Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Turds - the final veredict.

I pick:

• It's glorious. GLORIOUS! (claps hands like a fag while voting this option).

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It's a good game. Obsidian didn't disappoint. (melancholic rpg gamer)

• I've seen better. It's ok but it has its flaws. (faggot without an opinion)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It kinda sucks, but I still play it from time to time. (please find me something else to play!)

• It fucking sucks. Obshitian didn't disappoint, as usual. (average codexer)

• Slap Obshitian's logo on the box and all you fags swallow MCA's load even though it tastes just like

• Fuck this game I got lost in Goodsprings. (KC)

• Total voters

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Tel Velothi said:
"It fucking sucks. Obshitian didn't disappoint, as usual."

Orange deserts, retarded npcs, hollywoodish stereotypes, boring, boring, stupid, stupid, more stupidity, fail engine, fail AI, fail gameplay, fail story, fail atmosphere, fail almost everything.

Don't understand how anybody and for what reasons like this game/fail.

EDIT:

Let me put it this way: if you like shit, keep it to yourself - maybe you enjoy it - I don't care.
But, please, don't claim it is so great and awesome.
That's the saddest thing I've heard today. Holy shit, get a handkerchief or a pillow or something. Seriously, most modern psychology agrees that if you go "wah wah wah don't like things I don't like in my presence!!" then it's totally you and not anybody else. I'm coming to tuck you into bed, my little pirate angel. Which story do you want to hear? Awww you so cute. Mah baeby boi!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

oldmansavage

Educated
Tel Velothi said:

Orange deserts, retarded npcs, hollywoodish stereotypes, boring, boring, stupid, stupid, more stupidity, fail engine, fail AI, fail gameplay, fail story, fail atmosphere, fail almost everything.

Don't understand how anybody and for what reasons like this game/fail.

EDIT:

Let me put it this way: if you like shit, keep it to yourself - maybe you enjoy it - I don't care.

Now I don't know whats worse. Whining like a faggot over a shitty game or extolling the virtues of a shitty game. FO:NV isn't a masterpiece but its no dragon age 2. Its a hiking sim with a few neat things and a lot of :retarded:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Fallout: New Vegas.

Pros:
The Fallout 3 we should have gotten.

Cons:
Gamebyro Engine.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
oldmansavage said:
Now I don't know whats worse. Whining like a faggot over a shitty game or extolling the virtues of a shitty game. FO:NV isn't a masterpiece but its no dragon age 2. Its a hiking sim with a few neat things and a lot of :retarded:

It's too small to be a hiking simulator.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Funny you should mention "hiking sim" and "dragon age 2" in the same sentence because I can't remember anything I did more in that game. Well, any game really.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Tel Velothi said:

Orange deserts,

Yes, this is very important, everyone knows deserts don't appear in more earth based colors, but in purple, bright yellow and other shiny colors of the rainbow.

:hmmm:

corvus

Arcane
The hiking sim part of New Vegas doesn't do much for me cause I live in Las Vegas and playing the game just makes me feel like I'm playing a tiny little carnival house with exaggerated Vegas themes. Also it's pretty inaccurate I don't think there are any geckos in the valley, or in the Mojave for that matter. Geographical inconsistencies, one tally in the "Con" list.

:decline:

Tel Velothi said:

this is like the dominant attitude on other gaming sites that if you're being negative you just shouldn't talk at all and you're not a tru fan and stuff but the exact opposite. I'm glad this is a Freedom Loving forum though and I'm just grateful you and I both have the ability to say what we want without getting raped by moderators (or we can just call each other faggots it's all good)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Mortmal said:
yeah lets make a poll in summer when everyone is gone, with luck new vegas will be considered as a terrible game by the few left . Strangely even now the poll is overhwelmingly positive.
Also voted glorious , wont change my mind .

It's winter. What are you talking about?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Awesome game. Fianlly solidified my trust in Obsidian. There's a lot of crap elements to it that they couldn't help because of the Fallout 3 baseline (although they did polish and tweak them to being less sucky) so I'll just complain about the thing they did have control over: the radio. Fucking needs more songs, man. More cowboy songs. :M

Morkar Left

It's a (very) good game.

Only good because:
- The hardcore mode didn't go far enough.
- Too much items available.
- The city was too empty.
- Enemies were bullet-sponges and therefore combat felt ridiculous.

These are all things that are fixable by mods. I'm waiting for all dlcs and the finished mods before playing again. Then it will be a great game and one of the best arpgs ever released.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
NV better than F2... jesus fucking christ what am I reading? Close this thread close it close it!

NV may be perceived as a good game only by people who think that a shit game can actually be good because it was made with the right intentions. Just like Arcanum for example, and Arcanum gets lots of love on the codex so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

The old trick of making a half decent follow up to something extremely shitty to make it look brilliant by comparison also played its part here obviously.

Anyway, I played it for two evenings (about 8 hours I guess) and never came back so I don't see an option for myself. I'm somewhere between "It kinda sucks" and "It fucking sucks".

The only thing I really liked was the abundance of skill checks and the fact that you couldn't pass many of them in the beginning.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Definitely better than FO3 but still has some serious problems.Obsidian did their best to polish FO3 and added an interesting story and characters but the ugly core is still there,the engine the terrible combat and various other mechanics.
Still I finished it although I rushed through the last few quest because I was bored by then.On the other hand I dropped FO3 when I found that nigger radio dj guy(can't remember his name now).
I voted the I've seen better option which means I am a faggot without an opinion.Oh well I guess it's time to buy some lubricate and call Jaesun

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Surf Solar said:
Tel Velothi said:

Orange deserts,

Yes, this is very important, everyone knows deserts don't appear in more earth based colors, but in purple, bright yellow and other shiny colors of the rainbow.

:hmmm:

I'm not saying deserts aren't supposed to be orange/yellow, I'm just saying this empty desert enviroment got me bored in 15 minutes. I wrote "orange desert", because it had this crappy gloom or other shit and orange was really exaggerated and it looked like crap.

Anyway, interesting that you quoted only "orange deserts" from my post, and not:
retarded npcs, hollywoodish stereotypes, boring, boring, stupid, stupid, more stupidity, fail engine, fail AI, fail gameplay, fail story, fail atmosphere, fail almost everything
I guess you're just not able to refute these arguments, because the game is shit. :smug:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ZbojLamignat said:
NV may be perceived as a good game only by people who think that a shit game can actually be good because it was made with the right intentions. Just like Arcanum for example, and Arcanum gets lots of love on the codex so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Except that Arcanum is a pretty fucking awesome game.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tel Velothi said:
Anyway, interesting that you quoted only "orange deserts" from my post, and not:
retarded npcs, hollywoodish stereotypes, boring, boring, stupid, stupid, more stupidity, fail engine, fail AI, fail gameplay, fail story, fail atmosphere, fail almost everything
I guess you're just not able to refute these arguments, because the game is shit. :smug:

Those aren't really arguments, they're statements of opinion. That's also the reason not many people have replied to your post.

It doesn't surprise me that a 2011 newfag cannot into arguments, though.

Tel Velothi said:

"Retarded, boring boring, stupid stupid, fail fail, fart fart fart". Top-of-the-line arguments there, I'm guessing they'll remain unchallenged till the end of days.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Skyway arguments stopped giving you KKK a long time ago. Probably before Skyway played through KotOR seven times.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It was before Skyway even existed on the Codex. For all his bitching he's one of the most 4chaniest 4chanian around.

4chanian, more like iranian. I'm onto you, Skyway. Aka Abdullah!

Well, traveling in this game if fucking boring for starters, as there's no way to increase your movement speed. No perks, no motorcycles or riding super mutants or whatever. I can't finish it because - ok I'm just not going to walk over there, that'll take something like 15 to 30 minutes of just walking and killing a few Bloatflies. Vs. Fallout/2, where you move perhaps 5s-1minute to anywhere, faster with the highwayman (and of course moving slower on bad terrain - here you just can't climb mountains because there's no such thing as climb.

There's some good stuff here I'll admit but the basic movement, controls and the combat you build from them is pretty monotonous and I don't want to do it. It also tends to break oddly, like some people attack you for some random reason, you kill them, then some other random people attack you for some reason then some quest breaks and people attack you, and in the end the only faction that doesn't hate me is the Legion, just because I haven't encountered them yet so they couldn't have lolrandom attacked me. Well I suppose that sort of happened in the original Fallout games, too, some junkie attacks you and then everybody else does, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom