Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Released

raeven

Educated
How are folks here enjoying the full release?

It's good. Enough of this fucking hesitation. If you pretend to like crpgs you should be playing this.

Goddam dude I said I bought the game already, chill out :cool:

The lack of reviews is a bummer though. A couple YouTube channels have said they will cover it soon, once they've played it more.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is both amazing and a mark of how extremely old I am.

Which is hugely, hugely depressing.

I'm going to cry in a corner now.

deama

Prophet
I'm happy for the Iron Tower and all, congratulations on another release. But as a player, to me it's an extremely verbose game. I'll give it another try. But I'll likely drop it. And then wait for the game to become moddable + for ChatGPT to be able to shorten text precisely as instructed, then mod it and play as it should be played, with 90% of the text thrown out.

It's really unfortunate that it takes its name from Fallout 1, yet doesn't respect its basics. If you play Fallout 1 you'll note that all dialogues are extremely to the point. And no descriptions, because DUH, the graphics describe it all. And when graphics aren't enough, talking heads finish the job.
There's an autohotkey script I made that you can drag text on your screen, it captures it via OCR and sends an api request to elevenlabs and streams it in a voice of your choosing.
Works well, the time for it to talk isn't that bad especially since it streams it, and they recently released turbo version which is much quicker to get started, though I think the quality is worse? Haven't experimented with it yet.

tindrli

Arcane
I'm happy for the Iron Tower and all, congratulations on another release. But as a player, to me it's an extremely verbose game. I'll give it another try. But I'll likely drop it. And then wait for the game to become moddable + for ChatGPT to be able to shorten text precisely as instructed, then mod it and play as it should be played, with 90% of the text thrown out.

It's really unfortunate that it takes its name from Fallout 1, yet doesn't respect its basics. If you play Fallout 1 you'll note that all dialogues are extremely to the point. And no descriptions, because DUH, the graphics describe it all. And when graphics aren't enough, talking heads finish the job.
There's an autohotkey script I made that you can drag text on your screen, it captures it via OCR and sends an api request to elevenlabs and streams it in a voice of your choosing.
Works well, the time for it to talk isn't that bad especially since it streams it, and they recently released turbo version which is much quicker to get started, though I think the quality is worse? Haven't experimented with it yet.
can you share that script so we can try it?

deama

Prophet

can you share that script so we can try it?
I think you'll need a subscription, at least the basic one, to try it on elevenlabs, or maybe now they allow free API stuff? Anyway, here's the autohotkey v1.6 one:
The important part is on lines 34s, you'll have to replace those with your python exe, and the python script to make the API call.
Code:
#NoEnv
#singleinstance, force            ; force, ignore, off
SetBatchLines, -1                 ; For speed in general
SetWinDelay, -1                   ; For speed of WinMove
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

BW := 2                           ; Border width (and height) in pixels
BC := "FF8800"                   ; Border color
FirstCall := True
Gui, -Caption +ToolWindow +LastFound +AlwaysOnTop
Gui, Color, %BC%
Return

^+LButton::
MouseGetPos, OriginX, OriginY
WinGetActiveStats, Title, WindowWidth, WindowHeight, WindowX, WindowY
SetTimer, DrawRectangle, 20
Return

^+LButton Up::
SetTimer, DrawRectangle, Off
FirstCall := True
Gui, Cancel
hBitmap := HBitmapFromScreen(X1,Y1,W1,H1)
pIRandomAccessStream := HBitmapToRandomAccessStream(hBitmap)
DllCall("DeleteObject", "Ptr", hBitmap)
text := ocr(pIRandomAccessStream, "en")
text :=  StrReplace(text, "`n", " ")
;text := RegExReplace(text, "^(.+?:\s)", "")

;MsgBox %text%

; Run the Python script with the text as a parameter
pythonPath := "C:\Users\deama\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\python.exe" ; Replace with the path to your Python executable
scriptPath := """D:\ahk scripts\OCR\python\1.py"""  ; Replace with the path to your python script to pass the text to
escapedText := StrReplace(text, """", """""")
paramText := """" . escapedText . """"
Run, % pythonPath . " " . scriptPath . " " . paramText,, Hide

Return

DrawRectangle:
MouseGetPos, X2, Y2
If (XO = X2) And (YO = Y2)
    Return
Gui, +LastFound
XO := X2, YO := Y2
If (X2 < OriginX)
    X1 := X2, X2 := OriginX
Else
    X1 := OriginX
If (Y2 < OriginY)
    Y1 := Y2, Y2 := OriginY
Else
    Y1 := OriginY
W1 := X2 - X1, H1 := Y2 - Y1
W2 := W1 - BW, H2 := H1 - BW
WinSet, Region, 0-0 %W1%-0 %W1%-%H1% 0-%H1% 0-0 %BW%-%BW% %W2%-%BW% %W2%-%H2% %BW%-%H2% %BW%-%BW%
If (FirstCall)
    {
    Gui, Show, NA x%X1% y%Y1% w%W1% h%H1%
    FirstCall := False
    }
WinMove, , , X1, Y1, W1, H1
Return

HBitmapFromScreen(X, Y, W, H) {
   HDC := DllCall("GetDC", "Ptr", 0, "UPtr")
   HBM := DllCall("CreateCompatibleBitmap", "Ptr", HDC, "Int", W, "Int", H, "UPtr")
   PDC := DllCall("CreateCompatibleDC", "Ptr", HDC, "UPtr")
   DllCall("SelectObject", "Ptr", PDC, "Ptr", HBM)
   DllCall("BitBlt", "Ptr", PDC, "Int", 0, "Int", 0, "Int", W, "Int", H
                   , "Ptr", HDC, "Int", X, "Int", Y, "UInt", 0x00CC0020)
   DllCall("DeleteDC", "Ptr", PDC)
   DllCall("ReleaseDC", "Ptr", 0, "Ptr", HDC)
   Return HBM
}

HBitmapToRandomAccessStream(hBitmap) {
   static IID_IRandomAccessStream := "{905A0FE1-BC53-11DF-8C49-001E4FC686DA}"
        , IID_IPicture            := "{7BF80980-BF32-101A-8BBB-00AA00300CAB}"
        , PICTYPE_BITMAP := 1
        , BSOS_DEFAULT   := 0

DllCall("Ole32\CreateStreamOnHGlobal", "Ptr", 0, "UInt", true, "PtrP", pIStream, "UInt")

VarSetCapacity(PICTDESC, sz := 8 + A_PtrSize*2, 0)
   NumPut(sz, PICTDESC)
   NumPut(PICTYPE_BITMAP, PICTDESC, 4)
   NumPut(hBitmap, PICTDESC, 8)
   riid := CLSIDFromString(IID_IPicture, GUID1)
   DllCall("OleAut32\OleCreatePictureIndirect", "Ptr", &PICTDESC, "Ptr", riid, "UInt", false, "PtrP", pIPicture, "UInt")
   ; IPicture::SaveAsFile
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(pIPicture+0) + A_PtrSize*15), "Ptr", pIPicture, "Ptr", pIStream, "UInt", true, "UIntP", size, "UInt")
   riid := CLSIDFromString(IID_IRandomAccessStream, GUID2)
   DllCall("ShCore\CreateRandomAccessStreamOverStream", "Ptr", pIStream, "UInt", BSOS_DEFAULT, "Ptr", riid, "PtrP", pIRandomAccessStream, "UInt")
   ObjRelease(pIPicture)
   ObjRelease(pIStream)
   Return pIRandomAccessStream
}

CLSIDFromString(IID, ByRef CLSID) {
   VarSetCapacity(CLSID, 16, 0)
   if res := DllCall("ole32\CLSIDFromString", "WStr", IID, "Ptr", &CLSID, "UInt")
      throw Exception("CLSIDFromString failed. Error: " . Format("{:#x}", res))
   Return &CLSID
}

ocr(file, lang := "FirstFromAvailableLanguages")
{
   static OcrEngineStatics, OcrEngine, MaxDimension, LanguageFactory, Language, CurrentLanguage, BitmapDecoderStatics, GlobalizationPreferencesStatics
   if (OcrEngineStatics = "")
   {
      CreateClass("Windows.Globalization.Language", ILanguageFactory := "{9B0252AC-0C27-44F8-B792-9793FB66C63E}", LanguageFactory)
      CreateClass("Windows.Graphics.Imaging.BitmapDecoder", IBitmapDecoderStatics := "{438CCB26-BCEF-4E95-BAD6-23A822E58D01}", BitmapDecoderStatics)
      CreateClass("Windows.Media.Ocr.OcrEngine", IOcrEngineStatics := "{5BFFA85A-3384-3540-9940-699120D428A8}", OcrEngineStatics)
      DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrEngineStatics+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrEngineStatics, "uint*", MaxDimension)   ; MaxImageDimension
   }
   if (file = "ShowAvailableLanguages")
   {
      if (GlobalizationPreferencesStatics = "")
         CreateClass("Windows.System.UserProfile.GlobalizationPreferences", IGlobalizationPreferencesStatics := "{01BF4326-ED37-4E96-B0E9-C1340D1EA158}", GlobalizationPreferencesStatics)
      DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(GlobalizationPreferencesStatics+0)+9*A_PtrSize), "ptr", GlobalizationPreferencesStatics, "ptr*", LanguageList)   ; get_Languages
      DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LanguageList+0)+7*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LanguageList, "int*", count)   ; count
      loop % count
      {
         DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LanguageList+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LanguageList, "int", A_Index-1, "ptr*", hString)   ; get_Item
         DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LanguageFactory+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LanguageFactory, "ptr", hString, "ptr*", LanguageTest)   ; CreateLanguage
         DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrEngineStatics+0)+8*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrEngineStatics, "ptr", LanguageTest, "int*", bool)   ; IsLanguageSupported
         if (bool = 1)
         {
            DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LanguageTest+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LanguageTest, "ptr*", hText)
            buffer := DllCall("Combase.dll\WindowsGetStringRawBuffer", "ptr", hText, "uint*", length, "ptr")
            text .= StrGet(buffer, "UTF-16") "`n"
         }
         ObjRelease(LanguageTest)
      }
      ObjRelease(LanguageList)
      return text
   }
   if (lang != CurrentLanguage) or (lang = "FirstFromAvailableLanguages")
   {
      if (OcrEngine != "")
      {
         ObjRelease(OcrEngine)
         if (CurrentLanguage != "FirstFromAvailableLanguages")
            ObjRelease(Language)
      }
      if (lang = "FirstFromAvailableLanguages")
         DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrEngineStatics+0)+10*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrEngineStatics, "ptr*", OcrEngine)   ; TryCreateFromUserProfileLanguages
      else
      {
         CreateHString(lang, hString)
         DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LanguageFactory+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LanguageFactory, "ptr", hString, "ptr*", Language)   ; CreateLanguage
         DeleteHString(hString)
         DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrEngineStatics+0)+9*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrEngineStatics, ptr, Language, "ptr*", OcrEngine)   ; TryCreateFromLanguage
      }
      if (OcrEngine = 0)
      {
         msgbox Can not use language "%lang%" for OCR, please install language pack.
         ExitApp
      }
      CurrentLanguage := lang
   }
   IRandomAccessStream := file
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(BitmapDecoderStatics+0)+14*A_PtrSize), "ptr", BitmapDecoderStatics, "ptr", IRandomAccessStream, "ptr*", BitmapDecoder)   ; CreateAsync
   WaitForAsync(BitmapDecoder)
   BitmapFrame := ComObjQuery(BitmapDecoder, IBitmapFrame := "{72A49A1C-8081-438D-91BC-94ECFC8185C6}")
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(BitmapFrame+0)+12*A_PtrSize), "ptr", BitmapFrame, "uint*", width)   ; get_PixelWidth
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(BitmapFrame+0)+13*A_PtrSize), "ptr", BitmapFrame, "uint*", height)   ; get_PixelHeight
   if (width > MaxDimension) or (height > MaxDimension)
   {
      msgbox Image is to big - %width%x%height%.`nIt should be maximum - %MaxDimension% pixels
      ExitApp
   }
   BitmapFrameWithSoftwareBitmap := ComObjQuery(BitmapDecoder, IBitmapFrameWithSoftwareBitmap := "{FE287C9A-420C-4963-87AD-691436E08383}")
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(BitmapFrameWithSoftwareBitmap+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", BitmapFrameWithSoftwareBitmap, "ptr*", SoftwareBitmap)   ; GetSoftwareBitmapAsync
   WaitForAsync(SoftwareBitmap)
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrEngine+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrEngine, ptr, SoftwareBitmap, "ptr*", OcrResult)   ; RecognizeAsync
   WaitForAsync(OcrResult)
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrResult+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrResult, "ptr*", LinesList)   ; get_Lines
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LinesList+0)+7*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LinesList, "int*", count)   ; count
   loop % count
   {
      DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(LinesList+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", LinesList, "int", A_Index-1, "ptr*", OcrLine)
      DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(OcrLine+0)+7*A_PtrSize), "ptr", OcrLine, "ptr*", hText)
      buffer := DllCall("Combase.dll\WindowsGetStringRawBuffer", "ptr", hText, "uint*", length, "ptr")
      text .= StrGet(buffer, "UTF-16") "`n"
      ObjRelease(OcrLine)
   }
   Close := ComObjQuery(IRandomAccessStream, IClosable := "{30D5A829-7FA4-4026-83BB-D75BAE4EA99E}")
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(Close+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", Close)   ; Close
   ObjRelease(Close)
   Close := ComObjQuery(SoftwareBitmap, IClosable := "{30D5A829-7FA4-4026-83BB-D75BAE4EA99E}")
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(Close+0)+6*A_PtrSize), "ptr", Close)   ; Close
   ObjRelease(Close)
   ObjRelease(IRandomAccessStream)
   ObjRelease(BitmapDecoder)
   ObjRelease(BitmapFrame)
   ObjRelease(BitmapFrameWithSoftwareBitmap)
   ObjRelease(SoftwareBitmap)
   ObjRelease(OcrResult)
   ObjRelease(LinesList)
   return text
}

CreateClass(string, interface, ByRef Class)
{
   CreateHString(string, hString)
   VarSetCapacity(GUID, 16)
   DllCall("ole32\CLSIDFromString", "wstr", interface, "ptr", &GUID)
   result := DllCall("Combase.dll\RoGetActivationFactory", "ptr", hString, "ptr", &GUID, "ptr*", Class)
   if (result != 0)
   {
      if (result = 0x80004002)
         msgbox No such interface supported
      else if (result = 0x80040154)
         msgbox Class not registered
      else
         msgbox error: %result%
      ExitApp
   }
   DeleteHString(hString)
}

CreateHString(string, ByRef hString)
{
    DllCall("Combase.dll\WindowsCreateString", "wstr", string, "uint", StrLen(string), "ptr*", hString)
}

DeleteHString(hString)
{
   DllCall("Combase.dll\WindowsDeleteString", "ptr", hString)
}

WaitForAsync(ByRef Object)
{
   AsyncInfo := ComObjQuery(Object, IAsyncInfo := "{00000036-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}")
   loop
   {
      DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(AsyncInfo+0)+7*A_PtrSize), "ptr", AsyncInfo, "uint*", status)   ; IAsyncInfo.Status
      if (status != 0)
      {
         if (status != 1)
         {
            DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(AsyncInfo+0)+8*A_PtrSize), "ptr", AsyncInfo, "uint*", ErrorCode)   ; IAsyncInfo.ErrorCode
            msgbox AsyncInfo status error: %ErrorCode%
            ExitApp
         }
         ObjRelease(AsyncInfo)
         break
      }
      sleep 10
   }
   DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(Object+0)+8*A_PtrSize), "ptr", Object, "ptr*", ObjectResult)   ; GetResults
   ObjRelease(Object)
   Object := ObjectResult
}

And here's an example of python script api call:
Code:
pip install elevenlabslib
pip install pyaudio
pip install pydub

import threading
from elevenlabslib import *
import sys

# Initialize the ElevenLabs API
api_key = "[API KEY]"
user = ElevenLabsUser(api_key)
voice = user.get_voices_by_name("Adam")[0]

# Audio generation options
playback_end_event = threading.Event()
playbackOptions = PlaybackOptions(runInBackground=True, onPlaybackEnd=playback_end_event.set)
generationOptions = GenerationOptions(model_id="eleven_english_v2", stability=0.5, similarity_boost=1.0, style=0.2, use_speaker_boost=True)

# Generate and play the audio
try:
    voice.generate_stream_audio_v2(sys.argv[1], playbackOptions, generationOptions)

#Wait for the audio to play to completion:
    playback_end_event.wait()

except Exception as e:
    print(f"An error occurred: {e}")

Sadly there was a nice future stream implementation, but for some reason it's broken now, it would have started much quicker, oh well.
The official python library is crap, the one I posted is the unnofficial one, the official one for some reason is way slower, even with streaming enabled?

Yeah the python libraries are kinda crappy, one of them works nicely but the streaming is broken, the other one works but has a massive latency for some reason. Maybe I'll try making a quick one myself.

EDIT: I've just updated the .py script, looks like the issue was with the library not updating correctly and I had to force upgrade it with pip.

Last edited:

4too

Arcane
DLC for COLONY of DECADENCE

If one considers the lurid alluring power of InXile’s RED BOOTS, bling is always the thing.

More HORSE ARMOR!

When sh-t k-cking, line dancing down lanes of dust covered road apples is not your fling,
perhaps the declining gravity of MOON BOOTS will not be too ‘waifu’.

Moar HOARSE AMORE!

For those inclined to go, ready to flip off, OVER the RAINBOW,
suggest an empowering macguffin of couture stature,
Dorthy’s RUBY SLIPPERS,
(double plus one for DEXTERITY)
always bats a ‘home run’.
with the appropriate complimentary companion,
a side kick, always willing to lift a leg in an act of ‘Natural’ free speech,

yes TOTO too!

Don’t DARE leave that money on the table!

4too

I subscribed to a Let’s Play YOUtoobe presenter, a delightful dry pun-ster, and I vote every month for coverage of COLONY SHIP! :salute:

4too 2

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I played last night and it's one of the few modern RPG's with an interesting setting, not a typical fantasy or complete fallout rip off. I don't particularly care for the music so far but maybe that will grow on me, I was hoping for synth stuff like a John Carpenter movie or Deus Ex. More to come hopefully, I know you are all dying for my opinion.

Jinn

Arcane
How long is this game?
Sounds like if you play it like a normal human being and not an autismo-bot, it ends up being about 20-25 hours. Of course we have certain specimens around here who're rushing through it in like 12-15 hours, which I still can't see how it's possible to do so on a first playthrough.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
also depends on if you go kill everything route or hippy skill check route

first playthrough with skill monkey should not take too long since you don't need to reload often but if you kill everything those encounters take time + reloads

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
I can't believe Fallout fans made a game where I can't initiate combat where I want and my team gets teleported into extremely bad combat positions for every fight.
Yes, tbh a bit of this. But also, ultimately, so that I can't attack and murder the first guy I meet, and the game would allow me to keep rolling with it. For me, it is one of the requirements for being Fallout-esque.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I can't believe Fallout fans made a game where I can't initiate combat where I want and my team gets teleported into extremely bad combat positions for every fight.
Yes, tbh a bit of this. But also, ultimately, so that I can't attack and murder the first guy I meet, and the game would allow me to keep rolling with it. For me, it is one of the requirements for being Fallout-esque.
What happend with you guys and Encased? Including pronouns and trannies and women in all positions of power wasn't enough for ESG to save you? BG3 figured out the trick: BEAR SEX! I'm almost sad how unceremonially Encased ended. Unfinished, mess and betrayal of original planned greatness, shadows of which can be still seen in Act 1. Almost sad, but I forgot how it's to be sad and do saddness. I'm just numb now to all shit that's happening

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Encased was a pioneer in WOKENESS! One of first cRPGs to include pronouns and 9000 genders. Before Starfield and BG3, before all RPGs released this year

I guess first patch will make Colony Ship one with the WOKE! Hivemind too

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Liberal Russians. I haven't met a single one in Belgrade whose wife I didn't fuck. With him licking ice-cream and watching. Comically weak, naive and thirsty for WOKE's love. With worldview straight out of parallel universe

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
What happend with you guys and Encased? Including pronouns and trannies and women in all positions of power wasn't enough for ESG to save you? BG3 figured out the trick: BEAR SEX! I'm almost sad how unceremonially Encased ended. Unfinished, mess and betrayal of original planned greatness, shadows of which can be still seen in Act 1. Almost sad, but I forgot how it's to be sad and do saddness. I'm just numb now to all shit that's happening
Various things. I suppose it is suited for another thread.
Edit: Oh wait, I've seen other replies now. I should not bother replying.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Edit: Oh wait, I've seen other replies now. I should not bother replying.
Indeed you should not. You have proven your managerial, artist, programming and business skills with Encased. First game: sucks ESG cock, blatently unfinished, kills studio. Poetic

Maybe if you lvl-up your cock sucking skill, Papa Blackrock gives new chance, eh

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
99% of modern Game Devs deserve to drown in shit. Used to respect you greatly. Then again, also used to post Todd Howard memes

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
First impression roughly after 30 minutes of playing:
-dreadful music
-lots of exposition at the beginning[the game starts like a CYOA book] and characters we can't even know and see, hopefully the game will pick up the pace so you don't forget about it until you meet these characters and places
-UI could do some work, like lack of stat comparison for things you buy, let say armor, you need to exit the trader remember the values and then go back to trader wares, the dialog UI is kinda unwieldy to read on the corner especially if you have bigger screen
-dialogs and description are very verbose with dry undertone and i just skim them over to find the essence of whats being told
-game feels sanitized so far
-graphics are good for non AAA RPG
-no disengagement mechanics in combat? I could just step back one tile and shoot enemy
-skills works like AoD, meaning hard pass or no
-DR mechanic for armor which is always a plus

So far it's a decent 6+ or 7/10.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Agree.
What's worse, the author has an extremely idealistic voice, while trying to do sci-fi and to represent a materialistic point of view of one of the fractions, which falls flat on its face. The author shouldn't have tried, but he fell in love with his own writing and accepts no criticism.

I haven't played since the EA days, but I doubt anything's changed. Maybe I'll play the full version and do a write-up on the failure of creating realistic sociodynamics. It was extremely disappointing in a game where the worldbuilding is built on top of sociodynamics and a sort of closed loop economy. Economy which the author had no understanding of. Every portion of the world building that I saw made me wince.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom