Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
As long as 7thheaven modmanager exists I wouldn't touch this shit. There are several very good mods for ff7, from gfx and sound mods to gameplay overhauls like new threat. It's still shitty ff7 ofc.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Epic Games Exclusive"

Too bad, I was really looking forward to replaying the game on PC. I just can't be bothered to install the Epic Games Launcher and divide my game library.
Don't sweat. There are steam files in the Epic install, so it is just a matter of time. Just let the fools beta test the Steam release.

ADL

Prophet
Out of sheer curiosity I downloaded a repack with the "essential mods" to make it run a little better and it still stutters on a high spec system. Don't even bother pirating this until it gets sorted out. Funny how XV on Luminous runs better than a UE4 game which does most of the heavy lifting natively.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Out of sheer curiosity I downloaded a repack with the "essential mods" to make it run a little better and it still stutters on a high spec system. Don't even bother pirating this until it gets sorted out. Funny how XV on Luminous runs better than a UE4 game which does most of the heavy lifting natively.
Run it in dx11 mode, stutters are almost nil.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Tyrr

Liturgist
Adults who get off on anime or video game characters should be put on a sex offender list.
That would be a big list.
9Iy13XU.jpg

When you guys said this game was padded I thought it was hyperbole. Then I reached the second reactor mission :argh:

We need to sabotage some mech prototype: Walk into a room, fight mooks, find keycard and use into computer to disable component 1 from mech > linear corridor to next room, same sequence as before, but I have to choose 1 out of 2 components to disable > same shit into third room. Now 1 out of 3 components > 4th room and guess what ? This time there 4 flavors to choose from.
This game is the naruto filler of vydia.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When you guys said this game was padded I thought it was hyperbole. Then I reached the second reactor mission :argh:

We need to sabotage some mech prototype: Walk into a room, fight mooks, find keycard and use into computer to disable component 1 from mech > linear corridor to next room, same sequence as before, but I have to choose 1 out of 2 components to disable > same shit into third room. Now 1 out of 3 components > 4th room and guess what ? This time there 4 flavors to choose from.

Did it somehow fly by you that those options determine what fighting the boss is like? The point of that sequence is that when you're playing the first time, you have no idea how many of the components you'll be able to disable, so you have to make the best strategic decisions you can.

Last edited:

Did it somehow fly by you that those options determine what fighting the boss is like? The point of that sequence is that when you're playing the first time, you have no idea how many of the components you'll be able to disable, so you have to make the best strategic decisions you can.
Oh totally, that is not the issue. It's just the repetition.
Enter room>kill everyone>search ID card>select component>take corridor to next room. Repeat the sequence 4 times. That are smarter ways to achieve the final results that don't require burning your time. That entire mission is overly long.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh totally, that is not the issue. It's just the repetition.
Enter room>kill everyone>search ID card>select component>take corridor to next room. Repeat the sequence 4 times. That are smarter ways to achieve the final results that don't require burning your time. That entire mission is overly long.

Repetition is part and parcel with jrpg play man. :M

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Dude. That is true of EVERY game EVER created. EVER. There is not one game - be it video, board, or sport that isn't 'repetitive'. LMAO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom