Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fall From Heaven 2 - Infernal Edition

Who are we?

• Bannor, the Crusaders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elhoim, the Tolerant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kuriotates, Children of the Gold Dragon

• Luichurp, the Golem Crafters

• Malakim, the Desert Priests

• Amurites, the Magic Wielders

• Grigori, the Godless Heroes

• Hippus, the Horseback Mercenaries

• Khazad, the Dwarven Kingdom of Greed

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Lanun, the Swashbuckling Ruler of the Seas

• Ljosalfar, the Defenders of the Forest (Hippies)

• Sidar, the Ghostly Kingdom

• Balseraphs, the Twisted Carnival

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Calabim, where the Vampires Reign

• Clan of Embers, the Mighty Horde

• Doviello, the Savage Kingdom

• Illians, the Frozen Kingdom

• Sheaim, the Bringers of Armageddon

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Svartalfar, the Elves of the Dark Forest (Faggots)

• Total voters

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Pfft, don't be ridiculous. You win by turning your own army insane and mutated and throwing them in waves at the enemy the like worthless tools that they are. :monocle:

Majestic47

Learned
lightbane said:
Lol, so you can put Cthulhu as a governor or something? And then what? You win because everyone else becomes insane/is tentacleraped to death by Cthulhu?

octopus.jpg

The power beneath the Aegean waves is said to be more powerful than any other, but the Overlords are unfocused and follow a thousand different obscure agendas. The Disciples of the Overlords dare not expose themselves directly to the conflicting commands of their masters and instead use the poor as intermediaries. They are quickly driven insane by the process, which the disciples prefer as it keeps them from manipulating the message. They also share the process of turning a Warrior into The Drown (undead thralls), a process with few volunteers.

Each word of the name can well describe one aspect of the religion. Octopus is a creature more alien to man (and elves, etc.) than certainly any mammal, and even the lizardmen and others. They are incomprehensible, and thus maddening. Completely alien, and so uncaring of human's fate. Overlords show the view of this religion has of itself. Its leaders serve the Deep Monsters, and their goal is subjugation of the world.

Their domain is stolen from its rightful steward, or at least subverted. So the overlords are both reckless and insecure in their powers, and thus rarely subtle; they never use a breeze when a typhoon would do.

The Octopus Overlords themselves are thought to have been created by the the most powerful effective dreams of Hemah. Hemah, in turn, is nothing but an effective dream of Danalin, the God of Water who has chosen to sleep rather than wake to farce a world without his beloved Aifons. Hastur, the Lord of Nightmares and Archangel under Mammon, God of Mind, snuck into Danalin's Vault and now whispers in his ear, corrupting his dreams (the life of Hemah and, through him, the Ovelords and all of Erebus) into a horrible nightmare.

We spread his words throughout the land and use the influence of the holy city to gather pilgrim's coins and spy in their towns where they build their temples.

Our priests shall call upon the waves to engulf the coasts and wash it clean of our enemies.

Seriously though, the religions in this game isn't just flavor text or larping purpose. They have their own strong point and unique features. Including bonuses, heroes, units as well as form of governance AND wonders. Abandoning the religion will cause these unique bonuses to disappear, including the disbanding of units tied to that religion.

Brief summary of other lesser religions:

rune.jpg

The Rune of Kilmorphs are focused on production and commerce. They worship the earth. A perfect match for dwarf kingdoms and coin-starved monarchs. They are able to call upon the dwarven Soldier of Kilmorph, who are a hardy bunch, able to help with building constructions and fight as well.

fellow.jpg

The Fellowship of the Leaves are faggots. They like healthy trees, animals, and leaves. They fornicate in the trees like the beasts they are, living amongst forests and call upon treants and animals to protect those who trespass into their womb of trysts. Dirty, uncivilized, scum.

ashen.jpg

The Ashen Veil worships the forgotten ancient lord of hell....their wonder will summon the return of the ancient civilization of Infernals, playable - if you abandon your previous civ. Research is their primary focus, their temples granting 10% bonus. Their priests are able to call upon rings of fire to devastate armies around them.

order.jpg

The Order is opposed against the Ashen Veil, with the fervor of Crusaders, they can recruit armies from their town and march against evil. Their temple increase recruitment speed, and their wonder - the Mercurian Gate summons the mighty Mercurians, a race of angels sworn to fight evil. The sworn alliance will declare war at any evil, regardless of the cost and long term diplomatic ties.

empy.jpg

The Empyrian is democracy loving beliefs - they worship wisdom and equality above all else. The Empyrian functions as a form of United Nations between the realm's GOOD/Neutral kingdom. Even the smallest nation hold equal voice in the Overcouncil. Of course, the butthurt will force the losers to join their opposing side...the UNDERcouncil. If war is the only answer, the Radiant Guards will answer the call with the power of light. If all else fails, Chalid Astrakein, bringer of the Pillar of Fire will be called to act.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It is undeniable, the Old One has spoken. Terror and nightmare incarnate it may be, its presence made itself known. The people naturally panicked. It took at least a month for the Inane Kingdom to calm itself down. Even God King Andhaira, Lord of Alts and Inanity took upon himself to present his people with a different image of himself. Eventually, worship becomes a norm, and the people of Retardo Realm grows accustomed to the dreams of multiheaded dicks hitting the thighs and ass.

01.jpg

A Zealot sets forth from the holy city of Bioware, accompanied by a scout. His destination: The Lanun territory. If the people of Lanun is willing to listen, relationship will prosper between the two kingdoms.

02.jpg

Once the chaos died down, scholars resume their research. This time on more economical measures. The God King has neglected the other aspects of governance, and the kingdom may have found a God, but it still lacks basic necessities. Knowledge of crafting will be the stepping stone to greater things.

03.jpg

The zealots sets forth through the northern forests, hopefully the scout can warn them of any dangers lurking ahead. A strange omen appears, months after they set forth, however...

04.jpg

The priests take it as a good sign....two heads are better than one! To the south, scouts have made contact with the kingdom of Amurites. Scholars who are obsessed with magical research and arcane arts, they perceive other concerns as beneath their contempt. Perhaps if relations are nurtured, both of our kingdoms can learn much from each other.

05.jpg

The Kingdom of Amurite shares borders with Grigori, perhaps tension may build up between the two and explode in the future..

06.jpg

A temple of the Overlords is erected in the capital. Priests are overjoyed as they can further enjoy the Emerald Dreams.

07.jpg

Scholars complete research on crafting.

08.jpg

The move on to mining.

09.jpg

Good news arrived from the zealots, they have reached Dunwich and started spreading the word of the ancients to the citizens.

10.jpg

Dark times arrive in Bethesda, once again, the City Watch is helpless to do anything.

11.jpg

guard.jpg
My lord, this is a very serious concern..if the murders are allowed to happen...
andy.jpg
But where do we get the gold? Hmmmmmmmm?
advisor.jpg
The God King speaks the truth. It is as the Old One willed..let it pass. The murderers will be consumed by the madness soon enough and leave us well alone....

And so the kingdom spared any efforts from hunting the killer.

12.jpg

Our fishing boats continue to find small towns along the eastern coast, this time a barbarian village.

Things were quiet for a while, until...

13.jpg

guard.jpg
I told you so!
advisor.jpg
SILENCE! The God King must not know about this! Quietly, settle the folks, I'll think up of some excuses!

News came from the west, both Lanuns and Calabims have embraced the Octopus Overlords beliefs...
14.jpg

Further along the coasts, an orcish kingdom, calling themselves the Clan of Embers gaze at our boat with menacing glare.
15.jpg

scout.jpg
I say we best be careful of these...greenskins. They seem like formidable opponents...
andy.jpg
Truly? They are so far away from us! Why must I care about these fools?
guard.jpg
Ahem, I am inclined to agree with you, God King Andhaira, but their rapid breeding and orcish strengths may pose a threat to us in the future...
advisor.jpg
Away with you! The king has spoken!

Fashioned mining tools are invented, copper deposits are located, and the kingdom is well on its way to improving its economic conditions.

16.jpg

The next step would be to fashion these metals into weapons and machetes sharp enough to cut down the thick jungles near the river coasts of Bioware and Bethesda.

17.jpg

More contacts established, this time with the Luichurp, Kingdom of the Dwarves. They are more receptive to an open border, but refuse the worship of the Old Ones, they have embraced the Runes of Kilmorph, the Earth Mother.
18.jpg

scout.jpg
Alarming news, your Excellency!
advisor.jpg
Hush, do not bother the king with petty concerns! What is it, scout?
scout.jpg
The Grigoris have established a new settlements near Bethesda. They're enroaching onto our territory!
guard.jpg
Give the orders and I shall drive them out.
advisor.jpg
Now just wait a damn minute we should not-
andy.jpg
Oh ho ho ho...encroaching our territory? Hmmm.. No no no....that won't do.
advisor.jpg
Milord, their military might is larger than ours...we shouldn't...
andy.jpg
Who said anything about wars, fool! I shall send my Alt of Alts, Loki to handle this matter, NONE of you will act without my permission. IS THAT CLEAR?

The three nod and disperse.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Loki enters the town of Gongaga and performs his show. His charming and innocuous looks completely fooled the guards. The mayor and the people were enthralled by his performance...the Grigori guard captain can only watch in disbelief as the mayor signed away the city to Loki!

21.jpg

andy.jpg
WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUND!

The guards were forced to leave. The people cheered their new God King and went to construct a monument in his name.

22.jpg

Meanwhile in Bethesda, mayor Todd Howard proposes the construction of the Derp Brewing House to ease the populace's stress and boost entertainment. The plan was approved. It would take many years before this is completed.

23.jpg

A time of celebration perhaps, as Loki inspires the people of Gongaga to reward their loyalty?

guard.jpg
Sir, I regret to inform you that...
advisor.jpg
What is it?
guard.jpg
The King..he's...
advisor.jpg
Oh no...

24.jpg

25.jpg

This is why there's no long term planning for the Insane. Things change on a whim...and you just have to adapt. The loss of Andhaira's charisma, replaced by the rhetoric of 'Moo-slim' preaching amidst the growing discontent from Unsolved Murder of Liberal in Bethesda caused extreme unhappiness in the capital city. The advisors quickly enacted the Religion edict to calm the rioting crowds.

26.jpg

Meanwhile on the eastern shores...
27.jpg

The Desert Nomads, Malakim establishes contact with us.

guard.jpg
Advisor, we've received the survey report.
advisor.jpg
And?
guard.jpg
We...we're not even on the list.
28.jpg

More contacts established, this time with the jewish dwarf Kingdom of Khazad. Founder of the Runes of Kilmorph.

29.jpg

Meanwhile, the Inane Warriors are busy clearing away a lizardmen lair just off the shores of Gongaga's River. Fortunately, Loki's chaotic blade proved to the advantage and no loss were reported.

30.jpg

andy.jpg
Loki, I HAVE THE PERFECT MISSION FOR YOU!

31.jpg

Slipping past the borders, Loki's circus troupe proceed towards Lanun borders, intent on spreading mischief.

Meanwhile in Retardoland, a sage who dwells in vault offered his services.

32.jpg

The advisors, capitalizing on his dedication on the theory behind choices and consequences decides to build an Iron Tower for him to occupy, increasing research yield and culture in the city dramatically.

33.jpg

Meanwhile, Loki's show has begun, but it did not have the desired effect. The culture of the city is too strong to yield to his charms, he will have to move to another city.

34.jpg

The copper we mined now provides us with blades and machetes strong enough to cut down forests. Incredibly important to our workers.

35.jpg

Once the jungles near Bethesda and Bioware are cleared, the sugar and dye plantations can be exploited! We will study the calendar concept to find out the best planting season and crop rotations.

36.jpg

Our troops gain much needed arms. Ready to face challenges when required.

37.jpg

Our lone fishing boat meets a noble end as it attempts to pillage a pirate cove.

38.jpg

Loki's encore in Paradera was successful! But the close proximity to Innsmouth may prove to be too tense for the Lanun pirates to bear...Loki forces the citizens to abandon the city walls, and the city is no more, the mayor and his people were last seen walking into the forests, not to be seen again.

Months later, Loki's troupe emerged in Aylesbury. The City Watch grew alarmed as the shrilling music and dancers takes over the people completely! This time, the mayor raised the Retardo banner high above the city walls. The garrison shrugged and walked away, wondering at what had happened to the river town.

39.jpg

The Grigori offers open borders, perhaps with a little roadworks trade can flourished between both towns.

40.jpg

To reconcile and earn some coin, Loki settles for performance in one of Lanun major coastal city. Gold flowed freely and a good was had. The City Watch totally forgot what had happened months earlier at Aylesbury.

41.jpg

Finally, the scholars plan for something big, a cheerful celebration of sort. For the kingdom has grown stronger over months - without a single military act to show for it.

42.jpg

43.jpg

Aylesbury, Gongaga extends the kingdom's borders. But the threat of other kingdom still remains.

44.jpg

guard.jpg
Unacceptable!
advisor.jpg
Control yourself! You don't realize what is at stake!
andy.jpg
Why...must we stop them from learning of our faith, gentlemen?
advisor.jpg
Sire?
andy.jpg
Let them have it. Who knows...they will gaze in the face of insanity and won't come out of it...alive.

Finally, CELEBRATION!

45.jpg

Scholars resume research on sails to leave the puny coasts and search beyond.

46.jpg

A revelry was planned. The citizens eagerly await the signal...

47.jpg

And with that, a chapter ended and another begun.

48.jpg

Our Golden Age of Inanity has arrived!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Too many Codex injokes, can't keep up!

That said: incoming machete rape!

Damned Registrations

Loki is way more useful than I thought.

Also, you were lucky your civ didn't get wiped out by that first spectre. They usually beeline for my capital.

Going to try for a religious victory? Not sure if that works with evil religions very well though, since the evil civs tend to murder eachother even if they share religion, while good civs sharing religion ally up and scourge other religions off the map.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, at first I was using it like a noob. I was just keeping him in my capital, using Inspiration for the puny 2 research point per turn and 1 Great Sage Point generation.

When the unhappiness strike the capital, I just park him there using the Entertain, but gain no gold since it was my own city...then I realized I'm doing it wrong and set him off on other civs. Fucking effective, I must say. Especially against non creative civs.

Newly built towns with 0 culture flips immediately, that's like a settler production down the drain. Ouch, baby.

Damned Registrations

Captured settler even, if you keep it. Pretty huge. When you flipped the first city I was like 'Wtf? Did he just sacrifice him to steal the town? Didn't know you could do that.'

RK47

Patron
Music: Heroes IV - The Prayer

leader.jpg
Alright, men. You've heard what the God King has said, while he is away on his epic quest to return to Codexia, or whatever that is, I'll be attempting to coordinate the kingdom's effort in growth and politics.
advisor.jpg
Very well, Commander. Shall I start with the dreadful economic figures or...
leader.jpg
Err...no. Let's not. Guardsman, what is our current realm reports?
01.jpg

guard.jpg
Well, milord. If you look at the map, our recent acquisition of Gongaga and Aylesbury puts our border in direct contact with both Lanun to the west, and Grigori to the south.
leader.jpg
Any military movement so far from the west?
02.jpg

guard.jpg
We're uh....pretty tense. Rumour has it the Pirate King Falamar is quite incensed by Loki's mischief. It costed him two cities. One abandoned...the other...well, is our current Aylesbury. They're pretty cautious.
advisor.jpg
Obviously they're going to take what was theirs by force. We're so doomed...
leader.jpg
Huh...let's try to improve relations..by the way, where's Loki?
03.jpg

guard.jpg
Hell if I know, sir.
leader.jpg
Well, in any case, tell the scholars to focus on seafaring vessel research. We need those to start up our trade routes between kingdoms we've already discovered. I think our workers are incapable of paving roads all the time.
advisor.jpg
That is a most economically wise decision, milord. Our coffers are running dry but what about the Lanun military threat?
leader.jpg
Well...guardsman, see what freaks and other muscles you can recruit. They might not be best, but it's all we've got. Fortify Aylesbury, if you can spare the men.
guard.jpg
Will do.

Months later, fortune arrived to the kingdom...
04.jpg

leader.jpg
That's good news. Unfurl the sail, let's get this trade on the seas!
05.jpg

With the discovery of seafaring vessels, the Kingdom of Inanity is now able to establish trade with faraway kingdoms, as long as they have a city by the coast.

leader.jpg
Let's get Retardoland to construct the Lighthouse!
06.jpg

advisor.jpg
Sir, good news from the south. Our workers have successfully started the dye plantation. We've enough surplus to trade with another nation.
leader.jpg
That's great news! Find out what the other kingdom needs, maybe we can start the trade!

Soon, the Kingdom of Inanity signed a trade treaty with Clan of Embers. Wine from the Clan will be traded for Dyes from Bethesda. Smiles are exchanged as the treaty was signed.
07.jpg

clan.jpg
I must admit, human. You are quite shrewd.
leader.jpg
The Kingdom of Inanity knows a strong ally when they see one. Let us hope this is the beginning of a good relationship between both of us.
clan.jpg
Same to us. Do not cross the Clan...or you will suffer our wrath.

Days later, another emissary arrive from the Kingdom of Luichurp.
leader.jpg
What did he say?
advisor.jpg
He said...uh..
08.jpg

leader.jpg
This is from the Derp Brewing House in Bethesda?
luichurp.jpg
We don't worship yer gods, human. It is obscene, I tell you! Obscene! My king, Garrim Gyr the Great demands a tribute for this insult! Ales from you, EVERY YEAR!
leader.jpg
So be it. Serving girls, open the taps. Let's have a drink.

A few dozen glasses later...
luichurp.jpg
Asss I wasss sayinnnggg Andhyyy...ahndyyyy is a rettarddddd... Thisssss kingdom of yours.....INSANE I tell yass...
leader.jpg
Yes, yes yes...come..let's teach each other things...How about I explain to you how our religious practices works...while you teach us some of those dwarven masonry and cartography?
luichurp.jpg
FFFfffffffah! FINE! Only BECAUSEssss...you ask nicely!! MOAR ALE!
leader.jpg
You heard the dwarf, MOAR ale!
09.jpg

leader.jpg
At least we didn't lose out much...on the deal. Fucking greedy dwarves.
10.jpg

leader.jpg
Right. Our next research should focus on smelting...with a little luck, we should gain access to iron weapons. That should ease our military worries.
11.jpg

guard.jpg
Fine choice, sir! We'll be able to take on those sissy pirates with ease!

Suddenly the doors to the meeting hall bursts opens!

andy.jpg
SOOOO! HOWS MY KINGDOM DOING!?
leader.jpg
Lord Andhaira!

Everyone bows in reverence.
andy.jpg
What's this? What's this? Trade treaties? AMAZING! We HAVE SOMETHING TO TRADE? AFTER ALL THIS TIME!?!
leader.jpg
Yes, milord! I've secured several trades...with Clan Embers and Luichurps. We should be able to see the returns in several years!
andy.jpg
Good, good, good....NOT! *Slams the table* I WANT AN ARMY. NOW!
12.jpg

13.jpg

advisor.jpg
But my Divine King Andhaira we just -

Andhaira slaps the advisor hard.

andy.jpg
I AM THE KING. YOU LISTEN TO ME. NOT TALK! YOU!
leader.jpg
Yes, milord?
andy.jpg
GET ME AN ARMY! EXPAND! SPREAD MY IDEAS! CLAIM MORE INANE TERRITORY IN MY NAME!
leader.jpg
At once. Sire.
andy.jpg
Good. Good.....now if you excuse me, I must resume my epic quest to return to Codexia...while DarkUnderlord is away....Mwahhahahhahaa....*turns around to leave...stops...and glares at the three* GET TO WORK!
leader.jpg
Your will be done. Gentlemen!
guard.jpg
I guess with his strong words and aggressiveness, troops would be more motivated to fight..I'll shape up some freaks and swordsmen.
advisor.jpg
When he says expand...I guess he meant settlers...I'll start the wagon in Retardoland...it'll take some time...but I bet we can churn enough two to fill the coasts to the east.
leader.jpg
You do that. I'll secure more trades.
14.jpg

leader.jpg
So, what I'm saying, it was just a misunderstanding...
lanun.jpg
D'you take me for an idiot?
leader.jpg
No, you're not. I can see your sabers shining from across the rivers, your privateers ready to pillage the seas...we're fine with that...just...stay away from our river side...Loki...is a little...
lanun.jpg
I should gut ye where you stand now, clown-commander...if it wasn't for ...hmmmph. Fine. It's our silk for your sugar, yes?
leader.jpg
Yes, enjoy it...in good health.

Months passed, and the freak recruitments ran into a hitch...
guard.jpg
Sir, we've...a problem.
leader.jpg
What is it?
15.jpg

guard.jpg
Some of the freak mutations...uh...it's quite random. Some of them are missing a limb...and suffers debilitating disease.
leader.jpg
Oh, no matter...put them in a cage and start a freak show.
guard.jpg
Sir?
leader.jpg
That's what Andhaira told me before leaving for his epic quest. So ...just build a cage at the town square, a barrel of rotten tomatoes and everyone should be happy..
16.jpg

guard.jpg
I...uh..I see...
leader.jpg
We're inane, guardsman. Get used to it.

Months later...
17.jpg

advisor.jpg
One wagon of settlers have arrived and settled...they named their town - Jubilee...
leader.jpg
That won't do.
advisor.jpg
Uh?
leader.jpg
Call it...Activision.
guard.jpg
Urgent news, sir! Clan Emissary is here to see you, he's pretty fierce...
leader.jpg
Send him in.
18.jpg

leader.jpg
Hello, friend. What can I do for you?
clan.jpg
We've come for your sweet, sweet sugar...
leader.jpg
What do you offer for trade?
clan.jpg
Oh..how about...peace. Yes...I heard you people are peace and fun loving people...yes? Inane, but fun.

The orc emissary starts playing with his dagger hilt as he spoke.
clan.jpg
No more games. Yes. Or no. Lord Jonas Endain, Master of the Horde awaits your reply.
leader.jpg
Tell him he'll have the sweetness next month. We need time to pack.
clan.jpg
HA. HA. HA. Good. Good. I knew we could count on you...Inane-folk...

The emissary stabs the table with his dagger and left behind guffawing..
leader.jpg
You haven't signed the treaty...
clan.jpg
That's the dagger. Remove it on my next visit and the deal is off.
leader.jpg
Fine. (Scum.)
advisor.jpg
Dreadful business that greenskin...ah..second wagon of settlers are ready to move, sir.
leader.jpg
Tell them to call it...ID Software.

Months passed, no trades were made...until one day, a Khazad emissary arrived with wagons of cow and a group of farmers.
20.jpg

leader.jpg
This ...is most unexpected, my friend. I thank you on behalf of King Andhaira.
khazad.jpg
Don't be so humble, we always look after the smaller kingdoms. No insult intended...what's your name again?
leader.jpg
You can call me, Andhaira, I am one of my lord's many alts. Thank you...anyway.
khazad.jpg
Remember this day...farewell, Andhaira.
advisor.jpg
What do we do with these animals and farmers?
leader.jpg
Obviously he wants us to learn how to ranch these animals. Tell the workers to start working on those cows...lord knows I could use some beef with my meals.

Months passed...
advisor.jpg
Lighthouse of Retardoland complete, sir.
21.jpg

leader.jpg
Start the Great Lighthouse construction. It's time to show them what the Inane Kingdom can do.

Weeks pass...
22.jpg

leader.jpg
It'd be nice if we can hire the enchanter to join us...but we lack the gold.

23.jpg

scout.jpg
Sir, report from the border - the Lanuns have founded a new city, north of Aylesbury.
leader.jpg
I see...and Loki?
scout.jpg
Well, he's starting a performance there as we speak.
24.jpg

leader.jpg
Outstanding.

Another Lanun city fall under Inane control, severely limiting the Lanun's influence.

Weeks later...
25.jpg

leader.jpg
Between a rock and hard place...
luichurp.jpg
How dare you even think twice of this offer?
leader.jpg
I'm sorry, did I misheard you? That was no offer - that was a demand. They're one of our biggest customer, t'would be stupid for us to break deals with them and got nothing out of it.
luichurp.jpg
What about ours?
leader.jpg
Yours? You mean the free ale to your cities? You're welcome to break it any time. Now, how about some bananas?
26.jpg

The flustered emissary signed the deal, not wishing to push the issue any further.

guard.jpg
You held your ground, why?
leader.jpg
I would be crazy to piss off the horde. Let these mountain huggers face their wrath. They won't make it to our shores that soon...
advisor.jpg
Terrible news! The mine outside Retardoland is occupied with spiders!
27.jpg

leader.jpg
Collapse the mine immediately!
guard.jpg
My men can-
leader.jpg
No. Don't take any chances.

As ordered, the mine was collapsed, killing the spiders within. Weeks later, worker rebuilt the rubble with no incident. Meanwhile, Loki resumes his performance at the Lanun capital of Innsmouth to help cover the trade deficit.
28.jpg

Months passed, just as things get quieter...
29.jpg

leader.jpg
Ah...how's your mistress Alexia?
calabim.jpg
Do not attempt to change the subject, sheep.
leader.jpg
Hmm. We don't like them either. Very well. We'll cancel the deals, but you owe us one.

A breakthrough in research followed, the secret of Smelting supposed to bring military edge...turns out to be a dud.
30.jpg

leader.jpg
What do you mean no iron was found in our domain?
scout.jpg
We've tried our best, but we found none...
advisor.jpg
This is dreadful news! All that effort, for nothing!
leader.jpg
No...it's not. Let's head to the Grigori capital.

grigori.jpg
Ahh...an envoy from the Inane Kingdom. *Chuckles* Come to abandon your false beliefs?
leader.jpg
Nothing of the sort, but I have something to offer the faithless - strength in arms.
31.jpg

grigori.jpg
Interesting. Tell us more.

Trade of the knowledges went smoothly. We also secured a trade treaty before leaving.
32.jpg

33.jpg

advisor.jpg
That was quick thinking - at least we made something out of it!
leader.jpg
Yeah..I'm glad too.
guard.jpg
Sir, Clan of Embers just declared war on the Malakims...
34.jpg

leader.jpg
None of our concern. Let's move on. How's the Great Lighthouse project?
guard.jpg
It shines brightly in the night's sky.
35.jpg

leader.jpg
Fuck yeah. Come, we have more deals to settle before this month's end.
36.jpg

leader.jpg
So, as you can see...you'll WANT this edge. It's what you dwarves live for, am I right?
luichurp.jpg
Shut up and trade, human. Are you this inane and long-winded while trading?
leader.jpg
Just making sure I'm getting a fair deal...send King Garrim my regards...
advisor.jpg
What a coup!
37.jpg

leader.jpg
Yeah, with all these social policies...and libraries...our kingdom won't fall behind anymore! Let's draw up a new state policy!
38.jpg

leader.jpg
Switching to Aristocracy would surrender control of most farms to nobility, therefore increasing the tax yields.
advisor.jpg
But the food yield-
leader.jpg
Will be taken care of with our Agrarian economy. If we favor grain trade above all else, I'm sure our people would be healthier and more productive.
guard.jpg
What about the military?
leader.jpg
I guess we can start adopting Military State rule, that'll ease some army overhead costs - that settles it.

More trades followed, the Kingdom is basically selling away the secret of smelting to the rest of the realm.
39.jpg

While making some gold on the sides.
40.jpg

41.jpg

Months later...
scout.jpg
News from the south, sir!
leader.jpg
What is it?
scout.jpg
It's Loki!
leader.jpg
Where is he now?
42.jpg

scout.jpg
Amurite territory.
leader.jpg
Sigh.
43.jpg

leader.jpg
Take them all...let's see how the Amurites respond to this...

Another Amurite city falls prey to Loki's mischievous play...
45.jpg

46.jpg

leader.jpg
That's...that's insane. If this map is correct...
47.jpg

leader.jpg
We just grew FIVE cities in this period!
advisor.jpg
I'm sure King Andhaira will be pleased.
guard.jpg
The bigger our territory, the more soldiers we need to safeguard it...
leader.jpg
Aye, our job is never done. But we've done good gentlemen...

Damned Registrations

Pity most of your cities are inland and won't benefit from the wonder you built. OTOH, they were mostly free, so eh, whatever.

How the fuck did you steal an Amurite city? They're only allowed 3, and they're friggin huge and powerful. Hell, cultural victory is one of their best options.

Be careful with that expansive trait too. When it disappears and your cities suddenly lose 3 health, you could be in for a lot of unrest.

RK47

Patron
DamnedRegistrations said:
Pity most of your cities are inland and won't benefit from the wonder you built. OTOH, they were mostly free, so eh, whatever.

How the fuck did you steal an Amurite city? They're only allowed 3, and they're friggin huge and powerful. Hell, cultural victory is one of their best options.

Be careful with that expansive trait too. When it disappears and your cities suddenly lose 3 health, you could be in for a lot of unrest.

You are mistaken, the ones who are limited to mega cities aren't Amurites, it's Kuriotates.

RK47

Patron
Music: Asylum

leader.jpg
I don't think this is such a good idea, milord...
andy.jpg
But what's the harm? Truly! I've been away from my throne for so long....AND I AM EXTREMELY BORED!
leader.jpg
We still need you here...this little game of yours...
andy.jpg
MINI-game!
leader.jpg
Yes, mini-game..why would you even risk visiting Falamar on his flagship for a mere card game?
andy.jpg
Oh, please, don't you know Somnium is a game between two kings? Wars and peace treaties are established from wins and losses! You should cheer me on for fighting your battles for you!
leader.jpg
I..uh...very well.

Days later...a lone boat sails off Retardoland, its occupant rowing aside the Lanun's pride and joy, the King's Bounty before coming aboard.

01.jpg

andy.jpg
Nice boat.
lanun.jpg
Welcome, Andy! I didn't think you'd accept my invitation!
andy.jpg
Oh, please! I'd never turn down a good game of Somnium! Now. REFRESH ME ON THE RULES!
lanun.jpg
Well...here's what we do.
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

andy.jpg
I'm all clear. Shall we begin? *Shuffles the pack of cards*
lanun.jpg
There's one matter of the stake, though...are we playing for fun...or?
andy.jpg
What you want to play strip Somnium? Some may call this junk, *lowers his pants* but I call them treasures...
lanun.jpg
*Averts his gaze* Ugh. Look. Things are tense between our two nations...that pet of yours, Loki...
andy.jpg
He isn't my pet. He's MY ALT!
lanun.jpg
Whatever you call it..he's getting on my nerves. Lose....and your kingdom will pay the price for my wrath.
andy.jpg
If I win?
lanun.jpg
Then we'll get along just fine. *Throws dice.* High or low?
andy.jpg
Low.

The dice shows a one.

andy.jpg
I'm FIRST ME FIRST! ROFFLES!
lanun.jpg
Go ahead, Andhaira.

Andhaira carefully cuts the first card...revealing five of Suns!

andy.jpg
Oooh, warm!

He peels a second one from the stack...and draws six of Towers!

andy.jpg
HIGHER HIGHER!
lanun.jpg
Get on with it!

Finally, he draws the third! And gains four of Pentacles.

andy.jpg
I'm done! That's...
05.jpg

lanun.jpg
Fifteen points. My turn.

Falamar draws his first. Four of dragons.

lanun.jpg
See, our military build up is perfect...even my ships are full of hungry corsairs...
andy.jpg
Well, feed'em something, then...

Falamar draws another, revealing Seven of Swords!

lanun.jpg
We've plenty of food, Andhaira.....BUT...we're hungry....for something else.

The pirate king cuts the third card from the deck. However, he draws Five of Swords!
06.jpg

andy.jpg
Awww....touchy touchy...best control yourself...I'm sorry, Fally, that's all three cards discarded. ZERO Points. PHAILED!
lanun.jpg
Hmph. Lucky break. Your turn.

Andhaira's turn. He draws Six of Suns.

andy.jpg
See,....I left most of my affairs to my advisors...they're....capable. Oh...I've already got a five of Suns...I should go for MOAR.

A second card reveals five of Demons!

andy.jpg
Sweeet. Six points...hmmmm Oh yeah, Loki...naughty child...but y'see, we've been good friends, Falamar.....it'd be shame...
lanun.jpg
If you piss us off...

Andhaira draws a third card and calmly sets it on the table. It's three of Swords.

andy.jpg
See...our military may be weak...but...trade's good isn't it? What's spilling blood good for? Why don't we just be good friends, eh? I'm done with my draw, how many points is that?
07.jpg

lanun.jpg
Nine. I see your point, Andhaira. My turn.

The pirate king wastes no time drawing three cards in quick succession before stopping. Seven of Demons, Cups and Five of Wands concludes his draw.
08.jpg

lanun.jpg
But really, stay off my land..and I'll stay off yours. Don't push us...
andy.jpg
Yes, yes...but have you heard of our Great Lighthouse?

Andhaira's turn, he draws four of Demons.

lanun.jpg
Your what-?

andy.jpg
Great light- *Draws card* OOOH! THE FOOL!

09.jpg

lanun.jpg
Damn you!
andy.jpg
I'll...take....your Seven of Cups! And draw another card!

10.jpg

The final draw is 6 of wands. Andhaira concludes his draw with a healthy 13 points gain.

lanun.jpg
You really completed the Great Lighthouse?

Like a madman possessed, Falamar swipes four quick cards in succession, giving little pause in between the draws. He gains 15 points from the four safe draws.
11.jpg

andy.jpg
Yeah, so what?
lanun.jpg
Our sailors admire those kind of seas stuff...your turn, clown. Beautiful engineering on that towering structure.

Andhaira smile brightens as he draws Seven of Suns, the highest value of the face card.
andy.jpg
Mmmm. You think so?

A second draw yields a lowly 3 angels. The third draw is epic. Seven Towers.
12.jpg

andy.jpg
I'm on a roll tonight, Falamar.
lanun.jpg
Tch...5 points for you. The game's not over.

Falamar draws 6 angels, 5 towers and 5 dragons. That would've closed the gap slightly, if he hadn't been too greedy. The fourth draw is 4 of towers. He had to discard all the cards he drew.
13.jpg

andy.jpg
See where your greed is taking you, Fally? Self control...is essential.
lanun.jpg
A psycho clown speaks of self control? HA! Your turn!

Two small draws by Andhaira follows...

andy.jpg
See, I'm not greedy....but I know if I gain to lose little, I'm not afraid to gamble it...

The third draw is the Fool!
14.jpg

andy.jpg
BLAM! RIGHT ON THE KISSER!
lanun.jpg
Unbelievable.
andy.jpg
Gimme the Seven of demons please. I draw another card!

15.jpg

The fourth draw is four of angels. That concludes Andhaira's turn.

andy.jpg
42 to 20 points, you just got Pwned, Pirate.
lanun.jpg
Shut up and play.

16.jpg

Falamar finally drew the Fool, but it meant little.

He reclaimed his 7 of cups from Andhaira's hand, but lost it on the second draw...
17.jpg

lanun.jpg
FUCK!

In contrast, the clown king can do no wrong. The Pakist of Purity totally wtfpwned the Pirates in fashion, drawing two uber high cards in quick succession.

18.jpg

andy.jpg
And this is why Allah is great.

Falamar couldn't even muster a comeback, both verbally and in game. Despite drawing 7 of moons, his second duplicate draw screwed him over. He ends up with 0 points once more.
19.jpg

The clown king fared no better than Falamar on his next draw, but his losses are minimal. He already gained the high cards to make sure the gap is too wide to close.
20.jpg

Falamar lost all logic and threw caution to the wind, with expected results...
21.jpg

andy.jpg
Tsk tsk tsk....what a waste...

Andhaira's draw 7 of Dragon and concluded his turn with a smile.
22.jpg

lanun.jpg
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Every draw of the card, Falamar slams the card on the table. 6 demons, 5 angels, and 6 dragons. He nearly drew a fourth but stopped.
23.jpg

andy.jpg
Getting wiser, eh?

Andhaira's turn, 6 cups and 6 swords. Giving him an additional 6 points by replacing the 3 cups and 3 swords in his hand.
24.jpg

andy.jpg
Sorry, bro...looks like this game....is OVAH~

Falamar flipped another two, realizing there's four cards left on the deck...he settled on five moons and four swords...not gaining much ground.
25.jpg

andy.jpg
Let's avoid senseless death eh?

Andhaira's turn..and he drew DEATH!
26.jpg

andy.jpg
Like this one. I lost nothing. There's one card left on the deck for you to take. All yours, Falamar. But you know, who'd win in the end...

Falamar silently nodded...and didn't even reach for the last card....laying his hand on the table.
Andhaira smiled widely as the final score is tallied. 58 to 40. A total rout.
27.jpg

andy.jpg
That was fun.
lanun.jpg
You got me good...heh...
andy.jpg
About that wager?
lanun.jpg
Never too late to build bridges, I've lost, clown. May your kingdom be inane for another day.

28.jpg

The two king shook hands and drank merrily into the night.

Majestic47

Learned
Phew, so far things are going smoothly in the game, not a single war declared on us, but I know some civs are getting jealous of our success.

When we first started, we're 2nd from last.
Right now, we're at 2nd place, just behind Clan of Embers by virtue of overall tech, population, culture. Theirs is based on high military might. Still good relations with Jonas, though.
Hope this shit lasts.

Things I realize from playing 200+ turns:
1. Coastal cities are good gold maker
since Lighthouse & Harbor (Coast Exclusive Buildings) adds an extra trade route and 50% commerce to the city. But depending on their geography, they tend to suck in production. There's hardly a hill near both coast cities. It's growing fast, but developing slow.

2. You can't do everything at once
I'm finding it incredibly hard to balance economy (workers) while keeping cities garrisoned. Loki scouting run revealed Lanuns having around a dozen over swordsmen garrisoned in most of their cities. We're barely covered with an odd swordsman and a few freaks. But I really can't bear to see squares undeveloped. So I have to sacrifice some growth to pump out workers, while other industrious towns bring up garrison strength in borders.

3. Tech planning is key
Yeah, that Octo Overlord proved to be good political tool. We're not getting as much hate despite being a constant annoyance. But the iron-military tech up was botched by the lack of iron ore. :( Good thing we still traded it for some cheaper techs. Now...we need an alternative source of power. I propose magic.

4. Current kingdom make up - Good will lose
3 Neutrals, 1 Good, the rest Evil. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Damned Registrations

The priests are the only reason I ever go for OO. Other religions have way better benefits/governments. But the OO priest spell is just so so OP.

Majestic47

Learned
Oh yeah, of course. It's a really, really awesome depth in variety when you consider the amount of strategy you could pull off with different religions and kingdom pick.

Let's see, off the top of my head:

Rune of Kilmorph allows you to recruit Soldier of Kilmorphs, they're average fighters, gaining movement bonus on hills, but the best bit about them is that they can be sacrificed for hammers production in cities they are parked at. This meant the smaller towns will grow quickly if the big towns kept pumping them with Soldiers every 5-10 turns. Hell, even wonders can be rushed this way. RoK temples also generates coins - luxury resources like gold, gems also gives additional happiness due to followers being a materialistic lot.

If you think the above is strong, try Clan of Embers unique racial ability, Warrens structure that doubles unit production in cities with Warrens. Build one, get another free. That's two Soldiers pumping non stop. Fucking broken if you ask me.

Others like Ashen Veil ramps up research power per temple while the priest of the Veil provides offensive firepower by casting Ring of Flames that damages units in 8 squares around it. They also unlock plague zombies as unique unit. The Ashen Priest gives civilization who are not very magically inclined a very strong offensive support - and that extra research, in fact, it's a tough choice between RoK or AV for Clan of Embers who don't have access to libraries and tied with research penalty.

Octopus Overlord seem...weak in comparison, but if you ever approach their priest near coasts, be prepared to be drowned, HARD. Also, culture is probably the best choice for defensive kingdoms. It increases realm's influence while giving defensive bonuses in cities like another wall that keeps getting stronger as Culture level increases. It pairs very well with Loki, who can fuck up rival cities with Disrupt while the inane culture spread and eats into the opposing borders.

Damned Registrations

Culture disciples are indeed awesome. Great for giving newly captured towns instant culture boundaries (I think it solves the revolt from capture too?)

Don't forget you can also use your OO priests from boats. Makes for some imba raids on coastal cities. Just wiping out the roads in one turn is pretty awesome, never mind the damage.

My favourite are the forest hippies though. Treants are awesome, and the civic is insane. You can make the most absurdly huge cities with them, usually in a perpetual golden age.

Majestic47

Learned
OO Priests can walk on water :) And yes, culture cultists can pop in conquered town to solve revolts instantly. Pretty sweet stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom