Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game; Iron Tower Studio

We proudly present Colony Ship and invite you on a dystopian adventure of a (very short) lifetime.

Seven years in the making, Colony Ship is our third game and a second full-scale RPG that emphasizes choices and different ways to play. We hope you will enjoy the game (if in doubt, try the demo first) and we look forward to your feedback.

We’d like to thank the Early Access players who supported us and helped us make a much better game. We wouldn't have made it that far without you.​

https://store.steampowered.com/app/648410/Colony_Ship_A_PostEarth_Role_Playing_Game/
https://af.gog.com/en/game/colony_ship_a_postearth_role_playing_game?as=1649904300

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Seven years in the making

450px-The_What_.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm happy for the Iron Tower and all, congratulations on another release. But as a player, to me it's an extremely verbose game. I'll give it another try. But I'll likely drop it. And then wait for the game to become moddable + for ChatGPT to be able to shorten text precisely as instructed, then mod it and play as it should be played, with 90% of the text thrown out.

It's really unfortunate that it takes its name from Fallout 1, yet doesn't respect its basics. If you play Fallout 1 you'll note that all dialogues are extremely to the point. And no descriptions, because DUH, the graphics describe it all. And when graphics aren't enough, talking heads finish the job.

Sòren

Arcane
great game. recommended.

just saying that because some lurking retards might pay a little bit of attention in between their self pleasure practices. but it is great. truly.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I'm happy for the Iron Tower and all, congratulations on another release. But as a player, to me it's an extremely verbose game. I'll give it another try. But I'll likely drop it. And then wait for the game to become moddable + for ChatGPT to be able to shorten text precisely as instructed, then mod it and play as it should be played, with 90% of the text thrown out.

It's really unfortunate that it takes its name from Fallout 1, yet doesn't respect its basics. If you play Fallout 1 you'll note that all dialogues are extremely to the point. And no descriptions, because DUH, the graphics describe it all. And when graphics aren't enough, talking heads finish the job.

Nah, we've had enough of these "too many words" kind of critiques. Needs to be a 180 at this point. The game requires some of your attention with the reading, just fucking put in the effort. I don't accept "extremely verbose" as a serious point on the writing, it just indicates that you're fucking tired and need a little boo-boo massage or whatever. Do you know how many people go on about books being too verbose because they're, in fact, too fucking lazy to read them? Fuck that. Extensive writing doesn't mean bad writing. It doesn't mean good writing either by all means, but the point is too formal.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Nah, we've had enough of these "too many words" kind of critiques. Needs to be a 180 at this point. The game requires some of your attention with the reading, just fucking put in the effort. I don't accept "extremely verbose" as a serious point on the writing, it just indicates that you're fucking tired and need a little boo-boo massage or whatever. Do you know how many people go on about books being too verbose because they're, in fact, too fucking lazy to read them? Fuck that. Extensive writing doesn't mean bad writing. It doesn't mean good writing either by all means, but the point is too formal.
So you refuse the idea that there's a sweet point in there somewhere, and that the number of words doesn't matter? That the same joke can be as funny when told in 20 words, as well as 20'000 words?

Or if you insist that the sweet point is somewhere in the whereabouts or even above PoE and Colony Ship, you're in an overwhelming minority. There's a pace most (sane) people find comfortable, that's Fallout 1's pace. Fallout 2 was already more verbose (to its detriment), but it didn't stand out yet. From that point on, games just kept getting wordier and wordier until it became untenable.

Imagine your DM started presenting every irrelevant NPC as a 5 minute monologue. That's what it's about, not about some disingenuous argument of being lazy to read. You probably find this post snoozy already, by the way, so just stop. You're jumping to the game's defense for some emotional reason - it's a codex darling, it's an indie underdog, or whatever other misguided reason.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
“Extensive writing doesn't mean bad writing. It doesn't mean good writing either by all means.”

Agreed.

Congratulations, ITS. Interesting year for crpgs. Strong contender for GOTY, right here.

PS: The first weeks are important for establishing a gaming studio's commercial success, so if you want Iron Tower Studio to stay in business, consider buying Colony Ship ASAP.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Is it full version or is there a roadmap for future content?

This is the full version of the game. Here are the post release plans according to this official steam post dated October 24th

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410/view/3713839713530872308

Post-release Plans:

We'll support (read 'improve') the game for 6 months after release, before transitioning to the tentative sequel or out of business (if the game doesn't sell enough to pay for said sequel). So if it's our last game, we'd like to make it as memorable as possible for people who like our design. If we stay in business, all the more reasons to do the same.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So the long-time Codex darling finally makes its entrance.
Codex darling? Judging by the enthusiasm in the release thread and here, it seems hardly a contender.

But you are probably right, there will be a great deal of outrage by people who haven't even played the game.

Business as usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom