Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Released

Phinx

Augur
Sweet, I've had enough of playing "masterpieces" with pronouns, being pushed by reviewers with their mouth wide open thumbnails ready to receive limp soy penises.

I'll give it a spin.

Last edited:

Monolith

Prophet
Great news! Waiting for the promo to end so I can buy it full price - and probably a couple of more months of bugfixing. Coming off a Stasis playthrough helps. Enough of lost ships in space kind of settings for now.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Loved Age of Decadence so was easy buy for me.

It's in the backlog for now as gotta beat current set of games i'm on but should be getting around to it in a month or so, maybe the bioware romance DLC will be released then?

:desu:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am in the first area. This game is so ... quiet

Ambiental sounds are way more important than music in a game. This is what brings a game to life.

Also no sound feedback in the UI.

It has the same problem their last game had.

janior

Arcane
Patron
That thread was started in April 2021, and it references Baldur's Gate 2 (and three other Bioware games or series of games), which merely reinforces a point that can never be repeated too often: Bioware is, and has always been, decline. :M
decline compared to what? goldbox heal light wounds simulator? Gimmie me a break moshe...

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I spent a good while fiddling around in the character creator to get the stats and picks just right for what I want, but forgot to give him a proper name of my own invention, and it turns out he's called fucking "Shadrach" lol.

I hope I can find companions called "Meshach" and "Abednego", otherwise I want my money back :)

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
The trailer is too goddamn fast. You can either read the text, or see the visuals on the screen. You can't do both. This would have been much better with a voiceover instead of text.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
1XcVsoH.png

I love these things

Drowed

Arcane
I am in the middle of replaying Underrail because of the new expansion, obviously. But I bought Colony Ship years ago, so it's definitely next on my list! The good thing is that by then, any possible remaining bugs should have been squashed.

I really and honestly hope that the game performs well enough for VD to continue creating games. Age of Decadence is one of my favorite RPGs, and I have no doubt that Colony Ship will climb that ladder to a very high position based on what I've already seen of the game when I tested it years ago.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
There should be a supporter DLC for 20 bucks. If your audience is small, let them support you. No shame in that. Battle Brothers did it and they did not really need it.

raeven

Educated
Yet another cameraman simulator with disgusting 3d graphics, fuck.
And codexers are fapping to this 3d abomination yet again. You deserve all the shit you get from modern developers.
It's fixed camera.

You're right, it is, but despite that, the game looks like it might have some promise.

If it sells well, maybe their next release will have a modern fully rotatable camera. Fixed perspective is already borderline inexcusable for a game released in 2023.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
can anyone explain me why is this blocked?
The sidestep shooting, you may encounter in e.g. XCom, may not be as robust in this implementation or simply does not exist. Otherwise, my guess would be this is because your character is standing behind the shelve that is higher than the character itself.

raeven

Educated
Been looking forward to this game and bought it yesterday, although I admit age of decadence wasn't completely to my taste for whatever reason. Maybe I just didn't play it enough. I played the demo awhile ago but it was definitely rough around the edges still. Hopefully the game is polished up by now.

How are folks here enjoying the full release?

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I am having a very good time, probably more than i should because it can suck a lot of my time.
The game so far has been much easier than Age of Decadence, and i don't say this in a bad way, but it means that i feel like i am advancing the plot with a good pace because i don't have to reload as often.

I also find myself storing armor pieces that i am no longer, using because they have a low armor penalty, and i might need to wear it again to offset a new and better piece of armor but with a harsher penalty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom