Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm surprised they updated Skyrim out of nowhere before the promised Fallout 4 engine upgrade that was supposed to be out last year.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I play it offline, so it doesn't bother me. The "Legendary" Edition, that is.
But, yeah, why the sudden interest in Skyrim when Starfield was supposed to be so successful?

Gargaune

Magister
< laughs in legendary edition

P.S. < also laughs in 2023-update-to-decade-old-game-which-doesn't-even-add-raytracing

Starfield is still selling well for a game that isn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls, but even if it wasn't, it was released this september and patching Skyrim would require a few meetings first. It's more likely they wanted some extra money from the Skyrim purchases resulting of Bethesda being in the headlines with a new game and have been planning this since before Starfield was released.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Starfield is still selling well for a game that isn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls, but even if it wasn't, it was released this september and patching Skyrim would require a few meetings first. It's more likely they wanted some extra money from the Skyrim purchases resulting of Bethesda being in the headlines with a new game and have been planning this since before Starfield was released.
Bethesda is testing waters for bringing back paid mods in force for Shartfield.

Their future course of action will adapt according to the outcry this little stunt generates.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Starfield is still selling well for a game that isn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls,

It was always going to sell decent at the very least. Some games, with the marketing dollars behind it, the company that made it, will always sell. The game took a long time to make and cost 200 million dollars (or more). I don't think Starfield performed in the manner Bethesda and Microsoft envisioned. I honestly feel like they thought it would be like Skyrim in popularity.

Azdul

Magister
And it doesn't apply to the gog version lmao.
There will be update for GOG - but no date was given.

As GOG allows to download older versions through Galaxy or offline installers and basically downgrade to any version that you like - and includes both Legendary and Special editions - it is not a big issue.

I believe it's the first time this GOG policy paid off.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As GOG allows to download older versions through Galaxy or offline installers and basically downgrade to any version that you like - and includes both Legendary and Special editions - it is not a big issue.

Just gotta see if Requiem works on gog and I'm all set.

Azdul

Magister

Just gotta see if Requiem works on gog and I'm all set.
I was able to install Requiem 5.4.4 by manually copying directories to where Reqtificator was expecting them.

According to Requiem changelog - 5.4.5 was supposed to locate them automatically for GOG version - but I'm not 100% sure if it does.

Wildlander - that incorporates Requiem - definitely uses older version and does not support GOG at all. And of course latest Steam update also breaks Wildlander - and requires installing 'downgrade'.

Funposter

Arcane
The shot of the Brena River at 5:10 seems to indicate that some of the landscape will take inspiration from the Unique Landscapes plugins for Oblivion, such as this one. Further inspection reveals that the River Ethe plugin has made its way in, too, as have some of the landscape additions from Chorrol Hinterland. As you can see in the screenshot below. I wouldn't be surprised if several other plugins have made their way into Beyond Skyrim in some form, and I'd fully expect their Morrowind release to take heavy inspiration from Tamriel Rebuilt.

DxG3ZY0.png

Lemming42

Arcane
So this and Skyblivion are two separate projects? It'll be interesting to see two different interpretations of Cyrodiil, especially since both projects seem interested in trying to move away from the Middle Earth of the original Oblivion.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Now that Todd has fallen it's all on these guys(?) to fulfill the Elder Scrolls vision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom