Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fall From Heaven 2 - Infernal Edition

Who are we?

• Bannor, the Crusaders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elhoim, the Tolerant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kuriotates, Children of the Gold Dragon

• Luichurp, the Golem Crafters

• Malakim, the Desert Priests

• Amurites, the Magic Wielders

• Grigori, the Godless Heroes

• Hippus, the Horseback Mercenaries

• Khazad, the Dwarven Kingdom of Greed

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Lanun, the Swashbuckling Ruler of the Seas

• Ljosalfar, the Defenders of the Forest (Hippies)

• Sidar, the Ghostly Kingdom

• Balseraphs, the Twisted Carnival

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Calabim, where the Vampires Reign

• Clan of Embers, the Mighty Horde

• Doviello, the Savage Kingdom

• Illians, the Frozen Kingdom

• Sheaim, the Bringers of Armageddon

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Svartalfar, the Elves of the Dark Forest (Faggots)

• Total voters

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well we just have to see, won't we? *loads up the game* :smug:

Oh maaaaaaaaaan!

Following the update, can you put up an updated world map? I like occasional overviews for tactical games like this one.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

M: Prestigious thread indeed. Stopped lurking just to brofist.

Krash

Arcane
Gaddam, loving this. Seems like I'll have to reinstall Civ4 soon.

BTW, is it just me or is Lanun with the woman leader insanely overpowered? I've done decently with other teams, but with that Lanun combo I can more than hold my own on the hardest difficulties. You outtech the other civs so much it's not even funny thanks to the immense boost in income she grants.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Gaddam, loving this. Seems like I'll have to reinstall Civ4 soon.

BTW, is it just me or is Lanun with the woman leader insanely overpowered? I've done decently with other teams, but with that Lanun combo I can more than hold my own on the hardest difficulties. You outtech the other civs so much it's not even funny thanks to the immense boost in income she grants.

Lanun's biggest advantage is commerce from their special sea improvements and such. Like D.Registration said, I'm barely scratching the surface cause every Civ is Unique in FFH. Its no surprise the girl's financial trait is overpowered when you setup mostly coastal towns and build lighthouses on every city.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah the coastal trade strategy is immensely powerful if you can get at least 1 other civ of decent size to trade with. 5+ trade routes on every city bringing in 5 gold a piece before they even have improvements. Throw on harbours and inns and lighthouses late game (bought in a few turns with your nigh infinite gold) and you can get monstrous income from tiny cities crammed along the coast. That kind of commerce buys you a huge tech lead in FFH. I wish Khazad could pull it off but they tend to start far inland.

Just had a quick victory of this on Noble difficulty today. Picked Kuriotates (I usually just random a civ then fail horribly by not having a plan) and spammed the fuck out of cottages around my capital, didn't expand at all (tried once but it failed). Once my gold was rolling in insanely fast, I beelined for infernal pact and switched to Infernals. Of the 8 civs on the map, 6 were evil. I'd started as good but switched to evil, and Infernals are another bonus evil culture. So I was swimming in manes. Not that I needed them. Hyborem literally cleaned the entire map himself since I got him so early. The first Civ I bumped into only had maybe 10 axemen in the whole civ, along with some scouts and wariors. Other military units were only used to guard the few towns I captured for strategic movement with gates. Oh, and one boat for getting to the other continent. Only time I've won better than this was when I played the hippy elves and won a religious victory.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
One of the best LP's around mate. Go forth and unleash the apocalypse upon the world :salute:.

Majestic47

Learned
Sorry for the lack of updates, but I'm busy with tunneling to Terraria at the moment. Also coping with the lack of meat in my diet.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Please hurry with this LP before you turn into a feebleminded transvestite, which is an inevitable consequence of your nutrition (unless you eat fish and eggs instead of meat, in that case you can take your time).

grotsnik

Arcane
Also coping with the lack of meat in my diet.

Vegetarian New Year's Resolution? Good God, man, don't do it - who needs healthy bowels when you've got crispy bacon?

Anyway, this grand old LP made me reinstall Civ 4 to try this good shit out. No fucking clue where to start!

SoupNazi

Well herp, now I have to reinstall Civ4. Excellent work RK47, as usual.

RK47

Patron
Music: King Arthur - Battle I

duncan.jpg
Milord, this isn't the wisest move...the hellspawns will march towards Junon unopposed. And you know the Dark Underlord is marching towards our capital Midgar at the same time!
grigori.jpg
You have your orders, Warden Commander. Retake the city of Edge - and strike at their backs as they attempt to siege Midgar. Show them the might of the Dragon Slayers!

01.jpg

Duncan sighed. His lord's unwillingness to split their forces in the face of multiple threats is costing the kingdom dearly. Grigori may have the strongest army in the land, but it cannot be at three places at once. He finally relented as Lord Cassiel hissed at the sight of the demon war party a month's march away from the capital.

duncan.jpg
Your orders are absolute. Let no gods or demons stand in our way.
grigori.jpg
We have lost much, Duncan...stop them. At all cost.
duncan.jpg
Your will be done.

Months later, outside the city of Edge....
02.jpg

slayer.jpg
Warden Commander, the enemy's garrison is weak! Shall we proceed with the attack?
duncan.jpg
Do it. And tell the men to ready themselves. We're heading to Midgar right after this.

Duncan sees the undead champions moving away from the southern gates worriedly. This is almost too easy. They've met nothing but token mercenaries along the way. They were being delayed...

du.jpg
Are you sure this is necessary, Rosier?
rosier.jpg
We have no choice - we cannot face their army head on. We must cause as much damage as possible, force them to agree to a ceasefire. Then when the flames of Rage returns...we will finish the job.
03.jpg

Smoke rose over the northwestern hills - Rosier smiled wickedly.
rosier.jpg
Junon strike force just started - we better start ours as well. Catapults - FIRE!
04.jpg

A month later...
slayer.jpg
Commander, victory is ours!
05.jpg

duncan.jpg
Tell the wounded to garrison the city, the rest come with me. To Midgar!

Dozens of the undead threw their bodies forward, as assassins slip beyond the city walls, slaying the weak. The archers of Midgar tried their best - but the infernals were simply too strong. Diseased and wounded, their defence ended when Hyborem and Rosier entered the fray.
06.jpg

07.jpg

grigori.jpg
Retreat - We'll let them have Midgar today! My army shall return triumphant - demon! And you will know misery!
08.jpg

rosier.jpg
Fools...you will never return here, ever again. Burn this faithless city to the ground.
grigori.jpg
What? No!

Lord Cassiel's eyes widened in disbelief as the Infernals tore apart Midgar - one by one. Scores of his peaceful subjects died, their souls joining the Infernals in the afterlife.

rosier.jpg
In their end, they will realize they cannot escape the divinities, damned or not. Cower, faithless - your saviors will not arrive.

09.jpg

slayer.jpg
Warden Commander - Midgar's...
duncan.jpg
No.
10.jpg

The soldiers wept openly.

Majestic47

Learned
They attacked us first btw

But our Infernal mechanics do encourage acts of villainy.
- Manes come from dead neutral / evil units. Razing cities give this as well.
- Infernals cannot build cities - hence they must conquer from their starter 2 cities if they want to get stronger.
- Hell terrain spread - Infernal cities consume no food, but this is very, very bad for other non-demon civs, hence chances are others usually ally with Infernals out of fear, not out of trust.

Cassidy

Arcane
Is it a coincidence how Hyborem's model resembles a Bloodthirster of Khorne ? [/kingcomrade]

Although it would be a lulzy Deus Ex if in the ending of this thread if you LARPed Erebus being a primitive but magic-rich Imperial world and the Inquisition coming out of nowhere and finishing the Armageddon with an Exterminatus.

Krash

Arcane
Nice update. Hyborem is one mean motherfucker.

I've been playing the game almost non-stop since my last post and it's just as much a blast as I remembered.

Majestic47

Learned
Fun fact: after blasting past the Grigori & Lanun - it seems like the game turns sped up for me. Huge maps isn't such a drag, after all.
Oh yeah, 2 unknown civs across the oceans..they're probably too weak to catch up. Isolated civs suffer from lack of trade & tech exchange. So yeah, steamrolling to victory.

RK47

Patron
Music: Black Blade
01.jpg

The Battle of Junon
Faith on fellow men misplaced, their capital ablaze. Their loved ones damned to serve the Infernals eternal. The Dragon Slayers of Junon were outnumbered - their valiant efforts amount to naught. And the constant assault of the undead took its toll on the men. Despite early victories, diseases ravaged their mind and body. The healers could not muster their restorative magick, and those who tried did not live long anyway, for the Infernals have slipped in several assassins to hunt the robed ones to extinction. Warden Rufus of Junon, looks in disgust as his valiant men lost battles after battles.

02.jpg

rufus.jpg
And so the day is lost. What next from the Faithless King?
slayer.jpg
Lord Cassiel has retreated - no survivors from Midgar - we should regroup with Commander Duncan, we can still win this...
rufus.jpg
I somehow doubt our King has the stomach for more wars. Signal the retreat.

03.jpg

A month later, the Grigori finally sued for peace. The treaty was a humiliating one.
04.jpg

Scores of magical arts both medicine and necromancy were to be surrendered - as well as the city of Edge. In exchange, ten months of cease fire were agreed upon.

Observers to the war noted that the Kingdom of Grigori is probably entering its last moments in history. Much like the Lanuns did. Funny, for their vassal, the Inane Kingdom outlasted them.

05.jpg

In the west, the combined might of Calabim and Infernal proved be too strong for the Amurites to overcome. They cower within their territory, searching for any means to defend themselves when their time comes. If only they had allied with the Faithless Army.

The Khazad, long time war ally of the Infernals lived in fear. To the east, a massive, hungry Clan eye their borders. To the west, the dwarves scavenged what they could and sought to regain lost territory from the Grigori. Their recent ceasefire with the Clan of Embers provided the much needed boost to their war efforts. Can they count on the Infernals to protect them from a second Clan invasion?

Massive number of Manes arrived at Infernal cities, powering their war effort even more. The short peace will be focused on more war efforts and much needed research. Already Rosier planned for the return of the Flames of Rage.

06.jpg

A mad sage by the name of Sir Cleve Blackmoore was charged with leading the ritual of the Infernal Grimoire, an ancient artefact of pure evil that could unlock any secrets the user wish. He will have whatever he needs to complete the project: blood, food, shelter and slaves.

07.jpg

The Khazads finally broke through and recaptured their city of Riylod from the Grigori.
08.jpg

The Grigori called for cease-fire with the Dwarves. They now hold to just three cities. Desperate, they sent demands the Infernals to cut off any ties with the dwarves.
09.jpg

The messengers never returned. And Cleve gained more research material. All is right in this world.

A prophet was born in one of the Infernal cities months later, and he was sent to Despero to establish a secret shrine to the Council of Esus. Only a select few knew his name.
10.jpg

The 8th month of the ceasefire begins...and the Infernal is ready to advance their plans.
12.jpg

A select Religious law is implemented. With this - their will shall be undivided. United by Hate, Priests will govern cities as armies rise, more powerful than ever.
13.jpg

Commander Rosier the Fallen leads the army out of the gates of Edge, eager to settle matters with the Grigori.
14.jpg

But Hyborem is nowhere to be seen...or is he? Taking advantage of the open borders treaty with the cowardly Amurites, Hyborem's forces will reach Kalm, the new Grigori capital, within two months of war declaration.
15.jpg

To the north of the Calabim shores, earth burns.
16.jpg

Not even the Vampires are immune to the economic depression.
17.jpg

And finally. IT came.
18.jpg

The secret of Malevolent Designs is revealed to the Infernals, dooming the world thrice more.
19.jpg

Dark clouds gather above the Grigori Kingdom. The twilight of their empire draws nigh.
20.jpg

The Faithless shall fall.
21.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Indeed. Fight against the clan should be epic when the time comes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom