Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many units will AoD sell? The bets are ON!

Well?

• <500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 - 1,000

• 1,000 - 2,500

• 2,500 - 5,000

• 5,000 - 10,000

• 10,000 - 50,000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 7219

If it does ever get released, I'll buy it, because I am intrigued about the prospect of choices and consequences. But I reckon a lot of Codexers will pirate it, stealing things seems to be the cool thing to do around here.

bhlaab

Erudite
Hhn8O.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bhlaab said:

That doesn't say much. Do you think many people are that interested in indie games that might never be released to post on official forum?

curry

Arcane
TripJack said:
:lol: come on guys it's impossible to sell vaporware unless you have a master con artist on the payroll

This.

And the thread should be renamed "How many people are willing to waste money on virtual feces?"

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guys, are you gonna pirate AoD? Like - really? I understand when someone pirates oblibian, ME or arcania if they want to see for themselves if they are really shit, their devs and publishers deserve no money for these turds. However I just cannot understand why would anyone pirate good cRPGs if they want more of them. Either you support devs making games like that or shut the fuck up and stop whining about the decline, because you actually tell them to die.

MCA
We don't know if AoD is good since it's not out. At the very least, camera in the combat demo is shit, otherwise it looks like it will be good but "pirate first - buy later" is a 100% viable strategy as with any other title.

I'm still buying it day one, though. Just so I'm not mistaken for them filthy pirates :troll:

Arem

Scholar
Vast majority of kodexers will pirate AoD, finish it 7 times while trying to find something they can rage against. And rage they will. At graphix.
When the price drops to 1$ a decade later, they will finally buy it to support the developer.
:rpgcodex:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
villain of the story said:
We don't know if AoD is good since it's not out. At the very least, camera in the combat demo is shit, otherwise it looks like it will be good but "pirate first - buy later" is a 100% viable strategy as with any other title.

There's going to be a fucking huge demo.

Regdar

Arcane
This may come as a surprise, but a lot of people living in the third world don't have credit cards (or debit cards), especially students. Webmoney and PayPal accounts aren't all that common, either. Most people when they want something they can't find in the store just order it online and pay the courier at their doorstep.

On the other hand, those people don't represent a loss of revenue to the developer when they pirate, because barely any one of them would buy the game even if piracy wasn't an option. They just wouldn't go through the trouble of acquiring a debit card (which can take up to 2 weeks) for the sake of buying a game.

I'm not even talking about 50$ (and I understand that AoD will cost a lot less than that) being MORE than the minimum SALARY when converted into some currencies. Life in the FSU is a bitch.

Tycn

Savant
I have to say, your rage is as exquisite as your regular posts. I'd put serious thought to doing that more often.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Norfleet said:
Few to none. I find it very difficult to imagine how an nonexistent product can be sold. At this point this AoD thing is a bigger joke than Duike Nukem Forever. At least I hear they FINALLY managed to put SOMETHING out.
Releasing SOMETHING isn't the point of the fucking exercise, is it?

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Humanity has risen! said:
GarfunkeL said:
I think VD mentioned once that when they get close to release, they will get in touch with Valve.

Even then it's not a guarantee of acceptance, Steam turns down/ignores indie developers all the time.

They did it to Jeff Vogel with Avadon.
Avadon was shit though :thumbsup:

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Sub said:
Azrael the cat said:
About a quarter of the Codex population consists of alts or one-time long forgotten accounts. About 1/3 consists of people who don't even play games, any games.

I know I've already raged about that in several threads, and called for their banning on one occasion (when DU said that the size of the forums was risking the Codex's viability), but every time I'm reminded of that fact it freaks me out all over again.

What kind of person is so socially malodorous that they have to turn to a random computer game forum for interaction, when they have absolutely no interest in computer games - like every other forum that's dedicated to general interaction has either banned them, laughed at them or otherwise had enough of their shit, and they end up at the Codex because there's nowhere else left.

Especially that fucking Sub poster that started here a few months back. No interest in computer games at all, let alone rpgs - to the point that when asked by Andhaira she reacted with a 'lol no I don't play games', as though computer games are too nerdy and hence below her, when she's the one frequenting a computer game forum constantly throwing out sexual innuendos and reminding people that she's female so that she gets some desperation-addled nerdboy attention. How hideous do you have to look in real life before you start turning to net forums where you have absolutely no interest in the subject matter of the forum, just so you can get SOME flirtatious attention. And even then, not much - as evidenced by the 'hey! I'm here and I'm female! I fuck skeletons!'

Too pussy to say it to my face Azrael that you have to resort to tiny text and in an area of the fora where I don't normally go? Your butthurt is rather palpable.

Instead of attempting to educate me as some people here have done about games and comics, all you have done is spew hate. I don't know which is more hateful, that I'm actually female or that I'm a non-gamer. Just because I'm not interested in a subject does not mean that I will never be. Constant exposure can spark interest. And I am interested in the opinion of the Codex regarding games. After all, you are all gentlemen who have exquisite taste, right?

I may not be interested in computer games but there are people in my life who are. Why can't I hang out somewhere I can actually read about what may be good or appropriate and get good advice? No one knows his stuff more than a fanboi does. And do you see me cluttering up the Gaming fora? I stay in GD. It's that part of the Codex that interests me. And I stay there. Isn't that the part of the forum where you can talk about anything that is NOT gaming related?

Also, calling me hideous can be interpreted as a poor attempt to get me to produce pictures to prove that I am neither tranny/male nor hideous. I'm not saying that it is, just that it can be interpreted as such. So be careful there.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Feel free to keep hating. No need to do it tiny text too.

How lonely are both of you in real life? :smug:

Konjad

Patron
Regdar said:
This may come as a surprise, but a lot of people living in the third world don't have credit cards (or debit cards), especially students. Webmoney and PayPal accounts aren't all that common, either. Most people when they want something they can't find in the store just order it online and pay the courier at their doorstep.

On the other hand, those people don't represent a loss of revenue to the developer when they pirate, because barely any one of them would buy the game even if piracy wasn't an option. They just wouldn't go through the trouble of acquiring a debit card (which can take up to 2 weeks) for the sake of buying a game.

I'm not even talking about 50$ (and I understand that AoD will cost a lot less than that) being MORE than the minimum SALARY when converted into some currencies. Life in the FSU is a bitch.

Are you in such a place?

Obviously I was talking to the codexers who live in Europe/Americas/Australia/New Zealand and other semi-developed places, which is like 100% (at worst 99.9%) of the codex. If someone in here is from Somalia or Nigeria then feel free to pirate everything, you have my blessing, but I doubt anyone from these places would have internet connection and care about posting in such a forum.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Konjad said:
Regdar said:

Are you in such a place?

Obviously I was talking to the codexers who live in Europe/Americas/Australia/New Zealand and other semi-developed places, which is like 100% (at worst 99.9%) of the codex. If someone in here is from Somalia or Nigeria then feel free to pirate everything, you have my blessing, but I doubt anyone from these places would have internet connection and care about posting in such a forum.
I hate this world. One day, new gods will return it will all end. All the exploitation and senseless discrimination. One day, the world will burn. With a beautiful flame of their wrath.
You will never know the names of these gods :lol: .

Regdar

Arcane
Konjad said:
Are you in such a place?

I was trying to say "second world" but hurred derply. Sorry about that. Basically I was describing post-Soviet states in Eastern Europe like Ukraine, who is the GDP per capita leader of the bunch but still poorer than Greece.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
You guys fucking suck

I will buy this game, and you have no business here if you don't /AoD fanboy

Seriously stop speaking about your sex lives aarrrrghghghgghh

Sub said:
Too pussy to say it to my face Azrael that you have to resort to tiny text and in an area of the fora where I don't normally go?

Actually I did say it to your face. Right in the very thread where you declared your non-interest in the subject matter of this forum.

Sub said:
Instead of attempting to educate me as some people here have done about games and comics, all you have done is spew hate. I don't know which is more hateful, that I'm actually female or that I'm a non-gamer. Just because I'm not interested in a subject does not mean that I will never be. Constant exposure can spark interest. And I am interested in the opinion of the Codex regarding games. After all, you are all gentlemen who have exquisite taste, right?

Of course, I should apologise for having missed the threads you seem to be referring to, where you expressed your interest in finding out about crpgs. Having said that, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Lots of other threads of new folk asking those kind of questions, with lots of helpful responses from members, but I just can't seem to find yours anywhere...

Incidentally, I'm not sure where you got the female thing from - it isn't as though I've ever given crap to Lesi or other females on the site. And I wouldn't take issue with someone being a non-gamer. Non-gamers crashing a gaming site, on the other hand, with no interest in the topic? That's just plain weird and it begs the question of why on earth you'd be motivated to come here in the first place, rather than one of the countless places devoted to more generalist interests.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Sub said:
Azrael the cat said:
About a quarter of the Codex population consists of alts or one-time long forgotten accounts. About 1/3 consists of people who don't even play games, any games.

I know I've already raged about that in several threads, and called for their banning on one occasion (when DU said that the size of the forums was risking the Codex's viability), but every time I'm reminded of that fact it freaks me out all over again.

What kind of person is so socially malodorous that they have to turn to a random computer game forum for interaction, when they have absolutely no interest in computer games - like every other forum that's dedicated to general interaction has either banned them, laughed at them or otherwise had enough of their shit, and they end up at the Codex because there's nowhere else left.

Especially that fucking Sub poster that started here a few months back. No interest in computer games at all, let alone rpgs - to the point that when asked by Andhaira she reacted with a 'lol no I don't play games', as though computer games are too nerdy and hence below her, when she's the one frequenting a computer game forum constantly throwing out sexual innuendos and reminding people that she's female so that she gets some desperation-addled nerdboy attention. How hideous do you have to look in real life before you start turning to net forums where you have absolutely no interest in the subject matter of the forum, just so you can get SOME flirtatious attention. And even then, not much - as evidenced by the 'hey! I'm here and I'm female! I fuck skeletons!'

Too pussy to say it to my face Azrael that you have to resort to tiny text and in an area of the fora where I don't normally go? Your butthurt is rather palpable.

I may not be interested in computer games but there are people in my life who are. Why can't I hang out somewhere I can actually read about what may be good or appropriate and get good advice? No one knows his stuff more than a fanboi does. And do you see me cluttering up the Gaming fora? I stay in GD. It's that part of the Codex that interests me. And I stay there. Isn't that the part of the forum where you can talk about anything that is NOT gaming related?

Also, calling me hideous can be interpreted as a poor attempt to get me to produce pictures to prove that I am neither tranny/male nor hideous. I'm not saying that it is, just that it can be interpreted as such. So be careful there.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Feel free to keep hating. No need to do it tiny text too.
How did you find the codex?What do you think about dildos and the chinese people? How did you find this thread? How do you say something to someone's face on a forum that doesn't even allow embedding video?

Melcar

Arcane
In before Sub is discovered to be another tranny with mental problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom