Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

lightbane

Arcane
Not expected this to fall straight into fanfic theory right after reactor blowup with all ghost things and something that appears like time traveling sephiroth. Still game kinda works when it comes to original scenes, that sometimes feel like original but bit more fleshed out. Feels more like fan a service game, not a 'true' remake
Just wait until the outright fanction-y ending with the not-Nobodies from Kingdom Hearts showing up.

laclongquan

Arcane
Well, Square really seems to hate poorfags. :positive:

First they sell an episode for a staggering 80,- € and now you even have to buy a new gpu with over 8GB of Vram to play the game without issues.
If you spend big dough to buy this game, you damn well better have the rig to run it.
I am not complaining. Major reason I dont play VTMB at launch is my comp froze right at the excution, and later on before even first convo. :poorfag:
Of course, it's blessing in disguise since I dont have to be frustrated at all the VTMB bugs.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
1997 - Release complete, 3 disc game for $50
2021 - Release Remake for $80, then the improved/GOTY version for $80, then release part 2 for another $90, then the improved version for $90, then part 3 for $100, then the improved version for $100, then release all parts combined in the mega ultimate edition forever and ever for $180...

Ash

Arcane
Of course there were a million genuisses that sucked off Square Enix on this decision, but that’s just something I’ll never get.

I loved cyberpunk city and was bored by everything after cyberpunk city and enjoyed all the new sidequests in the remake.

Just admit you never played the original you soulless simp. And admit you are only super into this remake for the lame female simping and general gayness. There is plenty cyberpunk after the fact.

Nibelheim, Gugonga & Corel Reactor, which is analogous to modern day corporations going to places like india, building chemical plants, make a fuck up the reactor explodes and the corp. just bails (Bhopal disaster).
Return to Midgar in Disc 3
Junon
Desert prison

Go knit motherfucker. Or stalk Tetsuya Nomura on twitter if you haven't already. Decline enabler extraordinaire. You simp for the decline of western game design (Bioshock is the lowest form of "immersive sim") and eastern.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just admit you never played the original you soulless simp. And admit you are only super into this remake for the lame female simping and general gayness. There is plenty cyberpunk after the fact.

Nibelheim, Gugonga & Corel Reactor, which is analogous to modern day corporations going to places like india, building chemical plants, make a fuck up the reactor explodes and the corp. just bails (Bhopal disaster).
Junon
Desert prison

Go knit motherfucker. Or stalk Tetsuya Nomura on twitter if you haven't already.

I never owned FF7 but one of my childhood friends bought it on release, I watched him play through most of it (including the ending), and had a playthrough myself (never finished though). Bored was an overstatement, more like not-remotely-as-enthused.

Codex Year of the Donut
FF7 remake is one of the greatest remakes to exist because it shits all over FF7 fans.
This is how they know you haven't actually played FF7, Roguey . They feel personally attacked when they play the game(because they are being personally attacked.) And it's fucking hilarious.

Ash

Arcane
I never owned FF7 but one of my childhood friends bought it on release, I watched him play through most of it (including the ending), and had a playthrough myself (never finished though). Bored was an overstatement, more like not-remotely-as-enthused.

tenor.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
FF7 remake is one of the greatest remakes to exist because it shits all over FF7 fans.
This is how they know you haven't actually played FF7, Roguey . They feel personally attacked when they play the game(because they are being personally attacked.) And it's fucking hilarious.
But I did play it.

I understand the frustration from people who were expecting/wanting a straightforward remake where you had the exact same story and combat, just with much prettier graphics, and instead got something different. :M

Codex Year of the Donut
But I did play it.

I understand the frustration from people who were expecting/wanting a straightforward remake where you had the exact same story and combat, just with much prettier graphics, and instead got something different. :M
They got mocked and to be frank, that's hilarious. More devs should mock their fans.
FF7 fans being unable to take criticism or jokes just highlights how funny it is.

The original game still exists, enjoy the new story you weirdos.

Cromwell

Arcane
a straightforward remake where you had the exact same story and combat,

I didnt play it. But I dont think it had to be a straightforward remake, if they simply had to use some other form of combat so be it, if they thought they should rewrite some things so be it, but letting the cartoon guy in the company do it was the wrong move. FF7 maybe edgy teenage angst stuff but I take something like this any tme over childish infantile shit which wants me to take it seriously.

Zlaja

Arcane
Don't buy this crap. Even if you like JRPGs and FF7 itself. While the combat is ok, the level design is just awful. You run down these boring corridors constantly, and you're forced to keep backtracking through the same corridors back and forth (especially if you intend to bother with the godawful added sidequests). The game is also filled to the brim with these annoying segments where you're forced to walk slowly behind a character while they keep yaping (unskippable). The way they padded the Midgar section just zaps all the fun out of this part of the game.

Also, this comes from someone who enjoyed the original game and still has his old PSX copy of the game. And no, I'm not butthurt about the changes to the story with alternate timelines, either. The game is just boring to play.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I didnt play it. But I dont think it had to be a straightforward remake, if they simply had to use some other form of combat so be it, if they thought they should rewrite some things so be it, but letting the cartoon guy in the company do it was the wrong move. FF7 maybe edgy teenage angst stuff but I take something like this any tme over childish infantile shit which wants me to take it seriously.

Nomura was part of the original creative team (though not the only one of course)

Story by Yoshinori Kitase, Kazushige Nojima
Based on the story by Tetsuya Nomura, Hironobu Sakaguchi

However, of those four, the only one who wasn't involved in the remake was Hironobu. This is what 3/4s of the original creative team wanted to make, respect their vision. :lol:

Don't buy this crap. Even if you like JRPGs and FF7 itself. While the combat is ok, the level design is just awful. You run down these boring corridors constantly, and you're forced to keep backtracking through the same corridors back and worth (especially if you intend to bother with the godawful added sidequests). The game is also filled to the brim with these annoying segments where you're forced to walk slowly behind a character while they keep yaping (unskippable). The way they padded the Midgar section just zaps all the fun out of this part of the game.

Also, this comes from someone who enjoyed the original game and still has his old PSX copy of the game. And no, I'm not butthurt about the changes to the story with alternate timelines, either. The game is just boring to play.
Backtracking through levels is just current standard jrpg practice from what I can tell, given that just about every modern jrpg I've played does it. Being economical with level design.

Ash

Arcane
But I did play it.

They got mocked and to be frank, that's hilarious. More devs should mock their fans.
FF7 fans being unable to take criticism or jokes just highlights how funny it is.

Don't be such a tard. The problem is reboots go some way to wiping original versions from history. Google just about any remake or reboot and you largely get the newer, shitter version's results. Even the fact these remakes share, conflict with and fight for public consciousness/attention is bad, as they don't deserve to exist alongside the original versions let alone supersede them as they do. Prestigious gentlemen 100 years from now will investigate history and understandably assume these remakes to be superior. Especially when lame journalists slap 9s and 10s on them for the shill payout and retarded simpletons rant and rave on the internet claiming that they are good and worth said prestigious gentlemen's time.

Never mind the simple fact that all these remakes, reboots and remasters made 20-30 years on are terrible, it's a fucking disgrace, devolution of game design, a loss for gaming & game design enthusiasts.

Codex Year of the Donut
But I did play it.

Don't be such a tard. The problem is reboots go some way to wiping original versions from history. Google just about any remake or reboot and you largely get the newer, shitter version's results. Even the fact these remakes share, conflict with and fight for public consciousness/attention is bad, as they don't deserve to exist alongside the original versions let alone supersede them as they do. Prestigious gentlemen 100 years from now will investigate history and understandably assume these remakes to be superior. Especially when lame journalists slap 9s and 10s on them for the shill payout and retarded simpletons rant and rave on the internet claiming that they are good and worth said prestigious gentlemen's time.

Never mind the simple fact that all these remakes, reboots and remasters made 20-30 years on are terrible, it's a fucking disgrace, devolution of game design, a loss for gaming enthusiasts.
You guys keep telling me the remake is bad but I don't even have to pay money and get quality entertainment like this.

Codex Year of the Donut

Kids already think the first Doom was released in 2016.

Exactly.

The decline cannot be stopped, especially when people from my generation and up (pre-decline) should know better but don't, and thereby enable the decline further.
If they didn't want people to think doom 2016 is the original then they should have made boomerdoom a better game

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Remake's narrative requires the existence of a previous narrative, I doubt the original is going away since it's required reading/playing. :M

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Junon
Desert prison

Go knit motherfucker. Or stalk Tetsuya Nomura on twitter if you haven't already.

You never played it at all and neither did your childhood friend. You never had friends. You lying little cunt

Ash

Arcane
Leave Roguey alone! It's not his fault his memories of his childhood friend and experiences were implanted by US. Gov, and they made everything as lame as they possibly could. Not his fault his head is in the clouds.

Edit: Roguey is still my favorite decline enabler though, as he doesn't insist the newer versions and iterations are better even if he clearly thinks that, and always takes a good bashing well.
Nothing worse than a decline enabler who rubs in your face how much better they think the new garbage is and argues it to the grave, despite probably never playing the original.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
So yeah, turns out the game's VRAM management is fucked. Even people with 8gb plus VRAM are experiencing the hiccups and stutters when running around. Someone submitted a note to the PC Gaming Wiki about it:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_Intergrade
Issues unresolved • Link[edit]
Heavy FPS drops • Link[edit]
The game can drop fps from 120 to bellow 30 fps when texture settings is set to high on a GPU with 8gb or less VRAM. This may be caused by bad VRAM management as the issue is solved by altering between low and high settings that will force a VRAM flush. A patch to fix this is expected but with no word from the developers about the issue at the time of this edit.

A video example:

Those always happen in the same areas, and are 100% reproduceable. Depending on the area, you can't go for a few steps without some sort of asset streaming or VRAM-related stutter.

Currently the only way to play the game (mostly) stutter-free is to use the 'Low' textures, which are equivalent to the original PS4 game's assets, and even then you'll still need at least 6gb of VRAM to be stutter-free, even with the 'Low' assets.

Only hope right now is that Square fixes the VRAM management via patch, but I doubt that'll happen... otherwise just gotta play the game with the PS4 settings. It's still a gorgeous game anyway, but I really wanted to use the new textures they made :/

Apparently the version they shipped out was the debug build LMAO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/rj3h8y/square_enix_accidentally_shipped_debug_build_for/

Square Enix accidentally shipped Debug build for FFVIIR

As it turns out, Square Enix for some reason shipped a debug/development build for Final Fantasy VII Remake instead of a normal release build.

This was pulled from the game files released on the Epic Game Store:

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Development
FullRebuild=False
UsePakFile=True
bGenerateChunks=False
bChunkHardReferencesOnly=False
IncludePrerequisites=True
IncludeCrashReporter=False
InternationalizationPreset=English
+CulturesToStage=en
DefaultCulture=en
bSkipEditorContent=false
bSharedMaterialNativeLibraries=False
bShareMaterialShaderCode=False

The build configuration should be "PPBC_Shipping" for released games.

Probably a damning indication of how much priority they put on PC ports...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom