Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many units will AoD sell? The bets are ON!

Well?

• <500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 - 1,000

• 1,000 - 2,500

• 2,500 - 5,000

• 5,000 - 10,000

• 10,000 - 50,000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
And you care because.... why villain of the story?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How many users does the Codex have? About that unless some quality marketing ($$$ to gamespot/ign :lol:) starts to build some hype.

MCA
VD, what do you think of GoG? A lot of us would love to see AoD there, I think and GoG's publicity is growing pretty fast, too.

Jaesun said:
And you care because.... why villain of the story?

Hi, Summer. I know that feeling you have. You think you are curious or being smart or whatever. Just another impulse which led you to write that silly and irrelevant post. It's called itching. The itching to retardo a thread just because, because you have retardoed so many before it and so it has started to become a part of who and what you are. Like many Summers before. Perhaps you haven't noticed how this impulse have eroded you to a finger deep pool of sewage. Or perhaps you have but you don't care. That's a trait pigs have. Swimming in their own shit ever happily.

And why do you care why I care?

Rivmusique said:
How many users does the Codex have? About that unless some quality marketing ($$$ to gamespot/ign :lol:) starts to build some hype.

About a quarter of the Codex population consists of alts or one-time long forgotten accounts. About 1/3 consists of people who don't even play games, any games. Actually only a fraction of the total member count are real people who have registered here for RPGs before anything else. So, of 8954 members, I'd wager that there are about 500, 1000 at most, who care about RPGs and even among this bunch, there's a good amount of pirates/poor people. Codexers who care about RPGs and have the means to buy games must be about a few hundred.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Going to need some Steam achievements, too! Get on that, VD!

hanssolo

Educated
question is loaded, here's a better one:

how many preorders will AoD sell?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it does not go on Steam:
about 5 000 - 10 000 during first months after release
20 000 - 30 000 during next years

If it goes on Steam:
About 50 000 copies after release date and up to one million later on thanks to sales :M

Regdar

Arcane
Any examples of dialogue-heavy, isometric TB RPGs on Steam? What's their criteria for accepting indie titles, anyway?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Regdar said:
Any examples of dialogue-heavy, isometric TB RPGs on Steam? What's their criteria for accepting indie titles, anyway?
Well they have those shitty Winter-something games.

villain of the story said:
About a quarter of the Codex population consists of alts or one-time long forgotten accounts. About 1/3 consists of people who don't even play games, any games.

I know I've already raged about that in several threads, and called for their banning on one occasion (when DU said that the size of the forums was risking the Codex's viability), but every time I'm reminded of that fact it freaks me out all over again.

What kind of person is so socially malodorous that they have to turn to a random computer game forum for interaction, when they have absolutely no interest in computer games - like every other forum that's dedicated to general interaction has either banned them, laughed at them or otherwise had enough of their shit, and they end up at the Codex because there's nowhere else left.

Especially that fucking Sub poster that started here a few months back. No interest in computer games at all, let alone rpgs - to the point that when asked by Andhaira she reacted with a 'lol no I don't play games', as though computer games are too nerdy and hence below her, when she's the one frequenting a computer game forum constantly throwing out sexual innuendos and reminding people that she's female so that she gets some desperation-addled nerdboy attention. How hideous do you have to look in real life before you start turning to net forums where you have absolutely no interest in the subject matter of the forum, just so you can get SOME flirtatious attention. And even then, not much - as evidenced by the 'hey! I'm here and I'm female! I fuck skeletons!'

Shannow

Waster of Time
Azrael the cat said:
About a quarter of the Codex population consists of alts or one-time long forgotten accounts. About 1/3 consists of people who don't even play games, any games.

I know I've already raged about that in several threads, and called for their banning on one occasion (when DU said that the size of the forums was risking the Codex's viability), but every time I'm reminded of that fact it freaks me out all over again.

What kind of person is so socially malodorous that they have to turn to a random computer game forum for interaction, when they have absolutely no interest in computer games - like every other forum that's dedicated to general interaction has either banned them, laughed at them or otherwise had enough of their shit, and they end up at the Codex because there's nowhere else left.

Especially that fucking Sub poster that started here a few months back. No interest in computer games at all, let alone rpgs - to the point that when asked by Andhaira she reacted with a 'lol no I don't play games', as though computer games are too nerdy and hence below her, when she's the one frequenting a computer game forum constantly throwing out sexual innuendos and reminding people that she's female so that she gets some desperation-addled nerdboy attention. How hideous do you have to look in real life before you start turning to net forums where you have absolutely no interest in the subject matter of the forum, just so you can get SOME flirtatious attention. And even then, not much - as evidenced by the 'hey! I'm here and I'm female! I fuck skeletons!'
'Sup?

Norfleet

Few to none. I find it very difficult to imagine how an nonexistent product can be sold. At this point this AoD thing is a bigger joke than Duike Nukem Forever. At least I hear they FINALLY managed to put SOMETHING out.

Sub

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:

Too pussy to say it to my face Azrael that you have to resort to tiny text and in an area of the fora where I don't normally go? Your butthurt is rather palpable.

Instead of attempting to educate me as some people here have done about games and comics, all you have done is spew hate. I don't know which is more hateful, that I'm actually female or that I'm a non-gamer. Just because I'm not interested in a subject does not mean that I will never be. Constant exposure can spark interest. And I am interested in the opinion of the Codex regarding games. After all, you are all gentlemen who have exquisite taste, right?

I may not be interested in computer games but there are people in my life who are. Why can't I hang out somewhere I can actually read about what may be good or appropriate and get good advice? No one knows his stuff more than a fanboi does. And do you see me cluttering up the Gaming fora? I stay in GD. It's that part of the Codex that interests me. And I stay there. Isn't that the part of the forum where you can talk about anything that is NOT gaming related?

Also, calling me hideous can be interpreted as a poor attempt to get me to produce pictures to prove that I am neither tranny/male nor hideous. I'm not saying that it is, just that it can be interpreted as such. So be careful there.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Feel free to keep hating. No need to do it tiny text too.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
O snap, son. It's on now! Anyway, back to the topic -- they won't release on GoG. Other than their own titles CD Projekt doesn't release new games. Even new indie games that are 'old school.' Also, surrender to your overlord, GabeN~

Mortmal

Arcane
Impossible to tell, we dont know if it will go on steam or not, and even if its good or not, and what about the price ?.
Indies like terraria sold over 200K already, this one doesnt shine by graphics but by pure gameplay.Who could have guessed something with 8bits graphics could have sold that much?
I think if AOD is good, on steam and pricing around 20$ ,it could reach 50K+ easily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom