Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fall From Heaven 2 - Infernal Edition

Who are we?

• Bannor, the Crusaders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elhoim, the Tolerant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kuriotates, Children of the Gold Dragon

• Luichurp, the Golem Crafters

• Malakim, the Desert Priests

• Amurites, the Magic Wielders

• Grigori, the Godless Heroes

• Hippus, the Horseback Mercenaries

• Khazad, the Dwarven Kingdom of Greed

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Lanun, the Swashbuckling Ruler of the Seas

• Ljosalfar, the Defenders of the Forest (Hippies)

• Sidar, the Ghostly Kingdom

• Balseraphs, the Twisted Carnival

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Calabim, where the Vampires Reign

• Clan of Embers, the Mighty Horde

• Doviello, the Savage Kingdom

• Illians, the Frozen Kingdom

• Sheaim, the Bringers of Armageddon

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Svartalfar, the Elves of the Dark Forest (Faggots)

• Total voters

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So... does any of the NPC kingdoms still stand a chance? Clan of embers might I suppose.

And yeah, good update.

Cassidy

Arcane
So... does any of the NPC kingdoms still stand a chance? Clan of embers might I suppose.

And yeah, good update.

Once I was playing with the Grigori. One heroic unit with 100 xp defending the capital with a few more archers vs. a stack of dozen Balseraph archers and I had only two cities left. If you guessed that the heroic unit slaughtered all attackers you guessed it right.

The AI just sucks so much that even if they are way ahead of the player in score and number of cities, as soon as the player decides to get aggressive they are bound to lose.

But Hyborem are really tough. It took me countless crusaders and an heroic unit to take them down while they had only one city. Assassins are the reason why the Royal Guard alone justifies sticking with Aristocracy civic until you can build a core of experienced units with the guardian upgrade.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The AI could definitely use some improvements where it's handling of heroes (both yours and theirs) are concerned. Considering how often the AI manages to get some crazy 100 xp archer guarding it's cities, it's abysmal at getting it's heroes to the same levels, and they really are game changers.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Meanwhile, in Terraria....
Terraria%202012-01-05%2023-26-18-45.jpg

RK47

Patron
Ehhh...we killed the wall. It's been fun. Now we're trying to get adamantium set to keep up alive longer. :) The current mobs seem to have doubled and tripled the HPs. I spammed bombs to move things along. Hahah. What a blast. All this for USD 2.50? What the fuck- GOTY 2011 imo!

Damned Registrations

Definitely the best money I've spent in the last couple years, and I bought it at release. Though even then it was still just 10$. That the devs followed through and released this much more content so quickly like they promised is awesome. I'll have to add it to my list of games to LP some day.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I can totally understand how you feel man, I mean, who wouldn't want to fap to animu pictures of disabled highschool girls getting fucked instead of playing an awesome Civ4 mod.

:mhd:

RK47

Patron
I can totally understand how you feel man, I mean, who wouldn't want to fap to animu pictures of disabled highschool girls getting fucked instead of playing an awesome Civ4 mod.

Of course, this game is accurately researched both medically and physically by the writers on the intricacy of having sexual relationships with amputees and horribly disfigured females. This is an experience of a lifetime. I might not get another chance like this again. And since Black Cat isn't around to show us the LP, I've taken the liberty to do one myself. Enjoy. :salute:

Ashery's still asleep and I'm on medical leave. Let's update!

The Grimoire unlocks a dark secret: the conjuring of Eidolon, the embodiment of evil. Only the greatest warriors of the Infernal will be bestowed this dark gift. But more importantly, the dark scrolls contain the ritual to summon Mardero - the Dark Champion of Infernal, hailing from Hell itself. As the Armageddon sign grows, his powers will rise as well.
01.jpg

The month passed. And the Ether returns. Enchanted Blades are bestowed upon the army of the infernals.
02.jpg

Hyborem himself unleashed his terrible whisper -
03.jpg

The City of Hallowell, home of the Khazad, was recently introduced to the Ashen Veil - it lies next to the Clan borders. Strong and fortified, it will serve well in future conflicts.
04.jpg

The Dark Underlord's whispers arrived and claim the city's obeisance. The dwarven garrison had no choice but to leave. Or stay and protect the city if they wish.
05.jpg

This news alarmed the Khazad's court - who in turn decides on the most logical response to the threat their greatest ally represent: Submission.
06.jpg

07.jpg

Rosier smirked. With this agreement, the Grigori can never agree to a ceasefire with the Khazad, and if the Clan wishes to fight the Khazad, they risk drawing the ire of the Infernals as well. Half of the known continent is theirs now.

Secrets are shared between the master and the vassal nation.
08.jpg

As well as resources.
09.jpg

The Khazad's brilliant engineering brought much needed logistics improvement to the army.
10.jpg

Their trained assassin ways also taught Infernals the secrets of the Shadow Assassins Creed. Enabling the silent killers to remain undetected until they strike, improving their survival rate and effectiveness.
11.jpg

The secrets of the optics enabled the Infernals to cross the oceans for the very first time, perhaps in search of other unconquered lands, if there is the possibility of such thing.
12.jpg

It would take a massive decline to stop the Infernal Alliance now.
13.jpg

War is finally declared on the Grigori - the whole Infernal Alliance behind it. And the flame of rages burns once more.
14.jpg

The city of Wutai, a fledgling town of the Grigori falls victim to Rosier's ruthlessness as catapults and cultists bombards the city without mercy.
15.jpg

Dark times are coming...
16.jpg

RK47

Patron
I'm LPing it DR. :lol:
Goddamn, if BC is around, I wouldn't be doing this.

Damned Registrations

I just remember the one thing evil civs have up their sleeves (if they researched it) that does benefit them as the AC rises. Only Evil civs are permitted to use the Sacrifice the Weak civic, which cuts food needs in half. Although this doesn't entirely get them off the hook when hell terrain creeps across their borders, it certainly helps. But much more importantly, when the famine strikes and cities suddenly have massive sickness penalties, civs that have this civic probably don't really give a fuck, while all the other civs run around trying to put down revolts while their cities starve and riot.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So have you pretty much won now, or could some big power show up from parts unknown?

Damned Registrations

Unless one of the unknown Civs overseas is Shiem and they crank the AC all the way to 100, he's probably fine. Even then he'd only lose if he had some especially shit luck (armageddon does not play fair.)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Unless one of the unknown Civs overseas is Shiem and they crank the AC all the way to 100, he's probably fine. Even then he'd only lose if he had some especially shit luck (armageddon does not play fair.)
No shit. I played sheaim once, got the AC up to 90 or so and then all 4 horsemen appear at pretty much the same time(the last boost was a huge +20 or something), right outside my borders. Meanwhile, a mountain spontaneously appears blocking the only path my army could use to get home after vanquishing the Lanun. My empire went down in less then 10 turns. Nothing I could do to stop those 20 strength beasts with my paltry defenses.

Cassidy

Arcane
I found a proper song for this thread:

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno

Through the fiery caverns we sail
Virgil at my side my guide and master
Questing through the nine plains of hell
Infernal wisdom shall fill my soul
Slowly now the days departing
The darkened air releases me
Frightening visions of my journey
Entrance me to limbo I'm not
Free

Abandon all hope who enter here
Enter the gates, Charon awaits

Abandon all hope who enter here
For this is where all things are left behind
Every doubt and every cowardice must die
Souls of rage and anger whipping in despair

The souls that wail on this plain pray for death
Denial is the reason for their suffering
Forever being stung by wasps and demons breath
The blood and tears that fall serve the maggots need

Descention, thrusting to the second plain
Minos judges as his tail twines
Lustful thoughts and greed whip these wretched souls
A hurricane of hate mocks their helpless pleas

Drifting now down deeper, into eternal flames
Awake at the third circle, the cold and filthy rain
Punished for their gluttony, languid for all time
The earth it stinks of corpses, damned for all time
The vicious beast Cerberus, three heads, blooded eyes
Tears his talons through the air, all the sinners cry

Down, be still thy cursed wolf
The master scorns its name
Dive to the next plain
The sullen and the vain
Suffer for greed
The prodigal they bleed
For all eternity
Plutus holds the key

Damned, the wrathful and the vain
Suffer the fifth plain
Cross the river Styx
Heed your crucifix
The mudded corpses cry
Howling to the sky
Reach the other side
Open wide the gate

Enter the sixth circle of barren land and flames
Passing through the gate of dis the furies scream her name
Belching forth in agony invoking her to rise
The spirit's rage consuming us the evil in their cries
Queen of vipers, queen of serpents
Cast their souls to stone
Spread to wealth of Gorgon's power
Medusa's inner soul

We're drawing ever closer to the seventh hell
They violate their neighbors, their god and themselves
We're sailing slowly through the boiling river of blood
Immersed in the depths below souls scream in agony
The twisted beast he laughs, he draws his arrow back
His sights on anyone exposing of their flesh
He impales their hearts with ease
And shrugs their piercing screams
Pity is they'll never die
They'll suffer here eternally

Imagine a place where every horror comes to life
Where every torture is real and time stands still
Eight fiery steps and we're closer to the end

In a cold and timeless grave buried head first in shit
Praying all the while for a quick & painless death
Scratching furiously at scabbed and oozing wounds

Lucifer ... angel of light
Cast below god of ice
Ruling hell unholy trinity
The traitors freeze for all eternity
Lucifer ... betrayer of god
Tormentor ruthless and cold
Judas' screaming here in agony
The traitors freeze for all eternity

Also, of course, after posting these lyrics I can't resist quoting again:

I am sometimes afraid like everyone else because I am a human being like everyone else. But this is something that is also greatly helped by developing a relationship with God and knowing that you're fully obeying to His Word. And it's an honor to fear my Heavenly Father, it's like a kid fears his earthly father. The father only inspires it at times to steer his kid into the right path.

Keep saying yourself whatever fabricated nihilistic nonsense you want so that you might sin guilt-free, when you finally meet with God it won't be the time to repent for your sins and accept Him as your Lord and Savior anymore. So simple, so easy... yet you still want to rebel. You do it because you think it makes you free, but all it does is condemn you into Satan's bondage.

It seems that at least 98% of the Codex will go to Hell, how sad. Satan must be laughing maniacally.

MOAR

*Edit: If you don't give a break to that Bioware Dating Sim Cripple Asian Edition to update this you'll end in a mental asylum.

:rpgcodex:

*Edit 2: Better link for the music.

RK47

Patron
Godless, Gone

The Infernal forces marches from within the Amurites borders, catching the Grigori city of Kalm by surprise. Ring of Flames burst outside the city walls, terrorizing the populace. They know the end is near.

01.jpg

Assassins venture within the walls at night, assassinating the crucial adepts and healers. If none are available, they go for the wounded and the weakest.

02.jpg

Not even the fledgling city of Wutai is spared.

03.jpg

Adding further to their ill tidings, rumors of a massive hell beast, summoned to battle by the Infernals. No force on Erebus can hope to match it in battle.

04.jpg

Hyborem pounds the city walls, bringing death and destruction as his champions cheer at his victories as they join the carnage.

05.jpg

06.jpg

Only three cities are left. The Dragon Slayer army nowhere to be seen.

07.jpg

This time, there will be no negotiation. Mardero, the Dark Champion from Beyond is summoned. He will bring damnation to this world.

08.jpg

Our dwarven vassals succeeded in recapturing Stoville. Only two Grigori cities are left.

09.jpg

The Dragon Slayer army, stood a month away from Costa del Sol, their last capital to make a last stand. Will they make it in time to foil the Infernals?

10.jpg

Riylod falls to Mardero's assault. Only Costa del Sol remains.

11.jpg

rosier.jpg
Don't hold back. I don't care what it takes, Costa del Sol must fall now before the Slayer army can retreat within the city walls. Ritualists, Corpses, Assassins, Champions, throw everything we've got!
du.jpg
Mmm...I believe the Codexians would prefer a blood bath...but this method would have to suffice...
rosier.jpg
There's no way in hell our recently drafted army can match the Grigorian heroes. They've hundred of years under their belts. Just finish it. NOW!

The orders for assault is given. The Grigori army watch in horror as the Infernals refused to cease their assaults.
12.jpg

13.jpg

grigori.jpg
WHY ARE THEY STILL ATTACKING? Where's Duncan?!
slayer.jpg
My lord, he's still a month's away from marching back...we can still -Urk..
14.jpg

The guard's words were cut short by a blade to his heart. The assassin having done his work. On cue, the city gates collapses, the infernals poured in. There will be no last stand. No light at the end of darkness.
Cassiel rose from his throne, drawing his sword, only to find an arrow lodged on his right palm. He gasped in pain as an armored man flanked by dark champions and Hyborem himself enters his throne room.

grigori.jpg
You...you serve this demon? As slaves?!
rosier.jpg
I, Rosier the Fallen, Infernal Commander demand your complete surrender to our empire. Disband your armies, and serve your new gods.
grigori.jpg
...you...you win.
du.jpg
Kneel before your new Lord, faithless scum.

Cassiel does as asked, ready for whatever comes next. Rosier draws his blade and points it on Cassiel's head.

rosier.jpg
Any last words?
grigori.jpg
I had meant to free you from your strings. Farewell, puppet, enjoy your dance.
rosier.jpg
Indeed. Now, that life, return it to God.

With a final stroke, the Godless King falls signalling the end of the legendary Dragon Slayers.

Cassidy

Arcane
Hyborem's theme: Burnt Offerings

In one last breath
You'll feel this damned old soul
You'll see the things I see

For all these years
Of pain and sacrifice
You'll know the pain I know

Of all these things
I offer unto you
Infernal wisdom waits

Now unleashed
Like the flames of hate
My sacrifice is made

Every note
And every word you hear
Comes from deep within

An angry soul
That twists and turns inside
Pondering this life

Crimson eyes
Staring through your lies
Awakes the inner rage

Take my knife
Make my sacrifice
You're my burnt offering

Spill your blood
Offer me good omen
Make the sacrifice, the hours close at hand
Burn your soul
Offer me good omen
Take your very life, this I command

Dark shadows fall on this sacred ground
Where true evil lies, summon them to rise
Take the traitors, thieves and liars
Feed them to the fire
But first, spread their blood around
The message will be found
Walk carefully my friends stab my back again
A warning from the sky

These are not idle threats my friends
We're slaughtering the lambs
True vengeance is on the rise
The traitors shall be damned
Cast their bodies to the flames

Spill your blood
Offer me good omen
Make the sacrifice, the hours close at hand
Burn your soul
Offer me good omen
Take your very life, this I command

RK47

Patron
The Black Swallow

du.jpg
Ahh, victory. Now..to enjoy the spoils at last!
rosier.jpg
We have no reason to cease conquest.
du.jpg
Hmmm...you seem to have developed...an appetite, Rosier. Why, I wonder?
rosier.jpg
Do you not hear it, Master? The cries for release? The strain of the chains binding this world, straining against our effort to break it?
du.jpg
You speak of Armageddon?
rosier.jpg
Our vassals' resolves are pitiful, they cower under our protection. Unsure of their future. I say we bring forth this end now, cease their suffering...and my torment as well!
du.jpg
Torment, Commander?
rosier.jpg
I hear their cries in their sleep. MOAR, they demanded. I wanted to give them the release they deserve. The end of all things. I want to grant it, if my lord would permit.
du.jpg
And what is it you wish to grant upon this world, Commander?
rosier.jpg
Death, in its fullest glory. There is no greater honor bestowed upon any world. A true end.
du.jpg
As you wish, Commander. Tell us where to go.

Music: Night of the Wolf

The Infernals march into Amurite borders unopposed.
01.jpg

Sierra Online, a village devastated by wars between Calabims and Amurites was the first to fall.
02.jpg

03.jpg

The Beasts of Agares shows no mercy and consumed all those who dare to stand in their way.
04.jpg

To the south, Hyborem assault the coastal city of Nimarail.
05.jpg

Simultaneously, Rosier commands the forces against the defenders of Ciriail.
06.jpg

07.jpg

The dark army of Eidolons descend upon the hapless defenders, unmatched.
The construction of the Bone Palace brings forth a Golden Age to the Infernal Kingdom.
08.jpg

Origin falls.
09.jpg

So does Nimarail.
10.jpg

And its sister city, Ciriail.
11.jpg

Not even the fishing village of Enaillelion was spared by the rampaging army.
12.jpg

Months after the war started, the famed Firebows of Amurite were whittled down to almost nothing. Their cities down to two.
13.jpg

As the massive Infernal War Machines descend upon their capital, Dain Caiswallawn knew the game is up. Surrendering his second last city and signed the treaty in his capital.
14.jpg

rosier.jpg
Welcome to the fold, Lord Caswallawn.
amurite.jpg
Commander Rosier, if I may speak.
rosier.jpg
What is it, Sage?
amurite.jpg
We seek assistance in destroying a great red dragon, to the west of us.
du.jpg
Oh? A Dragon? I thought those things cease to exist...
amurite.jpg
My sages studied its legends, and we knew it by the name of 'Archeron.' The great beasts guards its hoard for centuries, and would surrender none of it, despite my warriors' best attempt.
rosier.jpg
This beast, where is it?
amurite.jpg
The barbarian city of Udenarat, just west of here.
rosier.jpg
Very well. Let's go.

15.jpg

du.jpg
Beware, Rosier...this is no easy foe..
16.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
That dragon is no pushover. Especially with all those bonuses. But it can most likely be overwhelmed by pure numbers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom