Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Turds - the final veredict.

I pick:

• It's glorious. GLORIOUS! (claps hands like a fag while voting this option).

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It's a good game. Obsidian didn't disappoint. (melancholic rpg gamer)

• I've seen better. It's ok but it has its flaws. (faggot without an opinion)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It kinda sucks, but I still play it from time to time. (please find me something else to play!)

• It fucking sucks. Obshitian didn't disappoint, as usual. (average codexer)

• Slap Obshitian's logo on the box and all you fags swallow MCA's load even though it tastes just like

• Fuck this game I got lost in Goodsprings. (KC)

• Total voters

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Grunker said:
[PERCEPTION] Who are all these random faggots with old/ancient join-dates and no posts springing forth on the Codex these days?

[SUCCEEDED] Old fags with a life :smug:

dextermorgan said:
Misterhamper said:
Only the dialogue and mainquest remain mediocre, but its only an Action RPG
Calling those element mediocre is being incredibly generous. They were truly cringe-worthy.

At least they gave you the choice to blow the shit out of retardtown Megaton, then corner and kill that bitch Moira Brown. Best C&C in the game.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Ed123 said:
Drog Black Tooth said:
Well, at least FO3 had John Henry Eden and his propaganda speeches. Amazing VA.

Yes, all three lines of it. Repeated across the capital wasteland for eternity.
Trolling? He has plenty of lines. 9 monologues + "inspirational quotes" + when you speak to him in person.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
40179%20-%20Fallout%20Fallout_New_Vegas%20crossover%20fallout_new_equestria%20fluttershy%20meta%20ncr.jpg

dextermorgan

Arcane
udm said:
At least they gave you the choice to blow the shit out of retardtown Megaton, then corner and kill that bitch Moira Brown. Best C&C in the game.
Yeah, too bad the story behind that quest was retarded beyond comprehension, even more so than the premise of Megaton itself. It would have made more sense for Tenpenny to want to blow the place up just to murder Moria than the reasoning Bethesda brainfarted.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
"This place I can't even really see from my balcony is blocking the view from my balcony. I must send an agent there who will wait for someone to come along and detonate the bomb."

WHAT?! Holy shit just detonate that fucking shit!

Banterrific

Novice
Andyman Messiah said:
"This place I can't even really see from my balcony is blocking the view from my balcony. I must send an agent there who will wait for someone to come along and detonate the bomb."

WHAT?! Holy shit just detonate that fucking shit!

Well it's not like he can just move to one of the other balconies now is it?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's not like the little dot that is Megaton isn't absolutely unnoticeable in every way. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am mostly all for eccentric billionaires and their outrageous demands over the sheep but some shit is just plain stupid.

Fucking Bethesda. Up until Dragon Age 2 I didn't think their shit design would ever be trumped.

Renegen

Arcane
Drog Black Tooth said:
Ed123 said:
Drog Black Tooth said:
Well, at least FO3 had John Henry Eden and his propaganda speeches. Amazing VA.

Yes, all three lines of it. Repeated across the capital wasteland for eternity.
Trolling? He has plenty of lines. 9 monologues + "inspirational quotes" + when you speak to him in person.

I don't know how that's trolling when what he said is basically true. I got tired of his shit so fast. After the very quick novelty factor, it's annoying.

Plus, you want to talk about stupid writing, how's people in 2277 harking back to the 1950s sound for stupid writing? God, that grating American patriotism pissed me off. I'm fairly certain that 200 years after a nuclear apocalypse people move on.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
"God bless America and nowhere else!"

You don't have a sense of humor, if you don't find this exaggerated patriotism funny.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Renegen said:
Plus, you want to talk about stupid writing, how's people in 2277 harking back to the 1950s sound for stupid writing? God, that grating American patriotism pissed me off. I'm fairly certain that 200 years after a nuclear apocalypse people move on.

Not to defend Fallout 3's writing, because it was shit, but that's the whole point of the Enclave you know. They use the idea of patriotism to bend people to their will. Also they were around before the war and basically running the government. It makes sense for them to trumpet the American dream thing.

EvilSatan

Educated
It makes perfect sense for the Enclave to be Pro-American because they are the descendants of U.S. military personnel , scientists and senators. I think of it as how we Americans are proud of the revolutionaries who were around over 200+ years ago.

But as far as the common citizen who was born generations after people forgetting about what Pre-War America was let alone not having any books to study about Pre-War America, I wouldn't see how they'd know what the eyebots are even talking about.

They have books...every house has at least some books on the shelves (usually partially burned so the PC can't make use of it, but I don't think they keep these books just because). Moira even gives you a quest requesting you to scout the library so she can write a chapter on how to find study material, such as books.

And it's not like the eyebots give complicated speeches, they just basically say that America was a great country that got asploded, and how the Enclave is gonna restore it to its former glory. Some characters seem to think it's just a pre-war loop. I think the wastelanders observing the eyebot on one special encounter say something along these lines.

EvilSatan

Educated
You know what pissed me off about the Fallout franchise? The fact that you can join Mutant scum, but not the Enclave.

The Enclave is one of the best parts of Fallout.

Not to mention that in current Fallout lore, the Enclave is completely destroyed and gone, yet Mutants from the masters army are still running around just fine.

Andyman Messiah said:
flabbyjack said:
corvus said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Good game, Obsidian didn't disappoint.

Over 150 hours so far. Multiple playthroughs, bitches!

install the sexual innuendo mod and fuck your way across the mojave.

i can't find any mod that'll turn your character into a horse though :(

what

the

fuck
No, dude, seriously. Totally 150 hours. Totally worth it too bro. Gonna try that sex mod for the next 150 hours. Thanks bro2!

How the fuck can someone sink that much time into a storied game?

Xor said:
And here I was thinking you might actually have a point. Oh well, my mistake.

He has a point. He's the most consistent person on this site. It really doesn't make much sense how much shit people give Bethesda, when NV is the EXACT SAME GAME with a better story. Mondblut values combat mechanics, specifically turn-based, so his criticism of the game is completely consistent and valid. If you value story, that's fine, but at least put in a disclaimer that the combat in NV is still shit, and disliking a game for that reason is justifiable.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
Xor said:

He has a point. He's the most consistent person on this site. It really doesn't make much sense how much shit people give Bethesda, when NV is the EXACT SAME GAME with a better story. Mondblut values combat mechanics, specifically turn-based, so his criticism of the game is completely consistent and valid. If you value story, that's fine, but at least put in a disclaimer that the combat in NV is still shit, and disliking a game for that reason is justifiable.
The combat mechanics is the same shit, but Obsidian tweeked the combat a little, so it is at least a bit more enjoyable.

dextermorgan

Arcane
It really doesn't make much sense how much shit people give Bethesda, when NV is the EXACT SAME GAME with a better story.
Not quite. Obsidian totally nerfed the pervasive air of complete and utter retardation that permeated Failout 3. Which is not to say that NV is without fault, but Bethesda certainly deserves all the shit people give it, and more.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
LOLOL GUYZ THEY TOTALLY CHANGED IT NOW ITS BROWN SHADED NOT GREEN SHADED TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME BROS IM TOTALLY NOT A FAGGOT FOR ENJOYING IT PLZ TELL ME IM STILL HARDCORE I DONT WANNA LOOSE MY INTERNET CRED

EvilSatan said:
You know what pissed me off about the Fallout franchise? The fact that you can join Mutant scum, but not the Enclave.

The Enclave is one of the best parts of Fallout.

Part of that is due to them not wanting anything to do with some faggot that just wandered in from the wastes.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Xor said:

Combat in F1+F2 wasn't exactly top tier either. In fact for a turn-based system it was pretty fucking shitty. Fallout was always a primeexample for Choices&Consequences + Story. And theres a lot more (and quality wise better) in it in F:NV than F3.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
IronicNeurotic said:
Combat in F1+F2 wasn't exactly top tier either. In fact for a turn-based system it was pretty fucking shitty. Fallout was always a primeexample for Choices&Consequences + Story. And theres a lot more (and quality wise better) in it in F:NV than F3.

Exactly. And not only that but they also enhanced RPG elements elsewhere as well like limiting perks, lowering stat increases, hardcore mode, factions and reputation, etc..

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
DalekFlay said:
IronicNeurotic said:

like limiting perks

This? Not a good thing. More options in an RPG system is almost always a good thing. If your perks makes the game too easy either buff the challenges or nerf the perks; don't reduce the amount of choice in your system. Gods no the simple Fallout-system has little enough choice to begin with (a small handful of skills). About the only thing Fallout 3 did right was giving you more perks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom