Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's ALL Play Haven & Hearth: The Founding of Codexia

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Done. Welcome to Codexia!

hpmons

Novice
I just joined on a whim. Anyone fancy leading me to Codexia? Username is hpmons, character name is Acario

Josan

Hi Codexians!

I've settled some distance up the river, and one of claim-mates reported Josan dropping by and trading some stuff.
Just wanted to know if you've had any more problems with him after the reported chest theft, or did he mellow?

Live and prosper :)

Ch1ef

Scholar
Sup guyz, i'm inside the game. Sooo... where is the land of milk and bitches?

Ch1ef

Scholar
Hmmmm... mb you just come to the Ring? :D
Damn, this map is fucked up.Ehehehe.
Yeah, Codexia. Cool.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
For those wanting pickup, there is an easy way. The downside is either myself or Havoc have to be online.

Simply fast travel to Brodgar, add the newbie into a party with Havoc or myself. We can then swear them into the village via the party avatars on the left and they and you can simply fast travel back to Codexia.

Assuming the server is up, I try and get on for few hours a day. Havoc is on quite a bit.

Failing that, boating is the only way to get them to the village unless newbies feel up for the walk (which can be kinda fun, gives you a chance to check out Brodgar and such).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
DarkUnderlord said:
unless newbies feel up for the walk (which can be kinda fun, gives you a chance to check out Brodgar and such)
the strong will walk. the weak will be devoured by avu, to serve as fertilizer for the dread fields.

kazgar

Arcane
Walks useful, at least north until the river junction, its good to discover rabbits and fruit trees and sticks and the things you can start interacting with, of which there isn't much near the ring of brogdar.

It's...kinda creepy near the entrance right now. I'm having flashbacks to some of those 'after the massacre' scenes I've played through. 'cept these were played by actual people.

Educated
Holy fuck, DRAMA indeed!

It'll take me a while to read all that crap (it seems amusing so far after two pages so I'll try to endure ;) ) so did you all quit or what?

I've been to Codexia few times today and it was all empty (I managed to have a quick chat with a fisherman at your gate once -when I was in a hurry- but it was before the attack) - major butthurt or just time zones?

Fezzik

Cipher
You should ask DU for access to the H&H sub-forum to know details, 27.

Black Cat

Magister
I have to say that after hearing and reading so much about Fair Codexia's reputation as badass stuff and hardcore thingies it was disapointing to see you were all, like, wiped out by a bunch of Goons while i was there believing you would be the evil pillaging horde of this gamey game. So much for evil reputations and stuffy stuff, nya. :(

Murk

Arcane
Black Cat said:
I have to say that after hearing and reading so much about Fair Codexia's reputation as badass stuff and hardcore thingies it was disapointing to see you were all, like, wiped out by a bunch of Goons while i was there believing you would be the evil pillaging horde of this gamey game. So much for evil reputations and stuffy stuff, nya. :(

This attack wasn't as diabolical as it sounds - its just that with a game where 40 people are on the entire thing at any given time, even 1 or 2 deaths is a BIG ISSUE cuz, like, an actual percentage of the game world just got killed. Our death toll was Avu, Haba, Country_Grave (noob), and I believe one other person that was a noob? Kaiserin was killed as she was logging in, that is, before she eve had a chance to even control her character (spawn-camped). Avu was fishing while alt-tabbing the game, as much of the grind in the game is monotonous and boring and not combat related. I don't know the circumstances of Haba's death. I believe he was just going through town when he got ganked.

Btw - there was retaliation as one of the other powerful factions went Jihad on the offending parties' town and wiped the floor with their characters. The events led for the GOONs leader to be ousted and a more neutral/friendly person to take place.

Murk

Arcane
27 said:
Holy fuck, DRAMA indeed!

It'll take me a while to read all that crap (it seems amusing so far after two pages so I'll try to endure ;) ) so did you all quit or what?

I've been to Codexia few times today and it was all empty (I managed to have a quick chat with a fisherman at your gate once -when I was in a hurry- but it was before the attack) - major butthurt or just time zones?

No one's quit the game, but Codexia has mostly been abandoned. We have plans to use it, possibly, as a noob training ground for new players who want to cut their teeth on something other than building wicker baskets and bone saws.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
27 said:
So, anyone still playing?
Hell yeah mother-fucker! The grind continues on. Most of the stuff happens online. Mainly because the easiest way to let people know what's going on is when they log in. Codexia will still remain as a town for nubs to join and learn stuff at. We've moved the higher Q stuff out though with a bit better planning so low skill nubs don't have to worry about ruining the farms or anything like that with their Level 1 Farming.

Murk

Arcane
and guess what DU? Server just went poof.

also: kin systems been changed, floating names are now go when you mouse over known people (wooooo)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom