Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chrono Trigger fanboys really are a different breed of cunt

Casual Hero

Augur
Nobody should have tried bringing up Final Fantasy to talk about good bosses. I love FF 5 in particular, but FF games don't even let you use half of your spells against the bosses. They're always immune to every status effect, so it just becomes a matter of dealing a lot of damage in-between healing your own party members.

DQ actually does have great bosses, and I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned DQ 6 when talking about really good combat-based (real) RPGs.

Latro

Arcane
CT "fanboys" are just this guy.

iu

It's not that they feel compelled to preach the gospel of Chrono Trigger wherever they go. It's that they've barely played any RPGs, and only the ones recommended to them by gaming journalists. These faggots wouldn't even be able to make it out of the Mortuary if they bothered to play Planescape, and they've never heard of Suikoden or Lufia. They don't want anything resembling difficult gameplay, so Chrono Trigger is perfect for them.
aren’t the suikodens notorious for being too easy? I think the most insultingly easy rpg I’ve ever played was bahamut lagoon

Butter

Arcane
Patron
CT "fanboys" are just this guy.

iu

It's not that they feel compelled to preach the gospel of Chrono Trigger wherever they go. It's that they've barely played any RPGs, and only the ones recommended to them by gaming journalists. These faggots wouldn't even be able to make it out of the Mortuary if they bothered to play Planescape, and they've never heard of Suikoden or Lufia. They don't want anything resembling difficult gameplay, so Chrono Trigger is perfect for them.
aren’t the suikodens notorious for being too easy? I think the most insultingly easy rpg I’ve ever played was bahamut lagoon
IDK, I'm not going to pretend to be a JRPG expert. I meant that they're slightly more obscure than FF, so the average soy-guzzler doesn't know about them.

I actually like Chrono Trigger for what it is, but it's hardly the pinnacle of the genre. It's a cute game to ease kids into RPGs and it has nice music and graphics. Adults probably won't get much out of it besides a nostalgia trip.

Ash

Arcane
Also I was playing it during commutes without headphones so no music
Why even bother? The OST is one of the highlights that ties the whole thing together. Also Lufia 2 is a character driven storyfag game, no ways around it, which is fine because it's a jRPG, that's what they are supposed to do.
According to whom? I've played a lot of gameplayfag JRPGs, and also suffered through a lot of storyfag non-game JRPGs thanks to recommendations by dullards like you.

It's the same for WRPGs too. There's a crap ton of real RPGs, then a crap ton of storyfag ones that idiots parade as amazing due to pseudo-intellectualism or lack of exposure to better RPGs, or otherwise because it gives you some notable level of influence over the story in the absence of absolutely everything else (e.g Bioware trash).

Also you could have a princess properly tied up in cute way to be slowly lowered to flame and screeching when main character was too slow to finish the contest in time. 10 attempts later I found there is a dash button. But she looks really cute when she's... And you can try to have 10+ cats as optional story. Doing 10+ cat ending on New Game+ is actually nice, and feel like correct ending to Chrono Trigger.

Thanks for the fascinating insights into the mind of the average Chrono Trigger enjoyer. It really helps explain a lot.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Chrono Trigger is basically like FF7, only thing it lacks to that game are some juicy animations (and regarding the lengthy summoning animations there, this isn't necessarily a bad thing), basically if you liked FF7 there is no objectively solid argument that you won't like Chrono Trigger
Jesus Christ why must there be so many dumb people on this earth? As games they are completely worlds apart for fuck sake. FF7 has actual level design, which alone makes it twice the game CT is, but it also has RPG character development systems beyond equipping the latest equipment with zero thought, like 20 freaking sub-games all of which offer rewards for playing well (CT has one terrible mini-game and no reward), many puzzle elements, combat with significantly more complexity. Combat difficulty is the only real way in which they share declined tendencies gameplay-wise, yet even bests CT there with optional encounters spread throughout the game that will test you, as well as some main story bosses that will catch you off guard if not grinding. Oh, it also has like double the game length too.

Let me give you tards some further free education in gameplay, this time the topic will be level design.

What's this, oh look a maze:

FFVII-00733-Temple-Ancients-Mind-Source.png

In the very next screen, a timing challenge:

JnySIRQASamEVVxzX_WF_tnzufJewsZbAPvx1IjKw0H3bZfy9cnsOl2cnMFXq5THFBgR1D8m8YWBsJc=s0-d

In the immediate next, a pretty cool puzzle:

R.c8352fa71471aba4085bed5143c58185

In the screen after that, another puzzle:

R.8a17a644cfc7bd938d99d747d2863684

Even finding the temple itself is a navigation test, requiring you to find some random unmarked house with loose directions for the key, then find the temple itself again with loose direction. Navigation and exploration is never a factor in CT. Completely linear.

Finally, it ends in a boss that is pretty tough if you haven't been grinding and thorough with character building, finding items etc. I actually got stuck on the Evil Wall boss as an inexperienced kid. Pretty impossible for that to happen in CT.

Dumb cunts. OP's title is sadly very accurate.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Astute observation.

Dumb decline-enablers are very triggering.

Oh and this goes for my slightly evolved boy @falski too, who also compared FF7 to CT in another thread presenting them as equivalents, and also took multiple playthroughs, extended analysis and connecting the dots to realize CT is trash. LOL. But at least he actually evolved, eventually.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
FF7 (and 8) have functionally no equipment, as the only relevant thing is your magic, which is interchangable on every character whenever you want, making them little more than cosmetics aside from the limit breaks. I mean, honestly, every character in FF8 might as well be an ugly ass hat worn on top of a blank slate. Do they even have different base stats? Certainly not enough to matter. Also, Triple Triad was literal AIDS as soon as you got to a town with a shitty rule and it infected the entire world.

CT might not let you permanently change character stats (except it does, lol, and it's massively impactful for speed) but the differences between the characters themselves make combat play out very differently. You've got to decide whether you want to have access to powerful healing magic, buffs, various elements, and so forth. You can't just slap whatever is good onto current character with zero regard for who they are. Armour actually matters because it does shit like make you immune to particular types of magic or grants buffs, vs FF7 where you literally just want the most linked slots all game long, or FF8 where equipment is literally a strict upgrade you can't even undo. CT also has plenty of terrible minigames, thank you very much, like the speeder bike race, drinking mini games, and the stealth sections which are still somehow better than FF7''s. FF7's combat complexity is entirely theoretical, because in reality, you can easily beat the game by spamming potions and limit breaks.

I bet you hate BoF3 as well. What kind of paint drinking neanderthal thinks FF8 has good gameplay mechanics, RPG or otherwise? There's not a single thing about FF8 I wouldn't happily replace with something else from another, older game. Replace with literally nothing in many cases.

They're always immune to every status effect
To be fair, they're always immune to every status effect except one. Obviously, trying all 30 status effects on them to find one that sticks instead of killing them in 5 attacks is pointless, but apparently that adds a lot of 'combat complexity.'

Ash

Arcane
I bet you hate BoF3 as well. What kind of paint drinking neanderthal thinks FF8 has good gameplay mechanics, RPG or otherwise? There's not a single thing about FF8 I wouldn't happily replace with something else from another, older game. Replace with literally nothing in many cases.
I'm giving you one more post.

I've only played one BoF game and it sucked even more than CT. But it was on the gameboy advance, and I have no idea how it compares to the other BoF entries. It was endless barebones easy retarded combat like CT, but at least CT had some form of artistic soul and effort elsewhere (aesthetics, music, storytelling). My BoF encounter was perhaps one of the blandest gaming experiences imaginable, but it could have just been the black sheep of the series IDK.

FF8 gameplay: has pretty good level design at times, triple triad is great and feeds back to the combat and character growth, the RPG systems while unbalanced are rather complex, unique and interesting. There's tons of interesting miscellaneous gameplay like the Seed test, which is an engaging way to teach you the rules of the game. Exploration and navigation is always somewhat relevant, it's not an endless corridor with text like many shitty JRPGs. Storyfag sections often play out like puzzles required to progress, else at least throw an interesting choice your way from time to time. Yes, FF8 is quite good in regards to gameplay, despite its major issues in combat. Unfortunately you are mentally defect and cant evaluate gameplay beyond boss encounters or combat balance, as if nothing else exists when in reality combat is like 40% of the overall gameplay content, and bosses 4%.

Last edited:

Beans00

Augur
Why are people even commenting on square's games if difficulty is any type of barometer? These games are literally designed for little kids like aged 7-13.

Is 'FF7 is harder then CT' really something to argue about? Both games are literally made to be beaten by 3rd graders.

JDR13

Arcane
FF8 has pretty good level design at times, triple triad is great and feeds back to the combat and character growth, the RPG systems while unbalanced are rather complex, unique and interesting. There's tons of interesting miscellaneous gameplay like the Seed test, which is an engaging way to teach you the rules of the game. Exploration and navigation is always somewhat relevant, it's not an endless corridor with text like many shitty JRPGs. Storyfag sections often play out like puzzles required to progress, else at least throw an interesting choice your way from time to time. Yes, FF8 is quite good in regards to gameplay, despite its major issues in combat. Unfortunately you are mentally defect and cant evaluate gameplay beyond boss encounters or combat balance, as if nothing else exists when in reality combat is like 40% of the overall gameplay content, and bosses 4%.

:what:

Damned Registrations

My memories of FF8 are not kind when it comes to level design. The train (fucking FF train levels can all go to hell) is linear and boring as fuck. The assassination episode, again, linear and boring as fuck. All the Laguna scenes, linear and incredibly boring as fuck. I certainly can't think of anywhere with a level design I enjoyed, and exploration in FF8 is pointless unless it gives you a GF, because everything in that game except GFs is pointless. Money? Useless. Potions? Useless. Equipment? Doesn't exist. Draw sources? Pointless because enemies give infinite draws. Cards would have been interesting if it didn't require 30 years to unfuck the game so it's actually enjoyable. I'll admit TT was good stuff until you meet the first asshole with RANDOM or whatever fuckhead rule that ruins it forever.

FF7 at least had unique materia hanging around that was fun to experiment with as a decent reward.

Boss encounters are the standard I use for combat because trash encounters are pointless in any game made in the 90's onward. Attrition is something only grognards like me appreciate as a mechanic, and FF hasn't had it since like, the NES era. FF8 gives you Enc-None like 10% of the way into the game and there's really no reason to ever take it off aside from idle curiosity. Random encounters in that game are literally detrimental to the strength of your party, and are also incredibly tedious because of the obsession that era of games had with panning around every battlefield like it's the fucking greatest work of art ever created.

And yeah, BoF 1 and 2 (3 was only on the PSX, it has some unique systems and was just generally a massive leap forward in all ways) are like the absolute bare bones boilerplate examples of a jrpg. I'd still rather play 2 than FF8 though. Even mindlessly mashing through trash encounters for hours is preferable to sitting through fucking Irvine's scenes again.

Ash

Arcane
Boss encounters are the standard I use for combat because trash encounters are pointless in any game made in the 90's onward. Attrition is something only grognards like me appreciate as a mechanic, and FF hasn't had it since like, the NES era.
I also care about attrition. FF5 has it, particularly in the first half. The others have it to some degree, e.g running out of MP mid-dungeon can become problematic, you have to start spamming potions and have some of your abilities removed, so at least it still exists in some form, but yes it's absolutely not the same as FF1 for instance and tents are a little too cheap and make the concept redundant, but only if there is a save point nearby which is certainly not always the case. Romhacks help greatly here.

Also want to say FF8 ultimacea's castle is one of the greatest final dungeons in RPGs...but only w/ romhack as vanilla it's just far too easy. It's very non-linear, all your abilities are removed at the start and you get to choose which types are returned to you after each boss defeat (there's like 20) one by one, so it is a struggle and strategy as to which ones to unlock first, as well as a true test of your understanding of the game's systems, there's tons of puzzle elements, it's huge, great aesthetics. Sadly it just cannot be appreciated vanilla because by this point you are an OP god, but it's extremely impressive with the hack I linked.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
My memories of FF8 are not kind when it comes to level design.

the train isn't even level design silly. At no point are you given free reign of movement. it's an interactive cutscene essentially. This is a story segment/cutscene with gameplay intertwined, as is standard for Final Fantasy. a puzzle and timing challenge, specifically. It's also over really, really quickly, a very short segment of the game. Unless you suck and keep fucking it up, as is likely in your case I'd imagine.

The actual train levels of FF, such as FF6 ghost train, while literally on rails, still present far more gameplay content than CT. There's numerous puzzles and traps on the ghost train, how to progress forward isn't quite clear at times (an obscured path and some back and forth lever pulling). There's a ghost NPC you can optionally recruit, though it isn't obvious and just forced on you in a cutscene like CT. It isn't much, yet even FF at its weakest is still putting in effort, unlike CT.

When analysing level design, you look more to dungeon design, the overworld, and towns, not story segments where movement is disabled. It's mostly adequate at worst, and some of it is quite impressive (Lunatic Pandora, Galbadia Garden invasion, Ultimacias castle). A few bits are linear and a little boring but that's acceptable since it's just here and there, and it can be argued they have their place for pacing. It's key that the entire game isn't like that, as in CT's case. Furthermore even the linear bits have things like hidden draw points, puzzles once more, NPCs that it may be beneficial to talk to etc.

It is really quite shocking how can people be so stupid as to sit through a 90s FF and CT, then claim they're the same thing. FF has multi-genre, multi-layered gameplay as is standard for RPGs. CT is 97% combat only. Yet even comparing combat only FF comes out on top by a longshot. You're literally braindead morons.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

FF8's final dungeon I'll grant you, that was an excellent concept. Shame it wasn't done as like, an optional thing accessible at the start of disc 2 or something instead. Because yeah by that point, especially if you've got a hardon for exploration or have a guide, you're untouchable even when blindfolded and hog tied. I've beaten the game twice and seen it referenced recently in a challenge run and STILL forgot it even existed. I suspect I skipped half of it and just ended the game as soon as I unlocked magic and limit breaks or something, because I was definitely only playing to be done with the thing by then.

FF5 only has attrition if you forget you can just swap classes and spam cure with your fighter. It's admittedly tedious, but it completely removes the last shred of concern in that regard. You also get access to MP drain very early. Again, tedious, but effective. FF5 would benefit immensely from a balance overhaul hack. Make hunters, thieves, lancers, berserkers, geomancers and so on actually fill some sort of niche, nerf the ever loving fuck out of classes like chemist, bard, samurai, dancer and summoner, remove a bunch of save points right before bosses and fix various bugs.

It's key that the entire game isn't like that, as in CT's case.
Have you, in fact, actually played CT? The game has a ton of side content after you get the Epoch and is filled with hidden items and stuff, basically on par with FF6. And even before then it has dungeons with multiple routes, puzzles, and so forth. It honestly baffles me you think this lands in favour of a game like FF8 unless you never even reached Spekio. I think the only point I was happy with having options in FF8 was when I found the dungeon for the earth GF. And then I think it ended up being mandatory anyways or something and I had to backtrack there. Like, I can't even remember having meaningful free range of movement in FF8. I know it happens at some point, you get an airship and can fly around to dick with cards and find Doomtrain or whatever, but I legit cannot even remember when that happens. I recall being completely railroaded from Ifrit, to Siren, to Carbuncle, and that awful prison/missile silo level. And every single segment with Laguna, which was pure torture.

Ash

Arcane
Have you, in fact, actually played CT? The game has a ton of side content after you get the Epoch and is filled with hidden items and stuff, basically on par with FF6. And even before then it has dungeons with multiple routes, puzzles, and so forth. It honestly baffles me you think this lands in favour of a game like FF8 unless you never even reached Spekio. I think the only point I was happy with having options in FF8 was when I found the dungeon for the earth GF. And then I think it ended up being mandatory anyways or something and I had to backtrack there. Like, I can't even remember having meaningful free range of movement in FF8. I know it happens at some point, you get an airship and can fly around to dick with cards and find Doomtrain or whatever, but I legit cannot even remember when that happens. I recall being completely railroaded from Ifrit, to Siren, to Carbuncle, and that awful prison/missile silo level. And every single segment with Laguna, which was pure torture.

Can we not compare 8 to CT? 8 is absolutely leagues ahead but arguably the worst example of 90s FF.

Claiming CT has actual level design, puzzles etc is absolutely fake news. You get maybe one bit of non-combat gameplay that pops up every 5 or so hours. Dungeons are largely 100% linear and non-interactive, maybe one path that branches per dungeon and just loops back to the other path anyway, and has almost no differences between them except a different shitty encounter. At best, the only thing it has in its favor that resembles level design and using your brain is trying to avoid enemies' line of sight in an attempt to minimize the amount of braindead combat, but it's often a crapshoot and I remember almost all of them being forced encounters anyway. That was one of the biggest things that pissed me off about it, that the level design is such a non-factor.

FF8 is not completely railroaded, you just played it that way. If you go off wandering on the overworld there is typically hidden results to be found. Dungeon design almost always has at least some level of complexity and content (though a small handful of duds, sure), unlike CT, but again though, it's not exactly the finest example of FF yet far superior to CT.

Last edited:

---

Arcane
I'm asking that too. Because I remember very well another topic, years ago, in which Ash compared the first forest in Chrono Trigger (an early level) to the Magitek Factory in FFVI (an advanced level) to demonstrate that CT level design is shit; when it would have been fairer to take, for example, the Dino Lair in CT (another advanced level). So I'm really asking if he passed the first few hours.

Not that the level design of CT is comparable to, I don't know, the one of Zelda games (top notch); but I don't understand why he hates it so much, because it's perfectly on par with the (not particularly brilliant) design of pretty much every other SNES jrpg.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I think you guys suffer from "Veteran's Amnesia" to a point.

My wife played FF8 and somewhere around disc 2 she got stuck so bad I dare say she's in an unwinnable spot. The game just rolled her bad. She actually was relying on GF spam but it doesn't keep up with the enemies and eventually your GFs drop dead in 2 hits, and you're really fucked. But she just doesn't have the spells or stats to survive either, every enemy is like a mini boss, and the game is so on rails she can't go back to any easier areas. It may be one of the harder FFs. It's an easy game if you know the systems inside and out but that's true of anything.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
FF VIII had level scaling. Yea, some stuff became REALLY nasty at high levels. I think you CAN go back, it's bit tricky route but it should be doable. Also Ultima is on one island's drawing posts.

Ash

Arcane
Chrono Trigger - Heckran Cave (1000 AD) Super Nintendo SNES Map
Chrono Trigger - Cathedral (600 AD) Super Nintendo SNES Map
Chrono Trigger - Denadoro Mts (600 AD) Super Nintendo SNES Map

Chrono Trigger - Blackbird Flying (12,000 BC) Super Nintendo SNES Map
FinalFantasy2Map010Antlion.png
Final Fantasy II 2 (IV 4) - Mt. Hobs Super Nintendo SNES Map

Final Fantasy II 2 (IV 4) - Tower of Zot Super Nintendo SNES Map

Consider my opinion not changed.
It's appropriate you post this, as I absolutely hate FF4 also and consider it equivalent to CT; also a non-game. I've trashed it many times on this board. When I say 90s FF, I am referring to 5-9, and excluding 4. Though 9 is kind of cheating as that came out in 2000.

4 couldn't be any further removed from the genius that came after, and even a lot of the value from before. It's the worst of the square era games, worse than even 1-3 (which I also do not think highly of at all, but I at least respect that they are gameplay-centric, they're just not particularly good in that endeavor). FF4 is also bullshit dumb repetitive combat and little else, though many of the bosses can be tough and are at least better than what you get in CT. Ultimately a game with little concern for gameplay though. By the time I got to the moon, I orbited it for like 10 minutes straight in search of content, in complete disbelief that there was fuck all. This is not Final Fantasy, said 15 y/o me. Even FF1 had more significant overworld content and level design. If I recall I quit the game there in disgust, after having spent some 25 hours or so (something like that) waiting for the game to actually begin, which it never does.

It's really very retarded that so many of you see no difference in gameplay between the games discussed, when the difference is astonishingly huge.

I think you guys suffer from "Veteran's Amnesia" to a point.

My wife played FF8 and somewhere around disc 2 she got stuck so bad I dare say she's in an unwinnable spot. The game just rolled her bad. She actually was relying on GF spam but it doesn't keep up with the enemies and eventually your GFs drop dead in 2 hits, and you're really fucked. But she just doesn't have the spells or stats to survive either, every enemy is like a mini boss, and the game is so on rails she can't go back to any easier areas. It may be one of the harder FFs. It's an easy game if you know the systems inside and out but that's true of anything.

Yup. The games require understanding the systems to dominate in combat. elemental and status effects, formation, actually building your party intelligently and optimizing growth, being a dirty thief (steal) every boss, obtaining items via exploration/mini-games etc, equipping the correct stuff, not choosing the shit characters to be in your party. if you do that + a little grinding for good measure it's mostly smooth sailing outside of a few of the hidden encounters. If you don't it can actually be rough.
Still, they absolutely should have had hard modes available. the rom hacks are an absolute godsend for returning as a vet.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

It may be one of the harder FFs.
Nah, she just fell for the level scaling trap. If you sit around and grind fights instead of drawing magic, you effectively get weaker and weaker. If you just press forward and keep grabbing the really obvious GFs, the game is honestly really easy.

There really aren't a lot of systems to master. Draw 100 of a high level magic > stick it in the slot it belongs. Win. There's no growth to optimize, no equipment to arrange, and no items worth exploring for. Items do absolutely retarded useless shit like unlock a limit break that is worse than the starting ones. Equipment is literally just a linear weapon upgrade that does nothing except a completely trivial boost to strength. FF8 is a game that has a lot of moving parts, but pretty much all of those parts are entirely for show and don't actually amount to anything at all. It's a game that wastes your time by pretending you should explore it, which is why I hate it most of all.

Ash

Arcane
It may be one of the harder FFs.
Nah, she just fell for the level scaling trap. If you sit around and grind fights instead of drawing magic, you effectively get weaker and weaker. If you just press forward and keep grabbing the really obvious GFs, the game is honestly really easy.

There really aren't a lot of systems to master. Draw 100 of a high level magic > stick it in the slot it belongs. Win. There's no growth to optimize, no equipment to arrange, and no items worth exploring for. Items do absolutely retarded useless shit like unlock a limit break that is worse than the starting ones. Equipment is literally just a linear weapon upgrade that does nothing except a completely trivial boost to strength. FF8 is a game that has a lot of moving parts, but pretty much all of those parts are entirely for show and don't actually amount to anything at all. It's a game that wastes your time by pretending you should explore it, which is why I hate it most of all.
Since I apparently never get tired of hanging out with dummies (nah seriously I just love talking about vidja):

There are many ways to optimize growth and build the best party.

Drawing, yes. Though if you're drawing 100 every time you're playing wrong when there is refine abilities to take out the pointless grind.
Choosing the optimal learning ability path through each individual GF's upgrade tree. Some abilities, like Doom, should be forgone in favor of something like Status-Jx2.
Grinding high AP enemies (decline!).
Correct assignment of GF junctioning to characters to reduce overlap between GF abilities.
Obtaining optional GFs at the earliest available opportunity so you can benefit from them better. Attempting to use the magic lamp as soon as you get it results in a tough battle that no exploits apply to.
Customising your GF by erasing lesser abilities (e.g not every single GF needs draw/item/magic command) and teaching them new ones (ability x4)
Trying your best to assign the same GFs to the same characters throughout the length of the game to increase compatibility/affinity (summoning prep speed). Not really important or feasible enough to do unless you read a strategy guide/look up all the abilities prior as GF ability sets far overrule this. Still, it's fun trying without looking up any guide for cucks.
Playing triple triad to refine cards into high value items, which then are to be refined into other items, GF abilities or magic.

And much more!

Your dishonest description is perhaps adequate to get you far, maybe, but definitely not to beat optional super bosses for sure. Romhacks once again are required for all this to become truly compelling, but again, even vanilla this stuff was interesting to play with, and to some degree required to do the super bosses.

Grauken said:
People who can't enjoy Chrono Trigger are kind of dead inside. I pity you
People who can have no standards. The level of engagement and enjoyment I get from playing far superior games is almost euphoric. Peak entertainment. Arguably better than sex and extreme sports. Why would I want any less than that? Playing worthless braindead trash like CT makes me feel dead inside. I will lower my standards for stuff that is mildly engaging, but CT is not engaging at all. It's an exercise in tedium. The "gameplay" is a complete waste of time. The other elements have value, but gameplay makes up at least half the playtime (many hours). No thanks. I will retain my monocle sir.

If I really wanted a cute story, I'd just watch a cartoon, anime, read a children's book, watch disney movie or something. 30 MINS-1.5 HOURS OF MY TIME with no fluff, not endless walking down coridoors and retard-tier combat. the hell is wrong with you? Even as a kid I'd have filtered this trash out as zero substance.
Interestingly enough, DBZ (whose artists were involved with CT) is also retard-tier media that pales in comparison to numerous far superior animated media. Even myself as a kid could identify this. Some people never do. I was lucky and stumbled into the good shit I guess. It was an absolute privilege to grow up with unlimited access to the vast quantities of media I did.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom