at a small village north of Betancuria, but still belonging to my father's kingdom. Just further to the north rise the Black Mountains, a huge mountain range which forms a natural border between my father's kingdom and Dhorn.

vico.jpg
Once they reach Westwood, they'll have to cross the Black Mountains in order to reach that lake...

He points at the Lake of Sorrow, located on the northern side of the Black Mountains.

vico.jpg
Plenty of chances to free Nathan, as I see it.

LP Comment: ......we wasted like...DAYS after their capture. THERE'S NO GODDAMN FUCKING CHANCE IN HELL IMO, BUT WHAT DO I KNOW?

alf.jpg
Yes, but we'll have to hurry. We don't know how far up the river they are by now.

LP Comment: No shit, Sherlock.

vico.jpg
Meaning only a few of us will go.
alf.jpg
Yes. Most of us are neither rangers, nor warriors. We belong to the city. And I'm not even going to mention the likes of Timmy or Joanna...
vico.jpg
You want to stay in Betancuria?
alf.jpg
I doubt that we'd be safe anywhere else. Betancuria, we know, at the very least.
vico.jpg
Then let's do it like this. You stay with the others and make sure they don't get themselves in trouble. Birdie and I are going to travel to Westwood and Moonville. ONce we've freed Nathan, we'll come back to Betancuria. Or we'll send word to you.
ai.jpg
Wait a moment, what makes you think I'd accompany you?
vico.jpg
You're too well-known in Betancuria, birdie. If you stay, it's only a matter of time until the Dhorn catch you. You'd put the whole Family at risk.

Anden clears his throat.

an.jpg
I'd like to offer my assistance as well. I know the lands surrounding Westwood. Their geography has been a favorite subject of mine during my studies. I've also been assigned to the Black Mountains in the past.
alf.jpg
You'd be willing to help us, Ranger? Why would you do that?
an.jpg
I owe my life to Lady Aisha. I consider it my duty to offer her my assistance.
ai.jpg
Thank you, Anden. Your help would be most welcome.
alf.jpg
Hm...

Alfons studies me for a few moments...

ai.jpg
Is something wrong?
alf.jpg
No..I just had to think of the little girl I saw when I first met you, and how things have changed.
ai.jpg
What do you mean?
alf.jpg
You've grown up.

He smiles.

pia.jpg
She's no little mouse anymore.
ai.jpg
Why, thank you.
pia.jpg
I'm going with her, Alfons. Sounds like we could use a little music along the way.

Alfons smiles and nods briefly.

alf.jpg
Alright, then it's settled. I'll try to find a ship that'll take to Westwood as fast as possible. With a little luck you may be able to catch up to Nathan and the others before they enter Dhorn.

Vico nods.

alf.jpg
Please be careful, and don't get caught.
ai.jpg
I'll do my best, I promise.

The party rose. It's time to rescue Master Nathan. The Family is broken up once more...

Music: The Rebel Fleet

And this is the end of the first part of the module.
Thank you for bearing with this LP till the end. I sure as hell am hating it towards the end. This had been an uneven ride. At some point, Valine simply forgot about the player's motivation and completely went into some...unrelated adventures. The module's quality suffers as a result.

In my honest opinion, the beginning parts is where the module truly shines. The low level characters are forced to work for their gear, and really earn that level. Once the Seven Lessons are complete, the module starts to lose direction, even pointing the Princess towards a mandatory expedition outside Betancuria without any explanation why this should be the case.

Ravenstower is probably the straw that broke the camel's back. It's long, railroaded, and extremely boring to trudge through. I used my last ounce of motivation to get back in the game after that...the Dhorn making their move IS a welcome change of pace. I really begin to get into the module's mood once more, then the bank heist sucked all the will from me again. I'm just glad part one ENDS HERE.

Well, that's that. Thanks for reading. It's been a ride!

41.jpg

Mrowak

Arcane
Well, this was mighty entertaining. No homo :love: for your noble sacrifice. :salute:

Actually, at one point I believed this mod was freaking awesome, with so many options and stuff. Even corny sex scenes didn't really bother me (Sengoku Rance must have done something to me).

And then it just fell apart... Still, I had more fun with this module (reading it here and playing it myself) than with all NWN official campaings put together.

Edit: Also

Lenton looks at me in astonishment.

alf.jpg

So we gave two princesses in hiding - one doing it better than the other. What an unexpected turn of events. :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
Well, as I said, this mod could pass as a Bioware product: Awesome premise, interesting beginning, utter crap at the end. And the sequels seems to be worse (as what happens with Bioware games). Congrats for the lp, if you want to do a lp of another module I recommend the Conan or the Maugeter ones.

RK47

Patron
Not at the moment. I'm busy selling cheese. :obviously:

capplus_001.png

Erebus

Arcane
Well, you did much better than I during the final battle, that's for sure ! I had to use that Rod of Resurrection a lot to bring back all the people who'd fought for me.

RK47 said:
alf.jpg

[Bluff] No, I am Spartacus !

Cynn glances at Vico and shudders, then moves over to Alfon's and my side.

vico.jpg
Good choice, Cynn.

Valine can actually be subtle when she tries. She does a nice job of suggesting that Cynn has good reasons to fear Vico and that it's the only reason she joins our side.

In my honest opinion, the beginning parts is where the module truly shines. The low level characters are forced to work for their gear, and really earn that level. Once the Seven Lessons are complete, the module starts to lose direction, even pointing the Princess towards a mandatory expedition outside Betancuria without any explanation why this should be the case.

Ravenstower is probably the straw that broke the camel's back. It's long, railroaded, and extremely boring to trudge through. I used my last ounce of motivation to get back in the game after that...the Dhorn making their move IS a welcome change of pace. I really begin to get into the module's mood once more, then the bank heist sucked all the will from me again.

From what I understand, Valine has made many successive additions to this module. I wouldn't be surprised if the parts that have little or nothing to do with the main plot were not part of the original module. Valine may have just added these missions without realizing it would hurt the module as a whole.
The Hyath dungeon wasn't too bad, but it could have been shorter. Ravenstower was absurdly railroaded. And the heist does not work at all as the last mission of the game.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the LP !

Sacculina

Educated
Thanks for playing this so we won't have to, RK47. Despite all the :shock: I was still curious enough to download the module and open it in the Aurora toolset. Wow. I don't have anything against the inclusion of sex, prostitution and rape per se--but the excrutiating detail!The XP rewards for sluttiness! The choices (1. whimper; 2. moan; 3. 'Fuck me harder!' 4. say nothing)! I'm not at all familiar with this type of 'literature', so that may be why I was just plain dumbfounded by the lengthy dialogue trees for, of all things, masturbation (complete with optional fantasizing during the act). So yeah, thanks again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom