Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chrono Trigger fanboys really are a different breed of cunt

Ash

Arcane
I liked the frog too, his character design, theme song, story, all good. Doesn't save the game from absolute mind-numbing gameplay for retards though. Cut out all the hours of braindead battles and walking around to make this media qualify as monocled; this should have been a cartoon. As it stands it is worthless shit for drooling low standards dumbfucks.

Even the "it's for children!" angle doesn't apply. Yeah, made for dumb kids destined to be dumb adults. Almost all Japanese 90s games were for children, and most were high effort gameplay, demanding and engaging, just look at Mario. Or FFV. Or Zelda. Those are what actual games are. I can't believe I have to explain this to a bunch of 30+ year olds.

Last edited:
It's a common mistake among autists to think having a million little rules makes them smart, but eventually it just leads them to a position where Resident Evil is the only survival horror game in existence because any game that has 15 inventory slots instead of 12 doesn't qualify

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
His part of the game was my favorite and in my opinion he's the best character by far.
I think Robo was my favourite character. He's the most noble and selfless of any of them, and the sidequest where he spends 400 years working himself to death to replant a forest, and was so beloved that he was enshrined for it- that was just great.

His part of the game was kind of lame though. I think Ayla's was the best, but she's basically just a pinup with no actual character. Zeal was really cool too.

Ash

Arcane
Yeah, quite ironic of you to post this here, typical gamer retard:

It's a common mistake among autists to think having a million little rules makes them smart, but eventually it just leads them to a position where Resident Evil is the only survival horror game in existence because any game that has 15 inventory slots instead of 12 doesn't qualify

Zero standards, dumbfuckery and poor comprehension is how we get a game like Chrono Trigger, a game with almost ZERO RPG gameplay of any kind, defined as an RPG. It's trash precisely like this game why prestigious cRPG players relegated the JRPG subgenre to the trash, and decided that it even needs its own subgenre to begin with. Because they had standards, of course. It is a dishonor to the actual good and worthy Japanese RPGs out there.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
I have to talk to you in simple, clear terms, because you're retards lol.

Anyways, your opinion is worthless. A butthurt CT fan's opinion is worth nothing. So dumb you can't even sort a fake game from a real one despite playing video games for decades.

MasPingon

Arcane
I liked the frog too, his character design, theme song, story, all good. Doesn't save the game from absolute mind-numbing gameplay for retards though. Cut out all the hours of braindead battles and walking around to make this media qualify as monocled; this should have been a cartoon. As it stands it is worthless shit for drooling low standards dumbfucks.

Even the "it's for children!" angle doesn't apply. Yeah, made for dumb kids destined to be dumb adults. Almost all Japanese 90s games were for children, and most were high effort gameplay, demanding and engaging, just look at Mario. Or FFV. Or Zelda. Those are what actual games are. I can't believe I have to explain this to a bunch of 30+ year olds.
Get help.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Something I really noticed about that clip was the DBZ character-hair. Yeah, I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it. Now, I know the Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest has art done by Akira Toriyama & I see that what was said about CT art is also by him and sone other artists. I see Bulmas in the main DQ line and I guess sone Gokus but those guys in this clip made me think of some fusion dudes of fan art; I dunno. I never played this game but is that art prominent throughout? Has Frog made a guest appearance in DBZ?

Has Frog made a guest appearance in DBZ?
No, but there was Ginyu when he traded bodies with a random alien frog.

maxresdefault.jpg

The animated cutscenes are from the Playstation version but the loadings are brutal, so not worth it.

Ash

Arcane
Hahaha I did so specifically to trigger you. CT fanboy butthurt is delightful :smug:

Cry some more you petulant man-child. I bashed your incredibly dumb and worthless toy with nothing more than the truth. None of you can defend it, but you get so upset nonetheless. :lol:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I need to google the Time Machine for this game. Anyway, IOS states extended content but I wouldn’t know if that makes this definitive as steam is a later intro date (small screen touch seems meh but controller support). I guess this game is TBT? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

Seems fans laud this chrono series as exceptional but from dex it sounds like an easy intro to JRPGS. Cross is not on mobile but looking at the ios store I see SQUARE ENIX is putting most of their early games on there (no DQ 7 though but 1-6 & 8, FF1-6, both Manas, etc etc)

I’d prefer a big screen tbh but for some on long commutes/flights this could work. I know I’ve had greyhound rides back in the 90s I’d of killed for something to do as lighting on those buses sucks…. Guess that’s why there were some people getting chick bjs and screwing on the bus.

GREYHOUND… enjoy the ride & the show (but bring oxygen as the toilet stinks)

Beans00

Augur
Bragging about your amazing standards every single post wouldn't be impressive even if your expert analysis wasn't boilerplate /v/ ranting about generic slop with zero gameplay

Ash played doom for the first time in 2007 and rants about it to look prestigious lol.

Ash

Arcane
Again, Doom was my first ever FPS, of which I played in the 90s. I rant about it because I like it.
Why do you continue to fabricate lies about me?

And once more, even if that was true, which it is not, the time of discovery (which in reality was...1996 maybe?) is completely irrelevant to my level of prestige.

You're a little bit of a weirdo, beans00.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Anyway, IOS states extended content but I wouldn’t know if that makes this definitive as steam is a later intro date (small screen touch seems meh but controller support).

The last version to add any new content to the game was on the DS, and that new content is pretty crap (low-effort dungeon/sidequests reusing assets). The mobile ports are based on it. The steam version is also based on it, but cuts out some arena that the DS version added. However I need to repeat here that the DS additional content is garbage, so nothing of value was lost in the PC version. IIRC the DS version also had a new translation.

In general due to shitty upscaling filters and some other crappy decisions plaguing the mobile and PC ports, the definitive version is the DS one, but I'm not sure if that console can be emulated decently on a phone. Personally I also don't like the UI changes the DS version had that much, they're not bad considering the game had to be adapted to the two screens and kind of lower resolution, but the layout just feels wrong after playing the snes version.

Honestly unless you really want the animu cutscenes just get a snes emulator for your phone and a rom file of the game. Not sure if a PS1 emulator could improve the shitty loading times that port had, but that would be another option if you want the animu cutscenes.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I could take a bullet and get it for ios though, having not played any version, I wouldn’t be able to accurately compare it. I probably have five or more SNES roms on hard drives due to dling entire console archives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom