Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Unwanted

†††

Patron
WTF guys, how many final fantasy 7s does there need to be? There are numbers other than 7!

I just don't remember the story being so deep or interesting that it needs to be retold... what is this, like 10 times now?
SE won't rest until we have 7777 Final Fantasy 7s

FF7_Lucky_7s-1920w-389214257.jpeg

arekks

Novice
I already played FF7 Remake multiple times on PS4 & PS5, yet I bought the game again for £44 to play it at 4K with high framerates. It's nice but these fuckers could at least fix the stutter

ADL

Prophet
I finally finished this and it's giving me strong Evangelion Rebuild vibes which isn't a bad thing. I didn't pay the $70 but I think I could justify that price since it took me forty hours with a lot of side quests and I enjoyed it with Intergrade intact. You just have to consider that it's a substantially expanded version of Midgar instead of getting pissed that it's "a third of a game".
What started as a remake became its own individual thing that acknowledges the events of the original and heavily remixes the events and that interests me far more than playing a straight up remake of a game I played 20+ years ago.
I'll play Rebirth I just hope it doesn't take as long to hit Steam. That shit was retarded.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I thought the price was high as well, but it is worth it.
I already played FF7 Remake multiple times on PS4 & PS5, yet I bought the game again for £44 to play it at 4K with high framerates. It's nice but these fuckers could at least fix the stutter
I'm not normally someone to point out join dates, but what the fuck is wrong with Codexers who joined in 2022?

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not normally someone to point out join dates, but what the fuck is wrong with Codexers who joined in 2022?
Did you like the original? I agree the price was too high, but it is a really well done remake with a lot of fresh new takes. If you didn't like the original I can see why you wouldn't be interested in a remake.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Did you like the original? I agree the price was too high, but it is a really well done remake with a lot of fresh new takes. If you didn't like the original I can see why you wouldn't be interested in a remake.
I love the original, which is why I hate everything about the remake.

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I love the original, which is why I hate everything about the remake.
Did you explain why in a different post I can read? I'd love to hear your reasoning.

somerandomdude

Learned
I liked Stranger in Paradise better than FFVIIR. For a number of reasons. You had actual builds, and could do some fun stuff with the combat, and it felt like I had some amount of agency. In the original FFVII, you could do some crazy stuff with materia combos, and your options are extremely limited in FFVIIR to the point where it's a totally false sense of agency.

The boss fights (most of them) were poorly done, I didn't care much at all for the phase change mechanics. You're getting ready to finish a boss off with a limit break after you broke their gauge, and blerp, phase change, bars get reset, and then you gotta spend another few minutes chipping it down until the next block of cinematics takes place. Not challenging, I just wish it would have let me finish the boss off sooner, because I did pay attention to the mechanics and positioned myself perfectly for a finisher, which was denied to me. For reasons like this, it felt like I was simply playing an interactive movie, and not really a game. I played part of the way through the game, but never finished it.

Wouldn't recommend it for $69.99, or even .99, anyone interested could wait on it to be free again on EGS, or just pirate the shit.

They might as well have just made this into a movie, because the actual gameplay was its weakest area.

A FFVII remake? What was I expecting? Something that was relatively true to the original, most people who wanted one would have been satisfied with an overhaul to the graphics, some difficulty enhancements, a few minor mechanical changes, and kept it as more or less the exact same game, maybe even throw some new bonus content in, but instead, we got this greedy cash grab that's going to be cut up into 3 pieces at $69.99 each.

Last edited:

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I liked Stranger in Paradise better than FFVIIR. For a number of reasons. You had actual builds, and could do some fun stuff with the combat, and it felt like I had some amount of agency. In the original FFVII, you could do some crazy stuff with materia combos, and your options are extremely limited in FFVIIR to the point where it's a totally false sense of agency.
I can't disagree with this. I wish there were more agency.

arekks

Novice
Dude, what the frig? Is someone criticising my favourite videogame? I'd better dehumanise them posthaste so that their criticisms are unheard!" - some gay retard online

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Dude, what the frig? Is someone criticising my favourite videogame? I'd better dehumanise them posthaste so that their criticisms are unheard!" - some gay retard online
He's just saying you have bad taste, he's not advocating for putting you in death camps or anything.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm giving you shit for thinking the game is good, retard.

somerandomdude

Learned
The game is like around 100GB for the install, unless you got gigabit internet or better, that's gonna take awhile to download. 100GB is also a lot of space on a drive for 1 game. One could easily argue it's a waste of bandwidth and space, even if you got it for free on EGS.

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
The game is like around 100GB for the install, unless you got gigabit internet or better, that's gonna take awhile to download. 100GB is also a lot of space on a drive for 1 game. One could easily argue it's a waste of bandwidth and space, even if you got it for free on EGS.
That's standard these days and it's going to get worse. People are already reminiscing with nostalgia the days when games "only" took 30gb to install.

Perkel

Arcane
So i decided to try it.

Jesus fucking christ. What a shitbucket.
Looks like someone who wrote this shit was trying to make Advent Children into game (which i hated) rather than to actually ramake FF7.

And english voice acting is super atrocious which is further down with help of one of the worst written dialogs ever.

And if that wasn't enough they non fucking stop hold your hand, a fucking crack in wall ? yeah you need wait for everyone first and then you have to stop go under it and get out which is as clunky as it sounds.

The one liners are insanely bad and almost never land.
ALT + F4 when i saw Aeris flailing on street time stopped by Sephiroth.

Like literally how bad you need to be to fuck up FF7 opening which is simple and hooks you immediately. Moreover all nuance was taken out of opening and bores you to death with shitty dialogs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom